THE BAND are the New TNA Tag Champs!! Thoughts???

Tha Wolfpac

Hey Yo...
Hey Yo!
This is a great time indeed Tha Wolfpac/Band whatever you like to call them has won the TNA Tag Titles now they won in a pretty shit way but who cares. Now onto my question if didnt know by now imma huge Scott Hall fan and im proud of him not fucking up his latest TNA run so far.
So now that the Tha Wolfpac are TNA Tag Champs where are they heading with this angle and will it be a sucessful run your thoughts people?
Thanks,
.Tha Wolfpac.

I like that they won, I think this will mean more for Morgan to focus on singles gold.

Hall and Nash are tag team legends.. if they are used to put over MCMG then I say do it.

I am proud of Hall (I know there haters around here regarding him) but he has done A LOT to over come his demons.

Since your a hall fan check this out
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rXq_qzT1mI&playnext_from=TL&videos=tcWKx_TP2Ps&feature=sub

Seems like they are courting Brian Kendrick.. but I would assume Sting would join the Band at some point too..

I am shocked that X-pac isn't on TV I wonder what happend for real to him.. I think he is hurt :(

Anyways I have to say I agree with you I would much rather have hall/nash with the straps than the Nasty boys lol

I like that they won the gold, it solidifies them as a unit. What they need is another person to make within the group.

ALL successfull stables made guys.. The nation of domination made the Rock, DX made Triple H, Four Hoursemen Made Ric Flair, Hart Foundation made Bret Hart, etc etc.. Who will the wolf pac make? so far it seems like they are trying to make Eric Young.

and as long as this is the focus then I say it will be a successfull run and will serve its purpose. I mean wolfpac have a reputation of being opportuniests and thats what they did on Thursday LOL

Hall and Nash are tag team legends
I am proud of Hall (I know there haters around here regarding him) but he has done A LOT to over come his demons.
I would much rather have hall/nash with the straps than the Nasty boys lol

Good to see im not the only one they are in fact a legendary tag team

Hell yeah! I have been waiting for Nash to cash in on the Feast or Fired title shot, and it couldn't have come at a better time. Now I only hope that The Band/Wolfpac will be able to hold on to the titles through the summer. Scott Hall is looking to be in good form, and I can't wait to see what happens down the line. The Outsiders LIVE!!!!

not impressed by this move i feel like hogan not only brought hes old friends but also started to give them titles so this is the "young talent push" that he was talking about? whats next maybe hogan will be world champ too I mean come on TNA wtf??

My thoughts of Hall/Nash taking the titles, maybe drop the world title to Eric Young and have hall/nash being his protector of the title kind of like 4 horsemen style, they all protected flair and the title.

it was getting old with Matt Morgan walking around with 2 titles belts and no partner became pradictable with him always attacking his partner after words, they need tag teams to put on matches once that are good.

This doesn't really impress me that much overall. Though I do agree that the titles needed to be removed from Morgan, I just think that there are better and currently more deserving teams in TNA that should have done so. When it comes to quality tag title matches with Hall and Nash, I wouldn't hold my breath nor would I expect much.

I'm actually hoping that they drop the titles tomorrow night to Ink Inc. I'm not really a fan of Ink Inc. right now, maybe they can grow on me a little over time. I do like that they're a young team that's been getting something of a serious push. Some fresh blood I think is needed in the TNA tag team scene as the MCMGs and Generation Me are pretty much used as jobbers these days. However, I'm not expecting Hall and Nash to drop the titles and that's too bad because a broken down 50 and 51 year old aren't going to get me excited about the tag team title situation.

There goes TNA. Why give the titles to them? Oh yeah, they're Hogan's friends. Hogan could be pushing the younger talents but no, he gives the titles to the Over-The-Hillers. MCMG needs the titles or even Ink Inc. They need to push the younger talents because what if one of them gets injured? At their age anything could happen. They need a younger tag team to be champs.

in the last year tna has gone from "having the best tag team division in the wrestling world" to this. (remember the 3d tag team challenge) tna putting together mcmg and beer money inc. a couple years ago was great for tag team wrestling. now its been on a long decline with not enough story telling and teams. tna tag wrestling has hit the bottom with this and i hope it doesn't drag out to long.

raf

I dont think anyone is really trying to see the bigger picture here. Remember two weeks ago when Hall & Nash came out to brawl with the teams and the one that got the better of them was none other than the Machine Guns. I have a feeling this is a way for the Guns to finally get the titles considering they have a history with Nash I think we are going to get some really good promos from both sides.

By the way, I've lost count of how many times they have done something fans don't agree with and people immedietly respond "there goes TNA" and yet they continue to live on. It's ridiculous how many times a week someone goes "TNA's gonna die because they did X."

I don't watch TNA all the time but I guess the theory behind it was Hall and Nash are established and MCMG's couldn't draw money with an art degree.

I can see the point of getting the titles off of Matt Morgan so that he can get into a possible feud with Joe, but in my opinion, Hall and Nash aren't exactly the best team for the gold right now. At most, they should be transitional champions. There's a good selection of teams who could do a helluva job with the gold without giving it to a couple of Hogan's Homies.

For example- Beer Money. Love 'em or hate 'em, you can't deny that they work damn well together and they can elicit a reaction from the crowd. They've been to the top before and they've proven themselves to be a championship-calibre team.

Generation Me. Young, flashy, and anyone who thinks that a team like this can't be champs, let me take you back to the team of London and Kendrick. They got knocked for their size and style too. And look what they did with the gold.

The Guns. Same thing. Shelley and Sabin work well together, they've got the tag act down to a science, and sure, some might say they're not as over as they could be, but put the belts on them and see what happens.

Ink,Inc... way too new to be giving them a run at things yet.

3D- they've been there, done that, now let them build up the newer talent.

The tag division was in disarray with Morgan not actually defending it really so atleast now a team has it sure he had defenses but they were just matches to show him being a loner. Overall, who cares who has the titles. The Band won't hold them for long given they are in very poor physical shape so you'd think anyone with half a brain would book them too lose it quickly.

Then again this is TNA creative we are talking about LOLz

Morgan can go on his merry way back to singles where he should have been all along

He's a funny one, i never really liked him but that whole "we" bit, a mix of Gollum from Lord Of The Rings/The Rock" is actually amusing with the titles being his "precious".

He's definately picked up his game in the past few years.

The band should not be tag team champs, hell they shouldn't even be in TNA. Lets hope this is just a brief swansong before they are wished all the best in their future endevours.

Nash and Hall had their time and their time was nearly 20 years ago..time to hang up the boots boys, having to watch them on my TV each week is embarrassing.

I hope they drop the belts sooner rather than later so TNA can get the tag division back on track...so many good teams...MCMG, Ink Inc, Beer Money, Generation Me.

I think its great. Nash has been solid with TNA for awhile now. Scott Hall has proved himself so far. Who would have thought Syxx Pac would have been the one to no show first?

As for those who say they are Hogans friends and thats why they have the titles..lol I am so sick of hearing this Hogan Hogan Hogan stuff. He is pushing younger talent Aj Styles, Mr. Anderson,Eric Young,Ink Inc., rebirthed Joe, Morggan is likely to get a push now, what more do you want.

Sure he is on Tv but he is a name in the wrestling business. Its not different than seeing McMahon on tv all the time and lets face it he takes up alot of tv time when he is around. Interactions with the owners have been around since the attitude era..Hogan is in the role of TNA owner everyone get over yourselves.

The Band has the tag belts now because the tag titles were in shambles anyway. Matt Morgan was tag champ? Just one guy? C'mon.... Hall/Nash/Young are a creditable heel team for the face teams to fued with. Who would MCMG fued with anyway? Is there even a heel team in TNA?

Generation Me is really the only team that matches there quickness and styles. I guess Ink Inc but really the band plays the villians perfect. If your so blind to see this as a bad move for the Tna tag division then your fools

Just like every other wrestling angle.. it depends what direction they take it in.

I don't mind them winning the belt at all. I really enjoyed the fact that they incorporated the Freebird rule so it allows young to get in there. If they are on their way to feuding with the Gun's than you're going to need EY in there for the Gun's to reach full potential in the those matches. Nothing wrong with Nash n' Hall competing with the guns.. i personally feel both have looked pretty good as of late.. but everyone here knows EY would make the makes more entertaining.

You know the last thing i expectd from these guys was a tag title run, but then come to think of it, its the outsyders, they rule tag team champions, i think its great they have the titles and they will defend it on freebird rule which is ayt, it would have been better if syxx pac was there though....I expect them to have a good run..

i can't say that i liked ending matt morgan's run as tag champ(s). i thought it was amusing.
i also cannot say that i wanted the belts on the outsiders.

but i must admit, the way the whole thing came together was flawless. of course joe would want to squash morgan for his arrogance. and of course the band would use the opportunity to cash in the feast or fired case.

i didn't want any of that to happen, but it is the only thing that makes sense, so they made the correct call on this one

I think provisionally it's a good idea. It depends which way they take it though.

The Freebird Rules thing is a good idea. It means every now and again you're going to get to see EY defend a belt, which can't be a bad thing. Also, if they add another young guy to The Band, you'll get to see him and EY defend the belts instead of the 2 old guys that I love, but others complain about. I think for it to work really well, they do need to add another younger guy with a bit of attitude to the band. Someone who can learn from Hall on the stick. Of course, in the end, the angle will play out to EY taking out The Band as a mole from the inside. That will be his push.

Someone had to take the titles off Morgan, and it's better that it's The Band than Ink Inc or whatever they're calling themselves. In Morgan's defence, I loved the whole "we" thing he was doing. That was really great and that little gimmick made me like him a lot more.

I love Scott Hall, and I am really proud of him for cracking on this time. Also, his Youtube stuff is great.

For Dead-Angel, TheHammerMan, and Star-Ratz,

The Outsiders are one of the (if not the) greatest tag teams of all time. Regardless of whether or not it was "20 years ago" as some of you have inaccurately depicted...they can still perform (perhaps not like they could 15 years ago) and they most certainly hold more personality than all the other tag teams combined.

This "Hogan's giving the belt to his buddies" nonsense needs to stop. They're giving the title belts to a KNOWN and PROVEN legendary tag team so that when one of these lesser talented and mediocre younger tag teams get their push...they will do so beating one of the greatest tag teams of all time...making it THAT much more of a push.

This is a brilliant idea that all of you clearly can't comprehend. My guess is that since you dislike them so much...you're not old enough to understand a lot of things as it is. So I forgive you. But think before you ramble off nonsense from now on.

This helps bring the tag team titles back into the main stream as well. It does a lot of things. The whole reason the tag team titles universally have lost meaning is because there aren't any good ones anymore! They have to start meshing former world champions together to keep it propped up on life support these days. Combining two separate world tag team titles? Pointless.

TNA is doing this the right way because as boring as I think some of their younger wrestlers are...their tag team division is MUCH better than WWE's.

The Band with the tag team titles (Free Bird Style) is great. I love it. Gives a very deserving (last?) title reign for one of the greatest tag teams in the world...and also is used as a catalyst to pick up the tag team division and push the younger (more boring) wrestlers in TNA.

Well done. I applaud this move whole-heartedly.

The Outsiders are one of the (if not the) greatest tag teams of all time. Regardless of whether or not it was "20 years ago" as some of you have inaccurately depicted...they can still perform (perhaps not like they could 15 years ago) and they most certainly hold more personality than all the other tag teams combined.

This "Hogan's giving the belt to his buddies" nonsense needs to stop. They're giving the title belts to a KNOWN and PROVEN legendary tag team so that when one of these lesser talented and mediocre younger tag teams get their push...they will do so beating one of the greatest tag teams of all time...making it THAT much more of a push.

This is a brilliant idea that all of you clearly can't comprehend. My guess is that since you dislike them so much...you're not old enough to understand a lot of things as it is. So I forgive you. But think before you ramble off nonsense from now on.

This helps bring the tag team titles back into the main stream as well. It does a lot of things. The whole reason the tag team titles universally have lost meaning is because there aren't any good ones anymore! They have to start meshing former world champions together to keep it propped up on life support these days. Combining two separate world tag team titles? Pointless.

TNA is doing this the right way because as boring as I think some of their younger wrestlers are...their tag team division is MUCH better than WWE's.

The Band with the tag team titles (Free Bird Style) is great. I love it. Gives a very deserving (last?) title reign for one of the greatest tag teams in the world...and also is used as a catalyst to pick up the tag team division and push the younger (more boring) wrestlers in TNA.

Well done. I applaud this move whole-heartedly.

well said bro ! what i love is them using the Freebird rule because i get to see my man X-Pac get in there and put on a show while having a strap on his waist. i love it....NWOOOOOOOOOO !

Well I'm not entirely sure when exactly we'll see Pac on TV next to be honest.

But yeah, I think it's a good move. Whilst I actually don't agree that all the younger guys are boring, it will still be a good push for whoever takes the straps from The Band. TNA have a good tag division. I love Beer Money. MCMG and Generation Me are both hot young teams. I'm not really keen on Ink Inc, cos that the type of mashed together team I hate. A bloke who can't wrestle, and a flyer who can hardly fly. Long live The Band I say.

...they can still perform (perhaps not like they could 15 years ago)

The fuck?? Kevin Nash couldn't perform 15 years ago and he is even worse now, jesus fuck the guy has less moves than Cena!!
If I was to make a list of the worst wrestlers ever..Kevin Nash would be up somewhere near the top!!
Nash, in addition to having absolutely zero wrestling talent he can't throw a believable punch, works the easiest and safest matches in the world. A few terrible punches, a couple of knee lifts, tag his partner in to do all the work. Which is why I think they have put EY with Hall & Nash...they need someone who can carry them through a match. Seriously Hall & Nash need to think about retiring as they are embarrassing not only themselves but us fans every time they step into the ring.

I am actully happy that the band has the titles. they are a legendary tag team and its good to see hall doing something good for a change. I am also really pumped because I just found out today that TNA IS FINALLLY COMING TO NYC (BROOKLYN to be exact) and i cant wait to get tixx

The fuck?? Kevin Nash couldn't perform 15 years ago and he is even worse now, jesus fuck the guy has less moves than Cena!!
If I was to make a list of the worst wrestlers ever..Kevin Nash would be up somewhere near the top!!
Nash, in addition to having absolutely zero wrestling talent he can't throw a believable punch, works the easiest and safest matches in the world. A few terrible punches, a couple of knee lifts, tag his partner in to do all the work. Which is why I think they have put EY with Hall & Nash...they need someone who can carry them through a match. Seriously Hall & Nash need to think about retiring as they are embarrassing not only themselves but us fans every time they step into the ring.

As opposed to who? Rey Mysterio flip flopping around the ring with a ski mask on? His personality rivals Rob Van Dam's (and many other 'high flyers') for worst in the history of mankind.

I'd much rather see a marketable character (Kevin Nash) with a great personality, a good storyline, and a mediocre match than watch a guy with the personality of a dead moth, a real poor storyline as a result, and a high flying trapeze circus performance. Doesn't interest me. If I solely cared only about "moves" and "high flying" I'd go to the circus or pay a kid to do a few somersaults for me.

Personality which creates a great Storyline > High Flying wrestling moves (and nothing else)

Any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back