The Best Zack Ryder Suggestion Ever

JGlass

Unregistered User
Seriously, this is the best suggestion for Zack Ryder ever. It will make him relevant for the long run, it'll give him a role to play on a weekly basis, and it could even elevate him to the title picture.

It incorporates the talents of Zack Ryder with the brilliance of the superstars of yesteryear and a gimmick that is as old as the dawn of man... love.

It all starts with Rosa Mendez getting bullied by LayCool and friends, with Zack Ryder coming out to make the save. Over the next few weeks, Zack will defend Rosa's honor in matches against various superstars on the Smackdown roster, just barely winning them all. Eventually, Rosa falls in love with Zack after he refuses to tap out before losing to Alberto Del Rio, and she kisses him. The announcers and the WWE start to bill Zack Ryder and Rosa Mendez as the second first couple of the WWE, an allusion to Randy Savage and Miss Elizabeth.

From there, Ryder could feud with various heels on Smackdown with Rosa playing his timid, innocent, but fiercely loyal valet/girlfriend. They can take the characters of Randy Savage and Miss Elizabeth and update them to the 21st century. Instead of an over the top nut like the Macho Man, you have an over the top Guido in Ryder. Elizabeth was an absolute beauty, a babe who stood by her man even when he treated her wrong. Rosa is a beautiful woman, but as women have become more and more independent over the years, maybe she could play a more pivotal role in Ryder's career, helping him to win matches and keeping him in line when he starts to step out of it.

From here there are plenty of things you can do with this storyline. You can have Ryder feud with midcard talents, you can turn him heel and have him betray Rosa and hire the managerial services of Vickie Guerrero (this generation's Sensational Sherri), or maybe have Rosa be tempted by a Drew McIntyre type but have Ryder fight for his woman. The possibilities are endless.

We haven't had a really great couple storyline in the WWE since Edge and Lita split up, and I think this has the potential to give us just that. Ryder, while not the best in the ring, is a solid worker and shares some similarities to Randy Savage, one half of the greatest couple in wrestling history. Both men were creative and extremely dedicated to their wild characters. If given the chance, Zack Ryder could make this sort of gimmick great.

Sorry but this storyline seemed to have been done recently with McIntyre and Kelly Kelly. It got nowhere fast because they didn't want to pull the trigger and make McIntyre face. I doubt they want to turn Ryder face as he is doing well for himself as a low card heel.

I don't exactly know how you'd bill them as "The First Couple" w/ Daniel Bryan and Gail Kim around at the moment or the fact that Vickie Guerrero is with Dolph Ziggler.

The other thing is with Zack Ryder's promos on "The Real Long Island Island" story with Long Island Iced Z conjures up an almost "Dude Love"-like character. Kind of the character that one would create in their backyard. The problem is that Jerry Lawler told him that Jackie Fargo said, "Hey Kid... Funny = No Money."

I almost think that Zack Ryder should be put in a goofy character role to elevate someone else. What I mean by that is let someone like a Luke Gallows come in as "the heater" ala Diesel in the Diesel/HBK combination. You have Zack Ryder go on a winning streak all because this guy on the outside does the dirty work and Zack Ryder just gets built up that way till they decide to have the two of them feud with good reason because Zack Ryder is stealing all the spotlight from this guy on the outside whoever they would decide. Zack even came up with a great name for him in "Hans Soul-Bro."

Though you run into the problem that Brian Guerwitz might hear you talking about Hans Soul-Bro and Kevin Dunn would say, "Hey, can we get some Hornswoggle in there as "Master Bro-Da?"

Though Long Island Iced Z, Hans Soul-Bro and Master Bro-Da could make for some fairly entertaining segments. Though not exactly sure who they would feud with.

I don't care for your idea, OP. I wish I could add more to that, but I simply can't. I'm pullin' for Zack to become relevent, though. He's one of the very few WWE characters with an actual gimmick. And when I say that, I'm eluding to the old days when lots of WWE characters had an "out there" gimmick to portray. However, I think his gimmick will lead to him ultimately failing to become important.

Zack does have an almost cartoonish gimmick. The problem I see is that the whole "Jersey Shore guido" thing is just another passing fad. If Ryder has to commit to that gimmick, 100%, he's going to be eventually looked at as a guy holding onto a long dead fad. That simply won't do. McMahon has several decent talents in his lower-mid card scene, and Ryder is one of them. Some of these guys could possibly get over if they were given some screen time or a gimmick "tweak", and I feel that Ryder fits into that conversation as well.

Ryder can stick to his character, but it shouldn't envelope him totally. His being a guido should only be one facet of who he is. If they can figure out how to package him as a legitimate threat who just so happens to be a guido, that'd be cool, but they aren't doing that. He has been packaged as a cartoonish/ridiculous Jersey Shore guido, and it isn't going to work for him in the long term.

LOLLOLOLOLOL @ this thread!!!!!!!!

funny how passionate the zach ryder fans are, all 6 of them. They think he should be the next champ. He might deserve more then whats hes getting but come one you cant be serious with this whole second couple or whatever theres been hundreds already. Nice dream tho

I hardly think he should be the WWE champion. Though have you watched his Youtubes? It's hard to argue that the guy isn't entertaining.

Number two, I don't think he's a Jersey Shore rip-off. He's representing Long Island and is the WOO WOO WOO KID.

He could very much play a role like The Godfather that is all about having a good time. That's the problem that people think everyone has to be dominant. The beauty is in the struggle... If everyone had their way, there wouldn't of been a WM moment of a boy achieving his boyhood dream because they'd just throw him the title.

I believe Ryder can develop into something special. Though like I said if he lead an Oddities like group under the "Bro" banner with Hans Soul Bro and Master Bro-Da, etc. It could be pretty hilarious.

JGlass, you've got a pretty creative plan here and I would love to watch it happen. Even though I'm not really a Ryder fan, I see his appeal and would like to see more of him. The WWE writing staff would be wise to take notes from this post.

I just don't think that WWE creative really has bigger plans for Zach Ryder...which is a shame. I think Zach will probably end up being future endeavored sooner than later.

So I don't like your idea its been done too many times before and like others said it could be done no problem with a bunch of other couples currently together. What I don't understand is why is there such an obsession with Zack Ryder? I see so many posters saying he needs to get pushed what is the big deal about this guy?

Sorry but this storyline seemed to have been done recently with McIntyre and Kelly Kelly. It got nowhere fast because they didn't want to pull the trigger and make McIntyre face. I doubt they want to turn Ryder face as he is doing well for himself as a low card heel.

You're not grasping the concept of the "Second First Couple of the WWE". The real appeal to these characters would be that they are a 21st century version of Randy Savage and Miss Elizabeth. Besides the fact that Drew McIntyre is male and Kelly Kelly is female, they had nothing in common with Savage and Elizabeth. Also, Zack would be a face, Drew started his program out as a heel.

I don't exactly know how you'd bill them as "The First Couple" w/ Daniel Bryan and Gail Kim around at the moment or the fact that Vickie Guerrero is with Dolph Ziggler.

The love shared by Zack Ryder and Rosa Mendez would put every other couple to shame. That's how the WWE would bill them as the SECOND first couple of the WWE. It's very important that they are the SECOND first couple.

The other thing is with Zack Ryder's promos on "The Real Long Island Island" story with Long Island Iced Z conjures up an almost "Dude Love"-like character. Kind of the character that one would create in their backyard. The problem is that Jerry Lawler told him that Jackie Fargo said, "Hey Kid... Funny = No Money."

I disagree with the funny=no money theory, but that's not the point. This story isn't about being funny, it's about reliving a classic.

LOLLOLOLOLOL @ this thread!!!!!!!!

funny how passionate the zach ryder fans are, all 6 of them. They think he should be the next champ. He might deserve more then whats hes getting but come one you cant be serious with this whole second couple or whatever theres been hundreds already. Nice dream tho

Clearly your reading comprehension skills blow, because you totally missed the overall concept, and the part where I said that while there have been many couples, none of them have matched the magnitude of Savage and Elizabeth. With a little effort, this program would be a success.

And it's quite obvious that Ryder has many more than 6 fans. It seems like almost everyone on this forum has at least a little love for the guy, some more than others. I wouldn't classify myself as a big time Ryder fan, but I definitely appreciate his dedication and think he should be utilized to the best of his abilities.

You're not grasping the concept of the "Second First Couple of the WWE". The real appeal to these characters would be that they are a 21st century version of Randy Savage and Miss Elizabeth. Besides the fact that Drew McIntyre is male and Kelly Kelly is female, they had nothing in common with Savage and Elizabeth. Also, Zack would be a face, Drew started his program out as a heel.

What exactly is the "Second First Couple of the WWE"? The key to your idea is to have a female that the WWE fans actually CARE about. Rosa is not the diva to do it. I would say Kelly Kelly is more similar to Elizabeth than Rosa. McIntyre will be more convincing as the jealous rage monster than Ryder. I really think WWE tried to do the story earlier in the year and it just didn't go that far because the crowd didn't buy into it due to the terrible acting by both. I am sure Ryder and Rosa's acting are not leaps better so why would WWE want to try the same thing again?

sorry OP but i wouldnt want to watch that. i havent seen ryder on tv since his edgehead days (except maybe once or twice on accident when he had one legged pants on) so i dont even think he is relevant anymore.

and rosa...omg how can anyone find that thing attractive??? this is a true story: the first 3 or 4 times i saw her on tv i swore it was a man and tried to convinve everyone in the room that she was a man and it will be revealed later to everyones surprise. boy...was i wrong. that thing really was born female. i was speechless.

ryder is not macho man, he is a wrestler who will forever be remembered for his days as edge's lackey and a wannabe jersey shore guy with gimmick pants. rosa is not elizabeth nor could she ever be. we have seen her violent, angry, wrestling, etc. elizabeth was just a pure beauty who played the innocent fair maiden role perfectly.

savage/elizabeth was lightning in a bottle. it cant be recreated. especially with low card jobbers.

Besides the fact that Drew McIntyre is male and Kelly Kelly is female, they had nothing in common with Savage and Elizabeth.

There is one other important aspect the two teams have in common: the guy is a heel and the woman is a face. That's a departure from most of the past man-woman pairings in wrestling and always leads to the question of who's going to turn who.

Honestly, if WWE is going to run with this, I'd rather see Drew and Kelly in it. That the company seems to have abandoned the program disappointed me because there were so many ways they could go with it...... just as you pointed out with Ryder and Rosa. But I find Drew and Kelly to be far more compelling personalities and a more attractive couple.

whilst i don't love the idea itself, it's one of the better and most likely ways of getting zack pushed. i think ryder is amazing. his mic skills are great, his ring work is solid and he's incredibly entertaining (just check his youtube account). i don't see much of ryder seeing as he's usually on superstars and i have no idea when that shows here in the UK (plus, i don't want to have to sit through a 6 diva tag match. we see enough of those on raw)
also, to all the people who say about being a jersey shore rip off, i hadn't heard anything about jersey shore until a few months ago. i never saw it advertised and no one said anything about it. ryder's been doing this gimmick a while now. and it seems like it's not entirely a gimmick. in his youtube videos he seems like he's just acting like a slightly exaggerated version of himself

It could possibly work, but, first you would have to build Zack's character up. Otherwise, people will just see it as a couple of school kids trying to defend themselves against the school bullies.

I must admit, best Zack Ryder suggestion I've heard yet.

I like the idea but why Zack Ryder? I think there are better superstars for this type of angle. A couple obvious choices (if you turn them face) would be Cody Rhodes, Ted DiBiase Jr., or even one of the members of Nexus when they come back if Nexus is done after Wrestlemania. I think Joe Henning would be a good choice as he can wrestle but really has no gimmick yet. Ryder already has a goofball woo woo woo gimmick so it would be tough to take him seriously, at first at least. This is an angle that could really get somebody over so I just wouldn't want it to be wasted on Ryder.

something definitely needs to be done with zack ryder. i dont know if it needs to involve divas though. hear me out.

rewind back a couple years or so...

just before the draft broke up the hawkins/ryder team, those guys were making their own youtube videos of themselves at a bar, talking to girls, etc. ryder was over the top "woo woo woo" and hawkins was the annoyed, embarrassed friend. they were silly and short lived, but i thought that based on the strength of those videos and the current slump that both hawkins and ryder STAY in... they should revive hawkins/ryder as a tag team. they could legitimately do well in the tag division. i think the two of them need eachother. surely after seeing eachother on superstars every week (doing nothing) they've thought about it. i know they would pair better than zack and primo. not hating on primo.

This angle could work very well but I don't think Zack's gimmick would sell the story unless you put a heel twist to your suggestion.

For example Zack could go onto Smackdown one night to proclaim his love for Rosa, at first Rosa would deny and reject Zack. A disgruntled and depressed Zack decides to take out his emotion on anyone in the Smackdown Backstage, lets say.... Trent Beretta. After defeating Trent cleanly and cheap, he uses his rediscovered courage to charm Rosa. Again Rosa denies him, tells Ryder he needs to win against stars much bigger than him. Then Zack proceeds to attack bigger guys like Chris Masters and Tyler Reks.

Overall I love your suggestion and it is much better than what the 'E could think up for Zack Ryder who is doing pretty much nothing with his career right now.

I'm not a fan of wrestling couples tbh, they've done this way too much lately with Santino, Ted, Drew to name a few. It seems a lazy way of booking to me when they don't have anything worthwhile for an individual
He could very much play a role like The Godfather that is all about having a good time. That's the problem that people think everyone has to be dominant. The beauty is in the struggle... If everyone had their way, there wouldn't of been a WM moment of a boy achieving his boyhood dream because they'd just throw him the title.

I think this is cracking idea though :worship: Ryder is pretty damn entertaining and he seems like one of those people who fans are just waiting for an excuse to cheer for. I can't buy into him as a cocky heel but the idea of him as a fun loving character surrounded by girls would give him some excellent mic time.

i wil make this short i would be for the idea

And people on this forum sound like morons "o his acting skills cant be that much better" right after saying "i never see Zack Ryder" stop judging shit you dont watch with your own eyes..... yea the WWE has tried it with

Ted and maryse
Drew and kelly
Bryan and Gail

Guess what all 6 of these WWE performes fuckin suck in the charisma department thats why it has not worked not because the angle is bad

How many times has Drew had the chance to shine and completly fucked it up for himself IC tite reigns, Gm feuds, he had a damn bullet proof way to get over with the choosen one gimmick with the backing of VKM on screen and couldnt do shit with it

Ted was in the #1 stable of Raw for over a year attached to the Mainevent for over a year, they brought the million dollar title back for him and dispite all that he couldnt do shit with it and is barely on TV now

Daniel Bryan is a wrestler he needs a ring and a opponent not some psychological storyline

So dont spout trash saying that other guys are better for it like a drew or ted when they have been giving multiple chances with damn near great feuds an spots on the card and now they are jobbers because the couldnt cut the mustard

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back