The Dragon Ball Z Thread

I just thought that Vegito had destroyed one side of his body and he was just trying to regenerate but because one was immortal and the other wasn't, he couldn't fully regenerate. We see in the preview Vegito holding Merged Zamasu down and blasting that side of his body and then jumping back.

Idk, you're probably right.

I just thought that Vegito had destroyed one side of his body and he was just trying to regenerate but because one was immortal and the other wasn't, he couldn't fully regenerate. We see in the preview Vegito holding Merged Zamasu down and blasting that side of his body and then jumping back.

Idk, you're probably right.

Zamasu is already half purple when Vegito is holding him down in the preview, although to your point, Goku does say in the preview that their attacks were having an affect on Zamasu, perhaps even physically.

I would much rather it be the literal demonising of Zamasu than another regeneration.

Ok. Lets talk about DBS episode 66. This episode seems to be getting a ton of mix bagged reviews and upon first watching it, I can really understand. There is a lot of questionable writing and even a very specific retcon that is driving people up the wall. Lets start from the beginning.

Goku's Kamehameha wave being able to push back Zamasu's attack and even inflict a degree of damage on him. I don't really have much of an issue with this because its Goku. Goku has come back with odds defying feats before to over come foes in the past. The issue people seem to have is how Goku was able to do this while Trunks and Vegeta's father-Son Galick Gun virtually had zero impact on merged Zamasu. Its all minor from me but I get peoples grip. But moving on....

After that fails we get Vegito. Now, the big retcon I was referring to earlier is the rules of the Potara fusion time limit. Goku inquires to Gowasu about the permanent aspects of the Potara fusion asking why if that were true, why they unfused last time. Gowasu explains that for non Kaio-shin; the fusion has a time limit of 1 hour. It seems a lot of people have a major issue with this. I as well had my own problems with it. Obviously they threw this in as a plot means to give Goku and Vegeta a reason to defuse again but also as a reason to get Trunks involved(more on that later). Upon further reflection though it does fill in a previous plot hole from the Buu Saga. When Goku and Vegeta defused inside Buu, it was never explain why that was. Most people assumed that Vegito defused after he dropped the barrier due to the mystical types of energy from the innards of Buu. It made a bit of sense but it was the only type of explination we had because Toriyama never gave us with one so we had to form our on conclusions. So now we have an answer ands rather eh to me. Personally I like the fan theory better.

I don't have so much of a problem with it now but it still seems like sloppy writing. My second issue I have with Vegito was his very brief time shown. They hyped it up big last week and made it seem like EP 66 was going to be purely a Vegito centered episode. He was in there for what, 5 min? That really pissed me off. Then they tried to play it off that oh, Vegito was simply far too powerful and exhausted all of his energy to maintain the fusion. Similar to Gotenks SSJ3 and SSJ4 Gogeta. It makes sense for those characters because Gotenks and Gogeta are born from a different kind of fusion that has a set time limit. So it makes more sense that the higher levels of power they are using might have an effect on their fusion time limit. That I can swallow. But for a fusion that was, up until today said to be permanent? No, I don't buy that. Potara fusion is a completely different type of fusion than the fusion dance. Power usage shouldn't have an effect on its time limit. If that's the case why hasn't Merged Zamasu suffered similar consequences? The fusion was between a Kaio-shin and a mortal. But I guess merged Zamasu suffered in a different way. I don't know. Okay so you want to retcon the Potara fusion and give it a time limit, sure, okay, whatever. Now you want to tell me a supposed permanent fusion not only has a time limit but certain power constraints as well? Get the F out of here. That is Bull and I hate it. Fusion dance, yes, it makes sense but for the Potara fusion? I don't buy it. Anyway....

This leads us to Trunks. The fuck was that? I HAVE SO MANY QUESTIONS! Look, okay, look. I actually really liked the fact that Trunks was the one to get the kill strike on Zamasu. Brings his whole arc full circle. But you couldn't have saved that for the next episode and gave us a bit more Vegito vs Zamasu?? Ugh, whatever. So Trunks was able to use his KI to make shift some sort of energy sword from his broken sword. That's actually pretty cool, I have no issue with this. THEN HOWEVER, Trunks some how manages to gather the energy from what, 30 people, including Goku and Vegeta to from a Spirit Bomb?? Was that a Spirit Bomb because it sure as hell looked liked one. So hes able to take that energy(you know, the energy of what I'm assume is roughly 30 odd people) and form an even greater and larger spirit sword and he then proceeds to slice merged Zamasu in two, right down the middle. It was definitely a cool shot, don't get me wrong. But none of it makes sense! How is Trunks able to stand up to Zamasu and deal a finishing blow when Goku and Vegeta at SSB couldn't do a hell of a lot against him? Even as Vegito, a Final Kamehameha wasn't even enough. Now I'm suppose to believe that Trunks, as a regular Super Saiyan, with his powered up spirit sword of 30 people can cut through Zamasu? I don't know guys. Maybe Zamasu was just profoundly weakened at this point or maybe Trunks is strongest of all! to me however, it all seems hard to buy and even anti climactic in a way.

I mean, I enjoyed the episode. Some very well animated action sequences, albeit, brief. Some very good key character moments but some very questionable writing really made the closing of an otherwise fantastic arc rather uninspired and messy.

Judging from next weeks preview. Next weeks episode will be the finale of this arc and things will be wrapping up concluding the future Trunks arc. I'll be doing a full arc review in the coming weeks expressing my likes and dislikes. Stay tuned!

I feel like an excellent story has been let down by scheduling.

The whole thing was a bit rushed, but in a way it makes some sense due to the problem caused by the sheer increases in power that fusion provides. Even fighting as a group, Vegeta, Goku and Trunks were really no match for Zamasu Black, while even mutated Zamasu Black should have been no match for Vegito.

Still though, we should not have seen the mutation of Zamasu and the arrival of Vegito in the same episode. Either have Zamasu start to mutate after failing to overcome the Saiyans in a power battle and then nearly overwhelm them in physical fighting, leading to the need for Vegito. Or have Zamasu's mutation be as a result of the beating he is getting from Vegito. Just stretch it out a little.

I did not need the ret-conning of Potara. Have Zeno, Shenron or Porunga defuse them. Or forget the Potarra and have Goku teach Vegeta the fusion dance, while Trunks attempts to hold off Zamasu. That would have been another way to stretch things out a little more.

As a lot of episodes in Super has done, episode 66 has divided the community. For me, it was a fantastic episode. Let me tell you why.

First is the cosmetic things that all DB fans love and want. The animation was excellent, the music was on point, and for the first time ever, the fighting was so good and fast that we could barely keep up. It was epic, just like it should've been. Also, that voice acting was amazing. When Zamasu yelled, "Son Goku!!!!!!", And when he screamed "Trunks!!!!!!" It was just awesome. I hope Funimation does as good a job.

That was the cosmetics. Now let's talk story. Look, I didn't have a problem at all with the information that the Potara are not permanent on mortals. It better explains why Vegito unfused in the Buu Saga and, for me, it's easy to buy that Old Kai didn't know about that because the regular Supreme Kai didn't even know that the Potara fused people to begin with. So that shows that the Kais aren't all knowing etc etc. They could've been more specific. Like, does it have to be two Kai's or is just one Kai ok? I assume one Kai is all it takes because Zamasu stayed fused and Old Kai is still fused to that witch thing. Also, I loved that Trunks got the kill. Do I think Vegito's appearance could've been longer? Yes, but it was still epic nonetheless.

Ok, on to what I didn't like. I do have a problem with Trunks doing the Spirit Bomb/Sword thing. I accepted that he could learn the Mafuba in just a few minutes because he is a hybrid and manipulating and imitating ki attacks is what they do. The Spirit Bomb is different, though. To the best of my knowledge he's never seen it and it takes King Kai to teach it. So what the hell? That was bad. They should've came up with another way for him to beat Zamasu. Have him finally go SSB. He's close. So have him finally get it, transform, and finish the weakened Zamasu off. I don't have a problem with the whole, "Trunks shouldn't be strong enough to beat him if Goku and Vegeta couldn't". Trunks, in his new form, showed plenty of times that he was on their level, then add the energy he collected from everyone, including Goku and Vegeta, and it's not so hard to accept. The energy gathering thing just never should've happened in the first place.

Overall, it was a good and entertaining episode. Was it perfect? Hell no. Could it have been better? Hell yes. Did I like it though, yes because last minute ass pulls and power ups is what Dragon Ball has always been. People just choose to look at the past series with rose colored nostalgia glasses and forget that they've always done this stuff and I expect no different from Super.

It was a serviceable/good ending to an otherwise excellent and wonderful arc. The best arc of Super far and away.

Where do we go from here though?

There was nothing I didn't really like and even if the Potara retcon irked me a little, somewhat neutralising them works well for the future, removing them as a crutch.

Trunks defeating Zamasu isn't a massive problem either. He has already shown that he has access to something approaching God ki and that could be claimed as being connected to the abilities behind the Spirit Bomb. Also the combination of Trunks' pseudo-God ki/hybrid rage and the power of Vegeta and Goku could easily be argued to be enough to overwhelm what was left of Zamasu Black, especially after it had been established that the mutation was undermining him and Vegito had given him a good beating.

There was just soooo much - Zamasu's mutation out of nowhere and explanation, his full embracing of that transformation, the arrival of Vegito, his going SSB, the fight between Zamasu and Vegito, Vegito reusing his light sword, the reveal to Zamasu that he was imperfect, Zamasu increasingly losing it and starting to look even more demonic, the defusion, Trunks forming his Sword of Light, unlocking whatever faux Spirit Bomb he used and the groin-splitting of Zamasu.

Just too much, too quickly. We could have fleshed out so much more - Demon Zamasu could have been so good (actually, I am not sure he is gone yet... And DB villains rarely stay dead).

As for what is next, how about Goku, Vegeta, Trunks, Beerus and Whis vs the Omni King and his underlings?

Zeno is pissed at the time travelling mess and decides to destroy the universe?

After a few days to reflect, I think I'm fine with the Potara retcon. Its not really a big deal as it does give us a definitive answer to why Vegito defused inside of Buu. Its just one of those things because for 20 years we've been told it was permanent. It was the status quo for 20 years and then it just, changed. Its kind of hard to come to terms with a 20 year standard that's no longer true. I've realized the the series has a whole is full of retcons. a lot of them changed the series drastically. Goku revealed to be a Saiyan was a big one. A few I still don't like( DB minus and Beeurs telling Frieza to destroy Planet Vegeta) but in the end this one isn't really big enough to really warrant the amount of backlash it's receiving. Still don't like them defusing after 5 min though.

But yeah, I agree, they shoved way too much into a single episode. there was at least 3 episodes worth if contend in 66. The episode should have ended with Vegito seemingly standing tall over Merged Zamasu. They fight over the course of the majority of the next episode and defuse near the end. Leaving off the with cliffhanger as Trunks gets involved. Then the next episode Trunks finishes off Zamasu. I would have been happy if things went more so this way instead of the crammed episode that we got.

I really did enjoy the episode, it was full of great animation, great fights, great character moments. There was lots to love. Some of the writing though, especially near the end had me scratching my head. I don't understand how Trunks can get his ass handed to him by Base Goku Black to being able to hold off merged Zamasu. You could argue he trained with Vegeta. Sure okay, but they didn't train for more than a day or two. Zenkai Boost? Okay, yes but that's enough to put him on par with God Goku and Vegeta?? Then that rage transformation(which we know absolutely nothing about)? If they come out and explain what it is and its power efficiency then there could be an explanation in that. However, as it stands at the current moment, we have none so I can't fallback on it as any sort of clarification on Trunk's mysterious power boosts. Plus the whole Spirit Bomb still bugs me. If that was a Spirit Bomb or some kind of variation of the move, how does he know it? He's never seen it and has no training on it. Does he instinctively know how to use an attack like that?? I find that hard to believe. But man, did it ever look cool though.

I had another idea for a future villain - various heroes suddenly turn evil.

It is discovered that they have all been infected by a disease, with that disease eventually revealed as being the immortal remains of Zamasu.

Perhaps something of a rehash of GT's Baby though, although I liked it.

I'll let Toei and Toriyama come up with cool villains, but damn it, it's high time we see Beerus and Whis pissed off and really fighting.

Like have a new villain running roughshod through the Universe. Goku and Vegeta are beaten. Beerus, curious about anyone that can beat those two, challenges and does great, but ultimately loses. Right as the villain is about to kill Beerus, Whis steps in, "We'll have none of that", he says and the fight is on.

It's time we see the full extent of their powers.

Барбоса;5608591 said:
I had another idea for a future villain - various heroes suddenly turn evil.

It is discovered that they have all been infected by a disease, with that disease eventually revealed as being the immortal remains of Zamasu.

Perhaps something of a rehash of GT's Baby though, although I liked it.

Wasn't that the Garlic Jr Saga?

Wasn't that the Garlic Jr Saga?

Yeah, but the Black Water Mist wasn't like an individual like Baby or my proposed "Zamasu Virus" who then control the infected.

Zamasu the Immortal Demon God as a sentient Black Water Mist...

Super could go really dark with a Zamasu Virus, with a lot of the bit part characters like say Yamcha, Krillin or even Piccolo going mental, attacking others and potentially forcing other Z Fighters to incapacitate or even them. It could easily be that Zamasu Virus gives the infected a substantial power boost making them more dangerous.

You could potentially have a scene where Zamasu Piccolo is about to kill Goten and Chi Chi or Pan and Videl, forcing Gohan to destroy him...

Lenguy's Future Trunks Review Part 1​

SPOILER WARNING

Alright guys, it's time. The time has come for my future Trunks arc review of Dragon Ball Super. Let me quickly say that I think this arc is not only is the best thing about Super(so far) but is also easily one of the best things about the entire DB franchise to date. I absolutely enjoyed this arc a great deal. There was a lot to love but there was also a lot that made me displaced. In this review I'll attempt to go over the positives and maybe shed some light on a bit of the negatives. There is a great deal to discuss here so I think what I'll do is divide my review into two parts. That way you aren't stuck reading a giant wall of text. Part one will cover the first 10 episodes or so and part two the final 10 or so. That being said lets get right into this.

This arc begins some time in the future. Earth is in ruin and the population all seemingly eradicated. In vital haste, we see a figure running and running in urgency. Its Trunks! Trunks is on the run; But on the run from who? Now you can instantly tell from the surroundings, the art and setting that the tone of the arc is unsettling. Its dark, gloomy and very moody. There's is a very ominous presence lurking in the shadows. This does a very good job at telling the audience that you're in for something different and immediately it gets your senses geared up, preparing you for the ride that's to come. Anyway, Trunks seems to be in dire needs to make it some where. His venture eventually leads to a familiar scene; a broken down and ruined Capsual Corp. Inside Trunks is reunited with his mother(Future Bulma). Bulma is preparing some kind of substance which we find out is for the time machine. The goal is to head back in time and find aid in his former allies of a older time line. Unfortunately the reunion is brought to a quick end as this mysterious shadowy villain that Trunks has been escaping from has tracked him down. If anything is an indication to let you know of the tone shift here it's the following scene. Bulma in a desperate plea to her son to escape is cut down by the mysterious figure. The first episode of this arc brings us the end of future Bulma. A very bold move right out the gate. It came as a shock to me but damn was it a great way to not only get you sympathetic for Trunks but also garner emotions of hate for this new bady, who we eventually learn is a Goku look alike. Which makes the act even more horrifying. To think, Goku, the great hero of DB could bring himself to end the life of his earliest and longest friend. Man, a great way to kick this arc off.

Black and Trunks then go on to have a tiny skirmish. It was short but it was pretty solid animation. Trunks gets a broken arm and nearly loses his life in this fight. Clearly outmatched the only way Trunks can survive is to escape; which he does. Trunks eventually makes it to the time machine and goes back to the past. Arriving in the past Trunks is greeted by everybody with great concern. After waking up the first thing he does is he lunges at Goku. It was a great cliffhanger for that episode. You obviously know why Trunks did that but even so it left you wanting to see the results. After Trunks snaps out of it he fills the gang in on what's going on and naturally they are shocked to find out somebody out there with Goku's face is going around reeking havoc. Goku, curious to know where he stacks up challenges Trunks to a little sparring match. Its here we learn that Trunks has the ability to transform into a Super Saiyan 2, which was nice. I would have been upset if he hadn't at least accomplished that much. However, his power isn't enough as we see Goku demonstrate his Super Saiyan 3 form. I believe he did this for one reason. To show Trunks there are higher powers that he can strive for and to motivate him to reach higher. Just as friends are starting to get comfortable the sky gets cloudy and lighting and thunder start roaring! Goku Black appears in an opening in the sky!

Here we get the first interactions between Goku Black and the rest of the Z fighters. As he surveys the scene he seems a bit surprised to see Goku, Vegeta and the God of Destruction Beerus. Black puts the pieces together and figure out that Trunks had actually gone back in time. It builds more mystery surrounding Black to see he has that kind of reaction towards them and the mystery builds even further once Goku and Black begin to throw fists. Whis comments to Beerus to take a look at one of his hands. Goku Black is wearing a ring, a time ring. What is a mortal doing with a ring that can manipulate time? More on that later. Goku being Goku can't wait to get a piece of Black. I'm not sure what was going through Goku's mind but I don't think he really cared that Goku Black looked exactly like him. He was told he was powerful and that was enough to stimulate his Saiyan Blood. Just before the fight gets going, Black makes a comment. "I Too, wished to fight you in this body." What an unusual thing to say. Once we hear that its made clear that who ever this is, he was not Goku. But, he does seem to take on the traits of a Saiyan. He seems to get a rush from fighting people and more so it seems Black enjoys pain. The more pain he's in the stronger he gets, again, another Saiyan trait. Black, however seems to enjoy it in an almost twisted way which injects a kind of sinister creepiness to him; which I think is great. The following fight that takes place is brief but I think it's personally one of the best fights in this arc. The fight had some solid animations, decent choreography and great character interactions. Black easily has one of the best villain smirks in the series and my god, praise to Masako Nozawa. I still don't really care for her Goku Voice but does she absolutely nails Goku Black. Her Goku Black is eerie, sinister, menacing and yet full of composure, elegant and articulate all in one. She knocks it out of the park and is probably one of the reasons why I think Goku Black is such a hit among myself and fans alike.

The fight seems fairly even though but both are stated to be holding back. The more Black takes hits the stronger he seems to be getting, almost like the body he's currently occupying is beginning to unravel its mysteries and thus Black is able to progress at an alarming rate. Though, the more power Black seems to exert the more the time rift pulls back on him. Not too long after he is pulled back into the time distorted bubble but not before managing to destroy the time machine. Goku Black finds his way back in the future, beaten, sore but strangely invigorated by his encounter with Goku. Thinking that by destroying the time machine, Goku Black figures he's seen the last of Trunks. Rid of Trunks there is nobody left standing in his way of human extinction and now hes free to carry out his plan without any resistance.

Meanwhile, back in the past Beerus seems to figure he knows the identity of Goku Black. So He, Whis and Goku head off to Universe 10 to met their version of Kaioshin, Gowasu and his apprentice Zamasu. This is our first look at Zamasu. He is a prodigy when it comes to fighting and proves that he far exceeds Universe's 7 Supreme Kai. He's able to show some skill fighting against Super Saiyan 2 Goku but is eventually overwhelmed by the Sheer power Goku possesses. We also learn of a darker side to Zamasu. Zamasu seems to exhibit a very strong disgust towards mortals. He views mortals as nothing more than war faring barbarians that do nothing but fight with each other and destroy. Zamasu acts and speaks very much like Black which furthers a connection between the two. Zamasu's hate seems to reach a breaking point when seeing the overwhelming strength of Son Goku. Perplexed that a mere mortal can have strength that rivals even the Gods is troubling to him. He fears that with this kind of strength, mortals could do unspeakable harm. It's at this pivotal moment that Zamau's crusade begins to take shape and the Zero Mortals plan takes seed. Gowasu does what he can to try and persuade Zamasu that not all mortals are harmful reckless beings. The duty of the Gods is to watch over mortals and monitor them and only intervene when absolutely necessary. However, Zamasu's vision has already rotted his judgement and is far too gone at this point.

I like Zamasu. Unlike most villains we see, he actually has a motive and rational that drives him to act upon his own desires. He has this warpped sense of justice that propels him forward. Zamasu truly believes that what he is doing is right, is justice. The more along he goes the deeper when see how complex his mentality has gone. He not only believes the universe would be better without mortals but that the Gods themselves have failed in their duties and are no longer worthy of being Gods. Slowly we see him go from wanting to kill all mortals to having is own God complex; that he, Zamasu is the one true supreme God. We normally don't get this kind of depth with Villains. Most are just written to be evil because it serves the plot better if they are evil. Baby is the only other villain I can think of that actual has reason to do the things he does. He wanted to wipe out the Saiyans for destroying his planet and killing his people. Which is perfectly justified I think. Zamasu is similar in a way that he believes is justification is divine providence that must be executed by his hands to purify and preserve the beauty of the universe. Its fantastic writing and I absolutely love the slowly transitioning Zamasu from wanting Justice for the Gods to corrupt mentally unstable monster. It's fantastic all around.

Now we get to Goku Black, we so find out he is just Zamasu in the stolen body of future Goku. While he is technically the same Zamasu I do believe that their personality while similar are different. The Zamasu in Goku's body doesn't care about immortality, he wants power. While being inside Goku's body for so long he begins to take on the traits of a Saiyan. He slowly desires more power, he seems to get thrill and pleasure from fighting Goku and the rest. He desires to further develop his power. He seems to figure out that pain makes the Saiyan's stronger and every time he takes a beating he just gets up with a grin on his face and laughs it off like he knows it will lead to more power. He then realizes that another key trait to Saiyan strength is their rage. Seeing Goku, Vegeta and Trunks rage and further their power, Black realizes the same would apply to him. He tells Vegeta that he can improve his powers as well. He goes on to tell Vegeta that he too is angry. Angry at the mortals who disrespect the universe, anger at the Gods who overlooked that disrespect. On top of all that, anger at himself for being so powerless that he was trounced by a mere mortal. While I do like Zamasu, I can't help but feel like Goku Black is more satisfying to watch because of the furthered tangled, interwoven and volatile emotions he causes himself. He seems to slowly fall deep into insanity and I think its because he chose to be in the body of a mortal. It directly contradict's his vision. Wiping out all mortals but needed a mortal body to get the job done.

We get a few slice of life moments here. We get a great training scene where Vegeta shows Trunks just exactly how far behind he is. Vegeta shows off the SSB form to Trunks for the first time and its pretty great. The shining moment though is Trunks and Gohan's reunion. Trunks can hardly believe that this was the same Gohan that defeated Cell all those years prior. But we get a very emotional moment once Trunks leaves. As he starts to break down he looks over the city and he's remind of just exactly what hes fighting for. Its a powerful scene of reflection that underlines one of future Trunk's traits; He's a fighter. Trunks will stop at nothing to bring peace back to his world, no matter how hard. I should also bring up the scene where Trunks tells the gang of how he dealt with Majin Buu in his time line. Great that they explained this as I'm sure most of us were wonder. We also learn through this that the Kai's and God's of Destruction are connect and can't exist without each other. That's cool I guess but now it just seems like a claring weakness for Beerus and makes me wonder if this will play a role in some kind of future arc. Oh and Whis is an Angel, I guess.

So here we are. The time has finally arrived. Perpetration's have been met and the time machine have been repaired and the time has come to head to the future and confront Goku Black! Enter Super Saiyan Rose in part two of my Future Trunks arc review. Now things really start to get really good.

Lenguy's Future Trunks Arc Review Part 2.

SPOILER WARNING!​

Trunks, Goku and Vegeta have arrived in the future and things still look bleak. Before the gang head off in search of Black, Trunks needs to make sure everybody is doing fine. We learn a few things in the scene. For one we learn that Mai he we thought kicked the bucket a few episodes ago is in fact not dead. Number two, Yajirobe is also still alive in this time line. We were under the assumption that he perished along with the rest of the Z-fighters when the Androids attacked. Here we learn that Korin had given him the last Senzu bean so he could survive. Which is cool but I mean of all people Yajirobe? Whatever, I guess they needed somebody for comic relief. Also Vegeta has a heart! Vegeta seems to show affection towards the remaining survivors and encourages them to not give up. We don't normally see this side of Vegeta. We like to think that he's the mighty proud stuck up Saiyan Prince who cares for nobody but himself. Over the years how ever that solid exterior has cracked and we get to see more and more of the affectionate side of the Saiyan Prince. I keep saying this to people but Vegeta has the most character development throughout the entire franchise. It was a treat to watch him develop throughout Z and its good to see that trend continue in Super. I love that Vegeta is becoming more and more like an Earthling every passing day. Its moments like this that has had Vegeta swiftly climbs to the top of my favorite character list. Z did a marvelous job to develop his character while Super takes it a step further to flesh it out entirely.

Once the people are taken care of its time to take off and search for Black. Black a bit taken back when seeing Trunks and the gang ponders how he could have come back after destroying the time machine. Vegeta however gives zero fucks and straight into Super Saiyan Blue he goes. The amount of fucks Vegeta gave earlier is only matched but the sheer amount of fucks Goku Black seems to give upon seeing SSB. Its like Trunks said, its as if he's seen it somewhere before. Vegeta then charges at Black pushing him back and laying into Back with a series of strikes and Black just sits back and takes them all. Full on strikes from SSB Vegeta all all Black does is smile at him and dust himself off; what a beast. Its inconceivable to think Black progressed that much since fighting Goku a few episodes prior. So much so that taking full powered attacks from Vegeta at SSB in his base hardly so much as puts a scratch on him; again, what beast. Black then tells Vegeta that for progressing so much as a mortal he'll show him something as a reward. This is where we see Goku Black power up to Super Saiyan Rose. Great scene the way the the surroundings turn a dark purple, the earth shakes and lightning strikes all around and and how about the music guys?? If there is one thing this arc needs to be praised for its definitely the OST. It was on point during this entire arc and it made this transformation scene that much more intense. As for the form itself, I like it. Pink was not the color most were expecting but I think the color goes good with villains. Worked for Buu so why not Goku Black? The aura itself gives off a sinister vibe and looks really well animated every time. Its not entirely clear if SSR is a variation on Super Saiyan or Super Saiyan God. I and most people think its just regular Super Saiyan and if that's true then my god is Black OP. To compete with SSB at a Super Saiyan level is ridiculous.

Vegeta and Black then go for round two and Vegeta manages to get some shots in but Black doesn't care and he strikes him down in an instant and stabs him right through the chest. That's pretty brutal. It's here we get to see Goku Black demonstrate his Ki blade that he and Zamasu seem so fondly of using. We don't get to see very many people use their Ki in such a way but every time somebody does I love it. Goku is up next and he's down as quickly as Vegeta. The Power of SSR seems to be far above the power of SSR which is unreal. Just as Black is about to finish the job a voice appears from the heavens and Zamasu descends from the sky! Wait, what?? But I thought Black was Zamasu?? What's going on! I gotta say this reveal was a giant mind fuck in the community. Everybody and their mothers scrambled to find new answers and put together new theories. It was one of those great moments where we think we have all the answers and then they pull a swerve like this on us. Of course we do eventually find out that Black is Zamasu but I'll talk about that later. Also a great cliff hanger to leave us on. Back to the action!

Episode 57 in my opinion was one of the best episodes in the entire arc. The action was phenomenal, the music was fantastic and the animation was on a different level. You know the scene I'm talking about. That one minute scene with Goku, Trunks, Goku Black and Zamasu was incredible. The pacing, the camera angles, the fluidity was just insane. It really captures the essence of DB with the quick action and movements. The one little scene was done by a made named Naotoshi Shida. I'm not familiar with his work but damn he's great. We don't see him again until the Vegito/Zamasu fight in 66. Still, great work over all.

Now, lets quickly talk about power scaling here. Its a mess, plain and simple. I can understand Goku at SSB going toe to toe with Black and Zamasu. That I can believe but how does Trunks come in and just not get instantly KO'D by Black?? I can understand Zamasu since he's not that strong at all but man, its just strange. Anyway, Trunks goes after Zamasu and gets a strike in with his sword but here we learn Zamasu has attained an immortal body. Still though, immortal or not, that's still got to hurt him right? Oh and apparently Trunks can do the Final Flash.....and the Galick Gun....and the Spirit Bomb because, ass pulls. Bleh, ok fine. Final Flash and Galick gun I'm okay with but the Spirit Bomb is another story. Whatever. Anyway, Black and Zamasu eventually do get the better of Trunks and Goku here and Black hits them with his version of the Kamehameha. Both are down and just when things are about to come to an end, good guy Vegeta comes in with the save! With the help of Mai and Yajirobe they manage to escape back to the past to come up with some kind of strategy.

So they head back to the past to work some things out. A few things of note happen. We learn of how Zamasu learned of Goku and Vegeta's SSB form. We get a nice scene where we see present Trunks motivate Future Trunks. Which was great. To see his child self talk to him in such a way really gave Trunks the kick he needed to get back into the game. After we see Beerus, Whis and Goku head over to universe 10 to confront Zamasu. However, they lack any real proof to convict him of any crime since the Zamasu of this time line hasn't do anything yet. Beerus and Whis do however sense the intent to kill off Zamasu and decide to leave and observe from a distance to see what Zamasu's real intent is. As expected he does strike down Gowasu but almost immediately after Whis reverses time and uses an oven mitt to stop his attack.

Okay, a couple things here. This oven mitt Whis uses. Is it suppose to be made out of some unbreakable material that Zamasu's KI blade couldn't cut through it? Does it some how nullify his KI? Also why didn't Zamasu sheath his KI sword instead of leaving it active?? Did this oven mitt somehow have something to do with that?? I'm not sure. That's really peculiar writing I thought. Anyway, so they head back and inform Gowasu of Zamasu's plans. Zamasu surprised that they know of all this when it hasn't happen insists that he can't fall if he is to succeed in his ambitions. He lunges at Goku but Beerus with cat like reflexes(Sorry for the terrible pun) gets in the way and stops his attack. The scene that follows was bone chilling. Beerus grabs Zamasu's hands, twists in and tells him not to get cocky. The two have a brief stare down before Beerus simply says "Destruction" and Zamasu proceeds to disintegrate into nothing and is gone from this world. This was such a great scene guys the music was on point and Seeing Beerus in destruction mode again was awesome. He's been so chill over these past couple arcs but its great to be remind that the dude is a God of destruction and can easily annihilate most people at a moments notice. Great stuff.

Beerus is confident that that Zamasu has been destroyed then the future should have been repaired but Trunks has is doubts. Rightfully so as his time line did not fix its course once Cell and the Androids of this time line were defeated. The only way to know for sure is to go back and check, right? Sure enough they head back and nothing had changed at all. Black and Zamasu were still around waiting for they're return. Vegeta and Black clash for a moment before Goku informs them that they had their plan figured out; to create an immortal body for Zamasu and a fake Son Goku. Black Says he has it all wrong. He tells Goku that they body is the true Goku but that the heart that beats within belongs to Zamasu. He then informs to Goku that after they had switched bodies he had killed the other Goku with these hands.

Now, for much of the community this confirmed basically what a lot of us had already seen coming; that Black was indeed Zamasu. I too had this in mind but I was holding out for a different take and I guess I was slightly let down by the reveal as it seemed far too predictable. But it is DB and predictable is the usual route Toriyama likes to take so I guess story wise it did make sense. Its meh, whatever I just felt like it would have been better if Goku Black was his own villain you know? Now, that leaves a lot of questions needing to be answered. Mostly having to do with time lines. Which had a lot of convoluted exposition that was often confusing. The time rings, the time traveling, the alternate time lines. It could be some what confusing at times and I've seen many video's on Youtube where people do their best to explain it. So instead of posting some of these videos I found this little diagram that I think does a fair job explaining it. It was released by Toei so it's official.
latest

The following episode I thought was another highlight. We get some solid action and some great character moments. We see great dynamic between Black and Zamasu. I think the reason why our heros struggle with them is because they fight as individual's. Goku Black and Zamasu are the same person so its natural to think they would have steller team work. They combine Ki waves and attack with strategic timing and know how to play those mind games too. They dominate because they work together where as Goku and especially Vegeta are too proud to work with each other and it proves to cost them more than a few times. The highlight of the episode though was Black and Zamasu revealing to Goku what had happened to his family. I thought this was a very dark scene. We don't get to see the violence but the action is implicated and is still very haunting. How terrified must Chi Chi and Goten had been to not understand what's going on and then to be cut down by the face of their beloved father/husband. People seem to think that Goku doesn't care about his family but this scene really brought out a rage in him that we haven't seen since Frieza Killed Krillin on Namek. Also that instant transmission back hand on Zamasu was pure gold. It doesn't last though as Goku eventually succumbs to Blacks Ki sword assault. Trunks tries to get involved but is swatted away like a fly. Black and Zamasu tell Trunks that one of the main reason they have engineered the zero mortal plan is because of Trunk's reckless efforts by traveling through time; they call Trunks a sinner.

Now I find this sort of a bit of a contradiction. In the beginning of thid arc When we are introduced to Black, he doesn't really seem to know who Trunk is; just that he's a Saiyan. Also Black doesn't seem to know that the device Trunk's used to escape was a time machine. He doesn't realize it until Trunk's mentions it. I like the idea that Trunk's a catalyst for Black and Zamasu's plans, calling him a sinner and everything because really, he is. But this is just another case of sloppy Toriyama inconsistencies. I mean its not a huge deal but it is something I did pick up on. Anyway, by the end of the episode we see Trunk get angry and as a result his rage brings out in him some kind of new transformation. Just what the hell is it? I'm still waiting for an explanation.

I'll try not to dive too much into this form mostly because of the serious lack of information behind it. Its like some kind of false SSB or some shit, I don't know. I like Trunks but I don't like how he gets these power boosts from nothing. Actually, its not even so much that, I don't like how these power boosts make him seem equal to or even more powerful than an SSB. That's a bit of a stretch for me. Goku badly injured and Vegeta at a lose on what to do. Trunks buys them some time to go back into the past to find a solution on how to defeat this duo. The fight that follows is rather forgettable and didn't really have the best animation. It didn't really do a good job to convey to me the value and strength to Trunk's new form. Sure he was able to put up a better fight but he still lost. The whole thing was kind of dull.

Back in the past Goku and Vegeta struggle with a means for an end. However, it seems Piccolo has a solution; The Mafuba. Piccolo seems to think the Mafuba is the trick they need to seal Zamasu and Black away. Goku goes off the learn the technique for master Roshi while Vegeta heads off back to the room of spirit and time for more training. Back in the future Trunks wakes up from being defeated by Black and Zamasu(weird how we never get to see that finish). Trunks concerned he doesn't see Mai around and finds out she's found Black and Zamasu's hide out and has went there to take them out. So yeah, apparently Black and Zamasu have some kind of headquarters in a cabin in the middle of the forest, what for? Who the fuck knows. Anyway, Mai has this secret bullet that was specially designed to take out inhuman like beings. She fies it and of course it does nothing. How crazy would it have been if it did kill Black though?? That's be quite the twist haha. Seriously though, Black and Zamasu aren't too pleased and they fire right off into the forest but Trunks Ex Machina makes the save! Then they go on to have a much better fight than the previous episode. Seeing Trunks firing a Galick Gun and hurling Black into a mountain side was great. Trunks fights Zamasu for a bit but of course he's immortal and he does nothing. Then he has the bright idea that he'll ax himself by blowing himself up. Like, Trunks, seriously, what part of immortality do you not get?? Blowing yourself up will do nothing but cause your own death. Before Trunks can pull the trigger, surprise! Black is still alive and stabs poor Trunks. Just before Trunks is about to bit the dust, Surprise! Vegeta, Goku and Bulma return Ex Machina. This arc has far too many plot conveniences for my liking. Oh, remember that Mafuba idea they had? Yeah, Goku left in the time machine and Black blew the time machine up. Good Job Goku. But good thing they brought along Bulma. If she weren't fixing time machines then she'd be pretty useless, right? Humor aside though, its great to see Bulma play a major role again. Not enough people give her enough credit but without her, the gang would be kind of screwed. Though, its a good thing Trunks is great at Jigsaw puzzles though, right guys!?

Vegeta gives Black a thrashing unlike we've never seen before and great short little scuffle. Its finally good to see our hero's starting to get the upper hand and turn the tides around. Even Goku seems to have found his footing again while fight Zamasu. We get this weird scene where Black creates some kind of scythe and creates some kind of divide in the sky that creates...fake Goku Blacks? I don't know, this whole scene was pointless and just a time waster to give Zamasu time to get to Trunks. I still don't know how he got away from Goku after all. Trunks has finished putting back together the Mafuba jar but Goku isn't around to perform the ritual. Its a good thing Bulma has the ritual tapped on her phone so Trunks can learn it in 5 minutes. Seriously, what's with Trunks just all of a sudden learning everything out of pure convenience?? The Final Flash, The Galick gun, The Mafuba and the spirit bomb?? Ugh. Anyway, we get a pretty comical since where Bulma tries to seduce Zamasu but of course Zamasu wants none of it. Its a good think Trunks has mastered the Mafuba ritual just in time! Trunks pulls off the ritual perfectly(somehow) and seals Zamasu away. But of course they don't have the actual seal to lock him away. It's still back in the past because Goku is an idiot. Zamasu breaks free and seems a bit shaken. Now afraid of this great new power these mortals have discovered he figures the only way to combat this new attack is to fuse. Black and Zamasu fused and merged Zamasu is born! This is where the arc begins to suffer.

I don't mean that as in it starts to get bad, no. It's just the pacing becomes really convoluted and rushed. They don't really give any time to flesh out the plot anymore at this point. The course of the closing 3 episodes seem incredibly crammed. They could have spread all the content in those episode's a litte bit out more. 66 especially is a mess, a wonderful amazing beautiful mess albeit, but still a mess. So Zamasu has joined with Black and he begins ravaging the land and dismantling our hero's. I like the fact that there is a lot of religious over tone here with Zamasu. The way he sees and refers to himself, the name of his attacks and just is overall new behavior he displays. We've never seen such a religious tone in DB before and with a villain, which is different but pretty bold. Our hero's have seemed to have met their match in this new supreme god. Goku and Vegeta find the strength to get in a powerful attack and shake Zamasu's composure if only for a moment before he manages to have them back on the ground. Trunks still holding on to his resolve baring a heavy responsibility refuses to give up and fires a Galick Gun and before long Vegeta joins in. Together they fire a forceful father son Galick gun and attempt to finally put an end to the supreme god. As it turns out it does nothing but irritate Zamasu. Zamasu then fires out an attack but good guy Vegeta steps in to take the blow for Trunks. Now these couple of scenes really bring Vegeta's character to the forefront on things. Joining in his son for a joined Galick Gun effort and then taking a death like dealing blow for his son. It shows up just how much he cares for his son. Enough that he's willing to die for him. I think its an iconic scene that will go down as one of the greats in DB.

I won't get into episode 66 too much as I made an entire post on that episode. I'll give it a quick rundown though. Goku inflicting damage to Zamasu and breaking out the Kaio-Ken was killer. Vegito was awesome but he was in their for such a brief time that it felt cheap and almost pointless. That Final Kamehameha was boss though. Trunks slicing Zamasu in two was cool and IMO the way to go. But the way he did it was the asspull of asspulls and really made no fucking sense no matter how cool it looked. Episode 66 had so much potential and while in a way it did deliver it just ended up being a giant mess that feels super rushed. 67 was similar. I liked the visual of Zamasu spreading across the sky and killing all the survivors and leaving the planet a barren wasteland. You really felt for Trunks and Mai. After all they went through to protect everybody, they still failed. Zamasu had won and its really rare for a villain to get the last laugh. Then when you remember that all the Dragon Balls of this time line have been erased it really hits home just how hopeless their situation is. Nobody is left, Trunks and Mai are the only ones left. Of course Zeno-sama gets involved and decides to just eradicate the entire time line. I find it strange how Zeno never got involved before. Surely he must have know that all the Gods have been destroyed and that races off all kinds were being brought to extinction. Its odd to me that he never got involved. Also they way the explain how they are gonna fix everything is confusing. So Whis is gonna go to a different time line, tell the Beerus of that time line to destroy Zamasu before Zamasu goes bat shit crazy and Trunks and Mai can live in that time line...with themselves? That's weird. Also wouldn't Whis's actions create yet another time ring? Eh, whatever, its a fine closure to the arc I guess. The real tears come as Trunks says his goodbyes. To Vegeta to Gohan, it all hit really strong and I think that was how it should have ended.

In Summary, I really enjoyed this arc. There was a lot to love. Black and Zamasu were compelling villains that had actual goals and motives. They carried and different weight to them than the typical cliche villains we see who are just evil to be evil. They were gripping and engaging enough that at times almost had me rooting for them. They did kind of drop the ball with merged Zamasu but I did like the physical representation of Zamasu's inner conflict brought to the surface. That was nice storytelling. There was some great and consistent animation throughout only made better from some great action sequences; Ep 57 and 66 are prime examples of some great animation. I loved the dark and moody tone of the future world. It made you get a sense at just how desperate things have become and how close to the brink they are. The OST was phenomenal this arc and really brought certain scenes to life in grand fashion. Great character moments that mostly involved Vegeta and Trunks. But unfortunately they were some story aspects that fell apart and or felt rushed. The time traveling was over done and the exposition behind it was often disorienting and exhausting. They last 3 episodes or so felt especially rushed as they tried to jam way to much content in these final episodes. They definitely could have handled the pacing a bit better. Also, this is random but why did we not see Goten until the final few episodes? I felt a huge missed opportunity to get some interactions between him and Future Trunks. Nice to also see Bulma play a significant role again and more importantly just give her something to do. When I did my Universe 6 arc review, I gave that arc a 9/10. I feel that might have been a bit generous. It was still fresh in my mind and I was still hyping over new content. While a good arc I'm going to retcon my score on that and downplay it from a 9 to a still very solid 8/10.

This arc however, I enjoyed significantly more. It gave us some of the best villains in the franchise, complimented by some great action and great story telling(For DB). so I'm going to award it a 9.4/10. What did you guys think?

+Future Trunks
+Vegeta
+Goku Black
+Goku Black
+Very solid action
+More great call backs(Mafuba, Android 8 cameo ect.)
+OST was outstanding this time around
+Hero's resorting to think outside to box to defeat Zamasu
+Yet still failing in their efforts
+Darker tone
+Vegito
+Ep. 66

-EP. 66
-Vegito
- All the asspulls
-convoluted time travel exposition
-Rushed plot points
-Pilaf gang continues to annoy

If you guys stuck around to the end of my review then thanks for sticking around and reading through! I tried to condense it as much as I could yet it still turned into an essay report. I left parts out because I felt it was already long enough. I need to work on that, sorry guys:p . Still I hope you enjoyed it. Thanks for reading!

These filler episodes have raised a couple of questions in me.

Why the hell do we have these rubbish go-nowhere stories when we could have had two more episodes of the Saiyans vs Zamasu?

And if Ep.68 is anything to go by, I would gladly see a rehashing of GT's Evil Dragons in DBS. The continual and numerous crappy wishes of the Z Fighters and their families...

I actually like these random slice of life episodes. If there's one thing that they've always been able to get right in Dragon Ball, that's the humor and random character interaction. Not even GT could screw that up. I mean, we actually got a real interaction between Goku and Android 18. Before this, I think that the last time they even acknowledged one another was right before the World Martial Arts Tournament in the Buu Saga.

Plus, anytime Beerus and Whis are on screen and not being all serious is awesome. Beerus, besides Vegeta, has had the best character development throughout the series and he's quickly becoming one of my all time favorite characters.

Ok DB fans we have some big revealing news to talk about! A few days ago we got our first look at the new story arc for DBS; Dubbed the Universal Survival arc.. A lot of fans were speculating what that meant. A lot of them including myself thought it was going to be some kind of great war between universes. Turns out what it actually is the Omniverse tournament that was first hinted at the end of the Champa arc. Well on February 5th is when this new arc officially takes off. Here is a early synopsis of what this arc will entail. So a warning advisory is ahead stop reading if you do not wish to be spoiled on future events!

universe_survival_arc_key_visual.jpg

This is the first promo piece released on the new arc. Some things to bring up. First off, that would make a bitchin poster.

Secondly lets talk about the major observation here; Gohan. Yes folks, if you are a Gohan fan it looks like the moment you have been waiting for has finally arrived. Gohan looks like he;s increased muscle mass and he;s back to his Buu arc GI. It looks as though Gohan has been training and is ready to participate in the tournament. Will it actually amount to anything? Who knows.

thirdly it looks like #17 is back. This came as a surprise to me. We saw him briefly towards the end of the Buu arc in Z but I figured that was merely just for cameo sake's and didnt put much thought into it. Well now it looks like he's actually back and will be joining the Z fighters. I'm curious to see his interactions with a few characters, mostly Goku.

Next a few other things I'll point out. I figure Roshi is only in this for pure comic relief. I don't expect him to go very far. Also a lot of people were pointing out why somebody like Roshi is in it but not Goten or Trunks. I suspect there might be an age restriction but there might be other reasons, who knows.

Dragon Ball Super producer Shunki Hashizume has this to say.

Dragon Ball Super enters its new chapter, the “Universe Survival Arc”. As you can see from the main visual, it’ll be a full-throttle story where Goku and the rest of the Universe 7 warriors form a team to take on a tournament between universes! Artificial Human No. 17 and Majin Boo are there too, so personally I can’t contain my excitement at the thought of what kind of fights we’ll see! Look forward to this new chapter that’ll be sure to feature super-intense battles with nonstop appearances by the elites of each universe!

Synopsis below:

At Goku’s request, the Omni-Kings’ “Tournament of Power” martial arts tournament between universes now begins! …But this also proves to be the beginning of universal destruction. What awaits the victors of this tournament, and the vanquished…?! How will these intense team battles between the elites of each universe turn out…?!

This was directly translated from Herms on twitter and is also featured on Kanzenshuu. A lot of interesting things here. What does it mean the beginning of universal destruction? Its pretty ominous here. I suspect that there will be high stakes in this tournament. Combatants will likely be fighting for their very own universes survival. Winners will get to remain while loses will likely suffer the same fate that future Trunks did. A fate as in the destruction of their own universe. That's sure to create a lot of drama and tensions.

So what do you guys think? I'm a bit surprised they are jumping right into this arc. I hope this doesn't mean the end of Super because honestly, after something of this size, where do they go from here?? I don't know. Ether way I'm looking forward to new battles and new characters. What has you excited?

Hey DB fans!! I know it's been a while and I apologize for that, but I've been very busy. I plan on devoting more time to this and other threads that I have going on though. So if you're not sick of me yet, chances are, you're going to be.

Today, though, I wanted to get the opinions of the DB fans of these here forums on one certain topic. A topic that many thought was impossible to be real but it is in fact very real. That topic is, Female Broly!!

female-broly-226584.png

That picture up above is very real and she will be appearing as a contestant in the upcoming Tournament of Power or what many are calling the Universal Survival Arc. So what do you think of her? Is she a good idea or a bad idea? What is your overall opinion of the Broly character? Let me know you opinions.

Honestly if they give female Broly a better backstory than the original then they have my blessing. This could make for some humor. What if she is cabbe's girlfriend or something and you know for a fact that she is fighting vegeta.

I'm still very conflicted by this. I was never a fan of Broly. His fans probably more or less had to do with that. Just the way they hyped him up to be the greatest thing ever was annoying. So when I first say this my first impression was "oh dear God, why??".

I'm trying to be impartial on this and not let my personal feelings affect my out look on this new character and her potential. Its like Gooz said, giver a back story, some character and things should be fine. That was the main problem I had with Broly's character; hes boring. Hopefully she won't be.

Well the first few episodes of the Universal Survival Arc are in the books and I've got to say, It's actually been pretty good.

First things first, we've got this new kick ass opening to Dragon Ball Super and IMO it's the best opening that Dragon Ball has ever had. I mean the music, the video that plays, hell even the lyrics are cool. I love it!!!!! Also, this Zeno Exhibition Match has been pure gold. We got some good ole fashioned Dragon Ball action mixed with some actual good story telling. Also, this developing story line of the other universes looking at Goku as evil because he asked for the tournament to happen which in turn put all of the other universes in danger is a great little story arc itself. Also, we're finally getting to see the dynamic between the Great Priest and Zeno and honestly, it looks like Zeno, although powerful, may just be a figure head and the Great Priest may actually be the one calling all the shots. What if he turns out to be evil and all of the subsequent universes have to team up to defeat him. That would be some awesome stuff right there. What's been most refreshing with this arc so far, however, has been the return of Gohan. He actually had a fight and, in the last episode, acknowledged his Saiyan blood saying that this tournament was getting him excited. I hope that bad ass Ultimate Gohan makes a resurgence and we get to see him grow even more powerful than he was. Going by who's going to be on Team Universe 7, Gohan is far and away the third strongest member of the team. Unless of course he's grown so weak that Buu is stronger than him now. I don't think that's the case though.

All in all, I have to say that these first few episodes have been pretty damn good and much like Goku and Gohan, I'm very excited for the upcoming events. Ever since the Trunks arc, Super has made a real turnaround from barely getting by on Dragon Ball nostalgia to actually becoming a very good quality anime in it's own right. I hope it continues to get better and better.

What do you guys think of these first few episodes and of the upcoming arc? Don't forget, we still have Female Broly coming up. Let me know your opinions.

The current / 2nd Opening to Dragon Ball Super is really, really good. I seriously think Dragon Ball Super captures what made DBZ BT3 the ultimate fan favorite game and puts it into an anime perspective. From initial Dragon Ball to the end of Z and GT I have to say Super is kind of the modern slice of the DB universe I wanted the last few years. As classic as some of the old story lines are I honestly have to say you can only watch them so many times before they feel dated. Dragon Ball Super made us see interactions and parts of them we would of never seen before, and that is a huge plus.

I'm a huge, huge Android 17/18 fan so it was miraculous to see 17 on the original promotional art when it dropped. It's nice to see 18 do something besides stand there as well regardless to what capacity it may be. They make Krillin even seem very cool, and they've even implemented Pilaf / Baba in at least some capacity.

Super gave me a version of 18 I like better. It made me actually like Gohan's silly persona, and my favorite side arc of all time (Future Trunks got redone). It somehow gave me a version of Frieza, a timeless bad guy I like more. It's nice to see him back (or was..) in a capacity that he isn't just an illusion or pure fodder. I love Hit to be completely honest. The approach they're going to making a lot of these major player villains works surprisingly well. That simple approach really, really works well.

I love the new opening. Honestly I have probably watched it a thousand times already since it came out because the music and visuals are amazing. I have also loved every single ep for the arc except for the Goku vs Bergamo ep because we knew goku was winning so it was a lackluster main event. The buu fight was the best, then the gohan fight, then toppo vs goku, then the goku vs Bergamo fight. I am really looking forward to them looking for team members. I am REALLY looking forward to them explaining to us why goten and trunks are not in the tournament but tien and roshi are. I mean my god it's 1 huge battle royal, fusions are aloud, no killing, 48 minute time limit. This is perfect for them but I guess they want to spread out the team.

There has been a lot of talk in the Online Dragon Ball community about Goku and Vegeta and how strong they have become and might become. As of now, even at their full power of Super Saiyan Blue, they are still weaker than Beerus and nowhere close to Whis. Even with Kaioken x10 added to SSB, Goku is still weaker than Beerus. (Which makes no sense because when they first fought Beerus said that he used 70% of his maximum power and since then, Goku has done nothing but grow stronger and stronger. Even if you added Kaioken x10 to Goku during his first fight with Beerus, if Beerus really was at 70% then Goku would've been strong enough to over power him then.)

Where I'm going with all of this and what I want to know is do you think that Goku and Vegeta should continue to grow stronger or do you think that they've become too strong? If we're being technical right now; Goku and Vegeta are actually Gods. They are. They've gone from Saiyan, to Super Saiyan, to God and they are the 2nd or 3rd strongest Gods in their universe (Depends on whether or not you include Whis as a God). Honestly, what's next for them? Super Saiyan God was a one off transformation in the anime. It was surpassed, rather quickly too, by Super Saiyan Blue. Is there yet another transformation down the pipeline? Will Goku and Vegeta learn how to mix their Godly ki with their other SSJ transformations. Will we get a SSB2, SSB3, and so on? Also, do you like the aspect that there are beings in the universe and multiverse that Goku and Vegeta are weaker than and that they may never be able to surpass or do you think that they should eventually become the strongest beings in existence? Honestly, when I look back at where it all started and how Goku could barely lift a car to where we are now, it seems impossible. They are literally strong enough to punch the universe out of existence. Is it too much?

Let me know your opinions.

I am pretty sure I read an article a couple years ago where the creater of dragon ball said that their won't be any more new transformations. But knowing that dragon ball is dragon ball that could change easily. Of course the obvious arcs always go goku and vegeta are strong, stronger enemy, goku goes through new form and defeats enemy, vegeta trains, and repeat. Goku and vegeta have both said that they want to be stronger than Whis and Beerus. I don't know about whis but I'm pretty sure by the end of the show goku will be stronger than Beerus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back