Hornswaggle & Mark Henry

I haven't watched a full episode of RAW in a very long time. I'll dabble in it here and there but find it very hard to sit in front of a TV for 2+ hours watching it.

Lately I seem to only tune in to watch the Chavo/Hornswaggle trash so I am current as to that storyline (or whatever it can be considered). Last week, I saw the debut of "Markswaggle". And this week I had to...privlige? of seeing Mark Henry & Hornswaggle v. Legacy.

Why is Mark Henry with Hornswaggle?!?

I understand that they want to test the waters with Mark Henry being a face, and he was getting the cheers after he distroyed Randy Orton, they didn't need Horswaggle to put him over the top did they?

And if they wanted to put Hornswaggle with someone, why not put him back with Finlay, at least there was some logic behind and I could see them as a team who has something in common. Why is Mark Henry being thrown on the Hornswaggle wagon? There is NOTHING that to associate the two being together.

they simply do not have anything else to put him in right now. I think after the MVP/Swagger feud we will see a Henry/Swagger Feud. Until then they are just placing him in a resting position. I noticed no Santino on RAW, could this possibly be the end for Santino and his humor he brings to RAW. I certainly enjoy that then the hornswoggle stuff.

I would like to see Henry get away from Hornswoggle (no long term good can come from association with Horny in my opinion, as Chavo can attest) because in recent weeks they had done a decent job of building Mark up as a half viable performer, and I feel he would be more useful in a serious role. Why have Henry go over Orton, Rhodes, Jericho and such only to have him reduced to a comedy act? It doesn't make a whole lot of sense...Hornswoggle and Santino are enough comedy for a two hour show surely.

the only time that mark henry would have been good for comedy was during the storyline with mae young and the hand situation...now hes definitely a better heel than a face

I said out loud last night that as long as Mark Henry stays dominant, I didn't mind this. However, Henry stupidly tagged Hornswoggle in, leaving him to be destroyed by Ted. This doesn't play well with me. Henry does not need to be teamed with a midget. This is unneccessary. Mark Henry needs to be the destructive force on Raw, the guy you fight when you piss off the wrong person. He does not need to be the Kool-Aid Man. I don't need a title run or a Main Event push for Henry, but if he is not a monster destroying people, he is useless.

I didn't watch much ECW when Mark and Finlay were feuding, but didn't Mark try to squash little Horny a few times? I would like to see Mark get a legit run as a dominant big man, who wins some big matches. He doesn't need to have the title. Whats next for Mark, a Mae Young mark henry reunion?

This actually could work out well for Henry if done correctly. First off he should NEVER tag in Hornswoggle. Henry should just dominate the entire match and single handedly win every tag match. This would make him look incredibly dominate.

A month ago Mark Henry came onto RAW with huge momentum after dominating Randy Orton in his debut. Now we see him tagging with Hornswoggle. I really hope that this duo ends next week, because the last thing Mark Henry needs is to be pairing with Hornswoggle. He could be a serious competitor in the upper tier of RAW, but if he stays on this track it will be an awkward series of matches with the leprechaun.

I thought it was a smart move for a one-time teaming. Two-time, I'm not sure about

Hornswoggle is over. Massively over. Ridiculously over. Henry is starting his face run and is getting decent pops, but nothing extremely strong. Pairing him with someone so over would only contribute to these pops, and if done for the short term won't kill Henry's character. I got a chuckle out of Markswoggle last week, but this week was kind of wearing. If they end it by next week, I believe it will have helped solidify Henry as a face.

Crap. I was about to make a thread about this.

Simply, Henry/Hornswaggle...both individually and collectively...are the most entertaining entities in WWE at the moment. I tune in looking forward to whatever segment Hornswaggle has with Chavo...and for some reason...it just never gets old. It's very comical, and I find it to be better than any other segments that Raw has to offer. I was hoping that Henry would have been put into a triple-threat with Orton and Cena at SS after he held the beat the clock time for so long...but I'm holding out for them to do something good with him at one of the smaller PPVs.

I'm marking out for both of these guys considerably...and I hope you all start to, as well.

The Mark Henry and Hornswoggle pairing doesn't make sense to me at all. Wasn't not long ago on ECW Henry was trying to destroy Finley and Hornswoggle? I think it's a shame that wwe is treating Henry in this manner and should just let him go out and beat up heels if they want to push him as a face. I am sorry but Hornswoggle is not good for the wwe and to use him to destroy Chavo and to punish his family is sickening to watch as a wrestling fan.

I'm sorry but :wtf: you mean after that great reaction when Henry squashed Orton on RAw a few weeks ago he is now being forced to play lacky to Hornswoggle someone who should not even be in the WWE. I had hopes for Henry but I see just like his and Chavo's carrer are going down the drain fast. :disappointed:

I'm sorry but :wtf: you mean after that great reaction when Henry squashed Orton on RAw a few weeks ago he is now being forced to play lacky to Hornswoggle someone who should not even be in the WWE. I had hopes for Henry but I see just like his and Chavo's carrer are going down the drain fast. :disappointed:

Why doesn't Hornswaggle deserve to be in WWE? He gets a better reaction than ANY other superstar on the Raw roster. FACT.

When I went to Summerslam last year, I specifically remember a WHOLE lot of Hornswaggle hats being worn in the audience. To take Hornswaggle out of WWE would be a rancid idea if Vince likes making money and attracting viewers. FACT.

Why doesn't Hornswaggle deserve to be in WWE? He gets a better reaction than ANY other superstar on the Raw roster. FACT.

When I went to Summerslam last year, I specifically remember a WHOLE lot of Hornswaggle hats being worn in the audience. To take Hornswaggle out of WWE would be a rancid idea if Vince likes making money and attracting viewers. FACT.

Ok I can see where you are coming from however he gets the best reaction of anyone on the RAW roster, I don't think so. Look at it like this without Hornswaggle on the roster it would give all the mid carders like Henry, a a legit match with the likes of a Cena, a Orton etc., and a chance to move their carrers and some of their merchandise to the people but instead they are sharring/losing a spot to someone who may be entertaining but never will be what most of us still watch for, alegit wrestler that could one day be WWE/World Champion.

You don't think so, eh? Watch Raw like the last several weeks, and the most consistently positive reaction is for Hornswaggle. It's there.

And why does this mean that Henry is getting buried? He's in segments with the most over babyface on the show. They are trying to get Henry a babyface run. There isn't currently a program for him. Why not give him a rub with the most over babyface on Raw?

It makes complete and total sense. Henry will be fine...and likely better in the long-run.

Well I can see where that could lead in the future. It just seems like to me that being paired with someone like Hornswaggle it makes it seem like he has lost a little bit of the edge we are used to seeing Henry have. I just think that there could be a better way to give him a babyface run without having him having to team with someone who is manily there for entertainment value only.

Fire Hornswaggle Please fire Hornswaggle he was funny as a heel when he would bite Cole and take JBL's hat but as a face i hate him how is Chovo ever going to be serious agian. for the reast of his Career hi will be the one who lost to the little person. Chavo has been wresling for as long as i can rember he does not deserve to loose to Hornswaggle the same way he doesn't deserve to push Vicky Gurraro around in a wheelchear.
Mark henry has been a heel for so long looseing to everyone. Then finley He gets to Be a face and win a few matches and what do they do? Make him the world Strongest lepacon while it was a little funny in the end it was retarted. Mark has earned more.
so fire Hornswaggle he hurts the cread of anyone he is around. If wwe must keep him move him to smackdown to fight with rey mysterio then atleast he would be able to pick on someone his owne size.

I have to say I've been watching these developments with some interest (and quite a few belly-laughs) and I have to say that this pairing, especially given the direction that Mark Henry is going as a face, makes sense in a strange sort of way. We saw that this new side of Henry has something of a silly side to it. We see it in his huge grin and the way he directs the audience's cheers whenever he wins. This is entertaining, this is funny, this is a huge guy who's willing to play a little. I know many enjoyed him more as a heel, but after one has done the whole caveman-like "Ugg, Mark Henry Smash!" thing for a while, it wears on an audience. Gets old. In my opinion, after Mark Henry dropped the title to Matt Hardy, it was already getting old and after he finished with the Finley Feud, I personally was sick of it.

I like this new humor injected into Henry's character and his association with Hornswoggle just kind of brings that out. It puts over the change in Henry's personality.

There's one other practical reason for putting these two together. Hornswoggle needs a big protector. We saw what happens when he doesn't have that at the end of the "Illigitimate McMahon" storyline. The audience will not believe Hornswoggle holding his own by himself. He had Goldust watching his back for a while, but after he left, someone else needed to step in and who better than Mark Henry who had just turned face?

Ok I can see where you are coming from however he gets the best reaction of anyone on the RAW roster, I don't think so. Look at it like this without Hornswaggle on the roster it would give all the mid carders like Henry, a a legit match with the likes of a Cena, a Orton etc., and a chance to move their carrers and some of their merchandise to the people but instead they are sharring/losing a spot to someone who may be entertaining but never will be what most of us still watch for, alegit wrestler that could one day be WWE/World Champion.

I'm not a fan of Hornswaggle. Never have been, never will be. I understand why he is in the WWE because the kids love him and his merch sells big. WWE is a business and business' love money and will do anything and everything to make more of it.

That being said, I don't think Hornswaggle is the one thats holding back Mark Henry, MVP, The Miz or the rest of the mid-card like you suggest. He's Hornswaggle, not HHH.

Moving on, this thread is not about if Hornswaggle should or shouldn't be in the WWE, its about if pairing Mark Henry (or anyone else for that matter) with Horny is a good career move for said wrestler.

Horny does provide the accompanied wrestler instant pop. But at what cost for the wrestler? And Mark Henry and Hornswaggle have no connection at all. Finly and Horny I understood. Horny and Goldust/Festus etc. sure. Horny and Markswaggle, pass!

PS. I would love to see Hornswaggle turn heel in the future and be dark and creepy. Pretty much he could be the leprechaun equivilant of Evil Clown Doink.

I think I might like the Mark Henry/Hornswoggle pairing. It looks like I am in the minority here, but I like Hornswoggle. Not necessarily his ability as a wrestler, but he's a "feel-good" kind of personality. He makes me smile. On the other hand, I've never been a fan or Mark Henry. He has always been extremely boring to me. The pairing between Henry and Hornswoggle was definately unexpected and it does give us a fresh perspective on Mark Henry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back