Survivor Series - SD versus Raw: Tag Elimination Match

Dave

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
This seems like overkill, eh?

This match has been accepted by Raw Commissioner Stephanie McMahon on Raw this past week and now we are about to see a 10 on 10 Elimination tag match. I don't recall ever seeing a match with that stipulation before so, I guess, that's a first.

But the fact that of the matter is that this is pretty dumb in the first place. It'll be the biggest match of the year outside of the Royal Rumble and the ATGMBR at Mania. But to me, it just seems like overkill and trying to force people onto the card that would have no hope of being their without it. Smackdown, by far, has a more interesting and deeper tag team roster, so I'd expect them to come through this match. You can bet that American Alpha will be the team that remains too. But they can also make use of The Usos, The Ascension, The Vaudevillains, Slater and Rhyno, and The Hype Bros. Outside of The New Day, Enzo and Cass and The Club, Raw is struggling.

Regardless, it'll be fun to watch for sure. It may be overkill but it's a novelty if nothing else.

Imagine if they could put on a 40 minute match to rival the tag match from Survivor Series #2.

With all these multi person match I think it gives you a clear indication of how we can expect dual brand shows to be booked during the brand split. Fine for this show, OK in the Rumble, but Mania is going to suck.

I don't think Raw is really struggling with teams. They also have Golden Truth, Shining Stars and the possibility of Sheamus and Cesaro in the match. I think these teams will for sure be captained by the tag team champions of each show with emphasis on feuds between Usos and American Alpha, as well as Cesaro vs Sheamus (who I think will be captaining the team as champions)

I know come the big PPV's that you like to get as many talents from the roster involved but this is too much for my liking.

The tag-team champs together with the No. 1 contenders v each other would have been sufficient.

The heel face dynamic in all those matches is what interests me the most. It won't be a typical heel vs face thing. I'm curious to see whether Usos and AA are in this match or they have a different, grudge match. I expect them to be part of it, or else SD will have a very weak side.

RAW: New Day, Club, Enzo & Cass, SC and Shinning Stars.
SD: AA, Usos, Slater & Rhyno, Hype Bros/Ascension/Vaudevilains (2 of those).

It can play out either way really. The feud between Usos and AA could cost team SD the match, or put SD on the underdog position against RAW and thus creating a big comeback for Slater and Rhyno. The only downside to that is that fan favourites like Enzo & Cass and New Day would have to be eliminated first, so that the comeback would work against a heel team.

I'm pretty excited for this one.

Smackdown should win this as well as the women's elimination match.
Raw:
Captains: Enzo and Cass
Golden Truth, Club, Shinning stars, Prime time players (give Young, Titus's gimmick and put them back together)

Smackdown:
Captains: Rhyno and Slater
Usos, American Alpha, Breezango, Vaudevillians

Sole survivor: I am going to be wishful here and say, Breezango will be the sole survivors.

I read somewhere that New Day would be passing the record for longest tag title reign somewhere around Survivor series, so they really should be defending the titles.
New Day could defend against Sheamus and Cesaro or they can defend against Enzo and Cass, while Sheamus and Cesaro captain Raw's team.

This seems like overkill, eh?

This match has been accepted by Raw Commissioner Stephanie McMahon on Raw this past week and now we are about to see a 10 on 10 Elimination tag match. I don't recall ever seeing a match with that stipulation before so, I guess, that's a first.

But the fact that of the matter is that this is pretty dumb in the first place. It'll be the biggest match of the year outside of the Royal Rumble and the ATGMBR at Mania. But to me, it just seems like overkill and trying to force people onto the card that would have no hope of being their without it. Smackdown, by far, has a more interesting and deeper tag team roster, so I'd expect them to come through this match. You can bet that American Alpha will be the team that remains too. But they can also make use of The Usos, The Ascension, The Vaudevillains, Slater and Rhyno, and The Hype Bros. Outside of The New Day, Enzo and Cass and The Club, Raw is struggling.

Regardless, it'll be fun to watch for sure. It may be overkill but it's a novelty if nothing else.

I'm glad they're going back to tradition with more than 2 survivor series matches. I was thinking for the longest if they didn't go back to tradition, they need to rebrand the November PPPV.

I assume Enzo and Big Cass would win to look strong going into the last month of the year.

It doesn't really matter to me who the members of the respective teams are, but the Red Team Captains should be the Raw's Tag Team Champions, and the Blue Team Captains should be the Smackdown's Tag Team Champions, whoever they may be by Survivor Series.

It doesn't really matter to me who the members of the respective teams are, but the Red Team Captains should be the Raw's Tag Team Champions, and the Blue Team Captains should be the Smackdown's Tag Team Champions, whoever they may be by Survivor Series.
I agree with you.

Same should happen for the Women’s tag team match. When there's a champion on the team, he should surely lead the team. Now Nikki's going to lead Smackdown's team but if Becky Lynch is included in the match, Nikki shouldn't lead the team.

If it happens, it means to convey that Nikki > Becky (champion) which is abruptly wrong.

I assume SDL gets the winners in this match. I'll go with The Usos. They got to start looking strong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back