Survivor Series / War Games / Lock Down “Dream” Teams

King Patrick Star

K. O. T. R. 2007 -€“ Team Undisputed
Survivor Series / War Games / Lock Down “Dream” Teams

I got Survivor Series 1989 in the mail today. After watching half of it, I started thinking of trading a few of the Superstars around and changing history.

Survivor Series 1989

The Original Card

The Dream Team (Dusty Rhodes, Brutus Beefcake, The Red Rooster and Tito Santana)
vs.
The Enforcers (The Big Boss Man, Bad News Brown, Rick Martel and the Honky Tonk Man) (with Jimmy Hart and Slick)

The King's Court (Randy Savage, Canadian Earthquake, Dino Bravo and Greg Valentine) (with Jimmy Hart and Sensational Queen Sherri)
vs.
The 4x4's (Jim Duggan, Bret Hart, Ronnie Garvin and Hercules)

The Hulkamaniacs (Hulk Hogan, Demolition (Ax and Smash) and Jake Roberts)
vs.
The Million $ Team (Ted DiBiase, Powers of Pain (The Warlord and The Barbarian) and Zeus) (with Virgil and Mr. Fuji)

The Rude Brood (Rick Rude, Mr. Perfect, The Fabulous Rougeaus (Jacques and Raymond)) (with The Genius and Jimmy Hart)
vs.
Roddy's Rowdies (Roddy Piper, Jimmy Snuka and The Bushwhackers (Butch and Luke)

The Ultimate Warriors (The Ultimate Warrior, The Rockers (Shawn Michaels and Marty Jannetty) and Jim Neidhart)
vs.
The Heenan Family (Bobby Heenan, André the Giant, Haku and Arn Anderson)

My revision

6-Team / 12-Man Tag Team Survivor Series Elimination match.

The Face Tag Teams of Fall 1989 without the Tag Team Champions – Hart Foundation (Bret Hart and Jim Neidhart), the Rockers (Shawn Michaels and Marty Jannetty), and The Bushwhackers (Butch and Luke)
vs.
The Heel Tag Teams of Fall 1989 without the number one contenders to the Tag Titles – The Fabulous Rougeaus (Jacques and Raymond), the Jimmy Hart Foundation (Canadian Earthquake and Dino Bravo), and the New Brain Busters (Haku and Arn Anderson) (with Jimmy Hart and Bobby Heenan)

20-Man Survivor Series Elimination match – Make the "Dream Team" and the "King’s Court" as big as their respective Team names sound!!

The Dream Team (Dusty Rhodes, Brutus Beefcake, The Red Rooster, Tito Santana, Jim Duggan, Ronnie Garvin, Hercules, Jake Roberts, Roddy Piper, and Jimmy Snuka)
vs.
The King's Court (Randy Savage, Greg Valentine, The Big Boss Man, Bad News Brown, Rick Martel, The Honky Tonk Man, Ted DiBiase, Virgil, Rick Rude, Mr. Perfect, ) (with Jimmy Hart, Slick, The Genius and Sensational Queen Sherri)

8-Man Survivor Series Elimination Championship match – If the Challengers win the match, regardless of how many Survivors, all of the Titles Change hands.

The Ultimate Maniacs (WWE Champion, Hulk Hogan, WWE Tag Team Champions, Demolition (Ax and Smash) and WWE Intercontinental Champion, The Ultimate Warrior)
vs.
The Challengers (André the Giant, Powers of Pain (The Warlord and The Barbarian) and Zeus) (with Mr. Fuji and Bobby Heenan)

I’d actually like to see the Andre and Zeus as the Survivors of this match. If all of the Heels would have won all of the Titles in one night back in the late 80s, the Survivor Series would be the place to do it. Championship rules apply and no count out.

Survivor Series Teams - Post Brand Extension – "Bragging Rights" Main Events

Raw – (Triple H, Christian and Chris Jericho)
vs.
Smackdown – (Brock Lesnar, Edge and Rey Mysterio)

Raw – (Goldberg, Rob Van Dam and The Dudley Boyz)
vs.
Smackdown – (Brock Lesnar, The Big Show and The Basham Brothers)

Raw – (Triple H, Shelton Benjamin, and La Résistance (Robért Conway and Sylvain Grenier))
vs.
Smackdown – (John Bradshaw Layfield, Carlito Caribbean Cool and René Duprée and Kenzo Suzuki)

Raw – (John Cena, Ric Flair, Kane and The Big Show)
vs.
Smackdown – (Batista, Booker T. and MNM)

Raw – (John Cena, Jeff Hardy and Rated RKO)
vs.
Smackdown – (King Booker, Chris Benoit, Paul London and Brian Kendrick)

Raw – (Randy Orton, Jeff Hardy, Lance Cade and Trevor Murdoch)
vs.
Smackdown – (Batista, Montel Vontavious Porter, John Morrison and The Miz)

Raw – (Chris Jericho, William Regal, CM Punk and Kofi Kingston)
vs.
Smackdown – (Triple H, Shelton Benjamin, The Colóns)

Raw – (John Cena, The Miz, and Big Show)
vs.
Smackdown – (The Undertaker, John Morrison, and Chris Jericho)

WWE – (Randy Orton, Kane, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, and Ted DiBiase Jr.)
vs.
Nexus – (Wade Barrett, David Otunga, Heath Slater, Justin Gabriel amd John Cena)

Great Thread! I'll change the Survivor Series main events I would have liked to have seen using only wrestlers already on the card.

Survivor Series 1987
Hulk Hogan, Randy Savage, Bam Bam Bigelow, Ricky Steamboat, Jake Roberts

vs.

Andre The Giant, King Kong Bundy, One Man Gang, Rick Rude, Harley Race

Survivor Series 1988
Hulk Hogan, Randy Savage, Ultimate Warrior, Jake Roberts, Jim Duggan

vs.

Andre The Giant, Ted DiBiase, Haku, Akeem, Big Bossman

Survivor Series 1989
Hulk Hogan, Ultimate Warrior, Dusty Rhodes, Roddy Piper, Bret Hart

vs.

Andre The Giant, Randy Savage, Zeus, Earthquake, Mr. Perfect

Survivor Series 1990
Hulk Hogan, Ultimate Warrior, Dusty Rhodes, Hawk, Animale

vs.

Sgt. Slaughter, Ted DiBiase, Undertaker, Earthquake, Mr. Perfect

Survivor Series 1991
Hulk Hogan, Roddy Piper, Bret Hart, Big Bossman, Texas Tornado

vs.

Ric Flair, Undertaker, Ted DiBiase, Earthquake, Typhoon

Survivor Series 1992
Randy Savage, Bret Hart, Mr. Perfect, Big Boss Man, Undertaker

vs.

Ric Flair, Shawn Michaels, Razor Ramon, Yokozuna, Rick Martel

Survivor Series 1993
Undertaker, Lex Luger, Rick Steiner, Scott Steiner, Razor Ramon

vs.

Yokozuna, Diesel, Crush, Ludvig Borga, Bam Bam Bigelow

I think these would be some of the best matches of all time. I'll come back later and post more. Great thread!

My "dream team" thing is my correction of the WWf vs. Alliance angle! I think it could of been possibly the most star struck main event in the history of wrestling if everything would of worked out that way!

Here is the Original 5 man Elimination tag match
The Rock, Jericho, Kane, Taker, Show vs. Austin, Angle, Booker T, Shane, RVD

Here is my revision( now dream team to me literally means DREAM TEAM so here we go)

WWF
The Rock, Austin, Taker, HHH, Angle, Jericho (W/Vince)

vs. (Ref. Hebner, Patrick) (Commentary: Lawler, J.R., Shivane) (Announcer: Michael Buffer)

Goldberg, Sting, Hogan, Nash, DDP, Hall (W/Shane)

This match could of been so stinkin EPIC but it fell through big time because of the stupid stars of WCW not wanting to sign with Vince because stupid Vince would bury them so stinkin fast. Both parties at fault in that one. But honestly if you look at those two teams and tell me that is not the dream match that everyone expected then i dont think you are a true wrestling fan, it is the TOP 6 of each brand and it would of been so EPIC!!

WWF
The Rock, Austin, Taker, HHH, Angle, Jericho (W/Vince)

vs. (Ref. Hebner, Patrick) (Commentary: Lawler, J.R., Shivane) (Announcer: Michael Buffer)

Goldberg, Sting, Hogan, Nash, DDP, Hall (W/Shane)

This match could of been so stinkin EPIC but it fell through big time because of the stupid stars of WCW not wanting to sign with Vince because stupid Vince would bury them so stinkin fast. Both parties at fault in that one. But honestly if you look at those two teams and tell me that is not the dream match that everyone expected then i dont think you are a true wrestling fan, it is the TOP 6 of each brand and it would of been so EPIC!!

This is very similar to what I posted in the Invasion thread in this forum a week or so ago, where I pointed out that the WWF vs WCW/ECW feud would have been so much better had Vince waited until other members of WCW had been released from their contracts or they had expired.

This would have eliminated the need to switch Angle (never in WCW) and Austin (a guy who hates WCW) over to the opposition in order to give the team more name value. If Vince had waited until the next year or so then the team could have been much stronger, and other WWE names with WCW links could have switched sides also if neccesary- e.g Jericho or Benoit.

In an ideal world, the WWF vs WCW teams should have looked like this.

Team WWF

Leader: Vince McMahon

Stone Cold Steve Austin, The Rock, Triple H, Undertaker, Kane, Kurt Angle, Chris Jericho, Chris Benoit

vs

Team WCW

Leaders: Eric Bischoff/Shane McMahon

Goldberg, Ric Flair, Sting, Hollywood Hogan, Kevin Nash, DDP, Booker T, Scott Steiner

That would have been a match with the most star power possible at that time, and that is without including guys like Big Show or Scott Hall.

If WWF had wanted to include ECW in the feud then I would have switched Jericho and Benoit from team WWF to team ECW and dropped Steiner and Page from team WCW, making it 6 vs 6 vs 6. Team ECW would have looked like this...

Team ECW

Leader: Paul Heyman
Rob Van Dam, Tazz, Raven, Mike Awesome, Chris Jericho, Chris Benoit

In my eyes that would be the greatest Survivor Series main event of all time. The 3 major promotions each putting 6 of their biggest ever names against each other....it would have been amazing

Great Teams WZers!!

I have a few edits I’d like to make to my Post-Brand Extension Survivor Series Main Events.

Survivor Series Teams - Post Brand Extension – "Bragging Rights" Main Events

Raw – (Triple H, Christian and Chris Jericho)
vs.
Smackdown – (Brock Lesnar, Edge and Rey Mysterio)

Raw – (Goldberg, Rob Van Dam and The Dudley Boyz)
vs.
Smackdown – (Brock Lesnar, The Big Show and The Basham Brothers)

Raw – (Triple H, Shelton Benjamin, and La Résistance (Robért Conway and Sylvain Grenier))
vs.
Smackdown – (John Bradshaw Layfield, Carlito Caribbean Cool and René Duprée and Kenzo Suzuki)

Raw – (John Cena, Ric Flair, Kane and The Big Show)
vs.
Smackdown – (Batista, Booker T. and MNM)

Raw – (John Cena, Jeff Hardy and Rated RKO)
vs.
Smackdown – (King Booker, Chris Benoit, Paul London and Brian Kendrick)

Raw – (Randy Orton, Jeff Hardy, Lance Cade and Trevor Murdoch)
vs.
Smackdown – (Batista, Montel Vontavious Porter, John Morrison and The Miz)

Raw – (Chris Jericho, William Regal, CM Punk and Kofi Kingston)
vs.
Smackdown – (Triple H, Shelton Benjamin, The Colóns)

Raw – (John Cena, The Miz, and Big Show)
vs.
Smackdown – (The Undertaker, John Morrison, and Chris Jericho)

WWE – (Randy Orton, Kane, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, and Ted DiBiase Jr.)
vs.
Nexus – (Wade Barrett, David Otunga, Heath Slater, Justin Gabriel amd John Cena)

Raw – (Triple H, Christian and Chris Jericho) (with Trish Stratus and Eric Bischoff)
vs.
Smackdown – (Brock Lesnar, Edge and Rey Mysterio) (with Jamie Noble and Stephanie McMahon)

Raw – (Goldberg, Rob Van Dam and The Dudley Boyz) (with Molly Holly and Eric Bischoff)
vs.
Smackdown – (Brock Lesnar, The Big Show and The Basham Brothers) (with Tajiri and Paul Heyman)

Raw – (Triple H, Shelton Benjamin, and La Résistance (Robért Conway and Sylvain Grenier)) (with Trish Stratus and Eric Bischoff)
vs.
Smackdown – (John Bradshaw Layfield, Carlito Caribbean Cool and René Duprée and Kenzo Suzuki) (with Spike Dudley and Theodore Long)

Raw – (John Cena, Ric Flair, Kane and The Big Show) (with Trish Stratus and Eric Bischoff)
vs.
Smackdown – (Batista, Booker T. and MNM) (with Juventud and Theodore Long)

2006 – Big Show and Paul Heyman are the Special Guest Ring Enforcers
Raw – (John Cena, Jeff Hardy and Rated RKO) (with Lita and Eric Bischoff)
vs.
Smackdown – (King Booker, Chris Benoit, Paul London and Brian Kendrick) (with Gregory Helms and Theodore Long)

2007 – CM Punk and Armando Estrada are the Special Guest Ring Enforcers
Raw – (Randy Orton, Jeff Hardy, Lance Cade and Trevor Murdoch) (with Beth Phoenix and William Regal)
vs.
Smackdown – (Batista, Montel Vontavious Porter, John Morrison and The Miz) (with Hornswoggle or Chavo Guerrero and Vickie Guerrero)

2008 – Matt Hardy and Theodore Long are the Special Guest Ring Enforcers
Raw – (Chris Jericho, William Regal, CM Punk and Kofi Kingston) (with Beth Phoenix, Shane McMahon and Stephanie McMahon)
vs.
Smackdown – (Triple H, Shelton Benjamin, The Colóns) (with Michelle McCool and Vickie Guerrero)

2009 – Christian and Tiffany are the Special Guest Ring Enforcers
Raw – (John Cena, The Miz, and Big Show) (with Melina and Roddy Piper)
vs.
Smackdown – (The Undertaker, John Morrison, and Chris Jericho) (with Michelle McCool and Theodore Long)

WWE – (Randy Orton, Kane, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Ted DiBiase Jr., Cody Rhodes and Drew McIntyre) (with LayCool)
vs.
Nexus – (Wade Barrett, David Otunga, Heath Slater, Justin Gabriel, John Cena, Michael McGillicutty and Husky Harris) (with Kaitlyn and Naomi)

Survivor Series 2000

Steve Austin, The Undertaker, The Rock and Chris Jericho (and Hardcore Holly if you want 5)
vs.
Triple H, Kurt Angle, Rikishi, and Kane (and William Regal if you want 5)

Survivor Series 2001

In this version of the “Invasion”…the War has just began.

Round One

Match One
Blue Word Order – Big Stevie Cool, Hollywood Nova, Da Blue Guy, and Taka Michinoku
vs.
ECW – Shane Douglas, The Sandman, Raven, and Taz

Match Two
New World Order – Hulk Hogan, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, and The Big Show
vs.
WCW – Ric Flair, Big Van Vader, Booker T., and Sting

Match Three
NWA – Steve Corino, Jason Rumble, and The New Heavenly Bodies ("Casanova" Chris Nelson and "Vivacious" Vito DeNucci)
vs.
The Radicalz – Chris Benoit, Eddie Guerrero, Dean Malenko and Chris Jericho

Match Four
D-Generation X – Shawn Michaels, Triple H, Mr. @$$, and Road Dogg
vs.
WWF – Stone Cold Steve Austin, The Rock, Kurt Angle, and Undertaker

Round Two

Match Five
The winner of match 1
vs.
The winner of match 2

Match Six
The winner of match 3
vs.
The winner of match 4

Round Three

Match Seven
The winner of match 5
vs.
The winner of match 6

I have a question. When advancing to the next round, should the winning team start back at full strength or should only the Survivors move on in the Tournament??

King Patrick I like your idea of having Raw vs Smackdown every year except instead of just being Raw vs Smackdown I would do it Raw Faces vs Raw Heels vs SD Faces vs SD Heels so here is my take on that concept since the brand extension.

RAW Faces: Shawn Michaels, Rob Van Dam, Booker T, Kane, & Stone Cold
v.s.
RAW Heels: Triple H, Chris Jericho, Christian, Test, & Lance Storm
v.s.
SD Faces: The Rock, Edge, Rey Mysterio, Brock Lesnar, & The Undertaker
v.s.
SD Heels: Kurt Angle, Big Show, Chris Benoit, & Los Guerreros

Raw Faces: Goldberg, Shawn Michaels, Shane McMahon, RVD, & Stone Cold
v.s.
Raw Heels: Triple H, The Rock, Chris Jericho, Kane, & Randy Orton
v.s.
SD Faces: Kurt Angle, Chris Benoit, Edge, Rey Mysterio, & Hulk Hogan
v.s.
SD Heels: Brock Lesnar, Big Show, A-Train, John Cena, & Mr McMahon

Raw Faces: Chris Benoit, Shawn Michaels, Chris Jericho, Edge, & Shelton Benjamin
v.s.
Raw Heels: Triple H, Batista, Randy Orton, Kane, & Christian
v.s.
SD Faces: Eddie Guerrero, John Cena, RVD, Rey Mysterio, & Big Show
v.s.
SD Heels: Kurt Angle, JBL, Booker T, & The Dudley Boys

Raw Faces: John Cena, Shawn Michaels, Big Show, Ric Flair, & Shelton Benjamin
v.s.
Raw Heels: Triple H, Kurt Angle, Edge. Carlito, & Chris Masters
vs
SD Faces: Batista, Chris Benoit, Bobby Lashley, Rey Mysterio, & Chavo Guerrero
v.s.
SD Heels: JBL, Randy Orton, Mr Kennedy, & MNM

Raw Faces: John Cena, Triple H, Shawn Michaels, Jeff Hardy, & Kane
v.s.
Raw Heels: Edge, Randy Orton, Umaga, Lance Cade, & Trevor Murdoch
v.s.
SD Faces: Batista, Rey Mysterio, Chris Benoit, Bobby Lashley, & Matt Hardy
v.s.
SD Heels: Great Khali, King Booker, Finlay, Mr Kennedy, & MVP
v.s.
ECW Faces: RVD, Sabu, Tommy Dreamer, Sandman, & CM Punk
v.s.
ECW Heels: The Big Show, Hardcore Holly, Test, Kevin Thorn, & Elijah Burke

Raw Faces: John Cena, Triple H, Shawn Michaels, Ric Flair, & Chris Jericho
v.s.
Raw Heels: Randy Orton, Umaga, Carlito, Trevor Murdoch, & Lance Cade
v.s.
SD Faces: Batista, Undertaker, Finlay, The Miz, & John Morrison
v.s.
ECW Faces: CM Punk, Bobby Lashley, Tommy Dreamer, Stevie Richards, & Balls Mahoney
v.s.
ECW Heels: Big Daddy V, Elijah Burke, Kevin Thorn, Snitsky, & Chavo Guerrero

Raw Faces: John Cena, HHH, Shawn Michaels, CM Punk, & Jeff Hardy
v.s.
Raw Heels: Randy Orton, Chris Jericho, JBL, Cody Rhodes, & Ted Dibiase
v.s.
SD Faces: Finlay, R-Truth, Kane, Batista, & Undertaker
v.s.
SD Heels: Edge, Vladimir Kozlov, Shelton Benjamin, MVP, & Chavo Guerrero
v.s.
ECW Faces: Matt Hardy, Evan Bourne, Kofi Kingston, Finlay, & Tommy Dreamer
v.s.
ECW Heels: Mark Henry, The Miz, John Morrison, Jack Swagger, & Mike Knox

Raw Faces: John Cena, Triple H, Shawn Michaels, Kofi Kingston, & MVP
v.s.
Raw Heels: Randy Orton, Chris Jericho, Cody Rhodes, Ted Dibiase, & The Miz
v.s.
SD Faces: Rey Mysterio, John Morrison, R-Truth, Great Khali, & Matt Hardy
v.s.
SD Heels: CM Punk, Big Show, Dolph Ziggler, Edge, & Mike Knox
v.s.
ECW Faces: Christian, Tommy Dreamer, Shelton Benjamin, Goldust, & Yoshi Tatsu
v.s.
ECW Heels: William Regal, Vladimir Kozlov, Ezekiel Jackson, Zack Ryder, & Sheamus

Raw Faces: John Cena, Randy Orton, John Morrison, R-Truth, & Daniel Bryan
v.s.
Raw Heels: The Miz, Sheamus, Ted Dibiase, William Regal, & Alex Riley
v.s.
SD Faces: Edge, Big Show, Rey Mysterio, Kofi Kingston, & Christian
vs
SD Heels: Kane, Jack Swagger, Dolph Ziggler, Drew McIntyre, & Alberto Del Rio
v.s.
The New Nexus: David Otunga, Husky Harris, Michael McGillicutty, Mason Ryan, & CM Punk
v.s.
The Corre: Wade Barrett, Justin Gabriel, Heath Slater, Ezekiel Jackson, & Skip Sheffield
v.s.
NXT Faces: Lucky Cannon, Percy Watson, Derrick Bateman, Johnny Curtis, & Eli Cottonwood
v.s.
NXT Heels: Michael Tarver, Brodus Clay, Byron Saxton, Jacob Novak, & Conor O' Brien

Raw Faces: John Morrison, John Cena, Daniel Bryan, Randy Orton, & Triple H
v.s.
Raw Heels: The Miz, Sheamus, CM Punk, Ted Dibiase, & Mason Ryan
v.s.
SD Faces: Edge, Big Show, Rey Mysterio, Kofi Kingston, & Christian
v.s.
SD Heels: Alberto Del Rio, Wade Barrett, Drew McIntyre, Ezekiel Jackson, & Justin Gabriel

Nice!! A Fatal Four Way Survivor Series Elimination match, what a great concept!! The only question I have would be for the years 2006 to 2010. Unless you plan on using TNA’s old ring, what corners would the other 2 teams use?? Other than that, great Dream Teams!!

What I was going for in my selections from 2002 to 2009 was Raw Champions vs. Smackdown Champions, with their respective GMs and 3rd Tier Champions (Women’s, Cruiserweight, and Divas Champions) in the corners, and added the ECW GM and ECW Champion as the special guest referees / ring enforcers from 2006 to 2009.

For 2010, I just went with WWE Champions vs. the Nexus with Cena and the top 2 NXT 3 Rookies.

Well back in 2006 when they brought back the ECW brand, I thought they were gonna book an ECW vs. WWE Survivor Series match at SS.

Team WWE: John Cena, Edge, Randy Orton, Kane & Bobby Lashley vs. Team ECW: Kurt Angle, Big Show, RVD, Sabu & Tommy Dreamer

Eliminations
Dreamer by Lashley (Running Powerslam)
Sabu by Kane (Chokeslam)
Lashley by Angle (Angle Slam)
Edge by RVD (Five Star Frog Splash)
RVD by Orton (RKO)
Kane by Cena (STFU)
Show by Cena (F-U)
Orton by Angle (Ankle Lock)
Cena by Angle (Lashley betrays WWE for ECW by Spearing Cena followed by Angle Slam)

Soul Survivor: Kurt Angle

A few people, myself included, have mentioned how memorable the 1990 Survivor Series Main Event was. The Grand Finale Match Of Survival!! I was wondering, let’s say the WWE did in fact do this with all of the Survivor Series PPVs. How would it look exactly??

1987 – “The Macho Man”, Randy Savage, Jake “The Snake” Roberts, and Ricky “The Dragon” Steamboat vs. André The Giant.
I didn’t include the Tag Team Survivor Series Elimination match. I would have had maybe Andre eliminating the Snake and the Dragon, and then have Macho Man pick up the victory.

1988 – Hulk Hogan, “The Macho Man”, Randy Savage and The Ultimate Warrior, vs. Mr. Perfect, Dino Bravo, and the newly turn Heels, The Powers of Pain, The Barbarian and The Warlord.
This looks like a good match on paper.

1989 – Hulk Hogan, The Ultimate Warrior, Dusty Rhodes and Brutus “the Barber” Beefcake vs. “The Macho King”, Randy Savage, The Canadian Earthquake, Dino Bravo, and Mr. Perfect.
Wow!! An even 4-on-4 Grand Finale match. This happens to be the first year I saw the Survivor Series. It’s already my favorite Grand Finale Dream match.

1991 – Hacksaw Jim Duggan, The Texas Tornado, Tito Santana, Sgt. Slaughter and the Legion Of Doom, Hawk and Animal vs. Ric Flair, The Nasty Boys, Knobbs and Sags, and The Beverly Brothers, Beau and Blake.
Finally, the Faces have the advantage at 6 against 5. I’m thinking a Road Warrior Heel turn and side with Ric Flair referencing their NWA days together. HAHA!!

1993 – The Hart Family, Bret Hart, Bruce Hart, Keith Hart, The 1-2-3 Kid, and Marty Jannetty vs. Lex Luger, and the Doinks, Mable, Mo, Luke and Butch.
Since all the faces won that year, I just divided the teams up evenly. Not bad when you have a win-win situation regardless of which team wins. We could have foreshadowed the issues between Bret Hart and Lex Luger here by having these two be the final two.

1994 – Razor Ramon vs. Bam Bam Bigelow and King Kong Bundy.
This could have given Razor Ramon the push he needed to get to the Main Event. A victory here over two of the biggest Superstars, in terms of size, in the WWE at the time, would have been huge, literally.

1995 – Undertaker, Savio Vega, Fatu, and Henry Godwin vs. Shawn Michaels, Ahmed Johnson, British Bulldog, and the 1-2-3 Kid.
I know. Watch the actual PPV, especially the Wildcard match as Survivor Series 1995. It’s stranger than what I just typed.

1996 – Rocky Mavia and Bart Gunn vs. Doug Furnas and Phil Lafon.
Okay, this is bad.

1997 – Ken Shamrock vs. The British Bulldog, The Interrogator, and the New Age Outlaws, The Road Dogg and Mr. @$$.
Oh, this is perfect for Ken Shamrock. I’d like to see him tear through these four, but of course, not with ease.

1999 – Big Show, Hardcore Holly, and Val Venis vs. The Nation Of Domination, Mark Henry, Godfather, and D-Lo Brown.
I know, but it’s the best I could do.

2000 – Jeff Hardy vs. Chris Benoit and Perry Saturn.
That’s a little better. I see Saturn getting eliminated first, followed by Hardy.

2003 – Team Smackdown, John Cena and Chris Benoit vs. Team Raw, Randy Orton.
HAHA!!

2004 – Team Smackdown, Eddie Guerrero, Big Show, and John Cena vs. Team Raw, Randy Orton.
I’m starting to see a trend here.

2006 – Ric Flair, John Cena, and Bobby Lashley vs. DX, Triple H and Shawn Michaels, The Hardy Boyz, Jeff and Matt, and CM Punk.
Faces vs. Faces, it works.

2008 – Shawn Michaels, Rey Mysterio, and The Great Khali vs. Randy Orton and Cody Rhodes.
Orton has been in a lot of these already, huh?? This looks like a fun match to watch. I’d eliminate Khali first by count out like Andre in 1989.

2009 – Kofi Kingston vs. The Miz, Sheamus and Drew McIntyre.
The “Future” on display.

Well, some turned out pretty good and some turned out pretty bad. I left out a couple years cause of one reason or another. What do you think??

Well back in 2006 when they brought back the ECW brand, I thought they were gonna book an ECW vs. WWE Survivor Series match at SS.

Team WWE: John Cena, Edge, Randy Orton, Kane & Bobby Lashley vs. Team ECW: Kurt Angle, Big Show, RVD, Sabu & Tommy Dreamer

Eliminations
Dreamer by Lashley (Running Powerslam)
Sabu by Kane (Chokeslam)
Lashley by Angle (Angle Slam)
Edge by RVD (Five Star Frog Splash)
RVD by Orton (RKO)
Kane by Cena (STFU)
Show by Cena (F-U)
Orton by Angle (Ankle Lock)
Cena by Angle (Lashley betrays WWE for ECW by Spearing Cena followed by Angle Slam)

Soul Survivor: Kurt Angle

I love this idea!! I would have gone with The Champions of the WWE, John Cena, Booker T., Jeff Hardy, Chris Benoit, and Rated RKO, Edge and Randy Orton (sorry London and Kendrick, you can be in the corner if you like, or defend your Titles against MNM.) vs. Extreme Championship Wrestling, Big Show, Bobby Lashley, Test, Rob Van Dam, Hardcore Holly, and CM Punk in a 6-on-6 match instead.

The WCW Invasion is a great one to fantasise about, but I do need to address this...

Not actually the case, WCW's biggest names where on guaranteed contracts that Vince was not willing to buy out (despite getting the remainder of the company for pocket change). If it had been the WCW guys’ reluctance, then why did every single one of them (except, of course, Sting) sign for the WWF once these contracts ran out?

Had Vince gone 100% with his convictions, I would have loved to seen the top guys of the two companies with a third influence of trouble makers in a War Games / Survivor Series hybrid (two attached rings with a surrounding steel cage and War Games entry rules and once all fifteen combatants are in, then elimination by pinfall or submission until two sides are defeated)...

Team nWo (this faction is the original nWo aligned with 3 exWCW guys who moved to the WWF but still believe themselves better):
Hogan, Nash, Big Show, Y2J & Benoit (given Hall's condition about this time, have him running outside interference).

Team WCW:
Sting, Goldberg, Flair, Booker T & DDP

Team WWF:
SCSA, Rock, Undertaker, Angle & HHH

Entry of combatants’ nWo first, WCW second and WWF last:

Starting 3: Benoit, Booker T & Angle (arguably the 3 best in the ring)
Y2J then Flair then the Rock (the mouth pieces)
Nash then DDP then HHH (Big Sexy followed by his ‘Insiders’ friend followed by his ‘Clique’ brother)
Big Show then Goldberg then the Phenom (the heavy hitters)

Saving the biggest names until the last:
'Mr nWo' Hogan then 'Mr WCW' Sting then the epitome of ‘Attitude’ SCSA

The WCW Invasion is a great one to fantasise about, but I do need to address this...

Not actually the case, WCW's biggest names where on guaranteed contracts that Vince was not willing to buy out (despite getting the remainder of the company for pocket change). If it had been the WCW guys’ reluctance, then why did every single one of them (except, of course, Sting) sign for the WWF once these contracts ran out?

Had Vince gone 100% with his convictions, I would have loved to seen the top guys of the two companies with a third influence of trouble makers in a War Games / Survivor Series hybrid (two attached rings with a surrounding steel cage and War Games entry rules and once all fifteen combatants are in, then elimination by pinfall or submission until two sides are defeated)...

Team nWo (this faction is the original nWo aligned with 3 exWCW guys who moved to the WWF but still believe themselves better):
Hogan, Nash, Big Show, Y2J & Benoit (given Hall's condition about this time, have him running outside interference).

Team WCW:
Sting, Goldberg, Flair, Booker T & DDP

Team WWF:
SCSA, Rock, Undertaker, Angle & HHH

Entry of combatants’ nWo first, WCW second and WWF last:

Starting 3: Benoit, Booker T & Angle (arguably the 3 best in the ring)
Y2J then Flair then the Rock (the mouth pieces)
Nash then DDP then HHH (Big Sexy followed by his ‘Insiders’ friend followed by his ‘Clique’ brother)
Big Show then Goldberg then the Phenom (the heavy hitters)

Saving the biggest names until the last:
'Mr nWo' Hogan then 'Mr WCW' Sting then the epitome of ‘Attitude’ SCSA

I like it!! I would however change the ending a bit. Instead, I would have the Greatest ever be in the Final Four. Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair, Stone Cold Steve Austin, and The Rock. Then I would have Hogan and Flair team up at the end defeating Austin and Rock. More on that at another time.

Where is ECW in your equation??

I like it!! I would however change the ending a bit. Instead, I would have the Greatest ever be in the Final Four. Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair, Stone Cold Steve Austin, and The Rock. Then I would have Hogan and Flair team up at the end defeating Austin and Rock. More on that at another time.

Where is ECW in your equation??

I didn't actually list an elimination diary, just that eliminations would only take place once all 15 guys were in the double rings. I'm sure with this squad, many people would pick different combos for the final stretch. What I could definitely see happening is a Hogan turn though because, as his WM match with Rocky showed, WWF crowds back then just wouldn't boo Hulkamania.

As for ECW, with a full strength WCW roster going to war against the WWF, their roster would look pretty weak. However, they would be able to put up a strong fourth team for this event and I'd go for the combo of:

ECW
Mike Awesome, RVD, Taz, Rhino & Raven

Entry: RVD to go with the workers
Raven to go with the mouth pieces
Rhino to throw around the ex friends
Mike Awesome to take on the big guns
& Taz as the Team Captain coming in last to throw some suplexes.

I could also see them setting up a short term alliance with the nWo during the bout and I would have them draw the final entries to produce the maximum possibility that they might actually come out on top.

Those are great Teams you have there, and you are right. I’m sure there are hundreds, maybe thousands, possibly millions of different combinations the WZers can come up with, logical or illogical, but fun to watch nonetheless.

I am going back to 1985 and using the idea of the Final Battle Of Survivors... I am generally following the fueds that were going along at that time but am tweaking a few bits here and there. Here are the first 5 years

Hulk Hogan, Mr. T, Jimmy Snuka, Andre The Giant & The US Express vs Roddy Piper, Paul Orndorrf, Big John Studd & Iron Shiek/Nikolai Volkoff - I would have Andre as the sole survivor after Hogan and Piper eliminate each other, last eliminating John Studd. This would be T's last WWF match and Piper would seem to turn face shortly after this with Snuka attacking Hogan, only for Piper to be the mastermind of the attack.

Hulk Hogan, The British Bulldogs, Junkyard Dog & Ricky Steamboat v Jimmy Snuka, Valentine & Bravo, Randy Savage & Roddy Piper - Hogan and Davey Boy Smith survive, last eliminating Snuka.

1987 (Andre faces Hogan in a title rematch, thus he is not included)

Ricky Steamboat, Bam Bam Bigelow, Strike Force (Martel & Santana) & Jake Roberts vs Randy Savage, Ted DiBiase, The Hart Foundation & Honky Tonk Man

Ted DiBiase becomes sole survivor when he pays Bam Bam Bigelow to get counted out... Bigelow feuds with Steamboat for the IC title.

Hulk Hogan, The Ultimate Warrior, Jake Roberts & The Hart Foundation vs Ted DiBiase, Rick Rude, Demolition & One Man Gang

Ultimate Warrior is sole survivor, last eliminating DiBiase, Randy Savage defeats Big Bossman in the title match but is attacked by DiBiase. I am building to Savage v DiBiase at WM5 and Warrior & Hogan vs The Twin Towers at the same show.

The Ultimate Warrior, Hulk Hogan, Bret Hart, The Rockers, vs Randy Savage, Jim Neidhart, Rick Rude & The Brain Busters

Hogan causes Warrior's elimination to Rick Rude (Both the WWF and IC titles are on the line, causing Rude to win the IC title back for the 2nd time. Warrior and Hogan brawl to the back setting up their match at WM6. There is a false finsh where a double pin for Hart & Savage sees both men announced as champion... WWF President Jack Tunney orders the match to continue, while Bret complains, Savage rolls him up for a quick pin. Setting up a Bret Hart v Randy Savage title match for WM6.

I am going back to 1985 and using the idea of the Final Battle Of Survivors... I am generally following the fueds that were going along at that time but am tweaking a few bits here and there. Here are the first 5 years

Hulk Hogan, Mr. T, Jimmy Snuka, Andre The Giant & The US Express vs Roddy Piper, Paul Orndorrf, Big John Studd & Iron Shiek/Nikolai Volkoff - I would have Andre as the sole survivor after Hogan and Piper eliminate each other, last eliminating John Studd. This would be T's last WWF match and Piper would seem to turn face shortly after this with Snuka attacking Hogan, only for Piper to be the mastermind of the attack.

Hulk Hogan, The British Bulldogs, Junkyard Dog & Ricky Steamboat v Jimmy Snuka, Valentine & Bravo, Randy Savage & Roddy Piper - Hogan and Davey Boy Smith survive, last eliminating Snuka.

1987 (Andre faces Hogan in a title rematch, thus he is not included)

Ricky Steamboat, Bam Bam Bigelow, Strike Force (Martel & Santana) & Jake Roberts vs Randy Savage, Ted DiBiase, The Hart Foundation & Honky Tonk Man

Ted DiBiase becomes sole survivor when he pays Bam Bam Bigelow to get counted out... Bigelow feuds with Steamboat for the IC title.

Hulk Hogan, The Ultimate Warrior, Jake Roberts & The Hart Foundation vs Ted DiBiase, Rick Rude, Demolition & One Man Gang

Ultimate Warrior is sole survivor, last eliminating DiBiase, Randy Savage defeats Big Bossman in the title match but is attacked by DiBiase. I am building to Savage v DiBiase at WM5 and Warrior & Hogan vs The Twin Towers at the same show.

The Ultimate Warrior, Hulk Hogan, Bret Hart, The Rockers, vs Randy Savage, Jim Neidhart, Rick Rude & The Brain Busters

Hogan causes Warrior's elimination to Rick Rude (Both the WWF and IC titles are on the line, causing Rude to win the IC title back for the 2nd time. Warrior and Hogan brawl to the back setting up their match at WM6. There is a false finsh where a double pin for Hart & Savage sees both men announced as champion... WWF President Jack Tunney orders the match to continue, while Bret complains, Savage rolls him up for a quick pin. Setting up a Bret Hart v Randy Savage title match for WM6.

This is a great idea!!

I would have gone with 4-on-4 matches featuring the Champions and Challengers around that time.

For 1985, I would have gone with:
Hulk Hogan, Tito Santana, and the U. S. Express (Mike Rotundo and Barry Windham) with Superfly Jimmy Snuka and Lou Albano
vs.
Rowdy Roddy Piper, Greg The Hammer Valentine, and The Dream Team (Greg Valentine and Brutus Beefcake) with Cowboy Bob Orton, Jimmy Hart, and Johnny Valiant

For 1986, I would have gone with:
Hulk Hogan, George The Animal Steele, and the British Bulldogs (Davey Boy Smith and The Dynamite Kid) with Lou Albano
vs.
King Kong Bundy, Randy Savage, The Dream Team (Greg Valentine and Brutus Beefcake) with Bobby The Brain Heenan, Miss Elizabeth, Johnny Valiant

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back