Sycho Sid - Should the WWE sign him? *Spoiler Alert*

*sigh*

Are we going to have one of these threads every week until the 1000th Raw?

Please understand people that Slater jobbing to a different legend each week is actually for Slater's benefit and WWE would have no interest in adding any 50 year old liabilities to an already crowded roster.

Sids day has passed and no, I would have no interest in seeing him every week. He couldnt handle it for a start.

Sid looked like shit to me!!!

No.

Sid did not look good physically. He was a shell of his former self. I became depressed as soon as he stepped through the curtains. It was the opposite of what I felt when Vader came out.

No.

Sid did not look good in the ring. He can barely move. I was surprised that he could pull off the power bomb even on Slater.

No.

WWE should not re-sign him. A Legends Contract? Ehhh... only if I have to see him and become depressed once a year.

Seriously, I get depressed when I see former great wrestlers come out looking like they woke up in their car. I would rather not see them and imagine that they're doing ok in the "real world."

It was nice seeing him back, when I read it on the WWE website, I quickly watched the video because I wanted to see him! It was nice seeing him, hearing his theme again, the powerbomb! But that's it, It's just one off and I don't think we'll see him again.. Maybe at the 1000th episode..

If they have him signed up to a legends contract, fair enough, make some action figures whatever, but don't expect to see him every week.

why is there always some dumb bozo always saying "give 'em oneee lassst runnn!" is what i dont get..?

Now you all are saying Sid wasn't too versatile or vertical in his prime, I agree but thats okay because he had the raw power to compensate. His limited skill set was alright to me so long as his opponent was a bit divergent from him or we seen him going against other big men.

Idk wtf the status of his leg is after that God forsaken match he had in WCW but i know he was very robotic in his match. He seemed like he wanted to keep his back strait at all times. He seemed like he had a stroke and one side of his body couldnt move. The match seemed bad at certain points, and even though Heath had no chance against him that wasn't completely clear to some observers which aint good for Sid. I'm surprised those dumb fans knew who he was since Cena even stated later that night most of the audience was between 8 and 9 years old.. Sting and Nash are the only wrestlers in their 50s that are moving around decent.. Sid's face looked so ragged..

Sid and Nash are about the same age. Sid has a much better power bomb in his repertoire, can move in the ring rather than hobble, and has better ring presence. They more than likely won't sign Sid, let alone feature him again. Nash, with his two bad knees and extremely rusty mic skills was allowed back and almost ruined CM Punk's momentum. It appears Sid doesn't have the same connections, or stroke that Nash has.

Sid and Nash are about the same age. Sid has a much better power bomb in his repertoire, can move in the ring rather than hobble, and has better ring presence.

... Did you happen to actually watch the match? Can move in the ring? Are you fucking joking?

They more than likely won't sign Sid, let alone feature him again. Nash, with his two bad knees and extremely rusty mic skills was allowed back and almost ruined CM Punk's momentum.

You'd be hard pressed to find someone who loved Nash's return, I wasn't exactly a fan. But your version of what transpired is a far cry from what actually happened. Nash managed to actually put Punk over a bit without even having a match with him. Punk showing no fear towards a guy who is clearly his physical superior was a giant step toward turning Punk into a super babyface. Nash hurt nothing.

Having Punk stand up to Sid wouldn't have had the same effect, Sid isn't even remotely physically intimidating anymore.

It appears Sid doesn't have the same connections, or stroke that Nash has.

Or talent. Can't forget that one.

Seeing as Sycho Sid was on the last Raw episode. And he seems to be in a good shape, yet for some reason looks smaller. And the crowd, surprisingly knew who he is, and cheered for him the whole match (it might be also the hatred toward Heath Slater). Also seeing that he performed well, even for a 2 minute squash match, made me wonder if the WWE should sign him for a contract?

NO. What Sycho Sid did was a onetime thing for nostalgia's sake. He is nothing like he used to be in his prime. None of his moves transitioned well 'cause it looked like he was pausing between each move at Hulk Hogan's current pace. It did not look good. He had a weak spine buster. His powerbomb was the only half decent looking move he did. While I do enjoy Heath Slater coming out and throwing out hint-based phrases as to who his mystery WWE legend opponent is gonna be, some guys like Sycho Sid just aren't in their top form to perform on a frequent basis for the WWE, let alone via contract. Vader on the other hand was still pretty good, but still not long-term or even short-term contract worthy. Let it be an occasional thing.

Sid and Nash are about the same age. Sid has a much better power bomb in his repertoire, can move in the ring rather than hobble, and has better ring presence. They more than likely won't sign Sid, let alone feature him again. Nash, with his two bad knees and extremely rusty mic skills was allowed back and almost ruined CM Punk's momentum. It appears Sid doesn't have the same connections, or stroke that Nash has.

Your a fool man.. There powerbomb is exactly the same, i think your confusing theirs with a Batista bomb.. Both have had damage to their legs but recovery is not impossible and wear depends on variables such as work rate and schedule not a single match or half a dozen in a month.. Nash did not look old or rinkly, he still spoke with charisma and swag, and he did not get hurt. it doesnt matter that he has gotten hurt, he did not hurt himself in his last run. Sid looked like he was being moved around the match by a puppeteer for pete's sake..

look, here's the thing...Sid is an asshole...he would be just another Scott Hall...he has problems, he likes to do what he likes to do and if his schedule conflicted with what the WWE needed him for, he wouldn't have even shown up last night...Scott Hall and Sid both are extremely talented (Hall more so) but they just don't belong in the lime light anymore...and it makes me sad because I'd love to see them all the time, but I know I'd just be getting my hopes up and eventually get let down...I don't mind his one time appearance and I wouldn't mind seeing anyone from the past just one more time...

i have to agree with you bringing back sid would be a bad idea. maybe once more at the 1000th episode of raw in a attitude era over the top rope battle royal but that would be it for me. he would more then likely course to many problems back stage

Sid snapped his leg in 2001, making him even more immobile than he as in his previous WWE run in the mid 90's. Being 50+ doesn't help either. Aside from the occasional nostalgia pop, he definitely isn't worth a full time contract.

Hold on.......Did some really just compare Sid and Ricky the Dragon Steamboat. Are we serous. Because Sid was able to throw around Heath Slater, you compare that to Steamboat one of the all time best wrestlers with a match against another great performer Jericho to Sid and Slater on Raw. My friend I gpong to have to pull your wrestling card.
Anyway, I didn’t mind seeing Sid that night, it was different and we haven’t seen him in 15 years. Yea he looks great for his age, but he wasn’t great then back in the day. Hate to tell you but if your big enough you don’t have to be a great wrestler to clothesline people, side slam people, and power bomb people. Isn’t that right Kahili and Show? Nash is in great shape to for his age, but we give him crap. Let’s just be real, we don’t want to see him all the time.

Should WWE sign Sid? No. Multiplied by the number of times Sid has no-showed, acted like an ass or threatened to kill a 17 year old dirt-sheet reporter.

Sid is a liability.

I think they should. I always liked him. Bringing him back would add something to the company a "fresh" face that has not seen in the WWE since i can't remember when. Heck lets bring him back for a short time first then we can see how he does. I would love to see Cena vs him.

I liked Sid back in the day and was thrilled when he became WWE champ. He was never a finesse guy. He was more of a power, high impact player type of performer.

When I saw him on Raw, he looked like he was going to turn to ash right there in the ring. He has nothing left. Maybe he needs the money, maybe not, but he doesn't have the ability to be a full time active wrestler. He needs to go take a nap and check the want ads for security work if he needs money.

No the WWE shouldn't sign Sid as a current talent. The 52 year old former Raw maineventer did "what it said on the tin" for his segment of 1000th RAW celebration buildup.

The company need to be spending time and effort on elevating the next wave of talent. Using Sid would be taking TV time and money that should be focused elsewhere. And it isn't really even as though Sid could be used to elevate someone by feuding with them. As I don't believe his stock has that much value. Sid simply isn't in the physical condition anymore to work the matches or schedule to be a feature talent. That is no criticism of a 52 year old man.

Sid should be recognised for what he was and sit comfortably with a WWE Legends contract at most.

No wrestling company should be building their product around inring talent in their late 40's and above.

For what purpose? He doesn't look in good shape as far as WWE standards are concerned. And whose air-time would he take? The Heath Slater with the legends each week has been a great segment, IMO. But a full-time Sid return seems like a complete stretch. There was interest from Sid for a return a few years ago, and WWE wasn't interested. So why would they do it now?

The pop he got last night was because of two things: we haven't seen him in a long time, and the average fan was glad to see someone come down to beat up Slater. Sid had a really successful career, as both WWF and WCW Champion, but he is at retirement age now. Maybe he could still do the odd Indie show for a few years, but his days at the top were over a decade ago.

he can be used but not every day. if they brought him in as a body guard where you see him wrestle once every few months, then that might work but I can not see him being on Raw or Smackdown every week. his time is over.

Sid was a main eventer, he was fairly slow, he was just a large man who was alright at wrestling, and was over with the crowd. His match with slater on raw, yes it was cool, but I wouldn't resign the Sid he is to slow, he is smaller, he wouldn't be able to do it anymore. A legends contract at best, and maybe not even that, he is past his prime, he isn't at the same place he once was, and he should just focus on living out the rest of his life as wonderful, and pain free as possible.

I would love to see him in the wwe. He would be great. I think he could carry his own. He just brings that it factor you know. I always liked his theme music. His promos may need a little work still. I wonder what storyline he would have or who he would have to beat. I really do want to see him in the wwe VIDEO GAME.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back