The Dark Knight Rises- Confirmed casting news.

Super Hans

we we we so excited, we so excited.
from totalfilm.com

The Dark Knight Rises casting speculation can officially end right now - Warner Brothers have confirmed that Anne Hathaway will be playing Selina Kyle, aka Catwoman, while Tom Hardy has been confirmed as Bane.
Catwoman has long been a fan favourite for Rises - despite that Halle Berry film - and Hathaway has been a front runner during recent casting calls.
In the comics the character is high class cat burglar of questionable moral character who forms a complex love/hate romance with Bruce Wayne/Batman.
Hardy, who was cast before Christmas and thought to be attatched to any number of roles, will play Bane, who - unlike the joke of a character portrayed in 1997's Batman & Robin - is actually a genius military strategist and fearsome soldier driven insane by the super soldier serum 'venom'.
Bane famously broke Batman's spine during a confrontation in the Knightfall saga in the early 1990s, forcing Bruce Wayne to relinquish the mantle of the bat for a time.
Christopher Nolan stated, “I am thrilled to have the opportunity to work with Anne Hathaway, who will be a fantastic addition to our ensemble as we complete our story.”

On working again with Tom Hardy, Nolan said, “I am delighted to be working with Tom again and excited to watch him bring to life our new interpretation of one of Batman’s most formidable enemies.”
This news couldn't have come at a better time, with 2012's other superhero movies gathering all the column inches in recent weeks.
We're particularly excited about the announcement that Bane will be the villain - and seeing Hardy bring the monster to life - might we be seeing the long-awaited adaptation of Knightfall? We can only hope.
The Dark Knight Rises is released July 20 2012.

Thoughts on this?

Well Hathaway's casting was pretty much the reason I expected Catwoman to appear, someone to play the love interest element. Because Hathaway has close resemblance to Katie Holmes, this is more than likely going to be Bruce Wayne pursuing her because he thinks he's seen a ghost, he's going after Catwoman because of his love for Rachel and somehow thinks she's alive.

Hardy as Bane sounds superb, the Knightfall saga sounds right, it definitely reminds me of the animated episode which had Bane being hired by Gordon to chase down Batman after the death of Barbara. So I think this will be interesting as you'll have Catwoman playing the element of love but taking advantage of no-Batman while Bane will be used to track him down. I'm looking forward to this!

Tom Hardy is the best choice there is for Bane. He's shown over and over again that he can convey both brilliance and sheer madness within the same role, and he certainly looks the part, once he gets into shape. Hardy is a very good actor and is undisputedly the right choice for Bane. I am a little concerned about how Nolan will use the character (is it going to be Knightfall or is he going somewhere totally new with the character?). Anne Hathaway is an interesting casting choice also. She certainly looks the part, but I'm more interested to see how they use Kyle, and if it's going to be as only a love interest or if she plays Catwoman.

(Sigh)

Anne Hathaway as Catwoman/Selina Kyle? Sounds good, run with it, you can't really go wrong with Kyle's character to be honest, so long as Bats never actually catches her.

But Bane? And i don't mean Tom Hardy AS Bane, just Bane in general, really?

Bane's character has literally had 1, and i do mean 1, shining moment in his entire comic book career. He crippled The Batman....... temporarily, and the got his ass handed to him by Azrael, and has done a thing since unless you include joining the Secret Six (buy it, read it, love it).

Bane is to Batman, what Doomsday is to Superman. He's not really a massive threat, he just caught the hero by surprise on a really shitty day once, and managed to beat ten sacks of shit out of him, but in the long term, achieved literally nothing.

I loved the character in Knightfall, but he won't be anything like that Bane, nor will he be anything like the weird ass Bane who's obsessed with being Scandal Savage's new father figure.

It'll be miles better than Bane from 'Batman & Robin', but it's going to be a completely different take on the hulking monster that was born in Santa Prisca prison and spent 10 years watching the Batman before he even set foot in Gotham.

I would sooooooo have preferred Hugo Strange or Deadshot (loves me some Floyd Lawton), because as i just explained in the 'Best/Worst Film: Comic Book' thread, i think it's better fr the franchise overall if they use villains they've never used before.

Everyone's going to watch a movie with the Joker in it, that's a given, but you really think people would have gone and seen a Batman movie where the lead villains were Ra's Al Ghul and the Scarecrow? Especially when they never hyped the fact that those two were even in it? Hell even Mr. Zsasz appears in Batman Begins!

And yet, here we are with The Dark Knight Rises, with Catwoman (again) and Bane (again, albeit with a respectful take on the character this time), when personally, i think Hugo Strange uncovering the Batman's identity and 'the deadliest man on Earth with a gun' Deadshot providing the action, could have been a better movie.

Ahhhhh, who am i kidding? We all know i'm gonna go watch it anyway.......

The title certainly comes into sense now... I think it's clear at some point in this movie Bane will severely injure Bruce/Batman, so he can rise again...

Casting wise, I think Tom Hardy can pull this off, he looked good in Bronson and can play the intelligent Bane for sure.

I think Hathaway could be a bit too cute for Catwoman, she's not your usual smouldering temptress... but I think she could certainly pull the duality side of things off... a meek Selina Kyle is her normal movie persona...

Maybe in the film Bane will be a mercenrary who gets hired by the FBI to take down Batman because he is public enemy #1 and must be stopped by all means. But he goes off thed deep end to do his own evil stuff. Just an idea, least likely to happen.

I personally think Hathaway is a good choice. She's come a long way since her Disney days and this is a chance for her to really shine in a blockbuster movie. I've never been into the comics or even the cartoon so Bane is not someone I know a lot about. I know he's super strong and was portrayed as like, Poison Ivy's bitch in one of the shatty Batman movies. Whatever. Nolan I'm sure will do fine if he doesn't pull a Sam Raimi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back