Thanksgiving Is A Worthless Holiday

Cena's Little Helper

Mid-Card Championship Winner
I was thinking of Thanksgiving the other day, and why I hated it so much. My analysis led me to the following conclusions:

Pros

1) A big ass meal.

2) A football game or two.

Cons

1) If you're a kid you only get one or two days off from school as opposed to the week they give you off for X-Mas and Easter. Also, although you get a few more days off in college, you still have to go back for finals...how cruel is that shit?

2) You have to see family members that you don't like and will be seeing in again in a month or so, except you don't give or receive presents.

3) Almost everything is closed, and you don't have any presents to play with.

4) The turkey, wine, and more-than-likely relaxed atmosphere put you at a disadvantage for how aggressive you'll have to be for Black Friday come early morning.

If I could have things my way, I'd scratch Thanksgiving and just make Black Friday a national holiday.

Black Friday sucks, and if any of you actually play a part in the frenzy that is Black Friday, then I hate you. Making me get up at 4 o'clock on my day off to serve you when I worked at Staples.

Anyways, Thanksgiving is great...because I love big meals.

I also like sweet potato casserole. My mother makes a delicious version with pecans and brown sugar topping.

It was more about his harlot of a sister knocking boots with a plebeian.

If Michael can't get any, no one can.

Black Friday sucks, and if any of you actually play a part in the frenzy that is Black Friday, then I hate you. Making me get up at 4 o'clock on my day off to serve you when I worked at Staples.

Anyways, Thanksgiving is great...because I love big meals.

This^^^

I have never been in a Black Friday rush, and I don't see what could possibly possess you to want to go at 6am in the morning to fight other people over expensive items.

Oh, and Thanksgiving means turkey. I like turkey.

Thanksgiving is my second favorite holiday, behind Halloween.
1. I eat my face off.
2. It's a paid holiday from work. Getting paid to eat my face off is better than doing it for free.
3. 3 football games on, even if one of them features the Detroit lions.
4. Afternoon naps are not underrated.

I begged my sister to take me with her last year during black friday. We were at a mall like.. 50 miles away in northern virginia.. at fucking.. 2 AM. We stayed there til like 1 or 2 PM. It was absolute pandemonium. The line from the people who make the purses or whatever, Dooney and Burke.. was sooooo long. This is a outdoor mall mind you, cold as a witch's tit. I dunno why I was out there, I got a tshirt out of it. Go figure. I like Thanksgiving, our family is head to head at each other all year, being ignorant and whatnot, Thanksgiving is the one day of the year besides Christmas where we all chill and have fun, actually act like a family. Plus my family can cook, so it's always a hearty meal.

I begged my sister to take me with her last year during black friday. We were at a mall like.. 50 miles away in northern virginia.. at fucking.. 2 AM. We stayed there til like 1 or 2 PM. It was absolute pandemonium. The line from the people who make the purses or whatever, Dooney and Burke.. was sooooo long. This is a outdoor mall mind you, cold as a witch's tit. I dunno why I was out there, I got a tshirt out of it. Go figure. I like Thanksgiving, our family is head to head at each other all year, being ignorant and whatnot, Thanksgiving is the one day of the year besides Christmas where we all chill and have fun, actually act like a family. Plus my family can cook, so it's always a hearty meal.

Dooney and Burke? Really?? Their bags are horrendous, and ugly. And, yes, I'm a straight guy. My sister is a handbag junky, so I've seen alot.

I, however, have never had a purpose for Black Friday, until last year. I wanted a new LCD flat panel, Wal-Mart had a nice one for gaming, and I jumped. As for Thanksgiving, I love it. Lots of good food, and a mid-day nap whilst watching the Lions. Plus, Alices Restaurant at exactly noon on the Fox (local classic rock station). It doesn't get any better, guys.

Dooney and Burke? Really?? Their bags are horrendous, and ugly. And, yes, I'm a straight guy. My sister is a handbag junky, so I've seen alot.

I, however, have never had a purpose for Black Friday, until last year. I wanted a new LCD flat panel, Wal-Mart had a nice one for gaming, and I jumped. As for Thanksgiving, I love it. Lots of good food, and a mid-day nap whilst watching the Lions. Plus, Alices Restaurant at exactly noon on the Fox (local classic rock station). It doesn't get any better, guys.

Yeah, I was with 2 of my sisters and my brother-in-law, he sat in the car and we roamed the mall. There were well over a hundred people in line at Dooney and Burke. Females of course. They had the door locked, with armed security guards on the outside and the inside, and they only unlocked the door to let another person(s) in when they left. So if 3 people left, they let 3 in. It was insane. My sister's each bought like 3 purses, I proceeded to call them fools and they made me carry their bags. :l

My sister owns a shitload of Vera Bradley purses.. at least I think that's what they're called. They look like quilts. Idfk, she always brags to me. "Aw Fred look at the cute purse." "It's ugly, it belongs on my bed, you're an idiot" because she cant really afford it. lmao..

I lvoe Thanksgiving. The Cowboys usually lose, which is awesome. The games start at eleven. Mom makes sweet potatoes with the marshmellows, grren bean caserole, etc. and I love that shit. I get high as fuck before the meal and destroy it.

This year is even better, because that night the might Longhorns will destroy the feckless Aggies.

Black Friday is terrible.

But what's been pissing me off about Thanksgiving lately are the sorry ass football games the NFL books. Lions vs. Packers? Cowboys vs. Raiders? Who the fuck wants to watch that shit? I sure as hell don't. And why in the hell do they have the Cowboys and ESPECIALLY the Lions on every year? They fucking suck.

But I don't mind the food and hanging out with the fam. Also, the NBA puts on some solid games on Thanksgiving night, so that's cool in my book as well.

It's a conspiracy jmt. :suspic:
They want you to get bored and eat more turkey, then sleep. The sofa companies and butterball are in on it.

Black Friday is terrible.

But what's been pissing me off about Thanksgiving lately are the sorry ass football games the NFL books. Lions vs. Packers? Cowboys vs. Raiders? Who the fuck wants to watch that shit? I sure as hell don't. And why in the hell do they have the Cowboys and ESPECIALLY the Lions on every year? They fucking suck.

But I don't mind the food and hanging out with the fam. Also, the NBA puts on some solid games on Thanksgiving night, so that's cool in my book as well.

ABC, 7 central, UT vs. A&M.

There will be a third NFL game again this year on NFL network I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back