Tag Team Titles: Who stops the cobra?

Who wins the WWE Tag Team Championships from Santino and Kozlov?

• Nexus(any combination)

• Chavo Guerrero and ????

• The Usos

• A "super power" tag team(ala JeriShow)

• other

Results are only viewable after voting.

LSN80

King Of The Ring
And by this, I mean Santino and Vladimir Kozlov, of course.

After failing in their first opportunity at Survivor Series, they went on to win the WWE Tag Team Championships in a Four-Way elimination tag team match on Raw on December 6, 2010 against The Usos, The Nexus and the team of Mark Henry and Yoshi Tatsu. This was done due to interference from John Cena, which lead to Santino hitting the cobra on Slater for the win.

Since then, Santino and Kozlov retained their WWE Tag Team titles by disqualification at TLC against Justin Gabriel and Heath Slater Nexus after Michael McGillicutty interferred on Santino in front of the referee. They also have appeared almost weekly on Smackdown to defend the titles against Chavo Guerrero and a partner of his chosing. Each match has ended the same, with Santino hitting the cobra followed by a rollup.

Despite being a comedy team, Santino and Kozlov have brought a sense of relevance to the WWE Tag Team Titles. Santino is insanely over, which has gotten Kozlov over in the process. The titles have been seemingly important to the pair, where the past champions have either used them to further a storyline, or simply as a prop. That being said, the purpose of the thread is to determine who will end the championship run of Santino and Kozlov. So I ask....

1. Who takes the Tag Team Championships from Santino and Kozlov?

2. When will it happen?

3. How would you book it/do you see it being booked?

1. The Uso's

2. The Rumble Maybe?

3. The way i see it happening is Tamina is leading Santino on and will eventually cost him and Kozlov a title match against the Uso's. That being said, i don't want to see the Uso's as champs at all.

The other possibility i see is Rey and Big Show teaming up to win the titles in some gimmick 4 team match, this depends on the angle they decide to take with Edge as champion though, and if Rey's feud with Ablerto Del Rio ends.

I don't know who stops Santino and Kozlov, but I don't think any current teams will. Nexus is focused on Cena, and they didn't do anything with the titles last time. I just don't see them taking the titles off of the super-over champions to Chavo and his partner or the Usos, seeing as neither of them get very much heat. The way I see it, Santino and Kozlov are in for a lengthy reign with the titles, and that's for the best, given the state of the tag division. The titles give an entertaining duo a reason to go on any show and entertain the crowd, and no other team in the WWE could do that, as it stands right now. The belts keep KozTino together, which keeps Santino relevant and actually makes Kozlov entertaining, something that hasn't been done before.

I have no problem with them defending the titles, or losing non-title matches, but I don't want to see them lose the titles to any current teams. I don't see them dropping the belts until a new team emerges from FCW or another tandem of already-established superstars emerges.

This one is incredibly difficult. With the WWE's requirements to become a tag team these days, anyone could be likely. From Chavo and Kane, to Undertaker and Jamie Noble. Seriously though, its tough picking a few guys that will be a team in the coming months. Out of the current three teams, I could make a case for Nexus again. Like Otunga said last week oin Monday Night RAW, they're under new managment. I n doubt could see CM Punk and the New Nexus taking all the belts on RAW if they need them looking strong again. The WWE tag team Championships are the kind of belts where it wouldn't hurt to win them oine day and lose them the nest. So I could deffinitely see two guys from Nexus stepping up oince again. Another would be the Uso's.

2. When will it happen?

Another toughy. Could be anytime see how the WWE Tag Team Championships aren't even remotely major titles. Could be on RAW, or who knoiws they could slop together another tag team turmoil again at a PPV to fill time.

With the WWE tag team titles, there doesn't even really need to be a story around it. With Nexus, they never really got their revenge oin Santino and Vladimir Koslov for defeating them a couple weeks back. So I could see them taking them out then asking for a match. Uso's, well Santino kinda just stole Tamina from them. So there has to be something there. Have Tamina turn on Santino during a match with the Uso's. Have her get in and clothesline Santino and costing Vladimir and Santino the titles. That's all I got.

The Uso's or Nexus will be Santino and Vladimir's foil.

My money is actually on Drew McIntyre teaming with someone and taking the titles... Perhaps more to "one up" Chavo, after his attack on him a few weeks back, than anything.

Probably at Elimination Chamber, or Wrestlemania. Vince would want his "Chosen one" to have a decent spot on the WM card.

I'm not sure who they'd team him with, but my vote is for McIntyre & ???.

NO ONE!!! XD
At least in the forseable future. There isn't a single tag team more over than them, and Nexus is really busy right now, so I imagine they're in for a long reign until a new tag team or alliance comes along. I doubt the Usos will get a shot, even with the Tamina thing. But on the off chance that I'm wrong, it'll be the Usos that take the belts off them.

2. When will it happen?
Sometime around Elimination Chamber/No Way Out. We can only guess, and my guess is that they'll try to set them up for a fued to culminate an Mania. Whether they'll actually lose them is a different story.

I'd like to see them lose it to an up and coming tag team or alliance and have them go at it at 'Mania- one that's already gaining momentum. One that's already entertaining and a little over. For too long they've used the belts to try and elevate teams that were at rock bottom. Ask Curt Hawkins, Zack Ryder or The Hart Dynasty.

I voted for Nexus, as much as the tag team titles mean nothing, I think they need some gold to make themselves relevant.

With CM Punk joining the faction this could be a good way to restart the whole thing.

2. When will it happen?

Hopefully sometime before Wrestlemania. I think Nexus will play a big part in 'Mania so they'll need to walk in with some gold.

Maybe on RAW? No later than Elimination Chamber.

I'd have Nexus (Gabriel and Slater) win the titles from Marella/Kozlov. Out of all the Nexus members, they need them the most.

As much as I really, really hope that I am wrong about this, I could see the WWE teaming up the newly signed Awesome Kong with an established WWE superstar, such as Mark Henry or Alex Riley, and have them be the ones to take the tag team titles away from Santino and Kozlov.

WWE seems to like pitting their dominant females against the male roster. Chyna did it, Beth Phoenix has done it, and as much as I would hate this, I could see them try this again with Awesome Kong. She would be, potentially, so dominant in the divas division that I could see them bypassing the ladies with her and going straight after the guys. While I think this would be an epic failure, I just for some reason can see them try it.

This way, she goes straight into action with the male roster, and avoids the women altogether, at least for a while until Beth Phoenix teaches her who's really the dominant female in the WWE. The guys who get defeated aren't made to look overly weak,because let's face it, Santino and Kozlov are basically only comic relief anyway and as such, can come back the following week as over with the WWE fans as ever, as opposed to if two legitimate guys (like Gabriel and Slater, for example) were to lose to a female, they'd be de-pushed big time.

As I said, I hope this doesn't play out this way, but I could see a Kong/Henry tag team championship run. Or even worse, a Kong/Riley reign. Awesome!!!

I am pretty sure it is going to be another thrown together tag team. May sound stupid, but if they don't give Orton anything to do I can see him being put with someone to win them. Maybe with Y2J when he returns so they can further their storyline. Sort of like an Angle/Benoit scenario where they hate each other but they have titles so they try and make it work then Y2J costs them it by walking out on Orton. Again I'm just really throwing things out there as it wouldn't make sense for a guy that Orton punted to be teaming with him but it's WWE so who knows.

2. When will it happen?

Probably on a random Raw before or after the rumble. It's very hard to say seeing as how over Koslov and Santino are as a team. Maybe they issue an open challenge at the rumble to any team and we get some random jobber team that comes out and wins the titles in a "shocker"

Going with my Orton/Jericho idea from earlier is the only way I can think of it being booked just because I can't see who else besides the Usos which no one wants to see win nor cares if they do. Someone mentioned Awesome Kong as that would be horrible if it happened I can see it. LOL at the thought of her an Big Zeke becoming an onscreen couple and forming a tag team. Damn that would be some scary shit

Well, there is no tag division, so it might be a while before they lose the belts.

I think a lengthy reign of a mega-over team is what the E needs, and it can slowly build some new tag teams that hopefully don't keep breaking up and getting future endeavored before they even have their first actual match.

Tamina turns on Santino, helping the Usos win the titles & leading to a feud between the teams. Maybe Beth Phoenix gets involved as well, seeing as she kissed Santino a couple of weeks ago. I don't think this will happen for a while though. I think the Usos need a couple of months of winning matches & building up their legitimacy. The Usos wouldn't necessarily be my first choice though. I think Harris & McGillicuty from Nexus would make a good team. Maybe with Punk taking charge of Nexus we'll see a renewed push for one of their tag teams.

Are there even any other tag teams in the WWE? The only "team" I could think of is the Uso's and they don't deserve the belt anytime soon. I predict that they will hold them for quite a while, they use the titles well and bring comedy to PPVs even if they wouldn't be an ideal powerful tag team.

Hopefully they will lose the titles soon to the Uso's. I think they have long since earned it, and with their Wild Samoan/Headshrinker heritage it would make sense for them to hold some gold. Tamina will turn heel and reunite with the Usos, eventually winning the womens title.

I'd rather see the Nexus hold it, or some kind of make shift team.

My guess is we'll see another random tag team similar to Rhodes/McIntyre that comes out of the blue, wins the titles, and does nothing with them for a while. I'd like to see Edge and Christian hold the titles at some point, and I also wouldn't mind a tag team between Sheamus/McIntyre (particularly to get Sheamus out of the main event haha), but I can't see that happening, especially not at the moment.

So yeah, I'm guessing we have some random combination of two guys...or maybe Kidd/Andrews.

How about Xavier woods and wes brisco from fcw... Kidd and Andrews...for all we know trent barretta and darren young... It doesnt matter becuase Santino and Vlad are goin to keep them for a while

As much as I really, really hope that I am wrong about this, I could see the WWE teaming up the newly signed Awesome Kong with an established WWE superstar, such as Mark Henry or Alex Riley, and have them be the ones to take the tag team titles away from Santino and Kozlov.

WWE seems to like pitting their dominant females against the male roster. Chyna did it, Beth Phoenix has done it, and as much as I would hate this, I could see them try this again with Awesome Kong. She would be, potentially, so dominant in the divas division that I could see them bypassing the ladies with her and going straight after the guys. While I think this would be an epic failure, I just for some reason can see them try it.

Terrible! First of all.. Beth Phoenix has never won a mens title belt in wwe. Chyna winning the belt was a one time thing. I am very glad your not a WWE Booker this idea is FAIL.

As for the topic. I voted for Nexus with their new CM Punk garnered interest they will look to win title belts and it wont be CM Punk looking to have Nexus help them in all his matches, He wins on his own. Therefore CM Punk will lead Nexus as a mentor of sorts to win the United States belt (remember he was scouting Daniel Bryan).... and they will have Husky Harris and Henning win the tag belts or Justin and Gabrielle regain their belts that was stolen from them on the night Cena "was fired."

Let's face it, the best tag team in WWE in 2010 was Orton & Cena, so they could win them but lose them the next week to CM Punk and The Miz.:worship: Hail SSE and Nexus!

Sorry, this is one of my first posts on the site, so I have no idea how to use the quote thing or something like that.

As much as I don't see it happening anytime soon, Edge & Christian, but yeah, it would be nice to see them win the titles. I also do not see Zack Ryder & Curt Hawkins aka Major Bros getting back together either, so to be honest, as embarrassing as it seems, yeah, they'll be in for a lengthy reign as tag-team champions.

2. When will it happen?
I don't think I would pay to see them lose the titles on a PPV, nor would 98% of the fanbase probably, and the Tag titles have really, and I mean REALLY has lost its prestige and worth to the tag division and the whole tag team division, so I'd probably say RAW, SmackDown!, or even Superstars could be a possibility if WWE allowed title matches to happen on Superstars. Or it could possibly happen at a house show. (You know it has happened before.)

In attempts to bring the tag division back up, I'd have a Tag-Team Royal Rumble match at the Royal Rumble with 5-15 teams in the match, but I do not see it happening though, it's only how I would book it...

I am not really sure at this point. It could be any of the options that were provided as well as something totally random.

I think what I would like to see, is some version of Nexus winning it. Any combination of the group would probably be an okay decision. It is another good way to keep legitimizing the group.

I think CM Punk and one of the guys would be kind of cool. Another "Feather in the cap of Punk".

Maybe David Otunga and Justin Gabriel win it. Then Wade Barrett returns with Skip Sheffield as a partner to take them on. That could make for a pretty damn good feud. There is already a back story to this angle. So adding the Tag Team Championships to the mix would only add intensity to this storyline.

It could make the Tag Titles a bit more relevant and start the process of rebuilding the division.

Just a thought......

Million Dollar Dream:
"Terrible! First of all.. Beth Phoenix has never won a mens title belt in wwe. Chyna winning the belt was a one time thing. I am very glad your not a WWE Booker this idea is FAIL."

Did you read all of his post, or did you just skim through it? He clearly stated that he too thought it would be terrible, but something the WWE would do anyway. On to the topic...

I'm gonna hve to go with the Uso's. Not that they deserve the belts, but as others have said, Tamina turning on Santino/Kozlov would be a pretty decent payoff to their little love angle. And maybe winning the titles could be the thing that would finally get the Uso's over, as anything they've tried has failed miserably. I also think a Mark Henry/R-Truth team could catch on if getting the proper push.

Terrible! First of all.. Beth Phoenix has never won a mens title belt in wwe. Chyna winning the belt was a one time thing. I am very glad your not a WWE Booker this idea is FAIL.

Thanks for taking the time to respond to my post. Perhaps next time, though, you might like to take an extra minute or two to actually read what I said, before running your mouth in such a critical fashion.

Did I ever suggest that Beth Phoenix ever won a men's title? I don't think so, I simply said that WWE liked having her face male competition because she was so physically imposing. I realize Chyna's belt was a one-time deal, did I suggest otherwise? She fought against males on a frequent basis, and I believe, rightly or wrongly, that Awesome Kong will too.

Plus, I stated that I was not a fan of the idea, but simply that was what I thought could happen. By the way, when it does, you'll be the first guy I look up to bring the matter to your attention.

No, I am not a WWE Booker, that much is true. But with all due respect, the epic fail here is not my suggestion regarding the tag team division. The epic fail here is your apparent inability to read a post and understand what is being said, whether you agree with it or not.

Others have already mentioned Tamina turning on Santino, and I think there is a strong possibility that something like this could happen. The Usos defeated KozTino last night, so they will be next in line for a shot at the Unified Tag Team Titles. Tamina could stab Santino in the back by giving him the Cobra or a low blow while the ref is distracted somehow. This could be big for Tamina if this actually goes down. She could be pushed towards the Divas Championship, and I would like to see her get a shot. Tamina turning on Santino could help get The Usos over as heels big time. I wouldn't have a problem with The Usos as Tag Team Champions. The Usos aren't a bad tag team, but I wouldn't do this right away. WWE should give these two more time to build themselves up, and they could be wearing tag team gold when the Royal Rumble rolls around.

KozTino had a spark when they first won the the gold from Nexus on Raw, but I've soured on these two pretty quickly. Their reign has been pretty underwhelming so far. I think putting the titles on KozTino sounded like a good idea, but if you ask me, everything has fell flat.

I'm going for some random team to take the titles in the line of Darren Young & Mark Henry. I'm not sure why I just feel that there'll be some sort of gauntlet match at Elimination Chamber where KozTino will lose the belts and some random team will win them. I know that Young & Henry is sort of meh but the point I was going for was that it won't be an already mad Tag Team like the USO's

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back