The Great Khali Involved In A Shooting In India

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
The Great Khali was involved in a shooting while visiting the home of an important political figure in India. Khali was invited due to the grandson of this politician being a huge fan of Khali. Fans gathered outside the political figure's home in anticipation of Khali's arrival and came up to him hoping for an autograph.

Apparently, Khali's bodyguard was extremely aggressive from the beginning, even going so far as to roughly push children away. Witnesses say, including relatives of the politician whose home Khali was visiting, that Khali's bodyguard grabbed hold of a boy and began beating him. The gathered crowd tried to rescue the boy and, allegedly, the bodyguard pulled out his gun and began firing into the crowd. Three people were taken to the hospital with serious injuries.

http://gerweck.net/2011/01/22/wwe-superstar-involved-in-shooting/

I don't really see how Khali can be blamed here but If someone is able to spin this in the direction that Khali or the WWE is somehow at fault, you can be sure that they will.

Why does Khali need a bodyguard? Surely this guy can handle himself with his massive karate chops to peoples heads.

This is clearly WWE's fault, just like the CM Punk situation. WWE has obviously told their employees to start beating or shooting children so they can quickly move from PG. :lol:

This is clearly WWE's fault, just like the CM Punk situation. WWE has obviously told their employees to start beating or shooting children so they can quickly move from PG. :lol:
You shouldn't make light of this situation people got shot. Back to the topic at hand, I agree with Jack Hammer the blame should be placed on the body guard people have to be held accountable for their actions. Although If the reports are true and the body guard was drinking, Khali should've fired his ass, there is no way he should be working intoxicated.

Why does Khali need a bodyguard? Surely this guy can handle himself with his massive karate chops to peoples heads.
:lol:

You're right, he shouldn't need a bodyguard to shoot guns for him... he can fire bullets by squeezing each between two fingers and popping them off without having them traced by what gun it was shot from.
But really, Prince of Darkness has a point. Kicking kids, flinging fans and shooting supporters is not right, and shouldn't be joked about. :disappointed:

This is a shame. No doubt the bodyguard should be held responsible for his reprehensible actions.

That being said, though, he is under the employ of Khali, and you know what they say in the business world about the employers being responsible for who they hire. Khali was even there when it happened, so why wouldn't he tell the guy to calm down when he saw him starting to push the kids away? Wouldn't it make sense for him to intervene in some fashion if he saw his own bodyguard getting rough w/kids and starting to beat one?

Hammer's right, this will most likely result in negativity directed towards the WWE. That's unfortunately how things of this nature work. Just as I said it will reflect on Khali for not being able to control his own employee, it will project a bit on the WWE.

I don't know if it will be on that big of a scale, though. The guy is across the ocean in another country on personal business. The WWE can hardly be blamed for his actions. It's a much different scenario than Punk fighting with a fan at a WWE sanctioned event.

However I do see this as being a negative for WWE simply because of the association factor.

Yeah I agree with everyone, you were pretty classless with that one. Anyways, it's probable that the bodyguard will be in serious trouble with this one. It's not out of the realm of possibility that Khali finds himself in some hot water. I'm not a legal expert by any means but the bodyguard most likely acted on his own and is going to be the one to pay the biggest price for this. Let's face it, Khali doesn't need a bodyguard for protection. The only reason he probably has one is to push off nuisances such as a group of kids. So for the bodyguard to start shooting is absolutely insane. That's not his job. Khali was not in any danger so this guy should really be given some hard time.

I don't think people will blame the WWE like they did in the Benoit situation because it's much harder to relate the two directly. However, I wouldn't be too surprised to see the WWE sever its ties to Khali. He may be huge in India but this guy is a novelty item at best. Rather than deal with any fallout we may just see the future endeavored message on wwe.com. Not a good situation for anyone involved.

This has got to rate as the overreaction of the week. So you found this on gerweck.com...what do you think the chances of a story about someone who is the most marginal of marginal celebrities in this country having something crazy happen in what is basically a third-world country get picked up by mainstream American media? The chances are basically none and none.

In order for WWE to incur any negative publicity from this, someone besides the IWC would have to know about it. I know that if any of Wrestlezone's finest worked the news room at CNN, this one would be all over the ticker, but, let's face it, almost no one cares about stuff like this, especially when it happens halfway around the world and doesn't actually involve anyone dying or anything the wrestler himself did.

You guys don't honestly believe that is the whole story do you? I am pretty sure they're had to be a reason to fire a gun and beat up kids. If that is it he should get put in prizen for sure. But I doubt this is the story. I'm sure the kid did something...

I m from india and would like to share what's being shown in the news.
Apparently the situation is purely the bodyguard's fault as he was said to be in a drunken state.
The police has issued an arrest warrant against the bodyguard.The story notes that the mob went berserk on seeing khali and started to come very close almost manhandling him.Also there was a fight broken within the mob which led to the guard getting irritated as he was already high.Khali had no idea about his guard's drunken state.I think that the issue doesn't put either khali or wwe at wrong as the mistake was completely of the guard.

Btw "phd" try not to call India a third world country I found it a tad offence (born/bred in Britain but of Indian origin *parents*) call them LEDCs if you insist (woot my geography side lol).

I don't think this will really affect WWE but i'm predicting them to break their ties with Khali (good riddance I hate the guy).

If this is the case they could always bring "Sonjay Dutt" (remember him) from Australia or where ever he now is... I'd prefer him as a promoter of WWE in India over Khali anyday.

It would hurt the WWE in one way or another.I remember during the Attitude Era many kids were injured badly while 'wrestling' back in India.There were protests,hell programming was banned for one year.This incident if highlighted by media will have serious ramifications for WWE.BTW this incident may be shocking to you guys,but in our state of Kashmir,over 100 teenagers were killed in 4 months.I want to know how I'll highlight this.

I m from india and would like to share what's being shown in the news.
Apparently the situation is purely the bodyguard's fault as he was said to be in a drunken state.

Soooo in India is it illegal to be drunk and randomly shoot people? Because I have to say, this sounds like a big deal if true.

Khali can probably be held liable for something since this guy was an employee of his and his actions are intended to be on behalf of Khali. The fact that Khali was THERE while this happened certainly won't help. There is absolutely 0% that WWE would be liable in if they had no part of the event. Remember, Khali isn't even really an employee, he's a contract employee (as are all wrestlers).

I hope everyone injured comes out okay.

Wow, this is really shocking...I sure hope that the bodyguard gets put in jail and that this wont get blown out of proportion and that the finger turns around on Khali or WWE

kinda typical indian behavor, This is a "Third world country" no surprise it happened. argee with above, whats the point of body gaurds he could have just given his massive karate chop. :disappointed: also dont be surpised if the shooter gets away these indians are for the most part corrupt.

WTF was Khali's bodyguard smoking? That's beyond insane. But i wonder did Khali see the bodyguard doing any of these things before the gun shots went off. If Khali did, it's his fault because once he saw these things he should have stopped it immediately. If he didn't see it then it's the ******ed bodyguards fault. But if WWE was going to fire Khali, they would have been did it, especially after being eliminated from the rumble by Beth Phoenix. This guy has been a joke ever since he turned face.

This has got to rate as the overreaction of the week. So you found this on gerweck.com...what do you think the chances of a story about someone who is the most marginal of marginal celebrities in this country having something crazy happen in what is basically a third-world country get picked up by mainstream American media? The chances are basically none and none.

In order for WWE to incur any negative publicity from this, someone besides the IWC would have to know about it. I know that if any of Wrestlezone's finest worked the news room at CNN, this one would be all over the ticker, but, let's face it, almost no one cares about stuff like this, especially when it happens halfway around the world and doesn't actually involve anyone dying or anything the wrestler himself did.

If you'd bothered to read all of my post then you'd notice the last line I typed:

"I don't really see how Khali can be blamed here but If someone is able to spin this in the direction that Khali or the WWE is somehow at fault, you can be sure that they will."

I never said that the WWE would catch hell from this. I said that if it's possible for someone to spin this into something to make this the WWE's fault, they will. Also, there's still some potential for a possible media backlash against WWE in India. The WWE has worked to expand its international audience in 2010 and India is one of those places. Khali is a decent sized celebrity over there and I'd guess that one of the primary reasons Vince keeps Khali on the roster is because of his popularity in that new market. Also, when was India declared a third world country and by whom? It has the 11th largest economy in the world, has had an annual GDP growth of about 6% over the span of the last two decades which makes it one of the world's fastest growing economies and currently has the third largest standing military force in the world.

Another example of why people need to let the facts come out before commenting on something. From Wrestlezone...

TMZ.com is reporting the following:

"WWE star The Great Khali has been linked to a shooting in India that happened on Friday -- but the 7 foot superstar tells TMZ he had nothing to do with it.

According to varying reports, a bodyguard working for Khali allegedly fired shots into a crowd and reportedly injured three people.

But Khali tells us, "I am deeply saddened to hear of this incident and am disappointed it has been incorrectly reported that I was involved. I had left my friend's house a half an hour before the reported shooting took place and did not have any bodyguards with me. My thoughts and prayers go out to the people who were injured."

In addition to his wrestling career, Khali had small parts in "The Longest Yard," "Get Smart," and "MacGruber." You can read more at http://www.tmz.com/2011/01/22/wwe-great-khaki-india-denies-involvement-in-shooting/

I see Khali becoming a jobber for awhile now out of this situation if he even gets airtime on WWE shows. I mean it his fault too since he should of taken care of the body guard and tell him to chill out. I see Hornswoggle beating up Khali for awhile for his punishment.

This is a shame. No doubt the bodyguard should be held responsible for his reprehensible actions.

That being said, though, he is under the employ of Khali, and you know what they say in the business world about the employers being responsible for who they hire. Khali was even there when it happened, so why wouldn't he tell the guy to calm down when he saw him starting to push the kids away? Wouldn't it make sense for him to intervene in some fashion if he saw his own bodyguard getting rough w/kids and starting to beat one?

Hammer's right, this will most likely result in negativity directed towards the WWE. That's unfortunately how things of this nature work. Just as I said it will reflect on Khali for not being able to control his own employee, it will project a bit on the WWE.

I don't know if it will be on that big of a scale, though. The guy is across the ocean in another country on personal business. The WWE can hardly be blamed for his actions. It's a much different scenario than Punk fighting with a fan at a WWE sanctioned event.

However I do see this as being a negative for WWE simply because of the association factor.

I can't agree more with Hitman on this one.

This is REALLLYY bad PR for WWE on this one, as big or small on the scale it is. But it's not like they can really be blamed for it. But "guilty by association" has never been anything new for anybody who runs a business.

Bad break for WWE, but it's not like they won't have somebody on the PR side of the business making things right in the next 12-24 hours.

Silly incident though, shouldn't even have to be discussed.

The WWE should obviously take more care of whom their wrestlers choose as a body guard. it wouldn't of happened if they had of screened his body guard.

But seriously, They shouldn't be able to blame the great khali, It's not his fault, But I agree with the jack hammer, the WWE haters will try and pin the blame on the WWE somehow. Everything always seems to lead back to the WWE. It wasn't at a WWE organized event, he was there on his own accord. it will be interesting to see what pans out over all this.

Having been to India before and seeing it's people first hand I have to say this whole thing is not surprising. Also i'm inclined to agree in part with the third world comments above as 90% of the people there are of this mentality. They have no value for life and the corruption is rampant, won't be surprised if no one is 'really' punished - as it'll all depend on who was shot and who they 'know'. Sadly this whole thing could have been avoided if they had enough security for crowd control cos, common, the regular folk over there go nuts over their stars. Balls-out-bat-sh*t-crazy-mad-as-F***-kinda-nuts.

Everyone talking about India as a third world country... ESPECIALLY highlighting the 'none too surprising nature of a gun crime' .. and saying that they're full of corruption and have no value for life.

Most of you live in America... I'm willing to bet the incidents involving guns are higher in number in American than India. You hand out free shotguns with car test drives.. (yes i've picked an extreme example to highlight the mentality of your entire country if you can do it with India I can do it with you) In what way does that encourage 'value for life

India is also not third world. Some parts of it have a lot of wealth and it's also growing ecomically. Zimbabwe is a third world coutnry, heck most of Africa.. But India isn't.

The term Third World simply means that weren't communist or western allies in the cold war. They are a developing nation were as Zimbabwe is an underdeveloped nation, now back to the shooting incident.

This is obviously some greater over-arching work that we're not quite aware of yet.

On a serious note. I'm sure Khali had little to nothing to do with this, WWE will need to do some serious PR work to get that message across to the masses, let the ignorant journalists flow in.

I don't think that this incident is going to harm WWE's image in any way and nor is it going to hurt WWE's relations with India. See WWE was telecast in India long before Khali even stepped into the ring and the WWE had strong relations with India long before Khali. I would not say that Khali has had no impact. He has made people who did not give a fuck about wrestling take a fleeting interest in wrestling but that's about it. He has not really revolutionized the way wrestling is looked at in India or anything and nor has he contributed to a huge upsurge in its popularity.

Also I do not think that this news will make its way to the American news networks unless if there is someone with a personal vendetta against WWE. At the end of the day it might be a huge news in India, but in the context of the world at a large, its a pretty trivial happening.

As for Khali, he may have some explaining to do when he gets back to the US. The WWE is very concious about its image and Khali might be in a bit of trouble though this incident was not his fault. I think that some of you might feel that Khali's job is pretty secure due to him being from India but I do not think that his position is so impregnable that he will be let go even if he does some serious shit. At the end of the day I am pretty sure that WWE's relations with India and its overall popularity here will remain as strong as ever even if Khali is let go as had been the case before Khali debuted.

And as for the derogatory third world comments about India, as an Indian I do feel a bit irritated but only at your ignorance and lack of intelligence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back