The Hogan guarantee

Heartbreak_Kid_707

Championship Contender
I was told by 3 very reliable inside sources "The Wrestling Community" and "Jay M. Cantrell" and John Canton that it is a 99% guarantee that Hulk Hogan will be at Wrestlemania 32. In a quote saying "It's a 99% guarantee that the only way Hogan won't be at WM32 is if he's 6 feet under"

Anyone else heard any rumors?

This reeks of a very cheesy or a very good story line either way be prepared for either NWO version 2.0 or Immortal part 2.

Does it really matter?

He's not going to wrestle.

So, people really care that much just to hear his music, see the old man flex and maybe make a few comments to someone?

I just don't care about guest appearances or cameos as much as so many others... if it's someone who can actually still compete... like The Rock, then amazing... but otherwise, nope...

Does it really matter?

He's not going to wrestle.

So, people really care that much just to hear his music, see the old man flex and maybe make a few comments to someone?

I just don't care about guest appearances or cameos as much as so many others... if it's someone who can actually still compete... like The Rock, then amazing... but otherwise, nope...

Pretty much how I look at it.

For one thing, WWE is going to keep their distance from Hogan until the whole thing with his racist rant blows over, which is difficult to do since Hogan talks about it in every sort of interview that he gives.

For another, you have to consider the very real possibility that Hogan's reputation is irreparably harmed in the eyes of a lot of fans. I'm not saying some fans won't cheer him for nostalgia's sake or that they don't particularly care about what he said, but I'd definitely bet that a lot of fans would boo him. If you want to talk about something that insults the intelligence of fans, Hogan coming out to his music, the commentators going nuts while praising Hogan's appearance and Hogan doing his schtick on the mic as if nothing ever happened would be one massive pecker slap right in the collective face of damn near every wrestling fan watching. I don't think nearly enough time has passed for people to forgive and forget and Vince McMahon is very image conscious; WWE would be raked over the coals in the mainstream media for allowing Hogan to be part of the show and if there's one thing Vince hates, it's bad press that does anything to cast doubt as to the wholesome image Vince wants WWE to have.

Also, as has been mentioned, Hulk Hogan's not gonna wrestle. When Hogan signed with WWE again a few years back, he went through the battery of medical exams that every wrestler has to go through if they're to physically compete; the results of the exam are confidential, of course, but Hogan wasn't medically cleared, so he wasn't given a wrestling role. On top of that, his condition must've been so fragile that any and all physicality was kept to an absolute minimum.

A legend wants to pop up on WWE TV sometimes for a cameo, that's fine. However, for the biggest show of the year, if you ain't there to wrestle then I've got no real interest in seeing you.

I'm not saying some fans won't cheer him for nostalgia's sake or that they don't particularly care about what he said, but I'd definitely bet that a lot of fans would boo him.

Booing is one thing, imagine if Hogan comes out and the smarks get a little chant like "Fing N-words!!", or " You hate black people", or "You're a racist!". That would look bad and totally hurt the vibe of the show and why are we discussing this based on another awful thread from a user that names three sources that are all not named Vince McMahon or Hulk Hogan. Oh wait, even if Hogan did say he would be at Mania I wouldn't believe him.

As an 80's kid who worshipped the ground Hulk walked on let me just say that as great of a TV character the guy was, he is just a sad real life tragedy. A man who completely lacks self and world awareness. It has made him a ton of money, fame, power, and glory but has left him a lost soul.

And i dont mean from a religious perspective.

I think its totally impossible.....
Vince would never risk the image of his company......
and i too dont want him to pop up atleast at Wrestlemania

For one thing, WWE is going to keep their distance from Hogan until the whole thing with his racist rant blows over, which is difficult to do since Hogan talks about it in every sort of interview that he gives.

Just the notion that these things do 'blow over' is evidence enough that the only factor that might prevent WWE from having Hogan trot out at WM32 is public relations oriented. The principles involved mean little; I doubt the company thinks of him as a racist.....and I firmly believe too much of a PC controversy was made about a private conversation he had that wound up on tape, broadcast all over the damn world.

Still, if the controversy is still brewing by next April.....but WWE somehow learned that an extra 100,000 buys and/or network subscriptions would be guaranteed if Hogan showed up at the big event to talk about vitamins, prayers & vegetables....I really wonder if Vince McMahon would have the guy on his show, racist or not.

What's best for business?

I was "at" the 2012 Royal Rumble, nobody seemed to notice. I think Hogan will probably be in the parking lot trying to sell t-shirts he knitted himself, but I highly doubt we'll be hearing his music.

With Hogan's reputation, I can't think of any role he would be logically allowed to play at WrestleMania 32. He's the kind of embarrassment that will never be endearing in retrospect, his verbal shit-storm has overshadowed all his ear gestures and leg drops.

The WWE has plenty of options for getting a retro pop out of the crowd, maybe not from Hogan's generation because father time kind of screwed us on that one. Instead of Hogan; just have Rock or Flair cut a promo.

Hogan's only hope of redemption is to lay so low for the next five years that people wouldn't have any reason to think about him for that time. At best, people will be indifferent toward him for what he did. Maybe, and this is a big maybe, anonymously donate to afro-centric charities. Do something positive in a pseudo-secret manner so that we fans can at least get some happy Hogan news that he had supposedly not intended to have released.

Until Hogan finds a way to make amends for being a less adorable example of a fucking idiot, he's not going to be prominently featured by anybody except morning talk shows.

Isn't it amazing that a man's career and legacy is destroyed by a mere word?

Sticks and stones.

The fact that everyone jumps on Hogan for saying a word, and everyone getting upset because blacks can't build a bridge and move on, yet the same Americans hold onto their own "freedom of speech" when they feel like it.

It just proves the "farce" of the First Amendment, and why the Bill Of Rights is a joke, because people accept "freedom of speech" only when they agree with the speech. Hypocrites!

Sticks and stones.

The fact that everyone jumps on Hogan for saying a word, and everyone getting upset because blacks can't build a bridge and move on, yet the same Americans hold onto their own "freedom of speech" when they feel like it.

It just proves the "farce" of the First Amendment, and why the Bill Of Rights is a joke, because people accept "freedom of speech" only when they agree with the speech. Hypocrites!

After all this time, you still don't have a clue what you're talking about. Have you actually thought about what the First Amendment means? I mean what it actually means and not some idealized fantasy about what you think it's supposed to be or should be.

Hulk Hogan has the freedom to say whatever he wants to say as long as it doesn't incite, encourage or instruct others to commit acts of violence against others. There's absolutely no such thing as completely, 100% unlimited freedom to say ANYTHING you want and there never has been; there have always been some restrictions placed upon it if it puts other people's lives at risk. If he wants to say the N-word, he can say it and he can't put thrown in jail, fined or sued by anyone for saying. However, once a person decides to express their right to say whatever they want, they also have to endure the potential consequences that comes from the fallout of exercising said right. If you want to go on a racist tirade online and post it to YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, send it to major news organizations, then you're absolutely entitled to do so. It's also the absolute right of friends or even family to want absolutely nothing to do with you afterwards and for your place of employment to no longer want your services. If you work for anyone from Microsoft to friggin' Taco Bell, use racial slurs and it can be proven that you said it, you're gonna get fired.

It's a word that I wish would just go away forever, but that's not gonna happen. I don't like the fact that there's something of a double standard pertaining to the N-word, but there's nothing that can change that. It's a loaded word, perhaps the single most loaded word in the history of Western Civilization, and the inescapable fact is that a white person using it is taking some degree of risk whenever it's used.

I think WWE still wants Hulk Hogan to cool down even longer, I really don't think WWE + Hogan are going to be cut off forever, I just hope that it's not another case where we don't see WWE acknowledging his existence until after he's passed on (I'm mostly thinking of Randy Savage in this case)

Sticks and stones.

And it's it amazing that you think people can do an say what they want without any repercussions. Even Hogan has apologized for what he said, you are one of the only people I've read that thinks what he did was okay.

Like JH said go around saying the "N" word freely and see how long your friends stick around. See how long you remain employed. It would be an interesting experiment don't you think. So please give it a shot and let us know how it works out for you. As you say "freedom of speech" entitles you to pretty much do and say whatever you want, so give it a try.

As for the topic at hand. What I'm seeing is nothing, and I mean nothing. He did an interview with SI not long ago on this subject, and the general feeling afterwards was he should be keeping a low profile and not bringing it up every chance he gets.

If he keeps up this behaviour he'll never get back into the WWE as they most likely want this to blow over. Hogan being Hogan though will protest his innocence to the end, even though he's already admitted guilt. For a 61 year old man, he really is a child when it comes to accepting responsibility for his own actions.

I can't see him at Wrestlemania 32 as long as he won't shut up.

After all this time, you still don't have a clue what you're talking about. Have you actually thought about what the First Amendment means? I mean what it actually means and not some idealized fantasy about what you think it's supposed to be or should be.

Hulk Hogan has the freedom to say whatever he wants to say as long as it doesn't incite, encourage or instruct others to commit acts of violence against others. There's absolutely no such thing as completely, 100% unlimited freedom to say ANYTHING you want and there never has been; there have always been some restrictions placed upon it if it puts other people's lives at risk. If he wants to say the N-word, he can say it and he can't put thrown in jail, fined or sued by anyone for saying. However, once a person decides to express their right to say whatever they want, they also have to endure the potential consequences that comes from the fallout of exercising said right. If you want to go on a racist tirade online and post it to YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, send it to major news organizations, then you're absolutely entitled to do so. It's also the absolute right of friends or even family to want absolutely nothing to do with you afterwards and for your place of employment to no longer want your services. If you work for anyone from Microsoft to friggin' Taco Bell, use racial slurs and it can be proven that you said it, you're gonna get fired.

It's a word that I wish would just go away forever, but that's not gonna happen. I don't like the fact that there's something of a double standard pertaining to the N-word, but there's nothing that can change that. It's a loaded word, perhaps the single most loaded word in the history of Western Civilization, and the inescapable fact is that a white person using it is taking some degree of risk whenever it's used.

Oh JackHammer I just love reading all your politically correct bull every time i log into a wz thread. Just because you present yourself as the almighty voice of reason on these threads on EVERY single topic, doesn't mean you yourself are right about a whole lot. You're up on your high horse here again telling people they have no clue what they're talking about when it comes to freedom of speech. You pass yourself as some politically correct language police and it really is truly hilarious. Dude your opinion is your opinion..it's not anyone else's truth no matter how far your head is up your own ass.

My OPINION is that it is 100 percent ridiculous that one human being anywhere on earth gives two shits that years ago Hulk Hogan (in the privacy of his own home on a hidden recorder) called one single black man a NIGGITY NIG ******. The man has been alive for 62 years. Most of us haven't been alive half as long and we've all used the word ******. Anybody here or anywhere in the English world who says they have never said the word ****** before is a LIAR and should never be trusted or respected. (Oh and we should all secretly record everybody when they do say the word and then threaten to release to their employers for money..and then we can have a world full of unemployed people who as a result have no friends lol)..

****** is an English slang word. It's been around for what 100 years? The English language as we know it hasn't been around that much longer. Language and meaning, regardless of connotation, is how we all communicate with each other. Hogan had an issue with one blackie (hope my way around the evil word ****** isn't irritating any of you politically correct JackHammer type hacks) and the particular one was driving a wedge between Hogan and his daughter. So he said something about it to someone in privacy and in confidence and used 'slang' negative connotation to explain himself. Big fn deal. Nothing to see here. Let's move on already. The real issue is whoever recorded and blackmailed Hogan is a disrespectful little cunt. Hogan has done a million worse things in his life. What he said about his son's paralyzed best friend after the accident was a trillion times more disgusting. If Hogan was going to be blacklisted by WWE and by fans and not be welcome in politically correct PG WWE arenas all over the world, would it have not happened already 10 years ago?

You might not like the 'loaded' word and you might like to say what soundsto you like the voice of reason. But truth is the big bad scary loaded word is going nowhere no matter how many of us get fired or publicly shunned. It's just a word among millions of others and it can be used lovingly depending on the situation. Was it really oh so risky of me to say the word ******? No not all. By not saying it, I'd be giving that word the sort of evil power you ***** want it to have (oh shit I said twat did i just disrespect all women? lol). If you guys can't handle a world full of honest yet derogatory words, then be prepared to be called out for the wussy phonies you are..

This is the new conservatism, Jack-Hammer. You're now a politically correct liberal. I used to be a moderate myself, but somehow over the past ten years being a moderate has changed into being a flaming liberal who might be a communist.

Oh JackHammer I just love reading all your politically correct bull every time i log into a wz thread. Just because you present yourself as the almighty voice of reason on these threads on EVERY single topic, doesn't mean you yourself are right about a whole lot. You're up on your high horse here again telling people they have no clue what they're talking about when it comes to freedom of speech. You pass yourself as some politically correct language police and it really is truly hilarious. Dude your opinion is your opinion..it's not anyone else's truth no matter how far your head is up your own ass.

Nothing Jackhammer said pertaining the freedom of speech was opinion, it was fact. It's also readily available information, JH isn't exactly bursting bubbles here. Hogan's right to free speech was in absolutely no way infringed upon. He was not punished legally in any way. He just lost his fucking job.

As for the topic at hand, I really don't care. I'd rather not see Hogan take up any more time doing irrelevant shit anymore. Kind of wish Ric Flair would say some horrible racist shit too so we can quit pretending he still matters.

No, the founding fathers meant absolute, ultimate, unfetted freedom of speech. You could say what you like, when you like, how you like, to whom you like. However, it took people like Oliver Wendell Holmes to get laws set up to prevent things like libel, slander and other laws pertaining to speech.

I actually think that the laws on what people can say should be more restrictive, and that the media should be held to greater account for exposing this, since they invaded Hogan's privacy. If I was Hulk Hogan, I would ask my lawyer to find something to sue TMZ and the National Enquirer for every cent, and send them bankrupt. I am sure that there would be a lot of Holywood stars who would help finance his case.

Sure, you can say what you like, and suffer the consequences. It just smacks of hypocrisy that you bag Hogan for saying something vile, and yet these same nothing loser critics, who no-one cares if they live or die, are allowed to say just as vile things about Hogan, and most of you losers allow it, because it is the only way you can feel good about your pathetic lives, by dragging the achievers down to your level of mediocrity.

Also, let's face it, unless you are black, why do you care? Does the white come off? What's in it for you to defend blacks? Does it make you look good, and not look like a racist in public (even though most people are racist in private, I bet)? I bet you profile people, and judge them by appearance too, you F'ing hypocritical loser? So, what is your agenda, or are you just jumping on a popular bandwagon?

You're right to an extent. You have the right to say the stupidest, most idiotic drivel ever written, and I have a right to point out your stupidity, to wonder about your lack of intelligence, and to give you enough rope to hang yourself and expose your folly to the rest to the world, and I enjoy doing it. WWE needs Hulk Hogan more than he needs them, so it's their loss. If I was Vince, I would hope that Hogan doesn't dig up dirt on me, and use the same media who condemned him, to turn the spotlight on McMahon again. Hogan almost got Vince sent to jail last time, so who knows what Hogan has on Vince, and maybe ask for his job back, or else.

My sources wasn't VKM nor Hogan. As I'm soo sure you've never spread a rumor from a source and you know all the wrestlers personally right? That's what I thought. ATLEAST I named my 3 sources. John Canton is a freelance writer out of Toronto Canada and writes for three different websites.Jay Cantrell is the head moderator at a wrestling site and former WWE employee.

If either of these guys say there's a 99% chance of Hogan shows up, then I believe it. I don't know where they got it. Just said insider.

More than ALOT of people give from potential news. Personally Hogan is someone I despise, but truth is truth..

My sources wasn't VKM nor Hogan. As I'm soo sure you've never spread a rumor from a source and you know all the wrestlers personally right? That's what I thought. ATLEAST I named my 3 sources. John Canton is a freelance writer out of Toronto Canada and writes for three different websites.Jay Cantrell is the head moderator at a wrestling site and former WWE employee.

If either of these guys say there's a 99% chance of Hogan shows up, then I believe it. I don't know where they got it. Just said insider.

More than ALOT of people give from potential news. Personally Hogan is someone I despise, but truth is truth..

Don't have to get your panties in a bunch. No one called you a liar. I looked online and haven't seen one word about Hogan at Mania 32 since he was fired.

There was a lot beforehand, but the WWE hasn't even mentioned his name since the news broke. The only thing I did see was that people were saying that if he ever wanted to get back into McMahon's good graces then he should shut the hell up.

He was fired for a reason, and he keeps bringing that reason up every time he's interviewed. The more he does it, then the longer the road back for him will be. Now not everyone agrees with the fact he is gone from the WWE, but that was not my, their's on anyone's on here's decision to make. McMahon made the decision and only he can reverse it.

No, the founding fathers meant absolute, ultimate, unfetted freedom of speech. You could say what you like, when you like, how you like, to whom you like. However, it took people like Oliver Wendell Holmes to get laws set up to prevent things like libel, slander and other laws pertaining to speech.
Wow. You'd think they'd have written that one down when they were actually making the laws.
First Amendment said:
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.
Fortunately, MY freedom of speech (a separate concept from the First Amendment!) allows me to point out that you're railing on (again) about concepts that you don't understand, but feel that shouting words will get your point across.

As an aside, and just a shot in the dark here, I'm going to guess you consider yourself a 'strict constitutionalist'?

Oh to be a Canadian and not have to debate the laws and regulations of an outdated constitution every day... yup, life is good.

Anyway, I'm in the "couldn't care less" camp when it comes to Hogan. He'll be at Mania 32, cut a promo, maybe drop a leg, and leave... it's the same shtick every time, so who cares? If he shows up, that's cool. If not, that's cool too. I'm a little hesitant whenever anybody names names on this site (do your sources know your using their names?) so I'll reserve judgement but I don't see Hogan coming back anytime soon, especially not at Mania 32. I haven't seen someone blackballed like Hogan since Benoit and if they went as far as taking him out of the HOF and erasing his name, I can't see them bringing him back in half a year later.

Time will tell, but I don't really give a shit.

I seriously doubt Hogan is coming back to WWE ever let alone at wrestlemania after what's happened.

For all we know Hogan could be in prison by then for whatever lies he allegedly told under oath. He could also win his court case and $100,000,000 and move to Australia or South America or somewhere else he barbecue himself to death on a beach in the sun and never be seen or heard from again.

I honestly think that the only reason he has hung around in wrestling is because it's the only way he can make any steady income.

This court case will make or break the rest of his life.

I'm sorry but at this point in time I just can't respect the intelligence of anyone who says its a 99% possibility Hogan will be at wrestlemania. I don't even think he'd be allowed to buy a ticket.

By WM 33, there's a chance Hogan could be back in WWE depending on how the trial plays out. But WM 32, I don't think there's a realistic chance.

I still can't see the big deal, If he had announced a press conference to tell everyone of his new racist views or done TV interviews stating how racist he is or even if he had some kind of history of racism then fair enough don't let him back to the WWE but I wouldn't have hung, drawn and quartered the guy just for saying one thing spur of the moment in anger in what he thought was a private conversation. Has everyone here really said nothing that they didn't mean or regretted in anger at some point?
No I don't think it was acceptable but he's human and he appologised so get over it.

Firstly, if your family and friends are true to you, they may be angry about you saying something, but they would sooner tell you to stop doing it, give you the silent treatment for a time etc. People who truly know the person who said it, and see it as foolish rather than that they secretly wear a KKK outfit, or are part of a Neo-Nazi group, will forgive the person if they are sorry. Any friend who wants nothing to do with you over such a little thing was never a true friend to begin with, and good riddance to them.

As for your work, you would be surprised. If what someone said is made public, then they might be fired. But I suspect that the mailroom boy has more to worry about then the employee bringing in million dollar clients. I doubt any company would be quick to sack someone who has brought in most of their business. If I got fired for doing this, I would wait for the heat to die down, and then approach my ex-company's direct opposition, and ask for a job, and then promise to bring all my best clients along with me, in order to now use what I know from the previous company to help put it out of business. That's how I treat someone who screwed me over.

Words are just made by a movement of the tongue. They have no power in themselves. They only get power, because people give words power. I think how you treat someone says more than what you say to them. The "N" word only has power, because it has been given power. Secure people wouldn't get offended by it, because they know it doesn't define them. Maybe we should stop catering to the crybabies and insecure in society.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back