That 90s Kid - Sig Creations

The Raven's Epitaph

Getting Noticed By Management
Hey everybody, I'm abit of a noob at making sigs. (29/9/10) But you can't get better without practice can you?

This is where I'll post my sigs I've created.

Thanks for viewing!

So, this is my first official sig created using a good program other than Sony Vegas 9 what I used to create them on (yes, it is possible.)

Credit to The People's Peep for his GiMP guide.
This is what I came up with as my first try on GiMP!

What do you think? I couldn't figure out how to work the text properly so I didn't add any. I'm really proud of this, tell me what you think. :)

This is my latest one everybody, I'm really proud of this one. I know the Sabu one was only my first try, but it's made me realise how bad it was.

Here's an Eve sig, just because I love her.

What do you think? Tried to make this one simple, and I added my own little thing in the top corner.

Smaller version too:

The second one is okay. I like the text you used. I see a lot of potential in you when it comes to making backrounds. The one thing I have a problem with is your images. They are really close together and maybe if you spreaded them out more, it would look less squished. I personally think if you made that two side pics in the backround and focused on the main pic it would be nice. But the thing I really like the most (as I mentioned before) was your text. It's not boring and it really makes the sig. Another complaint I have is that even though the text is good, it doesn't quite match the backround in my eyes. When it comes to color it does but the backround looks rougher and the text is really soft.

Overall, good job.

Hey guys, had another mess about on GiMP earlier. I tried using a variety of brushes that I got from Deviant Art, and they turned out alright. I got some more cutouts from psd-dreams and I came up with this sig. What do you think?

Alot of the sigs I've created are Eve Torres sigs, I'm just using her as a tester for now, plus I like the colours I come up with when I make sigs with her.

Try and adding some borders to it other then that good job!

Borders is just something that really holds it all together in the end and makes it look that much better

Hey everybody, I've just made 2 new sigs. These are DragonBall Z sigs.

My inspiration for these 2 is mainly because I love DragonBall Z, and that you'll find me in the DragonBall Z threads alot. I wanted to make something unique and spectacular. The best I could come up with was these 2.

NOTE: These brushes are all from the resources section of DeviantArt. I'd recommend these to anybody, they're great brushes and you can make some awesome designs with them, espacially the fractals and orbital brushes.

This is a Ginyu Force sig I made. I've been trying to come up with some sigs that have alot of people in them, but at the same time, I'm trying my hardest not to make them look too busy and crowded. From left to right, there's Jeice, Burter, Captain Ginyu, Recoome and Guldo.

This one shows all the forms of Frieza, including his Mecha Form. My inspiration for this sig is that I'm currently watching DragonBall Z Season 3 on DVD Boxset, the entire Frieza Saga. Frieza has just transformed into his final form and
killed Vegeta. Vegeta then goes on to tell a short story of how Frieza killed all the Saiyans and blew up Planet Vegeta, crying at the same time; showing that he isn't as ruthless as he once was, he actually has emotion and isn't cold-hearted.

The picture of Frieza in his first form in the middle of the sig looks like the most world-dominating, so I put that one in the middle for good effect. I think it came out alright. What do you think of these?

Can somebody please tell me:
How do you add borders to your sigs in GiMP?
and
What are the correct resolutions for sigs on the forum? I've been using the 480 x 320 measurements and they still aren't the right size..they seem abit big.

Thanks!

I love seeing the love for DBZ on these forums. So I'll be more than happy to critique your work.

This is a Ginyu Force sig I made. I've been trying to come up with some sigs that have alot of people in them, but at the same time, I'm trying my hardest not to make them look too busy and crowded. From left to right, there's Jeice, Burter, Captain Ginyu, Recoome and Guldo.

This one is alright, but there are 2 problems that I see with it right off the bat. First off, look at Ginyu's and Recoome's armor. See how it's cut off on the right side? Thats not good. I assume that you are using renders from PSD Dreams or Planet Renders. What I suggest you do is if you see that part of the render is cut off in an important spot, re-size the render a bit, so that one part isnt cut off. Also, the text on this one doesnt really fit. It just seems to be a bit too hard to read. I really cant think of a way to fix the text in that one, so you're just going to have to play around.

This one shows all the forms of Frieza, besides his Mecha form, I don't count that as a form, just a revival; he didn't last long enough for anybody to care either. My inspiration for this sig is that I'm currently watching DragonBall Z Season 3 on DVD Boxset, the entire Frieza Saga. Frieza has just transformed into his final form and
killed Vegeta. Vegeta then goes on to tell a short story of how Frieza killed all the Saiyans and blew up Planet Vegeta, crying at the same time; showing that he isn't as ruthless as he once was, he actually has emotion and isn't cold-hearted.

This one is better, but again, the text just doesnt fit. Might I suggest looking at some text tutorials? Anyway, this one is a bit busy, but it still works. I like it. It's definitely better than your Ginyu force sig.

Can somebody please tell me:
How do you add borders to your sigs in GiMP?
and
What are the correct resolutions for sigs on the forum? I've been using the 480 x 320 measurements and they still aren't the right size..they seem abit big.

Thanks!

Filters < Decor < Add Border

Also, try using a smaller canvas. I suggest 400 X 200. You may not be able to fit a bunch of renders in there, but it's a lot easier to work with.

Thanks alot for the advice! Yeah, I need to work on my text abit more... I was using the GiMP tutorial in the Digital Arts section and didn't really understand the text bit in there, so I sorta just didn't work off of it. I get my renders from PSD aswell, I didn't actually notice that bits of Ginyu's armour was missing, so I'll revise that the next time I work on a sig. Thanks for answering my questions aswell, that'll surely help my sigs look abit better.

I'm liking your Matchiyack sig aswell! He looks like a fuse between Cell and Janemba, just alot bigger. Can't wait to play as him/her/it in DB: RB2.

I took your advice, Stinger.

For this sig I used a 400x200 canvas and it worked out quite 'perfectly' no pun intended. I also added a 4x4 border to make it look more proffessional and put together. I revised my render so nothing was cut off and I had that in place quite well. I also added a Coffee Stain effect, just to add some extra "umph" to the sig itself. I'm still working on revising my text skills, so for the moment I just added some normal text without effect. I added my own "That 90s Kid" watermark in the top left corner aswell, just to add my own little touch.

What do you think?

I'm really proud of this one, my inspiration for this sig was from an elder Cell sig I saw and from your Matchiyack sig. The border really gives it a nice touch, so thanks for letting me know how to add one. All the best ;)

I took your advice, Stinger.

For this sig I used a 400x200 canvas and it worked out quite 'perfectly' no pun intended. I also added a 4x4 border to make it look more proffessional and put together. I revised my render so nothing was cut off and I had that in place quite well. I also added a Coffee Stain effect, just to add some extra "umph" to the sig itself. I'm still working on revising my text skills, so for the moment I just added some normal text without effect. I added my own "That 90s Kid" watermark in the top left corner aswell, just to add my own little touch.

What do you think?

I'm really proud of this one, my inspiration for this sig was from an elder Cell sig I saw and from your Matchiyack sig. The border really gives it a nice touch, so thanks for letting me know how to add one. All the best ;)

Excellent! Best one that you've done so far!

The only complaint I have is that you should have put your 'watermark' behind the render of Cell. That way the text and render arent overlapping. But other than that, the colors fit well, and the text is good. One suggestion I have though, is perhaps making the Cell render a bit bigger. That way there isnt so much "dead space" in the sig. But its very good, and your best one to date.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back