• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

SuperShow III: Vega, Dr. Zeus, Alex Bowen vs. Ace Stevens, Sandy Deserts, Matt Tastic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kermit

the Frog
SuperShow III

In this six-man tag match, the forces of evil will join together to take on the forces of good. Vega is hard-pressed on making sure Ace Stevens know that he is no longer the top dog in the Mayhem Division. Meanwhile, Alex Bowen pulled the wool over our eyes by turning heel once again on Matt Tastic. What is Bowen's motive and do the two men have a destiny set for the big stage? Also, the deep rooted feud between Dr Zeus and Sand Desserts heat up in this explosive tag-team match.

Deadline is Wednesday July 10, 2013 @ 11:59 P.M. (Central). Soft Extensions Only

Hide and Seek

Dorian Geigel sat in his cell, awaiting the opening of cell doors for inmates with visitors. Dorian never had visitors, in spite of the fact that he'd only been incarcerated for seven months. Usually, it was the inmates who just reached prison that received visitors. Sometimes, the odd family member would come to visit a middle aged convict, but it was usually the younger convicts that received visitors. If the convict was lucky, it was conjugal visits, where often tawdry, buxom women or slightly overweight trailer park trash would march in gaudy high heels to private rooms. Sometimes, the convict's family would come to visit. Disappointment filled the room, as children screamed excitedly for their daddy, as their mother would sigh with a tired expression that they would wait for him. Dorian knew better; no one waits for you while you're in prison. In the early months of incarceration, the visits come regularly, but as time passes, they slowly trickle to the odd appearance. Visitors were like children with new play toys, doting on their toy and promising to always play with it. As time passed, so did the child's interest; letting the toy get smudged, collecting dust on the shelf. Sometimes the child would glance over at the toy, but there wasn't the same joy in the eyes. Finally, the child stopped noticing the toy altogether, leaving it to languish under the bed.

No one has time for a convict. Life is for the living.

It's hard to tell when the line between Dorian and Dr. Zeus blurred. There was always a little of Dr. Zeus in Dorian, though it's doubtful the same could be said for Dorian existing in Dr. Zeus. At some point, Dr. Zeus took control, and never relinquished Dorian's body, mind, and soul. It's difficult to pinpoint when that happened, but it had not happened at this point in his incarceration. The rhymes were sparse, as were the aspirations for revenge. Inside this tiny cell, with a cast of the most disreputable men to exist sat a self aware Dorian, a man convicted for assisting in the suicides of eleven patients.

Dr. Zeus hasn't arrived yet. But he was very close.

Dorian's cell door slid open. Very little surprised Dorian in prison, but this caught him off guard. Actually, both men were rather shocked; usually the guards spoke to Dorian with contempt dripping from every word, but today the guard spoke with an unsure tone.

"Geigel... Geigel, you have a visitor."

Dorian didn't get visitors. Everyone assumed he never would. Still, Dorian wasn't one to look a gift horse in the mouth. He hopped off of his cot, and shambled with the guard over to the visitor's room. There was little room in Maryland Correctional Adjustment Center, so the light of the visitors room was blinding. He looked over at the guard, who pointed Dorian over to his booth. There sat an absolutely remarkable woman, patiently sitting on the other side of the glass. She was raven haired, sporting a slinky leather top and skin tight jeans, which fit well with her pale skin. Yet, there seemed to be something different about this woman; she didn't wear makeup. This wasn't like the dolled up tart who was here for a conjugal; she had a stare to her that intended to penetrate through Dorian. Her emerald green eyes could turn men to stone, though they did no such thing to Dorian. All they could do was make Dorian feel unsure of himself. She had a purpose for being here; she wasn't lifeless, and she was going to get exactly what she wanted.

But what did she want from Dorian? Dorian looked at her with a puzzled gaze.

"No, you don't know who I am." The woman finally broke the silence with. "I'm Chastity."

Dorian took a moment to think this over, before giving this stranger his most comforting smile."Chastity? Why, that's a lovely name for-"

"Save it." Interrupted Chastity, with a noticeable bass in her voice. "I didn't come for that."

Well, this was going to be harder than he thought. Perhaps this was a loved one of his patients? He had targeted patients who felt lonely, but perhaps he made a mistake along the way. Maybe this was a family member, who finally needed closure. Maybe it was a wife; he didn't think any of his patients were married.

Or maybe she was sick, too. Either way, Dr. Zeus had to know what brought this wayward soul to him.

"Very well, then." He said with a soothing tone in his voice. "Why are you here?

"Why?" Chastity instantly shot back to him. Her stare was unwavering, her voice stoic. This wasn't something Dr. Zeus had seen in a long, long time. Not since the passing of his wife. There was no point in pandering, in toying with the woman. Pushing her buttons now wasn't going to accomplish anything. At least, not yet.

"It was needed. How else can we save the world from... From them."

"And the men and women you hurt along the way? The lives you took?"

Dr. Zeus paused for a second, and closed his eyes. Another one who didn't understand God's design. He let out a sigh, and began to speak;

"To a person like me, a thing like them... Casualties in a larger war."Dr. Zeus allowed for a beat to pass, to see how this affected Chastity. The same stoic stare. He began to speak again."Understand this, my child; this is one little planet, in one microscopic universe that's barely out of its diapers. So I invite you to contemplate just how insignificant I find a few lost lives." Chastity looked away, as Dr. Zeus started to smirk again. "Everyone believes death to be this rogue, who works only for himself, and does his own bidding. They couldn't be more wrong; Death works for God. God sends Death, to find those that must die. Sometimes, God sends Death to take the good, to bring them to eternal paradise. And sometimes, God sends Death to take the wicked, to better the world. Some people need to die, for the good of the world. God knows who must be taken; but he can't always take them himself." The smile began to creep away from Dorian's mouth, and he leaned in closer to the glass, as if he were to tell the world's biggest secret. "So God and Death have men that work for them. Men that can spot the wicked, and bring them to justice. Sometimes, Death will appoint angels, to bring the wicked before him. I am that angel, Chastity; I am that Angel of Death."

There was a long silence afterwards, in which there wasn't much more that could be said. Dorian looked down, sighed, and added;

"Even angels can have their wicked schemes.
So long as the ends justify the means.
And surely you know His plan isn't flawed.
So tell me; who are you to question God?"

Chastity's emerald eyes hardened. She rubbed her shoulders, almost in a way to soothe herself. She let out a little sigh, and looked down, as well. As she looked up, Dorian noticed a small smirk crawling from the corner of her mouth.

"I needed to make sure you were real." Her smile grew, as she looked at the man in front of her. At last; Dorian knew that not only did Chastity absorb it, but she completely understood. "I've heard God calling for me."

"And what did he say?"

"That I have a greater calling. That I was sent to save the world."

Dorian was beaming with pride. This woman was clearly a woman of God; one in which can help purge the world of the evil within it. This woman was going to be the shining beacon in an abyss of darkness. And light will always conquer dark.

"My child, God's proud of you for coming here.
The real war is soon to come; it's coming near.
I need for you to carry out God's will.
You are the key to good beating evil."

Dorian would be visited every week, at the exact same time, by Chastity. They would speak of God's will, and how to carry out his will. Chastity referred to these visits as "visions of enlightenment", as they discussed plans for when Dorian was freed.

After all, life was for the living. And no one was more alive than Chastity or Dorian.

For hours after Ascension, Sandy Deserts went missing. Dr. Zeus had finally put the nasty wasty back into her home, but it wasn't enough to draw Kurtesy from hiding. But, it did mean that Sandy had run away. What it also meant was that Sandy had embarrassed Zeus, as she blew glitter into his face. The foul nasty wasty had resorted to tricks and illusions to escape; certainly to be expected. But the fun and games were over; Dr. Zeus went back to his office to get his trusty flashlight. He knocked over anything in his way, causing absolute carnage, as he barged out to the exit of the arena. Since Stacy was unable to stop the monster, Leon Kensworth attempted to intervene, stopping Zeus before he left the arena.

"Dr. Zeus, stop!" Leon screamed out, loud enough that everyone can hear him. He was going to get to the bottom of things; for all he knew, Dr. Zeus had Sandy, and was preparing something awful. He was going to stop Dr. Zeus, and find out exactly Zeus had in store. The good doctor turned his head, agitated by the temerity of this man. He turned, and power walked right up to Leon. But Leon was not going to be deterred; a life could have potentially been on the line. "Dr. Zeus, where is Sandy? What have you done to her?". Zeus looked down at Leon, and started to calm down. This was a time for diplomacy; brutality was free to happen after this. But for now, it suited his interests to answer.

"What have I done? I've done nothing at all.
But those nasty wasties sure have some gall.
Sandy has gone into hiding, I see.
Now she's just like her old pal Kurtesy."

Zeus starts looking around the arena a little more, to make sure there is no area he could have possibly missed. He looks to Kensworth, who is standing firm on finding where Sandy is. Dr. Zeus paces a little, and smiles, as if he's had the greatest idea ever. He looks to the camera, as if he's speaking to Kurtesy and Sandy.

"So, those vile nasty wasties want to play?
That's perfectly fine; we'll have it your way.
We'll play a little game of hide and seek,
In fact, I know where you are, as we speak."

Dr. Zeus then turns his attention to Leon, and reaches into his coat pocket. Leon is a little concerned as to what Zeus is reaching for, and backs away a little. He collects himself, and won't be deterred; at all times, Leon is a professional. Zeus finally grabs what he was looking for, and points it at Leon.

It's a flashlight. Zeus hands it to Kensworth.

"If you want to find her, you'll come with me,
and you'll see what has happened to Sandy."

Realizing that this may be the best way to find Sandy, and get help for her if need be, Leon decides to take Dr. Zeus up on his offer. In the dead of night, Dr. Zeus and Leon go out with with flashlights to find Sandy. Surprisingly, Leon is ok with the idea of being alone with Zeus at night; Zeus is a very focused man. When he has a target, he will chase it incessantly until he reaches it. Leon isn't Zeus' target, and as a result, is safe. Still, Leon can't help but feel a little unsettled with the idea. Dr. Zeus walk into the forests of Denver, very close to the mountainous region of the city. They move farther away from society, and the trees start to cloud what little light the stars provided. Now, both men have to rely on their flashlights to lead them. Dr. Zeus stops at an old wooden house. The house looks like it hasn't been inhabited in years, though it looks gigantic.

"We're here." Dr. Zeus looks up, and points the flashlight to the roof of the dilapidated building. Leon looks to where Dr. Zeus is pointing his flashlight, and realizes; the roof is adorned with a gigantic cross. In fact, the building's walls also hold crosses, and stained glass windows. These windows re-enact the crucifixion of Jesus Christ, and Leon finally comes to realize; this is a church. Dr. Zeus has led Leon to a church in the middle of nowhere. Sandy and Kurtesy aren't here, nor would they ever be here.

Leon shouts at Zeus, "Dr. Zeus, what is the meaning of this? This isn't where Sandy Deserts in. What is wrong with you? Take us back to the goddamn arena, now, Zeus!"

Dr. Zeus looks at Leon with a smile on his face;

"Taking the Lord's name in vain near a church?
The Lord's not a man you want to besmirch.
I promise you, Sandy's beyond that door.
Leon, won't you see what we have in store?"

"We? What do you mean, we?" But by then, it's too late. Dr. Zeus has opened the creaky door to the church, and is beckoning for Leon to enter. Leon can't help but notice that on the side of doors are statues; angels with wings, who stare icily as you enter the church. The angels are none other than Michael and Samael. On this night, they peer into Leon's soul, as he enters the massive doors of the church. His footsteps create an echoing boom; each step closer, Leon can make out an altar, with lit candles creating a barely visible light. Leon can't help but feel he's being fixated on, that the very eyes of God are over his shoulder. As he looks down the pews of the church, he begins to realize; these pews aren't empty. Leon jumps, as he can feel these shadowy figures' eyes pierce Leon. Leon immediately wants to turn around, but understands that there's no turning back; the doors to the church are shut. He looks to his left, and finds the figures are staring with reverence at the altar. A woman rises, and walks down the pew, guiding Zeus and Leon down the altar. Leon squints to see what could be compelling about this altar, and notices a black blob, lying in between the candles.The closer they get to the altar, the more details Leon can make out about this blob. When they're finally fifty feet from the altar, it becomes clear to Leon what is between those two candles.

It's a bodybag. And Dr. Zeus is leading Leon right towards it. Leon isn't sure what's in the bag, but knows it can't be any good. Could Sandy actually be in that bag? No, it isn't possible; the outline of the bag is too small for any human to be in the bag.

"Right this way," interjects the woman's voice, breaking Leon's train of thought. She leads Leon to an empty seat in the front of the pew; not a soul is within thirty feet of the seat, and Leon will be sitting alone. "Have a seat, please." Leon stands for a while, paralyzed in thought. What could these people be planning? Who are these people? For that matter, who's this woman ordering him? What is the meaning- Sir! Have a seat, please!" It's no longer a request; it is a demand. Leon obliges, as the woman looks down to him. "Wouldn't want to interrupt the ceremony, would we?" The woman turns around and walks towards the altar, as five figures around Leon get up. They walk to the aisle, and Leon is now alone, to sit in the front aisle. Dr. Zeus has moved in between the pews of the first, as a figure offers Dr. Zeus a book with strange writing on it. Zeus opens it up, as the woman reaches the top of the altar. The five men begin to chant, almost like a gospel choir, as the woman begins to sing.

[YOUTUBE]-P90OllWe3I[/YOUTUBE]

After each stanza, Dr. Zeus begins to rhyme;

"Oh, Death, оh Death, oh Death,
Won't you spare me over til another year"

"Consider this a sight of things to be.
If Sandy won't bring Kurtesy to me.

"But what is this, that I cant see
with ice cold hands taking hold of me"

I don't mind taking someone in his place.
I'll take Sandy now, if that is the case."

"When God is gone and the Devil takes hold,
who will have mercy on your soul"

"God is on my side, he isn't with you.
if you look in your heart, you know it true."

"No wealth, no ruin, no silver, no gold,
Nothing satisfies me but your soul."

"And as you struggle for every last breath,
You'll know that you've met the Angel of Death."

"Well I am Death, none can excel,
I'll open the door to heaven or hell."

"Bring Kurtesy now, or this is your fate.
My patience is thinning; I hate to wait."

"my name is Death and the end ïs here..."

Dr. Zeus closes his book; the opening hymn has finished. The woman and the five men take their seat, as Zeus walks to the podium.

Next Week: The Last Rites

Alex Bowen is sitting on a bar stool outside of a dimly lit circus tent. Freaks, carnies, the ring master, even the bearded woman surround him. Obviously drunk, The King of Mayhem holds an open revolver. The cylinder is empty as he loads a live round into it. Spinning it he crowd gasps as he hold it to his head.

Alex- Midst the swirling din on smoke and screaming on the battlefield, I was born. Only reared on the tit of my dear mother war. Hardened to stone through abuse, I was mocked, beaten, and scorned. My first scar was from a bayonet severed umbilical cord. I pulled the wool over everyone’s eyes. I don't need weapons anymore, but I'll never leave Mayhem. I fear not what they do, I've just evolved past them.

Bowen's hand shakes as he pulls the trigger. A dull click sounds from the gun. A smile crosses his face as he reaches down and pulls up a bottle of Black Velvet. Taking a pull he unlocks the cylinder and puts in another round. Spinning it again, he just smiles as he holds it to his head.

Alex- This realm of inhuman carnage, where the blood of my opponents eternally rains. The wind sings its sad lullaby for me through a blackened and hollowed rib cage. I'm to die in battle, divine with the flames as my grave. To my brothers, my father, my mother who've fallen before me... I will walk with you again.

Three quick clicks happen, Bowen pulled the trigger three times, but nothing came out. He is breathing heavily as a worker comes to try and take the gun from him.

Worker- Look man, you're drunk. Just give me the gun....

Alex- I'm not done here yet, you all have your tricks. Let me show you mine.

Alex loads another round into place and smiles. He grabs the bottle and downs the whole thing. He closes the gun up, and puts it to his head one more time.

Alex- That company is my demented playground. The horizon of WZCW is howling ablaze. Soon a skeletal company will be all that's left. As I destroy all that's left.

One more click, and nothing happens. The crowd is silent. Bowen has escaped death five times here tonight. Bowen holds up two last rounds and smiles.

Alex- With glee I torture, my pleasure is inflicting pain. With a vigor unholy, I'll fight to my doom, till I've met all my goals.

Alex stands up as he loads the fifth bullet into the gun, standing he closes the gun and places it to his head one last time. He closes his eyes after the cylinder rolls, stopping silently, locking into place.

Alex- Oh it must be such a different world to which those on the outside exist. At least I know who loves me here, no delusions, all weakness dismissed.

Bowen takes a small breath, and pulls the trigger. Everyone watching closes their eyes, and hopes for the best. But like all the others, a dull click reverberates through the air. The worker who tried to take the gun from Bowen walks forward, and laughs.

Worker- Nice trick, dude. Let me see all the bullets?

Bowen calmly hands over the gun, and the worker opens up the cylinder. His eyes get wide as the camera zooms in. The next shot is on a live bullet, the last shot was empty. Bowen escaped death. He drops the gun and runs away. Alex laughs and picks up the gun, turning it over with a finger on one live round. He drops the other four rounds on the ground. Spinning the cylinder, he drops it to his side.

Alex- An era of inhuman tragedy is to be ushered by my iron hand. the oven's will be bellowed to crematory high, to dispose of the death fearing man.

Bowen puts the gun to his head again, and goes to pull the trigger, but decides against it.

Alex- I am the death machine, you all made it this way. I control my destiny. Not some super sayan, not a doctor, not the Mayhem division. Tread lightly, the new horror has only started.

Bowen points his gun to the sky and lets off the last round. It was pointed to his head just moments ago.

Alex- The King of Mayhem is dead...

Bowen drops the gun to the ground, half of the crowd is running away, a few have ducked for cover.

Alex- The Death Machine stands in his place....

Ace Stevens
Disciple Me

Some would say it’s a boy’s apartment. Iconic movie posters hang on the exposed brick walls. Scarface, Pulp Fiction, Con Air - it’s a what’s what of male-orientated cinema. A gigantic flat screen television sits on one of the walls, with two reclining chairs (which regular readers of Sit magazine would correctly identify as La-Z Boy E-Cliner 3000s) facing it. Only one of these chairs ever really gets used, but we’ll get to that later. Video game systems are arranged beneath the television and various comic books sit atop the coffee table. And there’s the owner of this apartment, Ace Stevens. With his everything-but-patented attire of black jeans, a white v-neck t-shirt and shades, he stands in the middle of the room conversing with his agent, Lewis Middleton.

“Zeus, though. He’s a tough customer. Still undefeated. He’s going to be difficult, Ace.”

“I ain’t gotta worry about him. I ain’t gotta worry about Bowen or Vega either. You wanna know why? ‘Cause I got a system.”

“And what system would that be?”

“Wait one sec.”

Ace leaves the living room area and enters his bedroom. He wheels a large chalkboard out of the room and back into the living room.

“You still have that blackboard? I thought you were going to give it back to the local school?”

“Well... I was... but it’s so damn useful! You wanna know why I beat Triple X last week? This chalkboard. It’s all about tactics, Lulu. It’s all about tactics.”

“Okay, I can agree with that. What are your tactics then?”

“I’m glad you asked,” says Ace, as he gestures towards the chalkboard.

“It... it just says ‘be better than everyone’.”

“I know.”

“Right. It’s just that tactics are normally a bit more practical than that. You know, like the position of fielders or the spin a bowler uses on certain batsmen.”

“That was just... too British.”

“I’m just saying, focus on more than just semantics. Alex Bowen has had surgery on his shoulder a few times, and you just know that Vega won’t be getting along with his teammates. Those are facts that would be useful to you in the ring.”

Ace sighs as he writes on the chalkboard, simply adding ‘and injure Alex Bowen’ to his original statement/tactic.

---​

We return to Ace’s apartment later that night. Sat in one of his aforementioned reclining chairs, the self-proclaimed “American Knight” is eating Froot Loops and partaking in his guiltiest of pleasures: watching the popular ABC talk show, The View.

“YES WHOPPI! Tell it like it is, girl!” shouts Ace, through a mouthful of sugary, artificial deliciousness.

The professional wrestling superstar continues to eat his cereal while watching the show in all its high definition glory.

“NO SHERRI! WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?” he once again shouts.

As some of America’s favourite television personalities continue to talk and debate, Ace’s investment in the show is immediately reduced as he hears a small noise. Short, sharp and seemingly unnatural, it is loud enough to make Stevens take notice, yet faint enough to not make him scream like a child. The former Mayhem champion mutes the television and tries his hardest to not make a sound. He slowly rotates his head towards the front door and, in typical horror movie fashion, quietly says one word.

“Hello?”

The door slowly opens to reveal... nothing. Only a poorly lit hallway.

“Hello?” asks Ace, once again. This time much more forcefully. “Marty, is that you? I’ve been up for about 35 hours now, so if this is some kinda prank just tell me, man.”

Ace turns his head back to towards the television to see a man. Not just any man, however. Arguably not even a man at all. Wearing a long white smock and aged leather sandals with an inherently warming and friendly face, this man could easily be mistaken for...

“JESUS CHRIST!”

“Good call.”

“Are... are you real? I mean, like, do you... exist... you know, in real life or something?”

The man responds to a clearly startled Ace not with words, but with actions. After a few seconds of standing perfectly still, he levitates off of the floor. Just one foot. Maybe two feet, tops. But this is all the confirmation Ace needs to believe that the man in front of him is, indeed, Jesus Christ.

“Oh man! Holy- I mean wow! Are you serious?"

"Of course."

“Hey, can I maybe get you a drink or something? I haven’t got any wine, but I could give you some water and you could, you know, do that... thing.”

“I’m good for now, thank you. I’m actually here because you seem to be in the middle of an ethical quandary.”

“No, no, no... I’m gonna send that wallet back to Stan Rogers, I swear. It’s just tha-”

“Yeah, I wasn’t talking about that. But now that you mention it, you really should send it back to him.”

“I will, I will,” Ace protests, still in awe of his guest. “I promise.”

“Good. I’m glad, Jonathan. I really am. But the ethical dilemma I’m referring to runs deeper than just one act of petty theft. It involves your entire personality. You see, I know you. I’ve known you all 26 years of your life. I know what you’re going through at the moment. You’re wondering who you are, aren’t you? You’ve shown your bad side, sure-”

“Sorry to interrupt. Just a quick question here. Erm, how much do you know about me, exactly?”

“I’m Jesus. What do you think?”

“Everything?” a nervous Ace responds.

“Bingo.”

“I... er... um... I can’t, I... er...”

Ace struggles for words after learning this information.

“Don’t worry about that, Jonathan. I see good in you. I mean, I see good in everyone. I kind of have to - it’s part of the job.”

“So you think I’m a good guy?” Ace asks curiously. It’s a rare occurrence that he’s called ‘good’. And it’s even rarer when that compliment comes from the mouth of an iconic religious figure.

“There’s a difference between having the potential to be good and being good. Before you hurt your ankle, you weren’t so nice, were you? Your foe, Vega-”

“Wait, how do you know Vega?”

“Again, I’m Jesus. How’d you think?”

“Oh, yeah. Sorry.”

“As I was saying, your foe, Vega, he has the ability to do the right thing. Just like anyone else. But the problem is, he chooses not to. That’s why I’m speaking to you right now. He doesn’t want to be a force for good in the world and I can’t change that. But you, I can ask you to be good, can I not? To be good to your fellow man, yourself, to planet Earth. And to maybe sacrifice yourself a little.”

“And if I do all that I’ll get into heaven?”

“Maybe. I’m not really in charge of that. I’m going to let you stew on what I’ve just said because, let’s face it, this isn’t the easiest thing to wrap your head around.”

“Um, yeah. It’s a little weird,” concedes Ace.

“Now normally when I do this, I like to hold a little Q&A session. People tend to have a lot of Qs. Is there anything you want to know? Something that's been worrying you perhaps?”

“Erm,” Ace racks his brain for a question he desperately wants to know the answer to - a question that has bugged long enough. ”What did Bill Murray whisper in Scarlett Johansson’s ear at the end of Lost In Translation

“Really? That? People normally go for ‘what is the meaning of life’ or whatever. No to worry, though. I am Jesus, after all.”

Jesus approaches Ace and whispers one sentence in his ear. Upon hearing the answer, Ace takes a step back and reflects on what he’s just been told.

“Now that’s irony.”

-Open-

--------------------------------
New York City
Fourth Cavalry Cemetery
Present Day

--------------------------------

You'd think witnessing my own mother's suicide would allow me to empathize with the suicidal.

Vega and Alexis stand in front of a dark slate gray tombstone during the twilight of a warm summer sundown in New York City. Vega's eyes are hidden behind a pair of dark black sunglasses. Next to him, Alexis looks on intently at him, waiting to see what his next move or word will be. The moment feels tense, as if those were the first words that either has spoken in a while. She seems more uncomfortable with the situation than he is.

It doesn't.

Her eyebrows furrow a bit as she studies his facial movements... or lack thereof. A few more tense moments follow before the cold sound of Vega's abrupt inhale through his nose, as if snorting a line of chopped up reality, breaks the silence.

They're all fools.

Alexis continues to look towards Vega, even more confused now. We can see the slight hint of remorse creep across her face as Alexis' eyes slowly move away from Vega and towards the face of the tombstone.

Here Lies...
Elizabeth De La Vega
Loving Wife & Mother
April 1st, 1952 - July 10th, 1983

Alexis' face looks almost heartbroken at the sound of Vega's candor.

Vega...

She solemnly speaks up with reverence, not knowing exactly what to say, but trying her best to lure Vega back to humanity.

What's with the quiet tone, Alexis?

He breaks his line of sight with the tombstone and finally looks over towards his partner in crime. Vega flippantly addresses her while motioning towards the grave with his head.

She can't hear you.

Alexis, now looking more mortified than before, grows more and more uneasy with every word Vega says.

Maybe it's best if... if we show some respect for-

-for what?

Vega is unapologetic as he cuts her off.

For this rock?

She doesn't immediately respond. She can't.

For this dirt?

Still nothing.

Or for the wooden box holding a rotten skeleton 6 feet beneath us?

A defeated look comes across Alexis' face as she realizes she will be unable to inject an ounce of humanity into the frozen veins of our Mayhem champion. She stands there, mourning not just the life of her partner's mother, but mourning the soul of her partner as well. She wonders to herself if she isn't mourning something she's known was dead all along as Vega seems unaffected by her epiphanies.

I don't understand how you could say these things... in front of your own mother.

Oddly enough, a smile slowly creeps across Vega's face.

That's cute.

Cute?

What about this is "cute?"

Subdued laughter escapes Vega. He shakes his head as he takes a couple of steps closer to his mother's tombstone. He reaches out with his left hand and caresses the top of it, as if gently stroking the hair on a loved ones head. As he does this, he looks over to Alexis with a coy smile he can't help but wear.

The look of hope in your eyes.

Vega crouches down and diverts his attention back to the tombstone. He drags his hand from the top and slowly runs his fingertips across the epitaph etched into the front of the stone. He feels every letter gently, the way a blind man would caress the contours of a loved one's face just to paint himself a mental image. Vega speaks again, this time without looking towards Alexis.

The sound of hope in your voice.

Another subdued laugh escapes Vega as he lowers his head to stare at the ground. His hand remains pressed up against the face of his mother's tombstone as he remains still, just crouched there, looking down at the grass and dirt beneath him.

The presence of hope... in your life.

He shakes his head, almost as if he were upset with Alexis' naivety.

After all these years... you still want to find some kind of eternal "good" in me. It's cute...

Vega looks up from the ground and into Alexis' eyes.

...but foolish.

He rises up from the crouched position as he begins to speak in a rehearsed voice, reciting something from memory which seems to have been carved into his mind, all while still looking at Alexis.

Be not envious of evil men nor desire to be with them, for their hearts devise violence, and their lips speak of trouble.

He continues on, but looks back towards his mother's tombstone in the process.

A wise man is full of strength and a man of knowledge enhances his might, for by wise guidance you can wage your war, and in abundance of counselors, there is victory.

Wisdom is too high for a fool...

He laughs to himself even louder than before, putting forth less of an effort to subdue his disturbing joy during this situation.

I'm surrounded by foolishness.

Vega looks at the tombstone as if addressing his very own mother face to face...

Born of a fool...

He then subtly turns his attention towards Alexis'...

Loved by a fool...

...and now looks up towards the sky, which becomes less and less illuminated by the setting sun with every moment that passes by.

...and forced to live amongst them. Forced to... work along side of them. Forced to expose greatness in a sea of foolishness.

Alexis, if you haven't learned by now, I suggest you learn very quickly that there is no redemption when falling in love with evil. You continue to look into these eyes every day of your life searching for a redeeming quality within me, heartbroken every time you fail to find one. The bible warned of falling for evil men. Our hearts are full of violence, our mouths speak only of wicked schemes... but trust in the fact that I am no angel.

I know what I am.

I am evil.

Vega turns his back to the tombstone and leans his backside against it, treating it as if were a mere handrail to rest upon, as opposed to the final homage of the resting place for his deceased mother. The smile on his face is near sickening. His relaxed body is at ease as he casually crosses one of his feet over the other, kicking up a bit of dirt in the process. Alexis flinches away, not wanting the soil to touch her, almost as if she were showing it fear or reverence.

And I'm perfectly fine with that.

He shakes his head as if showing pity while he removes the sunglasses from his head.

That's the difference between people like me, and everybody else in this world. Most people in this world need some sort of reason, some kind of justification to be the way they are. My mother died twenty years ago today, yet it fails to define me.

"Angel of Death" my partner calls himself. Some might say that this three man team that WZCW has put together for this weekend may possess the three most evil men in the company. On one hand, you've got the newest cruelest addition to the roster, Dr. Zeus. On the other hand you've got the man most people claim to be the greatest Mayhem Champion of all time, Alex Bowen... and in the middle, the mind controlling both hands, is me... Vega.

But these hands that will be at my side this weekend... they are just like all the rest of the fools this world is littered with. Zeus finds solace in the insane notion that he has been carrying out God's plan throughout his life. He believes that these Kevorkianesque actions of assisted suicide all have a purpose in a greater plan most people are to simple to comprehend. Dr. Zeus has to believe that. He finds comfort in his delusion, and the delusions of those who believe in him. People like him can't handle the thoughts that people like me process. It's the reason their minds erode from clear and cunning to insane and demented. It's a coping mechanism. A mind that finds comfort in it's evil ways would never deteriorate to the likes of Dr. Seuss- excuse me, Zeus.

He smirks before continuing in his own amusement.

One Fish, Two Fish. Red Fish, Blue Fish.
Dr. Zues is crazy and foolish.

Vega laughs to himself again. Alexis continues to listen on, silently, still not comfortable with Vega's flippant demeanor in such a solemn setting.

A foolish man helping the foolish die. Killing people whom wish death upon themselves? Fine. Whatever, I guess. But, where's the fun in that?

Vega furrows his eyebrows, struggling to comprehend Zeus' thought process.

At first, I used to pull the trigger with apprehension. I thought to myself that, perhaps, if at their moment of death, I at least tried to conjure up an ounce of remorse, that my soul would somehow still be salvageable on my judgement day. The remorse never came, and stupid me for thinking it would. Time after time, life after life that I take away has absolutely zero effect on my conscious or on my psyche. I quickly realized that this "soul" people speak of, people dream of... is fictional. As fictional as the God they all fear and pray to.

If a person wants to be foolish enough to end their own life, so be it. Zeus is no more evil a man than the suicidal themselves. Alex Bowen wants to be a circus act and put loaded guns against his own head? Be my guest. Perhaps it'd be up Dr. Zeus' own alley to pull the trigger for him. It's about time Bowen's relinquished the title of the "King of Mayhem." He realizes he is nothing compared to me. "The Death Machine" he calls himself now. Good. Great! Your own death, I suppose... because out of the three people making up our team, his are then most virgin of hands when it comes to ending life. He speaks in hyperbole unable to conjure the courage necessary to end anybody's life besides his own... while Zeus rhymes his way passed the notion that he too can only end the lives of those begging no longer to live.

Vega looks down at his own hands, staring at the proverbial blood they've become stained with throughout the years of his unforgivable actions.

These hands have ended the lives of men begging me to let them live. The look of a man's eyes staring at me as I make sure he breathes his final breath, all the while gleefully staring right back at him. The knowledge that mine is the final face he'll ever see...

That familiar cynical smile is back on Vega's face.

This is an evil my partners are not capable of. This is an evil my enemies cannot even fathom. I am surrounded by foolishness... and fools seek solace in greater powers besides themselves for guidance and direction... like sheep.

Vega looks up towards the sky. The last bit of sunlight begins to fade as the dark night sky suffocates the final remnants of the sun. With an audible disdain in his voice, Vega continues to speak.

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.

He smiles, all the while still looking upward.

Psalm 23.

Vega simply nods, his head still tilted up facing the sky.

Psalm 23.

Vega repeats what Alexis says, but with an obvious tone of mockery in his voice.

The passage responsible for single greatest wave of ignorance this world has ever experienced. I remember a man once recited this Bible passage out loud, with tears in his eyes, as I pressed a Jericho 941 semi-automatic pistol up against his putrid skull. I remember thinking of the irony, that the the life of a religious man would be ended by an atheist pulling the trigger of an Israeli gun named after a city rich with religious history. This man tried to find solace in his final moments. He chose to believe that it would not indeed be his final moment... instead choosing to believe he would finally enter into his new life in heaven.

Foolish.

There is no greater purpose in this life, Alexis. We are surrounded by people that need to define themselves and define their lives against ideas they cannot explain. People need to believe that this life is to complex for them to understand, and that that's why they can't maintain some form of sanity. I have a partner who believes he is an Angel of Death carrying out God's plan and another who is as suicidal as one of Dr. Zeus' former patients. With them I am forced to face a man who actually believes he will do "good" by eliminating the world of me.

He finally stops leaning against his mother's tombstone and stands up straight. He takes a few casual steps towards Alexis, circling around her slowly as he continues his diatribe.

People need to believe that there is more. People like them need to believe that people like me will experience final judgement. The reason they need to believe that is because people like them know that they are weaker than people like me. The weak rely on higher powers to redeem them. All 5 people in this match I'm in this weekend? They are all weaker than me. Both my partners, the three opponents, all five of them are enemies... all five of them are weak.

When mayhem is all we know, only the strong will rise.

I am evil... and soon, I will unleash mayhem.

Vega begins walking away from the Alexis and the grave site. She looks over towards the tombstone, and then back at Vega as he continues to walk away.

Aren't you going to say "Goodbye?"

Vega stops in his tracks and looks over his shoulder, barely attempting to make eye contact with Alexis...

Have you learned nothing today?

He continues to walk away, leaving Alexis behind. She gives one final look towards his mother's tombstone... a look full of sorrow and agony, before she hurries to catch up to her partner in crime. She chooses to remain a couple of steps behind Vega, not wanting to walk by his side at the moment. Instead, she follows him... like a sheep.

Vega...

His silence welcomes her to continue.

What did you do when that man recited Psalm 23?

Vega doesn't reply immediately. Instead, he enjoys reminiscing about the moment with a sinister smile plastered across his face.

I laughed...

Alexis seems let down by his answer as they continue to walk passed hundreds of grave sites through this solemn cemetery.

...and then I pulled the trigger.

-Close-

Chaos ensues as an all out brawl breaks out among the lumberjacks. the referee begins to shout at the men, trying to restore order. During the ruckus, Bowen crawls under the ring. As Tastic walks over and grabs his leg to pull him out, Bowen swings at Tastic. Tastic's body goes limp, and he instantly falls to the ground.

Serra: I don't think the referee noticed because of the chaos, but Alex Bowen just used something to knock Matt Tastic out cold.

Bowen lifts Tastic and pushes him into the ring. He covers Tastic, slapping his hand on the mat to attract the attention of the ref. James Aubrey turns and slides into position and begins to count...

3!

Anderson: Here is your winner, Alex Bowen!

Bowen flashes a sinister smile before sliding out of the ring.

Serra: No! Bowen used the scepter to cheat his way to victory.

Klamor: Yes! He fooled us all! Alex Bowen is back and as bad as ever!

Bowen reaches back under the ring and pulls out his Mayhem Scepter. He slides back into the ring. He taps the motionless Tastic in the side of the head with the scepter before he spits on his foe. He walks up the ramp as the camera cuts back to a heavily breathing Tastic as the credits flash on screen.

Matt: What the hell happened? What's going on? My......My head. My head hurts. Ooooowww...... Ugh....... Wait...... Holy shit! The match!!

--Following Aftershock 25--

Matt springs up from a bed in the infirmary backstage, hurried and stressed.

Matt: Two!! Two, right?!

He calms down and looks around for a bit and notices he's completely alone.

Matt: Wait a minute. What the hell? Where's everyone? What the hell happened to the match? HEY!!

Waking up and being disoriented. It's not a good feeling. It's not a fun feeling. One moment, I'm in a match with Alex. Now I'm backstage. Knocked out. Cold. What happened?

Matt gets off and walks out of the room. He starts to look around for someone. Anyone to ask. What happened? He finds Bob. The stagehand.

Matt: Bart! Bart, what happened?

Bob: It's Bob. And what are you talking about?

Matt: What happened to my match? Why was I in a bed? Di-did I black out or something?

Bob: Ummmm.... Well Bowen knocked you out.

Matt:What? Ho-How? He punched me out?

Bob: .....ummmm..... No......

Matt: Well? Dammit Bob, speak up!! How'd he do it? What did he do? It doesn't sound like an accident?

Bob: Well....... He hit you with his scepter....

Matt: What? He hit me with what?!

Bob: His scepter. That staff thing he--

Matt: I KNOW WHAT IT IS!! HE HIT ME?! THE F*CKER HIT ME WITH IT?!

Bob: ......yeah....

Matt: HE TOLD ME HE WASN'T GOING TO USE WEAPONS!!

Bob: I'm sorry to say it. But he lied.

Matt: You're saying he's not honest? That he isn't trying to clean himself up?

Bob: ......yes.......

Matt: You're telling me, that mal-dressed, drug abusing scumbag wasn't telling the truth? You're telling me that S&M obsessed, crack snorting son of a b*tch deceived me?

Bob:
Listen, I know you're mad and--

Matt: Again?! What the f*ck is this? What, the second time I trust a guy and he stabs me in the back? Rush faked a heart attack, now Bowen relapses on me?

Bob:
I-I'm gonna....

Matt, in amazing rage, punches the wall. Cracking it with his bare fist. Enraged by the news as it continues to sink.

Matt: BOWEN!!!! You've made a very terrible mistake not leaving me done for! Mayhem!! You and your blasted obsession with the division! It's obvious you depend on it as a crutch for your career the same way you depend on your damn drugs for life support. But don't worry. Soon enough, I'll you something to sort about soon enough. You're going to PAY for stabbing me in the back like that. When you hurt a Super Saiyan, you really should finish the job. Or else he'll come back. Angrier. Stronger. Deadlier.

It's very dim inside the apartment of Sandy Deserts as only the flashing images of the television provide any sort of lighting... that and the abysmal amount of sunlight still creeping its way through the windows as the sun has taken shelter behind the buildings across the street. The night air brings a cool breeze through one of the open windows but Sandy doesn't seem to care as she continues to slouch in an awkward position across the couch, eating a spoonful of yoghurt. She looks directly at the television but her attention isn't fully directed at what's featured; she seems to be very bored as she picks up the remote, channel surfing through the programs. Despite passing through several different shows, documentaries, movies and news programs; nothing seems to take her fancy and decides to turn it off completely, sighing in the process.

She picks up the bowl of yoghurt left lying on the floor, digging the edges of the bowl to get one last spoonful before the food source has run dry. Not satisfied, Sandy slowly gets to her feet and takes the bowl with her to the kitchen where she quickly rinses it. She towards her fridge, seeing the calendar with a specific dates circled much like anyone would use a planner... but there less than a handful on the plate of Sandy Deserts. Apart from Sandy's wrestling schedule and the odd dental appointment; it seems as if Sandy has nothing else going on in her life. This notion angers Sandy slightly, causing her to tear down the calendar from her fridge. She begins rubbing her eyes, trying to undo what she saw on the calendar before pressing on to the bathroom where she turns on the tap in the basin, splashing herself with water before looking at herself in the mirror. She flips the person in the looking glass a smile before winking and doing pistol hands.

"Hey good looking," Sandy says in her most suave and sexiest voice, "what are you doing her all alone in your apartment on a beautiful night like this?"

Mildly amused, Sandy let's out a small laugh as her smile slowly but surely turns into another disappointed look. She looks deeper into the mirror, grabbing hold of the bathroom basin as she does.

"That's a good question..." Sandy responds to herself. "... I have no freaking clue."

Sandy turns off the tap, looking down into the basin but her head is still high enough to see her reflection in the mirror of her looking down into the basin. She slowly shakes her head before opening her mouth, trying to let the words come to her.

"... I... I don't even have a clue as to what I'm even doing any more with my life. None! Nada! Zip!"

Sandy lifts her head up from the basin and looks directly at the mirror. A smirk appears on her face and she begins wagging her finger.

"Oh... but you do know the answer though." She says sarcastically, "Of course you know the answer because your Sandy Deserts, the greatest success story to come out of any psychiatric hospital! People should be lining up at your door to try and get your autograph. You should be hiring bodyguards and investing in safe houses to protect yourself against the media and overbearing fans, right? All because of your most simple yet totally effective answer of 'just live a normal life and you'll be right'..."

Sandy begins chuckling this time, shaking her head as she turns away for a moment, unable to look at herself until she continues talking once more.

"Just live a normal life... pfft! One does not simply live a life deemed normal by society once you've decided to set sail across the sea of crazy but apparently..." Sandy points to herself "... you're special. You're special enough to overcome all that and merge back into society like normal without a worry in the world. I mean, sure, you have a pretty good apartment that you paid off yourself. You've got a steady job that pays the bills and helps you save for when you retire... but what else do you have, Sandy? There isn't much else. Your job might be secure as long as you can still walk but your performance has been appalling. The amount of matches you've won can be recorded on one hand and there'd still be enough joints left over to use a teaspoon as you eat yoghurt and lie across your couch, wallowing in your own self-pity."

Sandy grabs her hair and forces it back as her fingers press hard on her head, pacing back and forth until she comes to a stand still, again in front of the mirror. Sandy lets her hands go and allows her hair to drop, showcasing an almost messy and untamed look.

"And what about your friends, huh? Where have they gone? Just like your own filthy ****e of a mother, the only people you've ever loved abandoned you, tossed you to the curb once your usefulness has run out. You might as well begin embracing those freaky fans that stalk you if you ever want to feel anything close to love like that again... and the saddest part of all this is that I know you are better than this, yet you decide to keep attempting to live this ideal life you claim to truly possess but as I said, what society thinks is normal is unattainable to the crazed individuals. What society thinks is crazy is what truly is normal to you..."

A genuine smile and look begins to appear on the face of Sandy.

"Embrace what you feel is normal, Sandy and not what everyone else expects you to be. I know Michelle might think otherwise but what does she know? She's a shrink! They've got textbooks on how people should be living their life and ways to measure ones sanity; its all ridiculous. Normal and sanity changes every generation so why does it matter that you should conform? Let your spirit fly, Sandy and lets bring back the happier days; the ones that Jessica gracefully reminded you had. Let's take this journey, together."

Sandy looks to hold out her hand towards the mirror, seemingly in some sort of trance. The hand moving through her peripheral vision knocks her out of this trance, causing her to grab her own hand and step back from the mirror. She looks back into the mirror, completely shocked that she went off into a trance. She looks back down to her own hand, slowly letting it go and revealing that everything is back to normal. She takes a big breath before closing the bathroom door, still trying to process what happened.

Slowly, Sandy walks through her apartment, staring at everything around her for a moment before heading to the bedroom, opening up the closet. She gets on the ground and delves deep into the closet, pulling out a small wooden box (that has seen better days) with a lock attached. Sandy pulls out her keyring and flips through the various keys, before getting to a key that looks as old as the box, unlocking it slowly. She opens it up and pulls out something that is even older than the box and the key combined. A long cylinder pipe that appears to have much rust on it, exposing only patches of steel. Sandy twirls it around, revealing a few bloody stains on the pipe as it goes around in a 360 degree motion. She brings it closer to her and uses her other hand to feel the rust of the pipe, stroking it at times. Sandy is unsure of whether this sensation is having a positive or a negative effect on her as she continues to feel the pipe.

"Do I really want to take this journey...

... again?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------

We are backstage at a WZCW event where Sandy is walking down the corridor, donning her regular ring attire with a focused look on her face. On her way, she walks past into Stacey Madison who immediately ditches the conversation she was having with a couple of backstage workers, grabs her microphone and runs after Sandy. She doesn't seem to care that Stacey is following nor does she slow down to talk, making Stacey walk. Eventually, Stacey is able to get in front and gain Sandy's attention.

"I'm surprised that you are walking around in public so soon after Zeus' incident with tearing apart the place last week looking for you. He took Leon along for a... pretty strange trip too and he didn't seem to appreciate it all that much. You might want to apologise for that."

Sandy doesn't give an answer as she continues walking. Stacey, who has had enough of walking, jumps in front of Sandy and forces her to stop, getting her full attention.

"Alright, if you want comment about that, then give me something about your match tonight then. You're teaming up with Matt Tastic and the Mayhem..."

"I know how to read a match card, Stacey" Sandy interrupts.

"So since you know then I can assume you know exactly what my question is going to be: give me an answer then."

Sandy lets out a quick laugh. "The match is irrelevant to me, Stacey. Right now, what's important is giving Zeus what he wants. If he was searching for me then I'll make sure to get to the ring as quickly as possible, making sure I'm out there for him... and if he has been calling for him to return, then why not let him give him a reason to come back?"

Sandy brushes past Stacey as she continues to head off. Stacey cannot believe what she did but decides not to press the issue, walking off defiantly in the other direction.​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back