The top Merch seller during Thanksgiving Weekend and it isn't Cena

Sweettre15

Pre-Show Stalwart
WWE Announces Record-Setting Thanksgiving Weekend Sales on WWEShop.com

On Black Friday, WWE recorded its single biggest online sales day ever, drawing a 44% increase in sales on WWEShop.com compared to last year's record-setting day. WWE also broke records on Cyber Monday, with sales +32% year-over-year, making it the No 2. best-selling day on WWEShop.com ever.

WWEShop.com's five-day holiday weekend saw sales +39% year-over-year.

WWE Superstar Dean Ambrose "Unstable" Hoodie Sweatshirt was the hottest seller, and the WWE Monopoly Board Game came in at No. 2.

Mobile traffic was +80% year-over-year and accounted for 61% of overall traffic to WWEShop.com.

(source: http://wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2014/1204/585414/which-wwe-star-had-th e-hottest-selling-item-over-thanksgiving/)

One thing I have to say about this - it's actually a cool looking quality hoodie. It doesn't look cheesy as fuck or like a typical WWE wrestler shirt so I can see that happening. Good for Ambrose.

The hoodie was the single best selling item. The top selling super star will still likely be Cena. The guy has like a hundred more items than anyone else.

^ True but if they keep giving him merch that looks as cool as that hoody going forward then maybe he has a chance to dethrone Cena in merch sales completely.

Put more effort in giving some of these guys cool looking apparel to sell and people will want to buy more.

I asked for that hoodie from my ol lady lol. Ascension, Ziggler, and Barrett have a few good items too.

IMO Orton has always had the best looking shirts. Maybe a bit Ed Hardy-ish, but I thought they were pretty cool looking with the snake motif.

Doesn't matter, Punk was outselling Cena consistently, they still jerked him around & had him play second fiddle to super thug.

Vince even convinced him to turn heel, which of course meant that his golden boy could go back to being #1 merch seller.

It's great to see Ambrose doing well & all, but trust me, VKM will only take risks if his back is against the wall & a gun is to his head. People underestimate just how stubborn & resistant to change this old fucker can be.

I'm surprised the hoodie is selling that well. I guess it makes sense because it's getting cold.

Doesn't matter, Punk was outselling Cena consistently, they still jerked him around & had him play second fiddle to super thug.

Vince even convinced him to turn heel, which of course meant that his golden boy could go back to being #1 merch seller.

It's great to see Ambrose doing well & all, but trust me, VKM will only take risks if his back is against the wall & a gun is to his head. People underestimate just how stubborn & resistant to change this old fucker can be.
Punk is a shitty baby face. Turning him heel was the way to go. No one gives a shit about the underdog once he wins the belt. There's no challenge No quest. Turning him heel where he's more natural made the most sense. Vince wants to make money. He doesn't care who makes it for him. He probably wishes everyone sold what Cena sells. That's just business 101.

I'm happy for Ambrose. If you haven't seen his "Ugly Sweater" Christmas shirt, look it up. It's pretty awesome. Hope he keeps selling and keeps getting pushed and keeps getting over.

Lol. No.

Were those gift certificates that wwe gave away in june/july still valid? That would explain it and i dont count that as real sales.

And here is the thing. Ambrose had the no 1 best selling item. In total sales i bet cena was still no 1.

Remember, cena outsold bryan, six to one, during april and may according to meltzer.

Doesn't matter, Punk was outselling Cena consistently
No he wasn't. He wasn't even outselling Cena inconsistently. He had one shirt which temporarily spent time at the top of WWE merchandise store during the hottest period of Punk's career. That was it.

Dean Ambrose has merch you'd actually wear in public and not look insane in garish colours or stupid pictures.

So I'm not surprised that it's the highest selling one.

Not "consistently"...

No he wasn't. He wasn't even outselling Cena inconsistently. He had one shirt which temporarily spent time at the top of WWE merchandise store during the hottest period of Punk's career. That was it.

Don't you understand? If you don't take a minor fact and hyperbolize it to a point that it's blatantly untrue, you're not a proper Cena hater. He's just doing his job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back