• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Mark Henry to RAW

TheOneBigWill

[This Space for Rent]
Mark fucking Henry, that's who!

I not even a couple weeks ago mentioned how much I'd love to see the aggressive side of Mark Henry turn face. Mark Henry got decent reactions as a comedy face, and he's gotten World Championships as an agressive heel. So what's to say he can't get both, as an Aggressive Face?

Example? Tonight's Raw. Henry flat-out dominated and fucked Randy Orton's shit UP!

I, for one, am excited to see this. I've never given more than two seconds of care for Mark Henry.. and that was during the time I just cared enough to feel sorry for him, because he was "screwing" a guy dressed in Women's clothing.

All in all though, Mark Henry - tonight - did every bit of what he wanted to. He made an example, and may have finally fallen into the category and place he belongs.

Will he ever be a Main Eventer that lasts on Raw? I doubt it. I truly doubt it. But the fact is, as a face with aggression.. he could be better than he's ever been.

What are everyone's thoughts on this?

There are two other threads about this, but you're a G-Mod so fuck them right?

Anyway, Mark Henry has been a guy who's puzzled me. He's big, strong, and never has been over with the crowd...until now. It was one of those, 'REALLY?!' moments. As in, I'd never thought

1) Orton would be pinned clean by Henry
2) Henry would get a GREAT reaction for doing so

It's the best of both worlds. We get a guy who the WWE didn't think had any sort of chance to be over that fast, and has worked his way into a solid push. It's the sort of push that MVP would get, except the crowd wants him to be heel.

Mark Henry was great as Sexual Chocolate, but his cheers were more of a, 'yay, he'll entertain us with Chyna/Mae Young' kind of pop than a 'yes, Mark Henry's going to wrestle' ovation. I'm glad to see it. Because Mark Henry's career isn't far from being over. He's wrestled on and off for nearly 13 years. He was ECW Champion, European Champion, and has had some solid feuds. It's good to see Henry get this kind of push and hopefully, the fans will like it.

it's about time Henry gets some real attention. Ever since his feud with Taker and his ECW title reign Henry's been largely ignored losing to bourne and others. He should be included in the main event picture as he destroyed the WWE champion and won cleanly
It would be intresting to see an Henry-Legacy feud as i am bored to death with the whole Orton vs HHH/Cena feud. Henry vas the big show as well because last year before WM24 i remember Henry world strongest slamming Khali, it would show whether henry is the world strongest man

It would be nice to see him be used properly. I can't help but feel he was at his best and most appreciated when teaming with D'lo during and a little after the Nation of Domination period. Only thing I can note, and this isn't to burst peoples bubbles, but it wasn't 100% clean. Orton fought 2 other guys just before that, granted the 1st was quick, but Swagger beat him up a bit. So kinda like 75% clean.

It would be nice to see him be used properly. I can't help but feel he was at his best and most appreciated when teaming with D'lo during and a little after the Nation of Domination period. Only thing I can note, and this isn't to burst peoples bubbles, but it wasn't 100% clean. Orton fought 2 other guys just before that, granted the 1st was quick, but Swagger beat him up a bit. So kinda like 75% clean.

Swagger hit one half power slam on him, and that was it. He really gave Orton a rest after the match with Evan Bourne.

Now if you would have said that Orton wasn't 100% because of his match with HHH at The Bash, that would have been more legit.

I think Mark Henry will be pushed for a reasonable period but i dont think hes gonna be pushed to the main event scene i just think he wll drift between main event and midcard but predominantly in the midcard.

But i do agree that Mark Henry will be better than he has ever been as feel this aggresive face turn and his beat down could elevate him and may involve him in mini feuds with legacy possibly as next week on raw Henry faces Cody Rhodes so it could be interesting to see where his new found character will develop.

Orton fought 2 other guys just before that, granted the 1st was quick, but Swagger beat him up a bit. So kinda like 75% clean.

Randy Orton fought Evan Bourne in what looked to be a pretty even match-up, until Bourne finished the last of his "spot-fests" and Orton hit a top rope R.K.O on him for the victory. At this point, Orton was tired.. Swagger entered, hit a basic "takedown slam" on him, then wasted a good couple of minutes, telling Orton he respect him and got counted out.

Orton wasn't as fresh as Mark Henry, but he damn sure wasn't worn down beyond everything, that he couldn't of even put up some type of offense.

Watch that match again. Mark Henry didn't just defeat Randy Orton cleanly as far as having a pinfall went. Mark Henry flat-out SQUASHED the W.W.E Heavyweight Champion, then pinned him in the middle of the ring to make a damn impressive statement.

I don't think we're going to see Henry headlining any PPVs or win any of the major 2 titles, but god damn... find one person who didn't absolutely love what went down with Mark Henry last night. I dare you. What did his beating of Orton do to make the crowd just blow up like they did? You could combine the crowd reactions from Broune and MVP last night... and they're still nowhere close to the cheers that Henry receieved. Personally, I think this is Henry's last push, his last run, and maybe he talked to somebody with creative... but maybe his wish was to finish his career as a face. He's been hurt a couple times, but Henry must do something right since he's always on a show and always doing something. Rarely in Henry's careeer did he disappear for times even though he was healthy. So he must be liked in the back. Even during that little promo last night for SSlam Reading Jam, Henry was there with the kids. Maybe he's a much bigger company guy than we think he is... unlike one Mr. Rob Van Dam who never went overseas to Iraq for the Tribute to the Troops show. Vinnie doesn't like when you say no to that. Mizark went on those trips. Mizark wants the kids to read. So Mizark with a face push on Raw? Why the hell not?

I along with everybody love the idea and along with everybody... am still in shock we all turned into Mark Henry fans in the blink of an eye. It will be intertesting to see what happens.

I really liked what went down with Mark Henry and Randy Orton last night and I think that Henry will make an excellent smart-ass fan favorite. Did you see that smirky smile last night towards Orton and then he proceeded to squash him like a bug? I loved it. He will be great in this role if it continues. Mark was a pretty good face when he was Sexual Chocolate back in the day but it's time for WWE to give him a real push. I'm not necessarily sure if he will be in the elite main event level with HHH, Cena, and Orton but I think he will definitely make some noise. You can't tell me that WWE can't find a way to work the World's Strongest Man into their plans especially with their history on loving wrestlers with tremendous size and superhuman strength. Mark Henry has both of those traits. By the way, could this be the ally that HHH needs as he fights off Legacy or will he help Cena fight them off if he beats HHH next week? Interesting stuff.

I liked the way raw ended last night Henry deserves another big push. The guy must be doing something right he's been with the company since 1996 other than Kane I dont see anyone more worthy of a world title push when it comes to being loyal to the wwe. I just hope he dont end up like MVP who was up in Ortons face one week and has been getting shitted on ever since. Who did he piss off?

I've never been a huge Mark Henry fan, but as is my position on all WWE superstars that are hugely underused, if WWE comes up with some good things for them to do, I am 100% behind them.

Mark Henry isn't an aweful wrestler, he's just a big guy, and a little clumsy sometimes. He's a better wrestler than Cena or Big Show for sure.

I was a little dissapointed to hear in the spoilers for next weeks Raw that Henry didn't get a great reaction from the crowd. I find this weird because he seemed to get a really good reaction from the SAME crowd just an hour before this.

In conclusion, I really hope that WWE pushes Mark Henry. I don't think he's going to be a main eventer on a permanent basis, or even more than the next few weeks. I do see this whole thing with Big Show beating down Kofi Kingston, and now Evan Bourne (sorry for the spoilers), and I'm thinking that as the new face on Raw, Mark Henry could come out and stop him from terrorizing the cruiserweights. A Mark Henry vs. Big Show match could actually be half way decent, and would be better than a lot of other giant matches. I would get behind him if they gave him the US title as well.

Mark was over as a heel on SmackDown on ECW, so I have no idea what Lariat is spewing about him NEVER having been over with the crowd before this point. That's a lie, plain and simple.

That said, I've loved Henry since about 2006. When he needed to wrestle a Hardy, a Mysrtio, or a Finlay he's been gold. Heck, his matches with Undertaker were even a little more decent than they were sold to be for big man vs. big man matches. I think the man is, quite simply, the most underrated wrestler of the decade and I have been saying this for a couple years. He's treated by a lot of people who don't understand professional wrestling as a slow hobbling afterthought and one of the worst wrestlers on the roster when in fact he's a very competent super heavyweight.

Cue the badass music and bring the man's well earned push on. Aside from CM Punk, this is the one guy in the company I think is so clean that he's bankable because of it. The man (supposedly) travels alone so other people's drugs don't get him in trouble. The man is clean, smart, and a good worker. Let's seem him with the belt please.

Mike Killam said:
I was a little dissapointed to hear in the spoilers for next weeks Raw that Henry didn't get a great reaction from the crowd. I find this weird because he seemed to get a really good reaction from the SAME crowd just an hour before this.
The crowd could easily get burned out from the length of two tapings or the quality of the second taping. I haven't read the spoilers yet though, so I know nothing about how the rest of the show went.

I say it's about damn time the WWE decided to do something with this guy, and the fact that its coming at the expense of Orton is even better. Seriously, I've never understood the sheer hatred that Mark Henry gets by all of the fans on here particularly. The guy has been a member of the WWE since 1996, he's a familiar face, and who doesn't believe the guy is strong as hell?

He is meant to be a strong guy, that's it. He goes in, and bust ass. Mark Henry floating around the main event scene would be nice instead of constantly getting Cena, Orton and Triple H. Morrison and Punk are working otu well thus far for Smackdown, hopefully something happens with Raw.

Ya know I didn't like Mark Henry, I thought though while strong, he was way out of shape and couldn't go more that a few minutes without breaking a sweat and hardly able to breath, but then the last few months, he has lost a lot of fat if you look at him. He is still huge, but more mussle mass instead of fat, so I think he's hit the gym harder. I still admit though, I didn't like him, then he OWNS Orton on Raw and the wife and I were like WHAT THE HELL!!!. We love Orton, still do, but what Henry did was awesome, I marked out big time and I see a big push coming his way. It probably won't last all of a few months, but it will be pretty big, and who knows, maybe after Orton retains at Night of the Champions, we will see Henry get a shot at it and be the one who likely takes the belt off of Orton, which would be good as I don't want to HHH or even Cena hold it right now.

Like everyone else here, I too was shocked out of my mind when Henry came out and actually STOOD UP to Orton and not only won, but made Orton look foolish. The crowd went apeshit for him, and I just can't believe it. Huge risk that somehow worked out very well for the WWE.

I doubt this will mean much in the long run, but a short main event push for Henry definately seems like not only a possibility but probably a certainty in the coming weeks. Thank god for that surprise last night, because the staleness of RAW was starting to really, REALLY get to me.

Can't wait to see what they do with this Henry situation. Oh but for the love of god, keep Tony Atlas the fuck away from RAW. He's awful in every way, and having him tag along with Henry now would do noting but harm Mark.

Disclaimer: I haven't read the spoilers.

This could go two ways:

1. Mark Henry could come out and squash Evan Bourne, thus returning back to the old heel Mark Henry, and making sure that this awesome sauce known as Mark Henry: The Unstoppable Face was only a one week thing. By doing this he will spend the rest of his career (which is not a young one, by the way, he's 38) a midcarder.

OR

2. Mark Henry could come out and squash The Brian Kendrick or some shit like that. Then go challenge the Big Ho-I mean, The Big Show, and cement his status as Raw's resident ass kicker.

Now, Mark Henry doesn't have to become a 13-time World Champion or something like that, but what he does have to do is become dominant and stay dominant, not rot away and become a pussy shell of his former badass self (I'm looking at you, Big Sjhow and Khali). Although it would have been ideal to put Swagger in Henry's position because he's younger, I still am okay with a face Henry 'cause it's fresh and just might give us something other than Triple H vs. Randy Orton.

Mark Henry FTW!!!!!!

Will, I couldn't agree with you more (Damn this us agreeing thing:lmao:)

This could be big. This could really big. He could become the next.... Well, this guy!

goldberg-bill06.jpg

Whoa there, easy fellas.... Consider it.

You see, Goldberg didn't have to know how to wrestle too much. As a matter of fact, he never had too much formal training, and was extremely green his first go in the ring. So what did they do for this man?

They fed him. They kept giving him victim after victim to demolish. And eventually, it got so fucking over. Any man that tells you Goldberg was never over is a damn liar... He was huge. He didn't have to be a technician, and he didn't even need too many of the basic skills. All he had to do is go out there, beat everyone's ass, look intimidating, snort a lot, and he was made.

Let's do a checklist, shall we?

Doesn't have to wrestle much? Check. As a matter of fact, he has more skills than Goldberg did when he started. And he's far more seasoned.

Looks intimidating? Check. I'm sorry, but if you're not scared shitless by this man, you got a huge set of juevos. This isn't the porker known as Big Daddy V, here. The man is legitimately strong, and looks like he could tear your spinal cord from your rectum. And quite frankly... Well, that just looksw cool.

Now then, his promo skills are far better than Goldberg's when he started. And quite frankly, that's all Mark Henry really needs. Hell, just keep him in a tweener role for a while, and have him beat up anybody who gets in his way. Have him face any heel or babyface, and just let him destroy them. If Creative books this man properly (That is, as a living, breathing beast), then this will go far for them, and for WWE. I like this move. And I'm interested to see where it goes.

Mark Henry!? What the shit!?! I'm happy to see the guy FINALLY getting a chance...he joined the then WWF in what? 1996??? And they've done jack all with him except for that horrid "Sexual Chocolate" wrestlecrap with Mae Young and their "baby" which turned out to be a prosthetic hand covered in gummi-worms!

But...and this is a BIG BUT...He won't last as a top tier WWE star. He doesn't have the in ring skills, the mic skills, or even the look that fans will respect as their Champion. I'm psyched to see someone new on my TV screen on Monday nights...but I'd much rather see someone that WILL last in the main event get his shot...Why send Matt Hardy to SD??? He was building some steam on RAW, even with his cast(He should've kept it like Bob Orton)...Guys that can go in that ring and make the product worth watching is what they gotta do...Sorry...the "World's Sloppiest Big Man" isn't gonna put asses in the seats!

Ok before you start bashing just hear me out... Ever since Henry won the ECW title way back when he had some good matches and a great fued with matt hardy.. He had a really good run... And then just recently when he made the debut on RAW he made a great first impression... Once his music hit the crowd was excited then when he stopped the count and smiled the crowd was behind him 100% and did a really good job in the match... I don't think he's talentless but I feel like ecw helped him progress and become comfortable in a character.. I hope henry stay as face and keeps the push... I'd like to see him change things on raw with the heavyweight title picture.. I was never a big fan of his but I gave him a chance and I'm excited he's on raw and think big show should go to ecw and get what henry got..

Lol now u can all bash me and henry haha

Well were to start, I too enjoyed his return to RAW, and I do believe that this is the WWE's chance to make him a comedic babyface to maybe work with someone like Santino (since he cannot dress like a woman anymore), but as long as he isn't pushed as a main event player because there is already to much going on without creative trying to build the world strongest man.

Ok before you start bashing just hear me out... Ever since Henry won the ECW title way back when he had some good matches and a great fued with matt hardy.. He had a really good run... And then just recently when he made the debut on RAW he made a great first impression... Once his music hit the crowd was excited then when he stopped the count and smiled the crowd was behind him 100% and did a really good job in the match... I don't think he's talentless but I feel like ecw helped him progress and become comfortable in a character.. I hope henry stay as face and keeps the push... I'd like to see him change things on raw with the heavyweight title picture.. I was never a big fan of his but I gave him a chance and I'm excited he's on raw and think big show should go to ecw and get what henry got..

Lol now u can all bash me and henry haha

I completely agree with you. I was at that raw and the crowd was hot for him. He will be a great addition if he is added to the title picture. He doesn't have to win it but just him being there is good. In my opinion he does good as a face.. I think he will continue to have the crowd behind and me as well.

I've been rooting for Henry for a while, as far as hoping he would become a better wrestler anyway.

I think that ending of RAW was good for him, and his confidence.

One of the few good things (IMO) WWE has going for it, is it's ECW program. It's allowing wrestlers to get back in the groove or for new guys to adapt to the TV exposure. I think Mark's ECW run was good for him, and helped him get used to working in the ring and more on the mic.

He will never be very charismatic, but hopefully he can use his actions to speak for him. I'm rooting for the World's Strongest Man!

Henry has ALWAYS actually been a decent big guy wrestler. I love his aggression, his intensity, and even his movement.

Lack of good pushes and storyline is what gave him a bad rap.

Now that hes on Raw, I hope that they do something with him. Us title reign or something. Even have a longer match with Orton and see what he can do with a Orton calibur fued

Yes exactly... Listen I know he not the best in the ring or the mic but he's good... And I know everyone is tired of hhh and orton every single ppv... Have henry thrown in as breath of fresh air... He doesn't have to win it but have him be the face and be the bully... Give the guy a shot he has deserved it...

i really hope Henry breaks up this orton/cena/hhh 3 way all the time. Henry just needs to lose tony atlas. I want to see him destroy orton even though he prob wont win the title.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back