The Bullshiting About Comics Thread w/ Justin & Friends

Grayson issue 2 was confusing. I like it.

Speaking of confusing is anyone getting multiversity?

I love how before he was confirmed everyone was saying he would suit Lobo or Black Adam. Now he's confirmed he's shit casting.

I think he's a great choice.

Agreed. I think Rock was a very good choice for this. Plus I want to see how he pulls off a villainous role as opposed to the heroic ones he is used to. Looking forward to this.

I love how before he was confirmed everyone was saying he would suit Lobo or Black Adam. Now he's confirmed he's shit casting.

I think he's a great choice.
Who the fuck said he'd play a good Lobo?

Lobo's just not in the Rock's acting repertoire. I'm more likely to see him as Aquaman than Lobo.

Lobo was one of characters he was in talks with DC about playing, he tweeted out like a year ago that rumors of him being in talks for a Lobo role in an upcoming DC film were true, obviously that fell through, most likely because nobody at DC right now gives two shits about Lobo.

Probably not, I don't like Deadpool, especially in large doses, I find the character to be too obnoxious & annoying, & not the slightest bit entertaining.

Fair enough, I'm not exactly thrilled that Reynolds is involved as there a dozens of others that would fit plus he's 0-4 for comic book movies but the fact they're willing to take a gamble before X-Men Apocalypse even happens has me excited regardless.

Actually Reynolds isn't confirmed yet, just rumored as always, here's to hoping they get someone else.

Deadpool is pretty good when he's offset by a serious, perhaps overly serious character. When they indulge Deadpool too much in the goofy adventures he goes on and there's no ceiling for the crazy, it quickly spirals out of control until it's practically meaningless nonsense. When they stick him with a Cable or Punisher or Norman Osbourne type character, it creates a nice dichotomy.

Reynolds has bad luck with superhero movies, but I wouldn't write him off as Deadpool yet. He was pretty good for the first 5 minutes of Wolverine Origins, and he's got the cocky, quick wit that Deadpool makes use of.

For me this movie will live or die by the plot, which I suppose sounds kind of obvious, but considering that many superhero movies get by on pure character power alone (Iron Man, The Amazing Spider-Man, Thor), I don't think the Deadpool character can carry the film without a solid plot for him to play off of. If the whole movie is just about Deadpool going on a zany adventure with the goal being a lifetime supply of chimichangas (if that's the plot, you all owe me a coke), then fuck it. If they give him a real villain that does villainous things that gets you to really hate him, and Deadpool fights with the villain for a reason beyond chimichangas and because the script called for it, the movie could work.

Things I want from the movie: Hydra Bob.

It is gonna lead into the splintered off Marvel movies they have planned (Dr.Strange, etc) so that should tie everything in nicely.

Question is, how will this play out in the later team-up movies like Avengers 3 & how many awesome battle scenes will we get? Not sure how close to the comics they are gonna keep. I read somewhere that if RDJ coming back falls through, then Marvel is going to go with someone else to lead the Pro-Reg team.

There will be a Green Arrow movie for sure.

One movie I really want is JSA.

So Fantasic Four comic has been cancelled.

Someone on Twitter said it would be hilarious if Fox sold the rights to Warner Bros.

What a busy day with all these announcements. Where do I put my face??

And who do you cast as Black Bolt. Lord, I'm getting ahead of myself.

Exciting times, but that and DC finally getting on the scene may see the superhero bubble burst.

Or maybe not.

It's also good that accross the two companies we're getting two female leads and two black leads. #Diversity

Am I the only one reading Multiversity?

Only thing from DC I'm currently reading is Batman.

I've dropped a lot of books lately, & decided to trade wait on most of them, I am reading Punisher, Black Widow, All New X-Men, Black Science, & the aforementioned Batman, that's pretty much it though.

Yeah I'm readign Grayson and Multiversity. May get Batman for the current 6 issue story going on.

Multiversity is great due to it being the obscure Earth number 43 type characters. Really different feel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back