Best fans in the world?

SK

I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaack
Who are the best set of club fans in the world, in any sport?

I don't know about fans of lots of sports, but I do know about football fans.

In England I would say the 3 best sets of fans are Liverpool, Newcastle and Portsmouth.

I'm probably biased about Liverpool, but I do think our fans are loyal and always fill ticket allocations everywhere. We had over 1 Million people at the Champions League homecoming, we also recorded the loudest recorded football fan noise average was Liverpool Vs Chelsea in the Champs league Semi's and finally when we won the FA Cup 400,000 people stood in the rain meanwhile Chelsea Had less than 100,000 for both of there premiership wins.

Newcastle, very very passionate fans who are very loyal and loud at matches, the upcoming season will really show how loyal they are, but I imagine they will still get high attendances and the fans will remain optimistic that they can get back into the premiership, as long as Ashley goes.

Portsmouth, I think everyone can agree that Pompey fans are the loudest in the prem, even with that annoying bellringer! They also had good fans before coming to the premiership and even though their fanbase might be small, it is very loud and faithful.

Outside of the UK honourable mentions have to go to, Roma, Lazio, Panathiniakos, Olympiakos, Galatasaray, Athletico Madrid, River Plate, Boca Juniors, Celtic, Rangers. All of these fans are passionate and some are violent and would die for their club.

Anyway outside of football and well really the premiership and championship and the top leagues in Europe, I don't know how passionate many other fans are and would appreciate opinions, who do you think are the best club fans in the world?

In Canada in the Canadian Football League, despite being our bitter rivals, I have to admit that the Saskatchewan RoughRiders fans are incredible. A small market team that sells out its 30,000 seats everyweek in a city with 300,000 people is impressive. 30,000 fans all with a watermelon mask makes for a great sight. Nothing like seeing them freezing their asses off, while drinking some whiskey. The sea of green comes alive, and not just in the stadium, but across Western Canada as Saskachewan natives go wild for their team.

Easily the fans of the Oregon Ducks. We have sold out Autzen Stadium for 60+ games in a row, packing in 59,000 people. We'll sit in the pouring rain, blistering sun, bitter cold, and intense wind. We're like mail men. Rain, sleet, snow, whatever... And we are loud. Like, loud.

Celtic. I know because every Saturday/Sunday I go and watch them along with 60,000 others. I fell in love with it during the EUFA cup final in 2003. I went to watch it in Celtic Park whilst it was actually taking place in Seville. Anywho, the atmosphere was electric. Since the, I have been to almost every home game. It is amazing and an experience that you would never forget if you ever took it in.

Other honourable mention is Liverpool, who are also very, very passionate.

Not necessarily passionate, but I admire how Barcelona fans are known for demanding "good football" - probably part of the reason why Barcelona play the way they do.

I don’t want to say the best, but I think Philly Fans are the most Fanatic Fans as far as our Teams go. When something is wrong, we’ll let the Teams know it. We will “Boo” people out of the building and sometimes, it’s our own Teams we’re booing. I’m from South Jersey, but born in Philly and that’s how we do.

Newcastle, very very passionate fans who are very loyal and loud at matches, the upcoming season will really show how loyal they are, but I imagine they will still get high attendances and the fans will remain optimistic that they can get back into the premiership, as long as Ashley goes.

Too right, 3rd highest average attendence in the premiership last season behind only arsenal and Man U (who have bigger stadiums) despite all the turmoil behind the scenes. As long as Mike Ashley sells the club it'll be the same next season with the Toon army selling out the allocation for the away games as well.

Football is a way of life in the north east, we're more passionate because we're a one team city unlike Manchester or London. 90% of football fans in Newcastle are behind the team.

I wouldn't go as far as to say Newcastle has the best fans in the world but we're definatly top 5

HOWAY THE LADS

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back