The 30 Years of WrestleMania – 30 Man Battle Royal

King Patrick Star

K. O. T. R. 2007 -€“ Team Undisputed
I saw this idea from someone on another forum, and thought the WrestleZone Universe would love it.

The 30 Years of WrestleMania – 30 Man Battle Royal. His idea is to feature a Legend / SuperStar who has participated at every WrestleMania. “Not only would it be great to see legends at Mania but talent on the current roster could get on the card who may not have got a spot on the card.” I took it in a different direction, and just made it a Dream match to include those who are no longer with us on Earth, or those who are currently banned from the WWE in some form or fashion.

Here’s my list:

1. Hulk Hogan
2. Rowdy Roddy Piper
3. Paul Orndorff
4. King Kong Bundy
5. Andre The Giant
6. Macho Man Randy Savage
7. The Million Dollar Man Ted DiBiase
8. Ultimate Warrior
9. Sgt. Slaughter
10. Ric Flair
11. Sycho Sid Justice
12. Yokozuna
13. Bret The Hitman Hart
14. Bam Bam Bigelow
15. Shawn Michaels
16. The Undertaker
17. Stone Cold Steve Austin
18. The Rock
19. Triple H
20. Big Show
21. Mick Foley
22. Chris Jericho
23. Kurt Angle
24. Brock Lesnar
25. Chris Benoit
26. Batista
27. John Cena
28. Edge
29. Randy Orton
30. The Miz

I didn’t include Mr. T. and Lawrence Taylor, but they should at the very least make an appearance during the match as special guest outside enforcers.

Who are your picks for” The 30 Years of WrestleMania – 30 Man Battle Royal”??

I have had this on this forum for a number of months, and it is a great idea to get some old legends on the main card for a nostalgic pop. John Cena, Randy Orton and guys in the current main event SHOULD NOT be involved in this match though. Returning guys like Jericho and RVD yes, but not current stars who are in the main event. My idea was to have one guy representing each Wrestlemania, throw in tag team to make the 30 names up for 30 years

I've never really been a fan of battle royals at a WrestleMania, we saw a gimmick Battle Royal at WrestleMania 17, and I'm sure there have been a few others, but like I said... not really a fan of them on the main show, throw a Battle Royal on the pre-show, don't waste 10-20 minutes on a useless battle royal when you can add that time to the high profile matches. In general, I don't see much of a purpose for them, but this is different, this is something I'd like to see.

The only problem is, who would be the representative from the more recent WrestleMania's? Once you get to WrestleMania XX... it'll be a hard time choosing who exactly will participate. Guys like Cena, Punk, Orton certainly won't be involved with it, maybe someone like Big Show, but I can't see the main guys being "wasted" (I use that term very loosely) on a Battle Royal. It just sees to me that it would be all these legends from past WrestleMania's and then as we got to the more recent ones we'd have barely credible mid-carders.

Interesting idea! I think a 30-man battle royal where each WrestleMania is represented would be nostalgic and not "waste" much time at all. It would be a well-deserved, and well-received, segment on a mega-show that, quite frankly, needs a lot more than the current roster if it wants to be spectacular.

I agree that the main players of today need to have their own matches with current storylines. I would even leave the HUGE names that could come back (Hogan, Piper, Warrior, Austin, etc.) out of this match to give them something else to do. But, here is my idea of what could get a lot of legends and former superstars on the show:

I = Greg The Hammer Valentine
II = King Kong Bundy
III = Hillbilly Jim
IV = Ricky Steamboat
V = Honky Tonk Man
VI = Tito Santana
VII - Rick Martel
VIII = Jake Roberts
IX = Razor Ramon
X = Jacques Rougeau
XI = Bob Backlund
XII = Diesel
XIII = Bret Hart
XIV = Ken Shamrock
XV = Val Venis
XVI = The Godfather
XVII = William Regal
XVIII = DDP
XIX = Booker T
XX = Goldberg
XXI = Kurt Angle
XXII = Mick Foley
XXIII = Bobby Lashley
XXIV = John Morrison
XXV = Shelton Benjamin
XXVI = Sheamus
XXVII = Bad News Barrett
XXVIII = Santino
XXIX = Chris Jericho

Some of these would, of course, be HUGE in themselves (Angle, Lashley, Morrison, etc.) But this has a nice balance of legends, current superstars, recently moved on stars and comic relief/pure entertainment. It would be fun to see and wouldn't have to last very long. Maybe a Goldberg/Lashley showdown and a Jericho/Sheamus final two that goes on for a minute... whatever's clever and would end a nice, nostalgic match with a big pop.

well shelton is sidelined after surgury that i guess i heard the injury was almost career ending, angle is under tna contract, scott hall wouldnt be ready yet even with ddp yoga, goldburg wouldnt come back just for a bs battle royal( he wants a real match for his kid to watch) not sure how backlund could really hold up he is 65 after all.

in theory this is a fun idea but id change some names to mnake it more believable unless u are going for a dream scenerio like the op did

well shelton is sidelined after surgury that i guess i heard the injury was almost career ending, angle is under tna contract, scott hall wouldnt be ready yet even with ddp yoga, goldburg wouldnt come back just for a bs battle royal( he wants a real match for his kid to watch) not sure how backlund could really hold up he is 65 after all.

in theory this is a fun idea but id change some names to mnake it more believable unless u are going for a dream scenerio like the op did

Yeah, I wasn't really going for realistic. More so than including deceased wrestlers, but not "realistic" contestants. This was more of an ideal example. But, I think the one from each WrestleMania idea could be done realistically.

This is my post I made in early December regarding this exact same topic:

I have been spruiking a 30 Years of Wrestlemania battle royal for months now, and done properly it would be a good nostalgic pop for some legends, and a chance for current guys who otherwise would not make the main car to get a Mania payday and some exposure. My suggestion has been to have a wrestler from every MANIA involved in the match, so each years Mania is represented. It wouldnt have to go long, and is a good rest period for the crowd in between main events so they arent flat when the important matches are happening. People want to see LEGENDS, but not Piper, Slaughter, Patterson, Briscoe, DiBiase, IRS and all of the same old dudes that they wheel out each year. Having returning guys like Jericho and RVD, with current guys like Christian and guys who wont make the mai card like Ryback, DFandango, 3MB, mix them up with Steamboat, Orndorff, Bundy, Duggan, Akeem, Neidhart, Demolition, Flair, Tatanka, Martel, Diesel, Sid, Shamrock, Mero, X-Pac, Hardcore Holly, Bradshaw(JBL), Regal, Booker T, Christian, Jericho, RVD, MVP, Finlay, John Morrison, Matt Hardy, Brodus Clay or anybody really.........

I think they're going to have to include a battle royal on the card this year just to get everyone included somehow. With all the guys making comebacks this time around, I think we'll easily end up with a dozen matches or more and still have plenty of guys without a spot. Since they're not bringing back the MITB ladder match to Mania, then a 30-man battle royal would be the next best thing to make sure everyone's included.

in theory this is a fun idea but id change some names to mnake it more believable unless u are going for a dream scenerio like the op did[/QUOTE]

Speaking of Angle, if he were ever involved in a 30 Years Of Wrestlemania 30 Man Battle Royal, I could definitely see him picking up the win after giving someone like Bradshaw(I could see him returning to the ring for a simple battle royal) an Overhead Release Belly to Belly Suplex over the top rope.

Backlund's doing just fine, actually. He's still training regularly and if WWE let him, I wouldn't be surprised if he could actually still put on good matches. I looked him up recently and found out that he's got a fitness website.

http://www.backlundenergy.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back