Thank you WWE

TheVolFan52

Occasional Pre-Show
A few weeks ago I posted a thread saying there is no way that WWE could have done Batista vs Orton at Mania. Now that WWE has announced the Bryan stipulation for Mania, they have officially given in to the fans. I honestly don't know if it was "part of the plan all along" or not and I don't care. It seems as though overall that the announcement of the one stipulation saved the entire show. We no longer dread the title match. This is exactly what I and so many fans want to see and I'm finally pumped for Wrestlemania. Thank you WWE for giving the fans what they wanted. I just wanted to come on here and actually say something positive in the midst of so much negativity.

Batista has lost a step in the ring and just isn't the same guy anymore. At 45 years old, it's ridiculous that he's even being allowed. But I assume it's because he's close with Triple H that he was able to nab the spot or maybe they were just bringing in the yearly "big name" that they always do every WM and he happened to be it?

Either way, Orton vs Batista had been done to death, the majority don't seem to care and the WWE either realized this or decided at the last minute to change it up because they realized they went to the well too often and it went dry.

I think DB is a great wrestler and deserved at least the chance to be in the match. So whatever the WWE decided on prior to, he's in and that's all that matters.

I'm not to excited about this decision. I don't think it was truly needed and I don't want to see anybody wrestle twice at mania. HHH vs DB was the match that I was looking forward to the must and now the outcome has pretty much been given to us. DB vs Orton vs Batista will be a BAD match with a hot crowd...nothing more nothing less. I really don't understand why so many people want to see this triple threat. Imo, DB's big title win won't matter and be that great if the match is shit, and there is like a 90% chance that the match will be shit. I would rather have had him have a one on one match with either Orton or Batista at the next ppv instead of this. WWE gave into their fans and will regret it. This will be a great example of why WWE should ignore its fans sometimes. Prepare for a terrible triple threat match, with a worn out crowd that is sick of chanting yes. This is not hate for DB, he's one of my favorites...i just don't agree with this booking.

Here is what I see happeing, and Im saying this because I have been watching wrestling for about 30 years now. Bryan beats HHH, goes on to fight in the main event. Just as it looks like Bryan is about to win, Cm Punks music hits, he walks down that aisle and takes out Bryan with the go to sleep. Batista covers Bryan.

I know alot of you wont agree with it. But keep in mind, this is set in stone as per script .

I would love to see CM Punks music hit right as Daniel Bryan was about to win. I said it a year ago that if it's not Daniel Bryan V CM Punk main eventing WrestleMania 30 I'd be pissed. Punk leaving did not upset me like it did to others. I for one understand rebellion. So him coming back & causing DB the title for "stealing his spot in the main event" would be perfect. If this happens I won't get what I wanted but I might get what I want. So to speak...

A few weeks ago I posted a thread saying there is no way that WWE could have done Batista vs Orton at Mania. Now that WWE has announced the Bryan stipulation for Mania, they have officially given in to the fans. I honestly don't know if it was "part of the plan all along" or not and I don't care. It seems as though overall that the announcement of the one stipulation saved the entire show. We no longer dread the title match. This is exactly what I and so many fans want to see and I'm finally pumped for Wrestlemania. Thank you WWE for giving the fans what they wanted. I just wanted to come on here and actually say something positive in the midst of so much negativity.

Really? At this point, how are we still pretending that this wasn't clearly the plan all along? Daniel Bryan sent out a tweet about 'the machine' holding him down and his fans being part if the 'yes movement' the minute the Royal Rumble ended, with yes movement merchandise ready to go. Where the hell would they plan on going with that, if not him ultimately forcing his way into the title match? Obviously, this was clearly the plan all along. The only thing they had to change was the Triple H match, since Punk left.

I digress. Yes, thank you WWE indeed, for the long term vision that so many people here lack. We're the silent majority on the Internet, but there are many fans who recognize and appreciate the months of planning they do. It's a beautiful thing when you sit back and look at the entire picture, how all of the pieces come together so perfectly.

I'm not to excited about this decision. I don't think it was truly needed and I don't want to see anybody wrestle twice at mania. HHH vs DB was the match that I was looking forward to the must and now the outcome has pretty much been given to us. DB vs Orton vs Batista will be a BAD match with a hot crowd...nothing more nothing less. I really don't understand why so many people want to see this triple threat. Imo, DB's big title win won't matter and be that great if the match is shit, and there is like a 90% chance that the match will be shit. I would rather have had him have a one on one match with either Orton or Batista at the next ppv instead of this. WWE gave into their fans and will regret it. This will be a great example of why WWE should ignore its fans sometimes. Prepare for a terrible triple threat match, with a worn out crowd that is sick of chanting yes. This is not hate for DB, he's one of my favorites...i just don't agree with this booking.

If you wanted Bryan vs. Triple H without Bryan getting a spot in the title match, then all they have to do is have Triple H win and there's no title shot for Bryan. And you really think Orton vs. Batista would be a better match than Orton vs. Batista vs. Bryan? That makes absolutely no sense. And you think a one on one match with Orton or Batista would be better than the triple threat? Again, I don't get it. The crowds have been chanting yes incessantly for two years, why the hell would they get sick of it right when they're about to get what they want? This looks like you wanted to disagree just for the sake of disagreeing and really couldn't come up with any good reason so you just threw together this nonsense and it didn't come out very well at all.

Here is what I see happeing, and Im saying this because I have been watching wrestling for about 30 years now. Bryan beats HHH, goes on to fight in the main event. Just as it looks like Bryan is about to win, Cm Punks music hits, he walks down that aisle and takes out Bryan with the go to sleep. Batista covers Bryan.

I know alot of you wont agree with it. But keep in mind, this is set in stone as per script .

I can't tell if this is sarcasm or not, but just in case it isn't, let the record show that there is a 0.0% chance of that happening. It's literally more likely that an alien from the planet Nibiru flies into the stadium aboard the missing Malaysian Airlines plane, announces that he's purchased the WWE from Vince, inserts himself into the main event, and wins the title.

Really? At this point, how are we still pretending that this wasn't clearly the plan all along? Daniel Bryan sent out a tweet about 'the machine' holding him down and his fans being part if the 'yes movement' the minute the Royal Rumble ended, with yes movement merchandise ready to go. Where the hell would they plan on going with that, if not him ultimately forcing his way into the title match? Obviously, this was clearly the plan all along. The only thing they had to change was the Triple H match, since Punk left.

I digress. Yes, thank you WWE indeed, for the long term vision that so many people here lack. We're the silent majority on the Internet, but there are many fans who recognize and appreciate the months of planning they do. It's a beautiful thing when you sit back and look at the entire picture, how all of the pieces come together so perfectly.

If you wanted Bryan vs. Triple H without Bryan getting a spot in the title match, then all they have to do is have Triple H win and there's no title shot for Bryan. And you really think Orton vs. Batista would be a better match than Orton vs. Batista vs. Bryan? That makes absolutely no sense. And you think a one on one match with Orton or Batista would be better than the triple threat? Again, I don't get it. The crowds have been chanting yes incessantly for two years, why the hell would they get sick of it right when they're about to get what they want? This looks like you wanted to disagree just for the sake of disagreeing and really couldn't come up with any good reason so you just threw together this nonsense and it didn't come out very well at all.

I can't tell if this is sarcasm or not, but just in case it isn't, let the record show that there is a 0.0% chance of that happening. It's literally more likely that an alien from the planet Nibiru flies into the stadium aboard the missing Malaysian Airlines plane, announces that he's purchased the WWE from Vince, inserts himself into the main event, and wins the title.

Ok guy...everybody on here complains and doesnt even explain it, I simply say I dont like it and give, what I think to be, a logical reason for my displeasure and I get attacked?

I dont want Bryan to lose to HHH, I simply didnt ever want this stipulation to be added. It doesn't change anything, I will watch and enjoy wrestlemania either way.

Triple Threat matches are USUALLY terrible. Its very rare that three guys put on a good match together. DB vs Batista vs Orton, in my mind, will be AWFUL just like Batista vs Orton would have been without Bryan. And yes I believe that Orton vs DB or DB vs Batista would have been better than a triple threat match between the three but thats just my opinion. My fear is that, because the match will most likely be terrible, it will hurt the overall moment. Look at almost every other Historic wrestlemania ending....WM17, WM14, WM20....all of those are remembered for BOTH having a fantastic match and a historic moment, they kinda go hand and hand. The only other historic wm ending moment I can think of that didnt have a FANTASTIC match was Hogan vs ANdre but this is not even close to being on the level that match was on. Hogan alone is bigger than all three men in this match.

As a DB fan, I simply dont understand why people want to see this match. Id rather even wait til next years mania. DB should have a proper WM moment, not wrestling twice and having to carry Batista and Orton through a triple threat match that even he wont be able to make a good match. The terrible match WILL hurt the moment, I guarantee it.

Ive never really been a fan of multiple men matches and I believe Mania should always end one on one for the title. Just my opinion tho either way I think Mania will be very good.

I agree that the triple threat will be terrible... But I think the wwe will milk this DB vs authority angle to the max (sort of like Vince/Austin). The next couple of raws will see hhh Orton and Batista unite to go against DB. I'm sure the main event will turn out to be a handicap no DQ match with Orton and Batista ganging up on DB. There'll be a surprise run in by someone that will help turn the tide for DB, maybe it's the shield, Cena, or even Vince himself. That will help alleviate the shit fest put out by Orton and Batista, both who can't really wrestle.

Triple Threat matches are USUALLY terrible. Its very rare that three guys put on a good match together. DB vs Batista vs Orton, in my mind, will be AWFUL just like Batista vs Orton would have been without Bryan. And yes I believe that Orton vs DB or DB vs Batista would have been better than a triple threat match between the three but thats just my opinion. My fear is that, because the match will most likely be terrible, it will hurt the overall moment. Look at almost every other Historic wrestlemania ending....WM17, WM14, WM20....all of those are remembered for BOTH having a fantastic match and a historic moment, they kinda go hand and hand. The only other historic wm ending moment I can think of that didnt have a FANTASTIC match was Hogan vs ANdre but this is not even close to being on the level that match was on. Hogan alone is bigger than all three men in this match.

You literally just contradicted yourself. I hope you see that.

Wrestlemania 20's main event was...(wait for it)...a Triple Threat match...probably the best one ever as a matter of fact. It was HHH, Shawn Michaels, and He-Who-Should-Not-Be-Named Chris Benoit for the World Heavyweight Title. Maybe you saw Undertaker vs. Kane then decided to beat the traffic?

And I'm curious what triple threat matches you're watching? They're not as awful as you're saying. Mysterio\Orton\Angle (WM 22), Cena\HHH\Orton (WM 24), or Cena\Edge\Big Show (WM 25) may not have been Hogan\Warrior (WM 6) but they were certainly entertaining. Meanwhile the past few one-on-one main events (Cena\Rock II, Cena\Miz, HHH\Orton) have been pretty forgettable and awful.

And as for Batista vs. Orton against Batista vs. Orton vs. Daniel Bryan:

So you'd rather have kept the plans the same and had Batista, who could barely last 5 minutes in the Royal Rumble and his match vs. Del Rio, go up against Orton, who the crowd had basically lost interest in, stink up the main event? Your argument is that the crowd would get tired of chanting YES? Have you watched RAW? The crowd LOVES chanting YES! Plus, it's Wrestlemania 30! People paid thousands of dollars just to get in the door! You think they're gonna wear out?

By your logic, Batista (who's been getting either hardcore boos or flat out ignored) and Orton (see above) would have been in the main event. Let me show you what would have happened in two clips:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZS5BMq-SWc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=609uR7t2V9E

You watch those and tell me that wouldn't happen if those two ended the night at Wrestlemania.

Ok guy...everybody on here complains and doesnt even explain it, I simply say I dont like it and give, what I think to be, a logical reason for my displeasure and I get attacked?

I dont want Bryan to lose to HHH, I simply didnt ever want this stipulation to be added. It doesn't change anything, I will watch and enjoy wrestlemania either way.

As a DB fan, I simply dont understand why people want to see this match. Id rather even wait til next years mania. DB should have a proper WM moment, not wrestling twice and having to carry Batista and Orton through a triple threat match that even he wont be able to make a good match. The terrible match WILL hurt the moment, I guarantee it.

Ive never really been a fan of multiple men matches and I believe Mania should always end one on one for the title. Just my opinion tho either way I think Mania will be very good.

I seem to recall a certain main event 10 years ago that ended wrestlemania with the underdog getting his big moment with the belt in what is called the best triple threat match of all times...... HHH vs HBK Vs Benoit IMO was a great match that made Benoit winning the belt and even bigger moment. Lets not forget the rock, taker angle, edge vs batista vs taker, orton vs cena vs hhh , among many other

I respect your opinion and if you think that the triple threat is not the way to go thats what you think.
Personally, yes, i do believe this could be a bad match or bad under WM main event standards but batista vs bryan vs orton is definitively a huge improvement over batista vs orton. Orton is one of the best in the ring but even he cant make miracles with a guy who gets gassed after 5 with a crowd booing every single second of it. At least now orton and bryan can pick up the slack while batista is out of the ring

You literally just contradicted yourself. I hope you see that.

Wrestlemania 20's main event was...(wait for it)...a Triple Threat match...probably the best one ever as a matter of fact. It was HHH, Shawn Michaels, and He-Who-Should-Not-Be-Named Chris Benoit for the World Heavyweight Title. Maybe you saw Undertaker vs. Kane then decided to beat the traffic?

And I'm curious what triple threat matches you're watching? They're not as awful as you're saying. Mysterio\Orton\Angle (WM 22), Cena\HHH\Orton (WM 24), or Cena\Edge\Big Show (WM 25) may not have been Hogan\Warrior (WM 6) but they were certainly entertaining. Meanwhile the past few one-on-one main events (Cena\Rock II, Cena\Miz, HHH\Orton) have been pretty forgettable and awful.

And as for Batista vs. Orton against Batista vs. Orton vs. Daniel Bryan:

So you'd rather have kept the plans the same and had Batista, who could barely last 5 minutes in the Royal Rumble and his match vs. Del Rio, go up against Orton, who the crowd had basically lost interest in, stink up the main event? Your argument is that the crowd would get tired of chanting YES? Have you watched RAW? The crowd LOVES chanting YES! Plus, it's Wrestlemania 30! People paid thousands of dollars just to get in the door! You think they're gonna wear out?

By your logic, Batista (who's been getting either hardcore boos or flat out ignored) and Orton (see above) would have been in the main event. Let me show you what would have happened in two clips:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZS5BMq-SWc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=609uR7t2V9E

You watch those and tell me that wouldn't happen if those two ended the night at Wrestlemania.

First off...NO I did not contradict myself. I clearly stated that triple threat matches are USUALLY....wait for it, here is that word again...USUALLY terrible matches and I stand by that. WM20 is an exception...but it features two of the greatest in ring performers of all time at there very best which is completely different than this situation. As far as the matches you listed goes, Im not a very big fan of any of those.

Yes people will get worn out. The crowd gets worn out at every mania. Ive personally been to Mania and my voice was gone within the first two hours of the event...it happens, even at Raw.

Did you really try to compare One on One matches to triple threat matches??? Really? Im not even going to share my opinion on that.

But seriously, not everything has to be a debate on here and not everyone has to agree with the majority of people on here. I dont like this booking and that wont change regardless of whatever the hell you guys are talking about.
It really doesnt change much imo except for the crowd reaction to the last match. DB isnt going to make Batista be in shape, Batsista will get a HUGE amount of offense and probably dominate the majority of the match. And the match will still suck. I have no reason to believe that this will be a good match with or without DB, sure it will be better with him but does it really matter if a match is 2 stars or 3. I hope im wrong and they have a great match. Either way, Im not going to sit here and defend my opinion. I will debate things all day if there can ACTUALLY be a clear cut person that is wrong and one that is right but the event hasnt happened yet so that is not possible. When the match happens than we can debate it.

Ideally it would have been Orton v. Bryan, CM Punk v. HHH, and Batista v. Lesnar but given the option between Orton v. Batista and HHH v. Bryan or this setup I can't see how you can complain. Orton v. Batista simply would not work.

20 years ago...at Wrestlemania...Bret Hart wrestled twice. That was money, cuz his first match was a 4 star classic against Owen...and the second was a WWF Title win over Yoko, which the fans LOVED. Granted, the conditions are different for Daniel Bryan...but what the hell does it matter that he wrestles twice at Mania?

Every wrestling fan who knows anything knows that Danielson can go. He can carry anyone to a 4+ star match, and can do it within the confines of WWE's (TV) time constraints. Unlike with Orton vs. Batista one on one, inserting Bryan into that match will ensure that Vince's meal ticket won't be a 25 minute Boo-fest...which would be more than extremely lame. No one wants to see either of those two as the champ anymore. If they did, they wouldn't be booing. As Owen once said "Enough is enough, and it's time for a change!" Bryan will bring some mat wrestling and actual GOOD spots to an otherwise vanilla match between two wrestlers who are past their primes.

Yes, I'm sorry, but Orton is past his prime...and Batista is worn out and sluggish. Anyone who sees that 1-on-1 being any kind of a classic barnburner is in need of a serious mental examination.

Before anyone tries to say that my opinion is wrong...I got 3 words for ya...

So is yours.

First off:

Either way, Im not going to sit here and defend my opinion

Then why the hell are you here? You can't pop off statements like
I dont like this booking and that wont change regardless of whatever the hell you guys are talking about.
and not expect some backlash. What were you looking for, topless angels and harps to bless you with a halo of genius? Wrong forum. I've been burned MANY times for having a difference in opinion, and if you post, you'd better be able to back up what you say, or go check out the My Little Pretty Pony forum down the internet way.

Second off:

I will debate things all day if there can ACTUALLY be a clear cut person that is wrong and one that is right but the event hasnt happened yet so that is not possible. When the match happens than we can debate it.

There's never gonna be a clear-cut person who's wrong and right. I know people that think every Taker vs. Michaels match sucks ass. They all suck in my humble opinion, but that's their opinion, and anyone that can defend themselves and back it up earns my (and probably anyone who posts here regularly) respect.

Maybe you loved Batista vs. Orton matches back in the day. Maybe you would have loved it again. No one is gonna be right and\or wrong. There's only the facts of the matches, and it's the fans were vocally rejecting the booking. When Batista won, they booed. When he appeared on RAW, they booed. He was booked to be a good guy and they booed him out of the building and he got pissed. The WWE Creative heard it and had to act. So they listened to the fans, turned him heel (he's full-fledged now) and have to do what's best for business, which is NOT have a heel vs. heel one-on-one match where the fans might lose control and become a vocal problem, especially at Wrestlemania XXX, and especially with it being the first PPV on the WWE Network. So maybe you don't like the booking, and maybe that's your opinion, but the WWE brass and the majority disagree with you. And if you can't defend that here or deal with that, there's a TNA forum and Impact Wrestling is on at Thursdays at 8:00 pm on Spike TV. I hear Magnus is the champion.

Really? At this point, how are we still pretending that this wasn't clearly the plan all along? Daniel Bryan sent out a tweet about 'the machine' holding him down and his fans being part if the 'yes movement' the minute the Royal Rumble ended, with yes movement merchandise ready to go.

That's still up for debate if this was the plan all along. All I know is WWE had Batista win the Rumble, fans turned on him and became a heel. So it does show a possibility whatever plan WWE had for Batista with a face run was dramatically changed over the last few weeks (if he was meant to turn heel why did they bother giving him a match with Del Rio?). Whatever the plan is Royal Rumble was a huge miscalculation on WWE's part.

But what's done is done, and this decision probably was the best route the WWE can take.

Oh man, this is brilliant. The amount of posts where people said "Daniel Bryan won't be in the main event at Wrestlemania, get over it!" was hilarious, especially now. The fact is, sometimes WWE are smart, and sometimes they're stupid. But they're not that stupid, they're not stupid enough to have Orton vs. Batista, and as a result, they smartly gave Daniel Bryan an in.

Finally, finally I have a reason to give WWE my money. Finally I have a reason to pay for Wrestlemania XXX, and I'm so happy about that because, without CM Punk at the event, and without Daniel Bryan in the main event, I didn't feel like I had much of a reason to buy the event. Well, now I'm gonna buy it.

Bryan is going to win. I'm not sure if he's going to win both the matches, but he will beat Triple H. Hell, he might even beat him via submission!
I hope Bray goes over Cena as well

First off:

Then why the hell are you here? You can't pop off statements like and not expect some backlash. What were you looking for, topless angels and harps to bless you with a halo of genius? Wrong forum. I've been burned MANY times for having a difference in opinion, and if you post, you'd better be able to back up what you say, or go check out the My Little Pretty Pony forum down the internet way.

Second off:

There's never gonna be a clear-cut person who's wrong and right. I know people that think every Taker vs. Michaels match sucks ass. They all suck in my humble opinion, but that's their opinion, and anyone that can defend themselves and back it up earns my (and probably anyone who posts here regularly) respect.

Maybe you loved Batista vs. Orton matches back in the day. Maybe you would have loved it again. No one is gonna be right and\or wrong. There's only the facts of the matches, and it's the fans were vocally rejecting the booking. When Batista won, they booed. When he appeared on RAW, they booed. He was booked to be a good guy and they booed him out of the building and he got pissed. The WWE Creative heard it and had to act. So they listened to the fans, turned him heel (he's full-fledged now) and have to do what's best for business, which is NOT have a heel vs. heel one-on-one match where the fans might lose control and become a vocal problem, especially at Wrestlemania XXX, and especially with it being the first PPV on the WWE Network. So maybe you don't like the booking, and maybe that's your opinion, but the WWE brass and the majority disagree with you. And if you can't defend that here or deal with that, there's a TNA forum and Impact Wrestling is on at Thursdays at 8:00 pm on Spike TV. I hear Magnus is the champion.

Why am I here? To talk wrestling...I debate things all the time on here. I just dont see a reason to debate my opinion on something that hasnt even happened yet. I simply stated my opinion, that was it. I didnt say anything too crazy,imo, that should even spark an argument. I like DB, however, I dont want to see the guy do 2 probably 30 minute matches in the same night. And I really dont want to see any match containing both Batista and Orton and I dont give a damn who they add to it.

Um..so you are going to ignore everything I said about it not being a big deal and I will order Mania either way? Why would I watch TNA, I hate TNA? Im not one of those people that say if I dont get my way than I will stop watching. I love wrestling and I have since I was 5 years old. I didnt like SCSA but I watched the AE and it never upset me. Im sure I can get through this wrestlemania.

I need to be able to back up my opinion? Backing up an opinion would just consist of me using more opinions. If we are arguing about something that cannot be proven to be factual, like this situation, than we will just argue in circles while throwing out more and more opinions that, in your opinion, needs to be backed up with even more opinions. I dont care for this triple threat and neither did I care for Batista vs Orton...both, imo, would be awful matches. How the hell could I back this up? Facts? You make no sense, people on here just try to start an argument all the time. I say that I'm not going to defend this because there is no point too, nothing has happened yet. Raw just ended, when I made my first post, I dont like the whole wrestle two matches idea and thats it. There is no backing that up, its in my mind, im not a fan of triple threat matches. WTF do you want me to argue about?

Whether or not this was good booking is what I questioned but we wont know until after the event. Just because fans are happy doesnt mean it was good booking. Anything can happen DB could get injured vs HHH (Knock on wood), the triple threat could be the worst match in wwe history OR it could be the greatest match ever...we just dont know yet.

There CAN be a right or wrong in this discussion. If DB goes out and has two classics at Mania and the crowd goes crazy as the show goes off, than obviously I was WRONG. Of course I can troll and say otherwise but it wont make a difference because anyone could simply watch the ppv and see that I was clearly wrong. People can say that Austin was boring BUT ratings prove otherwise. As far as match quality goes, there can be a difference of opinion obviously BUT there is a point where an opinion is so asinine and illogical that it is clearly wrong.

But if you insist, heres my reasoning:

1. I think triple threat matches usually suck. I can only name two that I have ever thought were at least 4 star matches and they both were HBK vs Benoit vs HHH. Rock Taker Angle was ok and so was Beniot Angle Y2J but there weren't classics and ive never went back and watched them again.

2. Orton vs DB was the worst MAIN EVENT feud I have ever seen in my life. It was the only time in my 20+ years of watching wwe that I was ever not excited for an episode of Raw or a PPV. They are both BAD on the mic and there matches were mediocre at best. Now add in an OLD ASS SLOW out of shape Batista and you have just made those mediocre matches worse. Plus the fact that DB wont be 100% fresh because of a, most likely, physical match with HHH and this looks even worse.

3. As much as I love DB, I love other wrestlers as well and would rather see either someone else in the main event or someone else face HHH. An hour of or more ring time for one guy, with the exception of an iron man match, is unnecessary at Mania. Nobody is above the entire roster and deserves 1/4 of Mania dedicated to them, imo.

They really shoe horned Daniel Bryan in. Really hard.

I mean, the oven is hot, mistakes were made.. Perhaps we will in fact receive an epic WrestleMania win?

They pretty much had to add the bryan stipulation to the match imo wwe seriously overestimated batistas popularity and the general interest the fans would have in him facing orton at mania hardly anyone cares and the fans have made that very obvious to wwe.its not even certain bryan will actually get in the main event but at least its sparked interest in it because as it was i think even if batista and orton put on a great match the live crowd would do there very best to heckle them all the way through it would just be embarrassing.

Also i dont think adding bryan was part of the plan all along if batista got the heros welcome from the fans wwe where expecting they would have just stuck with him vs orton.plus the whole authority storyline has been all over the place from the get go i really doubt creative had any real idea where they wanted it to go when they first came up with it.i reckon they have more or less made up the whole thing as they went along.

The thing is that we still don't know why CM Punk walked out. We might never know, but I've never been of the mindset that it took him until the last weekend of January to realize he wouldn't be headlining WrestleMania 30. So I don't buy that he quit over the frustration of not being in the main event match. Furthermore, his program with Triple H had been developing since November. If you're to believe the reports that Punk didn't think Triple H was a big enough match for him, then why do you suppose it took him nearly two months to have this epiphany? Why didn't he walk out in November when the seeds to the WrestleMania match were clearly being planted?

To me, that report was bullshit because it ignored the obvious fact that CM Punk was seemingly fine with the proposed Triple H match for months - and suggested that he just woke up one day and changed his mind. Is it that crazy to think that something bigger happened between the time the Royal Rumble ended and the time Monday Night Raw went on the air the next night? Is it that crazy to think that the Triple H/Bryan match wasn't made because Punk walked out, but that Punk walked out because Triple H gave his WrestleMania spot to Daniel Bryan? The timeline adds up, and it certainly makes more sense to me than the alternative scenario.

It's because of this that I don't believe what we saw last night was the plan all along. If you want to believe it was the plan since the Royal Rumble, I won't argue - though, I am more inclined to believe that fallout from the Royal Rumble simply made the WWE realize that Bryan needed a higher-profile match at WrestleMania than Sheamus, and that's why they gave him Triple H. In my opinion, the triple-threat aspect probably came up at the Elimination Chamber when Batista proved he couldn't go more than 3 minutes in a match without blowing up. I can't prove that, though, which is why I won't argue the Royal Rumble timeline for the creation of this story. I have a real hard time believing a timeline that begins before that.

Now I won't complain about how things played out last night. It was an obvious stipulation added to the match - one that was predicted on these boards weeks ago. That's not a bad thing. I give the WWE kudos for not tripping over their feet here. Sometimes, when the obvious thing and the right thing are the same, you question how fans will react to it, and then you throw in 10 different twists that warp the story beyond recognition. Instead, they did what was right, didn't worry that it was obvious, and they did it by creating a moment that - if it hasn't yet - will become an iconic moment in wrestling history.

...and the only thing the WWE had to do to make all this happen was to alienate their second most popular wrestling.

DB beating trips and then winning the belt is just far too obvious. WWE is giving the fans what they want (presumably DB in the main event), so WWE will have to get something they want: Orton retaining.

There's no way DB loses to Trips. If that happens, fans will hijack the main event and WWE won't risk that, so DB will win that match. However, I don't think he'll win the belt in the main event. I think Trips, Kane, Stephanie will interfere, costing him the belt. Then they can say "you had your chance and you failed." I think Orton retains the title and then DB goes on to win the belt in his home state of Washington at Extreme Rules. That is what is best for business.

Timing is everything. Daniel Bryan perceived as getting screwed out of the title happened at the wrong time for Batista. I think Batista is perceived by some as being not that passionate about wrestling, evidenced by how he left to do MMA and movies. To have this kind of person come in and get a WrestleMania title shot immediately just leaves a bad taste with fans that I don't think WWE brass anticipated.

All that said, I think they had to do things this way. As long as Orton was going to keep the title, we couldn't endure more weeks of Orton vs Bryan, which we had seen repeatedly. Batista broke things up a bit, and while triple threat matches aren't always the greatest, certainly the every man for himself lead up to WrestleMania should now be much more interesting. But maybe not for Batista who I think is going to be looked at by fans as the third nipple in this match.

It's all cute and all but ... thank you WWE? For what? How about you thank the people who raised a fuss? Thank you WWE - my ass.

Thank them for what exactly? For being pressured by their fanbase to follow what THEY care about? For having fans tirelessly cheer for a guy despite WWE trying to bury him in many ways and kill off his momentum?

WWE didn't do this out of mercy, they did it out of fear. You shouldn't be thanking them, you should be blaming them for even having to get to the point where fans have to bitch to get what they want. It's not even a big thing people want, just push the little guy with the beard. That's all.

Fuck the WWE for forcing people to get to this stage. I'm not giving them any credit for anything. The rise of Daniel Bryan wasn't their idea, it was ours. We wanted him, they didn't. We thought he was good, they didn't.

WWE didn't do us a favor by doing this. They did what they should do - follow our fandom to a certain extent and give us what we want in cases when we DEFINITELY want it.

Hope they do the right thing, give the guy the belt and get it over with. Thanking them? Nope. Thank the fans, not the corporate schmucks.

When BioWare massacred the Mass Effect 3 game's ending and later on added a DLC with a tweaked one to fit our desires, did anyone thank them? Hell no. We were semi-satisfied, but we still new they fucked up big time. That's why they had to cover their asses. It's the same situation with the WWE. And no, it wasn't the plan all along. WWE hasn't been this clever since the 90's, there's no reason to think they are now. They're not.

They fucked up. People made it clear they want Bryan. They're doing damage control right now. They're still to blame, no credit given. Just another example of fans showing their influence. Sure, WWE could've said no and it's likely nothing would've happened, but they said yes (no pun intended) and they cracked. Fans 1, WWE 0.

Just sucks that we basically have to riot to get good wrestling nowadays. That's WWE for ya.

I love this idea in fact what I had was DB winning but Punk comes out in the end to knock the pure crap out of him lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back