The Football half season thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it's Supermod!
The aim of this thread is to tell us your opinions on what your club has done this far in the season, and how you can see it going down at the end.

So I go with the team of Newcastle United Football Club.

After what seemed a good start to the season the ball was rolling, we drew 1-1 at Man United, beat Bolton and we were through to the next roun of the Carling cup. Things were going great for Newcastle United, there were a couple of dubious transfer purchases and the Barton fiasco, but what did we care? we're the Toon Army, things always turn out OK...don't they?

Step up Kevin Keegan and the thousand of geordie fans to accept your award for the biggest ***** of the season.

Keegan quits
Fans go ape
Club do shit
Ashley says he'll sell club
Kinnear comes in, he does alright
Ashley says he isn't going to sell
Given/N'zogbia hand in transfer request
Owen refuses to sign a contract
We have shit loads of injuries

What has gone on this season is an absolute shambles, we've become a laughing stock and rightly so. What will happen in the transfer window I do not know, but either way it will make or break our season.

We buy well and keep Given then we could finish in the top half of the table
We sell Given, N'Zogbia, Enrique and not buy well then we're good as fucked.

Arsenal

We let go of Flamini, Gilberto, Hleb and Lehmann in the summer and we signed Nasri, Bischoff (who??) and Silvestre which shows that we have a weaker squad than last season's.

We started off okay beating West Brom and then we lost to Fulham. We managed to bounce back straight away with wins against Newcastle, Bolton and Blackburn. We then lost to Stoke and since then our team has lacked confidence. Our defenders are afraid of heading the ball and Van Persie looks like he is the only player willing to ive 100%.

At the moment, we are 5th and in grave danger in not qualifying for next season's Champions League and that would be a financial catastrophe and that could also see a lot of players leave in the summer including Cesc Fabregas.

I just hope Wenger buys a couple of quality players in January so we can try and instill some much needed confidence in our players and I feel that if we don't buy anyone then we can forget about Champions League football next season

Stoke:

I flit between thinging we'll easily stay up and we're going down. One week we'll beat Arsenal or draw with Liverpool. The next we'll lose three nil to a Blackburn team that's playing terribly.

I'm unsure about any players that Pulis brings in. Dave Kitson has been a flop, as have most of the others he's bough in with the exceptions of Abdoulaye Faye & Higginbotham. I hear rumours of Jermaine Pennant and I cringe, nothing more than potential. He'll think he's top dog at Stoke and I don't see that doing anything for morale. I want Marlon Harewood, a big ugly black guy, he'll fit in well with the rest of the team. Which consists of more big ugly black guys, and short ugly white guys.

However the season ends at least we've got some good results along the way. And considering we've only really got a good Championsip squad as it is, if we go down we should jump right back up.

Manchester United: We haven't hit top gear yet. 3rd in the league as of 14th January 2009, should be 2nd by tomorrow with a convincing win over Wigan. Winning the World Club Championship, while against awful competition, was another highlight of our season and just showed everyone how good the current MUFC team is. It's going down in history as the most dominant. Currently we can be happy with our results, but not against the big 3. We should have won more, and we know that we can, but we still haven't hit top form yet.

As for predictions at the end of the season: I can see us retaining, again, the Premiership, because we have the experience in the squad now to carry on the charge until the end of the season. We have two games in hand and big games at home, which is a major advantage because of the crowd support. As for the Champions League, I think we can defenitely get to the semi finals, because we're more determined than ever to become the first team to retain the CL since the new tournement was introduced. Getting to the final is a big ask, and we could do it, but it's going to take something special. I see us winning the Carling Cup & F.A Cup too. We're already in the semi final of the Carling Cup, and beating Derby at home is an easy task. In the F.A Cup, we haven't won the cup in a while so I think it's due to be won by Utd. We have won it the most in history.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back