Another Heel Turn for Mark Henry?

AlexWWE21

HBK and Dean Ambrose Fan
Ughh... so Mark Henry turns heel for the 10,000 time tonight. I think we can all see it coming though. But what does the sense of him turning heel only if he will turn face a few weeks to maybe a month later? Last year after his match with Cena, he turned face. What is the sense of this heel turn? Do we really need another Big Show vs Henry match? Ughh. your thoughts? :banghead::banghead::confused::wtf:

It's stupid, really stupid. Worst case scenario we lose a tag team in the division and get a lovely Big Show/Henry match. Best case scenario we get....hall of pain Mark Henry? Way past his prime too. I agree it's stupid but it might just be to push someone new as Show's partner. Or maybe he'll join Bray?

Imagine next week Dean gets his hands on Bray only for Henry to show up....or maybe! They're going through with a heel Nation 2? Who knows, let's not complain till we see what we're getting

Also 3 worlds strongest slams...the audience chanted for more...like wtf?

Maybe they're tired of Big Show and hoping Henry would put him on the shelf, if not outright cause him to retire. I'm not holding my breath for this to go anywhere other than another Big Show vs. Mark Henry match

Henry was somewhat effective in the Nation of Domination, mostly because he had such strong personalities around him (Dwayne, Simmons, D'Lo) that he really didn't need to be anything more than the quiet, imposing presence.

That being said, outside of the Nation, I've never even remotely enjoyed antyhing Henry has ever done on his own, face nor heel. His mic skills are far below average, he is a terrible seller, his working style is limited by being a fat fuck, so what's really left? Strongman competitions, I suppose.

I tend to lose all foucs when any segment involving Henry (or Big Show for that matter) is on WWE programming so I really hope they'd just move this little program as far down the card as possible and get it over with quickly.

I was honestly hoping for both Big Show and Mark Henry to turn heel. I would love to see them both just throw a bunch of faces around like rag dolls out of frustration. Remember how Awesome Truth terrorized the whole roster? Something like that, but this time, it's actually believable that people will be afraid of them. It was kind of bullshit that the entire roster walked out on Triple H because they were so afraid of Miz and Truth's causing an "unsafe work environment". But Big Show and Henry??? Yeah, I'd be afraid to show up to work too if those huge behemoths could come out and beat me up for absolutely no reason.

Well, Mark Henry is black, and as a black wrestler, he has three angles he's allowed to be in by Vince. He can be a heel monster. He can be a rapper. He can be a comedy jobber.

I was honestly hoping for both Big Show and Mark Henry to turn heel. I would love to see them both just throw a bunch of faces around like rag dolls out of frustration.

I was thinking the exact same thing. With Ambrose and Reigns as face stars and now Ryback and it seems Orton, we need a few heel studs around. Henry and Show could be just some old school bullies. Maybe Show will come around

He sure looks mean when he's standing still, doesn't he? Beyond that, I can't imagine what they plan to do with Mark Henry now. He can barely move....and although that isn't a problem in pro wrestling because smaller opponents have always been happy to stand directly in front of the big guys, giving them easy access.....it must be noted that the upwardly mobile roster of guys moving toward the top are young.......like Reigns, Ambrose and Rollins.

Why take an old guy who seemed to be whiling away the last stages of his career, serving as an enhancement talent while not having to extend himself too much? How far do they want this apparent new program to go? Just long enough to let Henry & Show go at each other for awhile......or do they intend a brilliant new midcard career for either/both?

Whichever it is, I can live without it.

If you have been watching Wrestling for a while and you didn't see this coming.........somethings wrong. Henry nor Show bring any sorts of interest to Wwe at the moment, so instead of constantly turning/pushing them, Wwe needs to found new roles for them. There's plenty of options if Wwe try.
Have Show and Henry both turn heel and just wreck havok (can you imagine a battle royal that they're not involved in and Henry and Show comes out and just demolish everyone)
Heck the Ascension and Harper/Rowan are both heel, having an impressive team like Henry/Show to beat is always needed.
Another option that I see that can happen here is have Henry become a sort of mentor to a new superstar (possibly Big E, I thought there teaming had potential). Have Henry mentor/manage Big E and allow E to feud with Show in henry's place.
Hmmmmm....?ok. I can't think of that many more possibilities. Maybe Henry and Show both captain a team of "Giants/Monsters"
Henry- Bray- Harper- Rowan-Rusev(don't know anyone else)
Show- Ambrose- Big E- Ryback-Sheamus
Or they could add Ascension to Henry team and Harper/Rowan replace Sheamus and Ryback.
I don't know, but Wwe needs to realise that Henry and Show glory days are over, and that Kane isn't the only one that's capeable of putting over talent. Maybe if they would have been having show and Henry help Kane in putting over new talent, Kane wouldn't be looking so weak and pointless right now.

Something that WCW had going for them except backwards was the New Blood/Millionaire Club. Show and Henry can align themselves with The Authority and they can start targeting the newer guys (faces only). Slowly, more veterans join the Authority and NXT guys start getting called up. Have the classic old school/new school feud

I was thinking the exact same thing. With Ambrose and Reigns as face stars and now Ryback and it seems Orton, we need a few heel studs around. Henry and Show could be just some old school bullies. Maybe Show will come around

Not only that, but I'm still hoping they pull the trigger on a Cesaro face turn for WrestleMania. And the match I want to see is Cesaro vs. Big Show as a follow-up to the Andre Battle Royal finish last year.

While it was great to see Cesaro slam Big Show over the top, what will be even better is Cesaro swinging Big Show and going for the pin. That's what I want to see.

Well apparently I'm in the minority here, because I love the thought of a heel Mark Henry. I enjoy him far more as a heel than as a face, and I have been a fan of his for some time now. I loved his Hall of Pain heel run a few years back, and I still see him as a pretty imposing figure today.

Granted he is older now, a little slower, and has been somewhat injury prone, so I'm not sure I would want to see him in any title hunt at this stage of the game. But he can still be used to elevate some of the newer younger talent, functioning as a monster heel, even more effectively than his role as an elevator of new talent, but from the jovial face role. I still see Henry as a mean and menacing s.o.b and he can still keep me interested while he functions in this capacity in a supporting role.

Come on, Ech, I think I'm going to need some backup on this one as I don't think going to have too many supporters of this opinion.

Def works better to me as a pissed off monster heel and not the friendly giant or comedy shit.

Not only that, but I'm still hoping they pull the trigger on a Cesaro face turn for WrestleMania. And the match I want to see is Cesaro vs. Big Show as a follow-up to the Andre Battle Royal finish last year.

While it was great to see Cesaro slam Big Show over the top, what will be even better is Cesaro swinging Big Show and going for the pin. That's what I want to see.
That is one match I'd get behind. Would def be a Wrestlemania quality match for Cesaro. I hope we get it.
Still plenty of time for Big Show to turn heel after his feud with Henry for this match to come true.

Mark Henry turning heel is a great decision. Have him eviscerate Big Show and lay wreckage on the entire WWE Roster each week. One subplot can be him unmasking the bunny after dismantling him for 10 minutes . When he attacked Bo Dallas in a backstage interview I literally prayed for Bo's safety because it looked VICIOUS!!! That's why Mark Henry is a great heel. Once established as a monster heel, he could be the next opponent for Dolph Ziggler and his IC title. It would be a great feud for Dolph and continue his current push/ Dolph's run to make IC title prestigious again! I'm liking Dolph's run, the only thing that bothers me is that he lost at NOC just to win it again the next day. Instead of a 2 month reign right now its only like a 4 week reign. Still, I have a feeling that Dolph Ziggler is going to be the longest reigning IC title champion in the modern era and that's what is best for business! Great in-ring work and hustle does pay off. Anyways, a rejuvenated Mark Henry would be a great opponent for Dolph's run with the IC title. #ShowOff #That'sWhatIDO!

I say this all the time but, don't jump to conclusions. Who says we're going to have a Big Show/Mark Henry feud? And who says Henry is going to turn face a few weeks later? From my understanding, Henry put Show out last night and there are a few ways that WWE can go with Henry. He'll probably be in the SS match on Team Authority, possibly even be given a new "position" similar to Kane was. He'll probably feud with Show eventually but there are still things for him to do afterwards. I'd say he'll eventually enter a feud with Ryback as well.

Oh Henry Mark Henry sucks he is doomed there he has nothing left to do , creative has stuck him again in a feud with big slow for the 1000 time geeeez , seriously get rid off these 2 oldies and let the young ones shine already! Enough benchwarmers as it is!
They could have easily beat the closet make up freaks and become new tag champs but creative fucked up on that as well geeez these 2 oldies should leave head to TNA and let the young ones shine!

This is so boring.

Now we are going to be force fed Henry/Big Show for a month, which would barely be news 10 years ago but certainly isn't worthy of on-air time today.

I'm not surprised. I saw the teases of it.

I'm hoping this doesn't lead to him just being fed to Ryback, Reigns, and Cena, or whoever is a top face that needs to look strong for their big PPV match.

I'm hoping he mentors the Big E/Kofi/Woods stable, adds attitude to their stable instead of them now being goofy with hardly any personality

I'm not surprised. I saw the teases of it.

I'm hoping he mentors the Big E/Kofi/Woods stable, adds attitude to their stable instead of them now being goofy with hardly any personality

They teased it? I must have missed that somehow! I remember Mark Henry being mad he failed, the commentators saying 1000 times he let America down, he attacked Bo Dallas backstage and jumped in on a match causing it to end in DQ instead of letting his buddy submit. Where in that signified a heel turn? xP I kid

Anyway, there is no stable right now featuring Big E, Kofi and Woods...so what can he add to a nonexisting stable?

Part of me wants Mark Henry to revive his sexual chocolate gimmick based on the last RAW. He even went along with the chants, even though I've heard he wasn't a fan. Yet Mark Henry is at his best when he's a heel. So I'm cool with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back