The Final Four: Pool D

Pick One of the Final Four

• Mike Awesome

• Steve Corino

• Sandman

Results are only viewable after voting.
Mike Awesome. He is one of my favorite wrestlers by far. Pay no attention to anything in WCW. This man could fly, power, and be hardcore. The perfect all-around wrestler.

If its any one of these guys that get in it would have to be Sandman. Along with RVD and Sabu he was one of the most over guys in ECW, and had a huge influence on the more hardcore Attitude Era gimmicks. Wasn't the greatest in the ring, but he was over, and he put on a show every time.

Mike Awesome. He is one of my favorite wrestlers by far. Pay no attention to anything in WCW. This man could fly, power, and be hardcore. The perfect all-around wrestler.

^^^This. Mike Awesome for me.

The Sandman was just a shit Steve Austin IMO. And I don't remember enough about Steve Carino to vote him.

Had to go with Steve Corino.

While I dig the shit out of both Mike Awesome and The Sandman, I don't feel either are half as good at this profession as Steve Corino is. Not only was Corino in the greatest hardcore match I've ever seen (vs. Homicide @ ROH Bitter Friends, Stiffer Enemies), but he has also been in a bunch of great 'normal' matches as well (something you can't necessarily say for Awesome and The Sandman), and he's ALWAYS entertaining whenever he gets his hands on a microphone.

To me, Corino is without a doubt one of the greatest to never make it to the "big time," and he is more than deserving of being in this tournament, especially when the other options are Mike Awesome and The Sandman (again both guys I really, really like, but it's still no competition for me regardless).

I have to go with Mike Awesome because b4 he went to WCW and got ruined with that 70's guy gimmick which was horrible he was great wrestler he had agility, power, and pretty solid Mic Skills so my pick is Mike Awesome.

Look, if I'm looking at filling a final slot, I'm going to look at who honestly has a chance to do a lot of damage in this tournament. Who of these wrestlers has accomplished the most, who is the best wrestler, and more importantly, who do I see it making sense for that go to go over somebody. That, immediately, takes Sandman out of the picture for me. His best win was over Raven, and he really has nothing of substance either than that on his resume. Don't let the "ECW Original" tag fool you; he was as shitty a wrestler as you'll ever find, and though he was pretty damn over with the ECW crowd, it never really translated to a great career. Shit, the guy fucking lost to Mikey Whipwreck. I'm sorry, that immediately cancels you out of the status, "best of the best".

Which leaves me with Corino and Mike Awesome. And while Steve Corino gave the NWA Heavyweight Title it's last semi-decent champion before TNA, I'm going to have to give it to Mike Awesome. Again, I'm basing it clearly off a better resume, and honestly having done more for the wrestling business. Corino was dedicated, but he never really offered much, aside from getitnt taken to the limit in a feud to Dusty Rhodes while the fat man was in his sixties. Mike Awesome, meanwhile, was a dominant ECW World Champion, a fantastic wrestler at FMW, and had some ok wins in WCW. He's beaten the likes of Page, Nash, Hogan, and Masato Tanaka. I like Corino, but I really do feel as though Mike Awesome can do more damage. Give it to Awesome Mike Awesome.

I voted for Corino here, probably because I got to see him more in a positive light in my time watching wrestling. I was a massive WCW watcher and I saw WCW Awesome. It wasn't.

Oh yeah, Corino is Canadian. Don't be a racist, vote Corino.

Just pushed Steve Corino up by 1 vote.

In my opinion, Mike Awesome was a good big man wrestler and he was truly fun to watch. However, Steve Corino was better. Corino is the technical athlete to watch, and he was a tremendous heel. I've been a fan of Steve Corino since I've known of the guy.

Unfortunately, I've truly only seen him in ECW, but thats where he proved to me he was a great Wrestler. Some of the best matches (technical) from ECW, came at the hands of Steve Corino. And it was Corino, who helped random nobodies look like 4 and 5 star athletes. He deserves to be in. Especially over a one hit wonder drunk, and a big man that isn't even in the top 5 of his 'kind'.

Sandman is shit, so he's out of my thoughts immediately. That leaves Corino and Awesome. I think Corino may have put on better matches, but Awesome was still pretty impressive. If this was the tournament itself, I'd look into this much deeper, but the argument here is for who gets in. Awesome is going to beat or at least have a chance of beating a lot more people than Steve Corino I'm afraid, and for that reason, I'm going with him.

Easily Mike awesome, he had some amazing matches.

Don't know much about corino and Sandman is only good with a kendo stick in his hand, even then thats pushing it.

For anyone that is voting for Corino. This tournament is about who would beat the other person. Not make a 5 star match. While Corino may have technical skill, that means shit when an Awesome Splash hits you. Vote Awesome, Be Awesome.

Awsome shades this to me. His WCW time nearly brought his charge to an end. I just watched him vs. Tanaka from ONS 05' and that was too Awesome (aren't I clever) to pass up on. Corino would've taken it but Awesome was pretty full steam ahead because of his ECW time. Sandman is...The Sandman, nothing more to be said.

I'm going with Steve Corino here. Not only did he had one of the best hardcore gimmick, But Steve Corino also put on some of the best hardcore matches ever. They should've book him better in ECW but he still used to always put his heart and soul in every match.

Got to go with the Sandman, but with minor convictions. The Sandman was the face of ECW during the year's it had picked up steam and during it's prime, he was to ECW what the Undertaker currently is to WWE. The Sandman was the cornerstone of the company, the longest enduring and most beloved character in the promotion.

Part of my wanted to go with Mike Awesome because he was soooo talented in the ring and was a monster during his time in ECW, but I think his WCW stint may have killed whatever legacy he was building.

Steve Corino to make Shadowmancer happy. I just want to see what kind of argument he's going to pull out to defend him.

I like Mike Awesome, and his matches with Masato are legendary.

Sandman is Sandman, and by that, I mean shit.

Corino needs some revenge for losing to Awesome last. He has a lot of supporters and a mustasche.

Jeez, really scraping the bottom of the barrel with this group. Sandman is shit. Always was shit, always will be shit in my opinion. Also, in my opinion, he's vastly overrated shit.

Steve Corino is very much a darling of the independent scene, had decent runs with the NWA and ECW Championships. ECW was on its last legs at the time and the NWA strap didn't really mean squat at that time. However, he's a pretty good wrestler overall.

Mike Awesome...I absolutely hated this guy. I feel he's another overrated musclehead that had a great look about him and could powerbomb much smaller men through tables with authority. He did hold the ECW World Heavyweight Championship for over 6 months total, but I just never got into the guy.

While I think Awesome would probably go further in the tournament, I can't make myself vote for him. I think Corino's a much better overall wrestler than Awesome ever was, though I do know he's probably not going to go far. Still, he's still head and shoulders above these two turds in my view.

Reactions: gd
I have never cared about any of these three guys, never will. Mike Awesome brought something different to ECW... size. He was a monster over there. The guy was big, athletic and dominant. Could have went with Corino, but I think Awesome had the bigger impact on ECW.

As an ECW fan, it pains me to have to pick. But being objective as this is the 'best of the best,' it simply HAS to be Steve Corino. Mike Awesome was hardly significant as a worker, and is better known for the controversy he created. And Sandman, from a wrestling perspective, really earned his WCW name, 'Hardcore Hak.'

Steve Corino is a phenomenal worker, and has the versatility to work with nearly anyone in the business. He is quite simply the greatest wrestler to never 'make it.'

Reactions: gd
I'm backing Steve Corino in this one, because there really simply shouldn't be another option. Sandman doesn't stand a chance in a straightup matchup when you can't use a weapon as well his wrestling skills suck big time. So with that piece of trash eliminated, it leaves us with Mike Awesome and my man Corino. Neither of them are nothing special, and none of them really interest me much but Steve is the one who stands the best chance in a normal, one on one matchup. Awesome's career has been plagued by awful gimmicks and really, he wouldn't be able to do much damage against anyone. Corino on the other hand has heart, and is that type that can fight through a bunch of shit. So because of his much superior technical skills, Steve gets my vote.

I picked Mike Awesome. He wrestled for all three major companies. He was the ECW champion when he left ECW for WCW and made a more significant impact than the other three. That's why I picked Mike Awesome.

While the Sandman is one of my all time favorites, I voted for Steve Corino. Sandman was entertaining, but let's face it, he wasn't exactly the most skilled worker. Corino, on the other hand, continues to be a tremendous talent. Corino has better all around skills than most guys who have had good runs in the tournament in years past.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back