The disappointments of this year's Wrestlemania..

What do you think are the biggest disappointments of this year's Wrestlemania??

• Snooki in a match

• Morrison and Ziggler not going 1 on1

• Kane in an 8 man tag match

• No MITB

• Christian not on the card, yet

Results are only viewable after voting.

Pro Wrestling is FAKE

Occasional Pre-Show
Well it's not even one week left for Wrestlemania and the balls are rolling.. We finally saw Miz, Rock and Cena under the same roof, in the same ring at the same time.. We saw Triple H's confrontation with The Dead Man [PS Loved seeing Shawn again], Edge and Christian teamed up again, and the rest of the story-lines got enhanced as well..

But then I was talking to my friends after last night raw, and during the discussion we got to a few topics that felt either WWE should have addressed in a better way or have somehow left them in that condition for the viewers to run their imagination wild... So I'll mention them in the increasing order of what we felt as glares...

1) Snooki in a match.. Where was Britney?? :banghead:
I mean Jersey Shore has a following and you would expect VKM to have some attention of the media at Wrestle Mania, but Snooki.. I would like nothing more than Awesome Kong coming out after the match, laying waste on her, grabbing a mike and saying, this was the only thing for which she was hired by the WWE and signing off.. BAHHHH!!

2) Morrison and Ziggler in a mixed team match..
Two good future superstars and sure shot WWE/World Heavyweight Champs wrestling in a mixed tag match?? And especially those who are solid in the ring ... :banghead::banghead::banghead:
Here goes one solid match.:disappointed:

3) Kane playing goofy alongside Santino, Kozlov and Show in an 8 Man tag match
Now this guy was one of the best heels of last years.. And barring that :wtf: feud with Edge had a nice championship reign, and laid waste to Taker thrice in a row on PPVs [Only star to have ever done so].. Taker returns to become the Last Outlaw and here's Kane in almost a filler..

4) No MITB match..
Now I know that we have a separate PPV for this but WM was where it all started.. This is the match which brings the most number of high spots on the card and sure is fun to watch.. And when you have a talent winning a high profile match at WM, it pushes him [unlike Swagger]

LAST BUT NOT THE LEAST...

5) No Christian at the card yet.. :wtf::wtf::wtf:
VKM, what do you have here?? I mean this guy has one of the biggest pops in the business right now.. Has a nice momentum, has saved Edge a lot of times now, has defeated ADR two times in a row, has saved Edge from being banned at WM, and he is no-where on the card.. Fishy..?? Definitely.. End result.. A Heel Turn.. Probably..

This is just my two cents.. Would love to hear some of your takes at it.. Discuss and no spamming..

You can't say Mania is a disappointment if we are still 5 and a half days away. I mean for all we know it could end up being the best wrestlemania of all time. At least wait until the event is over before you start nit picking at everything.

You can't say Mania is a disappointment if we are still 5 and a half days away. I mean for all we know it could end up being the best wrestlemania of all time. At least wait until the event is over before you start nit picking at everything.

Mate I guess you should read the whole thing that I have written and then post, because I never said that this Wrestle Mania is disappointing.. I said what are the disappointments of this year's Wrestlemania.. Huge difference.. Kindly have a reading first and then post your answer... :banghead::banghead::banghead:

I really think Dolph and Morrison are getting huge exposure thanks to Snookie. People who know nothing of modern pro wrestling will be watching for her. I'm sure Dolph and Morrison will carry most of the match, and that they'll be impressive. Yeah, Snookie will probably get the pin and steal the final glory, but Dolph and Morrison will have been the stars of that match, and almost certainly the featured stars in most of the main stream media coverage.

I dislike Snookie as much as anyone else for all the same reasons. Heck, she's listed right after Rock and Stone Cold on Mania commercials I've seen, ahead of John Cena! But she has no wrestling ability at all and will probably stay out of the way for all but a minute.

I don't think Kane is looking goofy, it's more to do with what you pointed out afterward. Kane was recently a monster heel World Champion, facing off against and conquering Taker. He had to do something to officially be recognized as a face for Mania, and the entire four man tag team doing Santino's celebratory dance showed good guy team unity. Yeah it was completely out of character, but it shows that Kane's a good guy and with his team heading to Mania. It is more of a filler match, but not everyone can be featured.

No MitB is a real disappointment, but I'm hoping there's some sort of newly conceived match not being advertised for fan favorite mid-carders like Bourne, Truth, Masters, Chavo, Yoshi, Ryder, Kofi, and anyone else that would have normally ended up in MitB. They gotta have something in mind.

And there's gotta be something brewing for Christian. He was a key player on the Road to WrestleMania, beat Alberto twice, and I'm sure Christian will do more than just stand in Edge's corner. If he does get stuck on the sidelines, he'll still be on camera and will likely play a part in deciding the winner of the WHC match.

I agree with Eternal Reward that there's no reason to nitpick. I'm excited for Sunday! Plenty of good stuff to look forward to, so I'll be focused on that rather than complaining about the slightly negative.

Like kane doing that thing with Santino and Show, wtf he was destroying Taker now this wtf?

Snooki like yeah love ya but really

i did voted no MITB, maina needs it

and christian prob be on the card somewhere

Just go with the flow, sit-back, watch the damn show and once it is over tell everyone about what you saw as a dissapointment.

EVERY Wrestlemania has a couple stupid matches thrown in there, and every Wrestlemania has the odd person left off the card for either good reasoning, to enhance a storyline or for other reasons, who people like. I'm a bigger Christian mark than half, if not all this forum, easily, but I'm not going to complain until the show is over.

One match is severly ******ed, which is Team Ziggler Vs Team Morrison match; and yes, that's what I'm personally referring to it as. But again, it won't be as bad as others as presuming. Would you prefer it if Ziggler and Morrison were completely left off the card altogether? Exactly, then watch the match, and be happy they're on the show. Trish Stratus and Michelle McCool might be two of the best wrestling-Diva's over the past decade and both of them are in that match too, but when Snooki gets into the ring, go and take a piss break or something and stop complaining.

Kane's feud with Edge was stupid, that's how his Championship reign; and IMO, probably what will be his last Championship reign in the WWE is remembered for. Edge running around with Paul Bearer playing "Catch the Pidgeon" with Kane, so fuck him, he should be happy hes on the card. Hes had it worse in the past.

The last two Manias hes been in MITB, and the year before that, he won the ECW Championship from Chavo after a ten second squash. Year before that he had a shit match with Great Khali. He hasn't been a prolific figure in Wrestlemania since Wrestlemania 20.

As for Money in the Bank, there is a reason for that being hauled from the card. The match has became a PPV, which happens a couple of months after Wrestlemania, having MITB at Wrestlemania would have made the PPV seem less important and borderline redundant.

For me the most dissapointing thing is, that there's no Money in the Bank match at this years Wrestlemania. I understand that theres a ppv with the Money in Bank the Match, but I feel like the match adds so much to Wrestlemania in the form of giving the mid card wrestlers something to do other then wrestling in some bullshit batle royal. I also fell that the match is almost always the most popular match on the card for the fans because of all the crazy spots that the match usually delivers.

That's why I was so dissapointed when I found out theres no match this year, guys like Dolph Ziggler and John Morrison instead of showing off their skills in a one of the most exciting matchs get thrown in some tag team match with Snooki and some divas.

And then theres guys like Evan Bourne, Zack Ryder, Yoshi Tatsu, and so many others that have loads of talent but won't get to show off that talent on the biggest stage possible because theres no Money in the Bank Match.

To make matters worse, those lower card guys probably will be future endeavored after Wrestlemania so this could've been the last time to showcase the skills on the big stage but won't get that chance, to me that's the definition of dissapointment.

No MITB hurts me the most,but oh well.The WWE has a money(no pun intended) making idea and they ran with it.

I think Christian will cost Edge the title in some way.Maybe he'll be trying to stop Del Rio or his cronies from interfering and ends up distracting or hitting Edge,or maybe he'll turn heel and do the Killswitch on Edge,but I think Christian will feature in that match in a big way.

By saying that I bet you've never watched the past wresltemania live on ppv. This isnt some monthly ppv where people can hope the event will be good. I thought this is wrestlemania, the superbowl, the world cup etc. So ive to spend 60 buck for a ppv and HOPE itll turn out ago and not based on something i would be excited to see? This isnt some indy show where having a feud good matches is enough.

Also you said there is still one week away. I thought this is wrestlemania, this is where the long term feuds end and where the matach shouldve been booked atleast 2 weeks and have promo to further the storyline? Throwing a last minute match doesnt do mean much to the card.

For me the biggest disappointment is Kofi Kingston not on the card so far. Even Swagger got on the card as a valet of sort to Micheal Cole. Maybe Kofi will have a surprise match at the event itself or interfere in the Corre's 8 man tag match.

I think MITB has ran it's course at 'Mania. After awhile it more or less became a filler to fit in all the midcard guys who couldn't get a normal match on the card. The only people in this match that gained anything are the winners, and even that's arguable. Edge has been in the main event of several 'Manias. Punk's now in the upper midcard having great fueds. Swagger was a bit of a flop, and RVD & Kennedy are in TNA now(but that discussion can be saved for another time). Miz is WWE Champ heading into a main event and Kane had his best Title run ever. That's why I'm glad it has it's own PPV. It progress' stories instead of just being a random match that has high and fun spots but would suffer from the fact that only one person on the entire roster would benefit from it in the long run.

So after that small rant, I'm glad to say I have no dissapointments at all and I think it'll be a great 'Mania.

I chose kane. the guys was the most dominate heel the wwe had this year, then he has a tag match with santino. wtf??? monster heel, to goofy face? not to mention the nexus helped him take out taker, then kane betrays them. why, what is going on with that whole stupid storyline? its sad that the wwe once again burrys one of their best workers.

I think the option of Kofi Kingston not having a match should be added to the poll, the WWE are wasting a money-making babyface by leaving them out of the biggest event of the year, unless on Smackdown?...

Looking at this years Wrestlemania card you have some good match up's, the obvious like Cena vs Miz, Orton Vs. Punk and (thanks to Shawn Michaels on raw this week) Triple H vs. Undertaker. You also have matches that should put on a good show....Mysterio Vs. Rhodes and Edge Vs. Del Rio.

What i feel slightly disappointed in is that in my view is the whole Corre Vs. match is a waste, as is the Ziggler/JoMo mix tag match. It seems with losing MITB that they couldnt figure out a decent match card for the upper mid carders who have missed out on MITB. I know they have the MITB PPV now but i feel they could have been booked in a better way.

The following superstars that probably would have been in the MITB frame;

Kofi Kingston
Jack Swagger
JoMo
Dolph Ziggler
Christian
Kane
Drew Mcyintyre
R-Truth

With the exceptions of DM and R-Truth, the rest have had a storyline or a title reign with the main event carders and have been pushed back to upper-midcard for whatever reason.

Kofi Kingston isn't booked for WM, neither is Christian as yet (tho we can bet he'll be involved in Edge vs del rio somehow), JoMo, Ziggler and Kane are in joke matches and Swagger is a jobber to Cole.

Surely WWE creative could have thought of something better to utilise the in-ring talent of these superstars?

It would be interesting to here the rest of you's thoughts on this. How could they have booked the mid-carders better? Im struggling to think of anything besides MITB.

I don't know about the rest of you but i for one will nit pick i give them ratings buy their ppv's and merchandise loyally so i am entitled to nit pick.

Some things that bother me about Mania First is Kane being paired up with Santino and Koslov of all people WTF :wtf:. The man had one of the most memorable WHC title reigns in quite some time his promos gave me chills.
Like many stated he took out Taker more than anyone in the past years i just don't get why they took the title off him for Edge. Like what the fudge sticks is going on here Kane is now a Filler comedy face. Complete and utter bs :disappointed:

Moving on Snooki being in a match i must be the only one who doesn't watch the Jersey shore this chick has no business being in a match at wrestlemania.
Why not just throw Eve torres in the match and make Snooki the special guest referee would have made a lot more sense. But we all know the WWE writers have no sense at all. Ugh i suspect Snooki pinning Dolph ziggler further burying him like when Vicki pinned Morrison on RAW. Im not even going to get into that travesty.:suspic:

On to the next tom foolery Alberto del Rio headlining wrestlemania for the WHC i just don't see the hype behind this guy when he first started. On SD i liked his feud with Mysterio mainly because the ultimate unbeatable underdog.
Finally had his jobbing boots on but when he[Del rio] actually won the RR i was left in a serious WTF moment. He's been in one feud prior to his WHC contendership and he gets to headline Mania. Not to mention people in the crowd don't care about him at all he should not be getting mid carder heat.
I see him losing or winning at Mania have a mediocre title reign lose it and take the Sheamous ,Jack swagger route. Back to mid carder land JBL rip off.

Onward to Michael cole vs King just so much fail here it's not funny i am not looking forward to this match at all. My prediction for this match Swagger trys to help cole win Stone cold stunners him and Cole King picks up the victory. Around the 4 min mark hopefully :shrug:

I have more but i don't feel like sitting here typing for a couple hours i've made my mind up i won't be ordering Wrestlemania. For the first time in 12 years just sad TNA may be in luck sunday. Lockdown may just have 50 of my dollars in their pocket. Hey it's charity work i can put that on my tax returns next year. :lmao:

End.

I think the option of Kofi Kingston not having a match should be added to the poll, the WWE are wasting a money-making babyface by leaving them out of the biggest event of the year, unless on Smackdown?...

I'm still pissed about Kofi not being on the card i mean why couldn't they book a triple treat match with Barret vs Kofi vs Cody or Drew for the IC title.
But that's just too creative for the creative team to think of why are they even called the creative team? Mania is going to be a joke no mitb match and most of the baby faces are in gimmick matches or just not on the card altogether just bleh. I'm not paying 50 dollars for that crap sauce :disappointed:

Don't see any disappointments in this year's Wrestlemania. I don't really care that Kofi isn't on the card but I have a feeling he will make an appearance in the Cole/Lawler match. This Wrestlemania is the most unpredicatable one in recent memory as all the matches (even HHH/Undertaker a little) could go either way.

Wrestlemania doesn't even have the "BIG" feel to it anymore. This Wrestlemania doesn't offer me any excitement & I'm just disappointed in how something that was so prestigious 10-20 years ago, is just crap today.

If I had WWE creative writing control this is what I'll do to make this show actually entertaining.

Main Event: WWE Championship
John Cena vs. The Miz.

World Heavyweight Title:
Edge vs. Alberto Del Rio.

Intercontinental Title:
Christian vs. Kofi Kingston.

US Title:
Daniel Bryan vs. Dibiase vs. Sheamus.

Tag Titles:
4 way TLC MATCH!
The Hart Dynasty vs. Usos vs. Justin Gabriel & Slater vs. Trent Baretta & Caylon Croft.
- This is a GREAT idea!

John Morrison vs. Dolph Ziggler
- Modern day Shawn Micheals against Mr.Perfect!

Cody Rhodes vs. Rey Mysterio.

Hell In A Cell Match:
Triple HHH vs. Undertaker.

Womens Title:
Nataylia vs. Beth Phoenix.

Trish Stratus & Lita vs. Laycool.

Jerry Lawler vs. Micheal Cole.

Wade Barret vs. McIntrye vs. Evan Bournce vs. R-Truth vs. Yoshi Tatsu vs. Tyler Reks vs. Zeke Jackson vs. Jack Swagger vs. Alex Riley in a Battle Royal Match!

Appearances by: Shawn Micheals, Booker T, Kevin Nash
Stone Cold Steve Austin, Ricky Steamboat.

Return of Chris Jericho!
Hosted By The Great One : The ROCK!

This is an amazing Mania card!
WWE shoud hire me for creative.

-

From an overall perspective, I don't see very much to be genuinely disappointed about. See, the event hasn't even happened yet and people are already picking what they don't like about the show. It's fucking absurd. Why not just sit back and WATCH the show before criticizing what you didn't like about it. Are there match scenarios that we would have liked more than others? Of course there are. Shit, that's how it is with every wrestling ppv and television show. There are always going to be certain feuds, matches and angles that we'd like to see play out instead of some others so let's not try and make this seem to be a much bigger situation than it actually is just because it happens to be WrestleMania.

If Snooki is used properly during her match, I've got no problem with her being there. If you're going to use celebrity involvement to help generate ppv buys or television ratings, then you might as well try to make the most out of your investment. Granted, this match could be a disaster if the WWE decides to make Snooki the focal point here and have her spend a good amount of time in the match. I don't think that will happen, however. Morrison, Ziggler, LayCool & Trish are all good wrestlers and I don't believe that the WWE intends to pull off some sort of comedy match. If they were, I think they'd have been more likely to involve Santino in this situation.

Morrison & Ziggler going one on one would be great, make no bones about that. But, they still have an opportunity to show what they've got at the biggest show of the year. As I said, I don't think the WWE is going to make this into some lame comedy match because there are too many good wrestlers in this match to cover Snooki.

What's wrong with using Kane in an 8 man tag team match? He's not currently involved in any title feuds and this is a good way of getting him on the card. It's better than watching him squash Chavo Guerrero in 10 seconds like he did a few years back.

MITB at WrestleMania has run its course for the time being. Having 3 MITB matches in a year is redundant and would just throw everything out of balance. If the MITB ppv concept eventually folds, then it'll make a return to WM at some point.

I would have liked to have seen Christian put into the WHC match personally. I can't say I'm surprised, however, given that Christian has been out for 6 months injured and has only made his return very recently. However, given the fact that WWE has put him in a couple of high profile matches with Alberto Del Rio on SD!, matches he's won by the way, I think that they have something in store for him and that he's going to have a big role to play tonight.

So no, I can't say I'm overly disappointed in anything. This has the potential the best WrestleMania in years in my view. I think a good chunk of that success could revolve around the booking of the show. There are a lot of stars on the card representing WWE's past and it's present. The WWE has an opportunity to give some young stars a real rub here tonight and I just hope that they don't screw it up.

Wrestlemania doesn't even have the "BIG" feel to it anymore.

And you are obviously joking. This Wrrestlemania does feel Big and it does seem like a good card. I don't know how you can say the best PPV does not feel Big. And considering the majority of your post from now on is spam shows you truly aren't comprehending the true beuty of Mania.

This Wrestlemania doesn't offer me any excitement & I'm just disappointed in how something that was so prestigious 10-20 years ago, is just crap today.

This statement just isn't smart. This has been, is , and always will be a prestigous event. It is more exciting than in the past. You just need to stop complaining.

If I had WWE creative writing control this is what I'll do to make this show actually entertaining.

According to you. Your card is basically just a way to get everyone on the card. Nothing special.

Main Event: WWE Championship
John Cena vs. The Miz.

Isn't this already the main event? If your going to redo the card you might want to change the ME. Because clearly you think the original card sucks.

World Heavyweight Title:
Edge vs. Alberto Del Rio.

Well I won't attack this one as much because I guess the Royal Rumble winner does get the match. However you did nothing to it on "your" card.

Intercontinental Title:
Christian vs. Kofi Kingston.

They are both faces so how would you make this work. In additon Chrisitan has had little time to make this actually happen since coming back. Seems more of a dream match then something that could happen.

US Title:
Daniel Bryan vs. Dibiase vs. Sheamus.

Why? Why ruin a match that has two amzing superstars in it by addind Dibiasi. This guy just isn't that good and doesn't make sense.

Tag Titles:
4 way TLC MATCH!
The Hart Dynasty vs. Usos vs. Justin Gabriel & Slater vs. Trent Baretta & Caylon Croft.
- This is a GREAT idea![/QUOTE]

Now I am starting to understand. Your one of those people that feel every title should be defended at Wrestlemania. So why not throw a random tag match together. First of Hart Dynasty is no more, Usos have been doing nothing, and you felt it necessary tp split up the Corre at Mania. And you are praising yourself. This last quote from you is pure brilliance.

John Morrison vs. Dolph Ziggler
- Modern day Shawn Micheals against Mr.Perfect!

Yes this match would be better, but still you are using WWE original matches in your own creative card....

Cody Rhodes vs. Rey Mysterio.

You are quite original. This is a good match but once again you complain about a card but keep 5 of the matches the same.

Hell In A Cell Match:
Triple HHH vs. Undertaker.

Why? Because you know both stars will get injured in a match like this.

Womens Title:
Nataylia vs. Beth Phoenix.

So the title is defended right.

Trish Stratus & Lita vs. Laycool.

This would be cool I guess.

Jerry Lawler vs. Micheal Cole.

Are you stealing yet another match? Clearly you think the orignal card was awful.

Wade Barret vs. McIntrye vs. Evan Bournce vs. R-Truth vs. Yoshi Tatsu vs. Tyler Reks vs. Zeke Jackson vs. Jack Swagger vs. Alex Riley in a Battle Royal Match!

Why to get random people on the card. Wrestlemania is a PPV of prestige. Not a PPV where you throw random people in it.

Appearances by: Shawn Micheals, Booker T, Kevin Nash
Stone Cold Steve Austin, Ricky Steamboat.

Why? So they can take up time on a PPV in which we want wrestling not a stroll in the past.

Return of Chris Jericho!
Hosted By The Great One : The ROCK!

This is an amazing Mania card!
WWE shoud hire me for creative.

This is not a good card although Jericho returning would be nice although unrealistic. And what do you want Rock to do at Mania? You give yourself way too much credit although you use orignal card matches. You don't need to complaina bout nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back