The Great Khali Is Leaving WWE?

This should be fun.

Khali has always sucked in the ring,

Except when he hasn't.

I have very rarely seen a wrestler in WWE as limited as he is

I've seen tons of wrestler limited more than Khali is. I think we need to have a talk on our definitions of "limited".

he can't sell

He sells quite well for a big guy. Wrong.

can't move

Let me explain myself more clearly so even you can understand. The guy is over 7 feet tall and over 400 fucking pounds. Do you want him to move like Mysterio? Answer me that. If you were his size and weight, do you think you would be Usain Bolt in the ring?

can barely perform any moves

He's a power guy so he doesn't need to deviate from that. I just hope one day that Khali would knock on your door and use one of his chops on your head so you can see how it felt because I imagine it wouldn't be pleasant. He uses what works and it worked pretty damn good.

and can't talk

So what if he can't talk. Is talking a requirement now? I don't think I remember Yokozuna ever talking that much. Khali doesn't need to talk. Batista didn't even talk that much and he was one of the top superstars. Asinine statement.

I really hope he is leaving because I do not think I have ever been entertained by anything he has ever done in his wrestling career, and the memory of him holding the World Title sickens me, possibly the most undeserved title reign in WWE history.

I can think of plenty of undeserved title reigns by guys like Jericho, HBK, HHH, Rock, and the list goes on and on. Come up with something better.

Khali isn't much of a loss for the WWE at this point, on-screen. Plus, from what I've read, he's going to maintain a working relationship with the WWE, so they'll still have his pull over in India, which is going to be important going ahead for the WWE. Khali was fairly good for what he was brought in to do, he looked like an absolute monster for a while there. It was good to have him come along and break the mold, it's needed every so often. He wasn't a cookie cutter guy, but he was enjoyable in what he did.

That said, I'll never list Khali as a "great" superstar, nor will I remember many of his matches, but that doesn't mean he wasn't good at what he was needed to do. When they needed him as a main eventer, he was there. Enjoy retirement, big fella.

As much as I would have like him to stay, he want's to become a full-time actor and I respect him for that, I don't think this is a BIG loss for WWE, I heard that he will still be in contact with the 'E' and help with the promotion aswell..

Khali was an alright monster, nothing more, nothing less, his speech problems made him a permanent heel/tweener, and the kiss cam with Khali got old pretty fast, I even like the Punjabi Prison match, it was pretty cool, but that was about all he had going for him besides his monster bit.

But still, when there needed to be a monster afoot, Khali was the go to guy, and it seems like Kane, Taker, and possibly Big Show are showing signs of slowing down, so now the big monster guys are the Batista-like guys, which don't really have a monster look to them.

I don't think it's a big loss. Great Khali was actually pretty interesting when he debuted; he had a cool and unique look. However, it got old pretty quick. He was pretty sloppy in the ring and his matches were pretty boring quality wise. There were a few guys who Khali worked fine with like Cena, Undertaker and even had a solid match against Triple H at SummerSlam a few years back. But even then, his limited moveset got in his way. It's cringe worthy when he performed big moves like a big boot or his clotheslines. Eventually, Khali might be back and I won't really have a problem with it. As long as he's putting over talent isnted of dominating them. I'll stick with Big Show and Kane when it comes to fullfilling my need for big men. They can at least move without stumbling.

Khali is 39 and has quite a few injuries and so it is not very surprising that he chose to retire from the ring. I am not particularily happy or sad by this developement because while Khali wasn't one of my favorites, he was someone who entertained me from time to time. I thought that his heel run in 2007 was very good and he entertained me with his bad dancing from time to time. I do agree with Sly that someone like Khali is much better than a Heath Slater or a Primo though. Those two cannot even entertain me accidentally. Still I am more or less indifferent about Khali's retirement.

One little thing that I would like to clarify is that it would not have any effect on the Indian market. Not because of Mahal who looks green as pigeon shit to me but because WWE has more or less always been popular in India ever since the days of Hogan with the Attitude and the pre Attitude era being some of the hottest times in these parts. Ask any Indian kid who their favorite wrestler is and he would probably say John Cena, not The Great Khali. Khali has had very little impact on the market in India to be honest. Wrestling is still looked on here in the same way it was looked at 10 years ago. It's something that kids or at best young adults watch. I haven't known anyone in India who is above 30 and watches wrestling and I doubt if that will ever be the case.

Still that is not an indicment on Khali as probably no one can change this perception. I would say though that he has done a serviceable job for the WWE.

It really would be interesting if the WWE pushed Jinder Mahal in a major way just to keep the Indian audience strong. One of the major arguments for why the WWE pushed Khali was because he's big in India. With him gone, will the WWE still care about having some one with that ancestry to sell to them?

Its not much of a surprise that he's leaving..he was brought in for his physique..doesnt has ring ability though and nor are the indian guys are that big a draw in USA ...
In the attitude era tiger ali singh comes to mind...its the way they all are stereotyped..like even now jinder mahal's future is questioned after losing to santino.

i hold no hatred to the great khali he did his best (though his best was ppor but im not judging). he did alright when he came but went downhill. i wish him the best and hope that the wwe capitolizes on this by filling in he time he spent in the ring with younger guys having longer matches. though he was better then heath slater ( not that thats a very hard task).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back