• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

AS 67: Dr. Zeus vs. Matt Tastic - Gold Rush Tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kermit

the Frog
1003910_436678879778327_567070977_n.jpg

Dr. Zeus was left thirsty at KC V for Steven Kurtesy, but now he'll get to sink his teeth into Matt Tastic as a worthy substitute. Can Tastic, who is riding off a huge win over Bowen, carry his momentum and capitalize off of the distracted Zeus to score entry into the next round of the tournament? We'll just have to find out.

Deadline is Tuesday (August 20, 2013) at 11:59 P.M. (Central Time). Extensions are allowed via request.

Dr. Zeus began a relentless manhunt for the vile nasty wasties immediately after his match at Kingdom Come. Leaving a wake of destruction and chaos in every inch of his search, Zeus preyed upon the cowards Sandy Deserts and Steven Kurtesy. A volatile hatred guided each and every movement of Dr. Zeus; this was the hunt of people who had mocked the very face of God, and his soldier. Dr. Zeus had done exactly as he said he would; he vanquished the demon, Sandy Deserts, and was prepared to send her back to Hell, where she belonged. He remembered so vividly the look on her face; it wasn't human. Deserts stared at him with darkened eyes, the eyes used to peer into the soul to find fear. Demons, after all, thrived on fear. When there's none to be found, demons turn to desperation. There was no fear to be found in Dr. Zeus, nor would there be. Sandy Deserts knew she was hellbound. At least, she should have been, had it not been for-

"Kurtesy, Kurtesy, noble and bright.
Saving demons like a thief in the night."

Dorian huffed these words out to no one in particular, as he flipped over a table. As he scoured the room, he stared at employees and security who hesistantly inched closer to Zeus, attempting to calm him. Zeus roared to the heavens, as he threw the random chairs and bags that littered the locker room. The security guards ducked their heads as Dr. Zeus destroyed the entire room. Dr. Zeus looked noted at the lockers that were bolted to the wall, and nodded.

"Demons can hide anywhere that they please,
So they can live on and spread their disease."

He grabbed the door of the locker, and with a powerful yell, Dr. Zeus pulled the locker from its hinges. The security guards abandoned the room, as Dr. Zeus started to pound the wall with his fists.

"Those foul nasty wasties have cheated death.
So help me God, I'll witness their last breath!
I'll see you both rot in hell, this is true!
The beginning's done; it's the end for you!"

Dr. Zeus could faintly hear Kingdom Come's theme, Demons, play in the midst of his meltdown.

[YOUTUBE]LqI78S14Wgg[/YOUTUBE]

As he pounded on the wall, he slumped to the floor, amidst screams of rage. The lyrics almost taunt him, reminding him of the fact that his demons are coming apart at the seams. Dr. Zeus has let two demons roam the Earth.

"Don't get too close, it's dark inside.
It's where my demons hide, it's where my demons hide..."

The lyrics repeat in Dr. Zeus' mind over and over, as he finally stops pounding on the wall. Two vile, nasty wasty demons. Two untrustworthy demons, one of which has shown her true form....

Shown her true form...

Dr. Zeus thought this over, and calmed down a little. He began to ponder this. And Dr. Zeus smirked.

For Dr. Zeus got an idea.
An awful idea.
Dr. Zeus got a wonderful, awful idea.

Leon Kensworth sat uncomrtably in the vast office of Vance Bateman, general manager of Ascension. Word had gotten to Leon that Vance wanted him to follow Dr. Zeus. Leon loved his job, but he also realized that what happened three weeks ago in Denver was absolutely unacceptable. He wasn't sure if Vance Bateman knew this, but he was going to let him know.

"Look, I don't mind my job at all, I'm just not doing Dr. Zeus this week. Sorry, not after I was dragged along to God knows where, in the middle of the woods. I love my job, Vance, but I'm not an idiot."

Vance thought this over, before giving an answer. "Seems to me, Leon, that you went with Dr. Zeus on your own free will."

"I went," Leon clarified, "because I thought Sandy Deserts, who your security couldn't keep an eye on, was in danger. And a lot of good that's done, because now she's just as nuts as Dr. Zeus. And now? now they're in the same building, for the same show, and you want me to interview him again? I'm not a moron; get someone else for this one, Vance. I'm taking a break from Zeus" With that, Leon went back to do his job, leaving Vance absolutely speechless. Vance sat back in his chair for a second, pondering the situation. Perhaps Leon had been through a lot. God knows Zeus was creepy enough, as is. But what was Vance to do about this situation? He sighed a large sigh, and got on his intercom.

"Get me Johnny."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Johnny Klamor roamed the hallways of the arena, looking for Dr. Zeus' office. By now, people knew that finding Zeus meant finding the darkest, most obscure part of the arena. Then again, it wasn't as though people searched out Dr. Zeus, and Johnny never had. He had, however, watched Dr. Zeus' first match in a WZCW ring, and was left spooked by what he witnessed. He entered the cavernous abyss of the Wells Fargo Arena with trepidation. Big Johnny had seen it all, but he had never seemed something quite like Dr. Zeus, nor did he care to. He saw a beacon of light at the end of the darkness, and feared that had to be Dr. Zeus' lair. As he trudged further up, he started to sweat a little. The light shone brighter and brighter, and Johnny had no idea what was behind that door. As he inched nearer and nearer, he began to hear a distinct singing voice, and a.... Piano playing? He walked up closer and could hear the sound of piano keys, and an almost enchanting voice, almost calling to Johnny.

[YOUTUBE]ajwnmkEqYpo[/YOUTUBE]

Johnny opened the door to Dr. Zeus, and found a decadently designed ball. A chandelier hung from the ceiling, letting the colors of the room softly dance as the chandelier spun. Decorations mounted the walls, as bottles of champagne swam in buckets of ice. Dr. Zeus sat playing the piano, wearing a tuxedo, with a rose pinned to the lapel, as Chastity sat on top of the piano in an elegant red dress, a cigarette filter hanging loosely from her lips, belting out the song. In between laughs, Chastity would sing, and pointed Zeus to his newfound guest; the only other one in the room. Johnny looked around at the beautiful sight of the room, and finally locked eyes with Dr. Zeus. Zeus never broke stride on the piano, but welcomed Johnny into the room. Chastity jumped off of the piano, and went to pour champagne into three glasses. Dr. Zeus' voice bellowed out to Johnny, as he said;

"Ah, come in, come in, the party's begun.
Wouldn't you like to join in on the fun?"

Johnny moved in close, as Chastity walked up with the champagne glasses. She offered one to Zeus, and offered to Johnny. "Don't worry, handsome; I don't bite." She smirked and let out a little laugh, as Johnny reached out for a glass.

"Why, thank you," Johnny stammered for, not sure of what to make of all of this. "I have to say, this is all spendid." Johnny went to drink his champagne, before thinking better of it. Should he really trust this man, with all that he's seen him do? Johnny waited and watched Dr. Zeus, as Zeus offered a toast. The three clinged glasses, as Zeus sipped on his champagne. After a moment, Johnny calmed down, and realized the champagne was fine. He gulped it down, with a little bit of an unrefined belch at the end. Johnny mustered up a question under his breath, "Now what's the occasion?"

"A reception for the dead's only fair.
I've rid us all of a monstrous scare.
Sandy's in hiding, but soon you'll all see.
I'll purge you all of her, and Kurtesy."

Johnny thought for a second, before offering"I, uh... I hate to break this to you, but Sandy isn't dead, Zeus. She's rather alive."

Chastity and Zeus looked to each other and shared a smile, before Chastity got in close to whisper to Johnny, "Simple foreplay, big boy." Johnny smiled at Chastity, who looked stunning in her red dress. This time, he started to sweat out of eagerness. "Easy, tiger," Chastity dryly qualified, "I'm saving myself."

Dr. Zeus took over, as Chastity went back to refill champagne.

"Sandy has shown us who she truly is.
A demon Kurtesy gladly calls his.
He tried to redeem her, now we all see.
She'll never be normal, she'll never be.
Sandy's as wicked as she ever was.
And now she's given me adequate cause.
To tell you all, I was right all along.
That Steven Kurtesy was always wrong."

Dr. Zeus breaks to sip on his champagne, as he unfurls the next part of his plan.

"If Steven wants to make everything right,
He'll destroy her himself-"

He swallows his champagne with pride, as Johnny realizes this was his plan all along. He didn't want to destroy Sandy at Kingdom Come; he wanted to show Steven Kurtesy what his friend had been reduced to. Kingdom Come was mere child's play to Zeus; he had broken Sandy, and brought Kurtesy from his peace to watch his best friend morph into a mere shell of herself. Now, he wanted Kurtesty to destroy his own friend.

"To my delight." Zeus finished, looking as proud of himself as he ever had.

Johnny took a step back, almost as if this thought sickened him. "Well, if you have unfinished business, Dr. Zeus, why enter the tournament?"

"There's so many of you I have to reach.
There's so many lessons I have to teach.
There's so many demons destined to fall.
Why take down one, when I can take them all?"

"You mean like your opponent this week, Mat Tastic?" Johnny guessed.

Dr. Zeus chuckled, and looked smugly at Johnny.

" A 'super saiyan', so he likes to think.
His delusions have brought him to the brink.
His dreams seem so wonderful in his head.
His obsessions turn to absolute dread.
He's not the hero we want, or we need.
That's why, for this week, I've made it my creed.
Mat Tastic will learn, that heroes can die.
And no one will mourn him; no one will cry.
Kingdom Come's over, now your moment's come
Speeds means nothing when it's death you run from."

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]
A dream. A deep, deep dream. That's where Matt Tastic finds himself right now. Several days removed from Kingdom Come and the WrestleZone Weekend where he defeated Alex Bowen. Winning his prized Mayhem Sceptre in the process. Matt's mind is a vivid pool of pure imagination fueled by the endless content of anime, cartoons, music and games he plays during his spare time. There's more than one reason why his moniker is “The Super Saiyan Of Professional Wrestling”. Flashes of Matt's career race by as a story of a life is told in mere hours as Matt sleeps. His debut and Mayhem title wins. All record setting 4 of them coming in the span of months. A record breaking reign eventually ends leaving him for new ventures. King For A Day, his battles with Titus, and finally Rush. The dream ends as Matt recalls the Rushing Powerbomb off the ring all the way to ringside. The catalyst for his back injury.
[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Matt wakes in the middle of his bed in his empty and solitary home. For most of his life being alone wasn't anything new for him. Like the kid no one ever got along with because they didn't like him, he was always by himself. But after years under the company of his now ex-girlfriend, solitude became a new venture for him again. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Matt: …......it really sucks being alone here.........[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Matt looks at his surroundings. Examining the loneliness. His eyes stop to gaze at his PS3 with a box displaying “Tekken Tag Tournament 2”. But right now, he'd rather go back to sleep. The time of day doesn't interest him in the slightest and neither does spending time playing games or watching TV as he has nothing to look forward to other than work. Once again returning to his dreams. Memories of many people go by as well as the time. But though he has nothing at home, he greatly enjoys work. Where he finds the admiration and acceptance he never really had when he was younger. In WZCW as a professional wrestler, a place very similar to the game by the TV. Filled with evil people and everyday heroes that do their best to stop them. Admired by many for fighting on center stage. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]========================================[/FONT]​

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Many hours later, Matt arrives to the Brenn Events Center in Irvine, CA. Not far from Matt's recently bought home, WZCW is hosting a house show continuing to tour the southern California area following Kingdom Come. He grabs his bags out of his Jeep and walks off. He goes by a production truck with a familiar face on it. “Showtime” David Cougar. He stands and looks at it for a bit. Almost entranced by it as memories of the times go by him. Showtime wasn't always the greatly popular star he is today. Most people aren't even aware he once spent time in a sanitarium. Matt smiles and chuckles before moving on. After leaving his bags in the locker room, he heads off to the GM's office to see what's planned for the next few weeks. The slate being wiped clean following Kingdom Come. But before walking out, he turns back and looks around the bag. He pulls out the sceptre he won and looks at it before leaving.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]==========================================[/FONT]​

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Myles: I really hate the idea of having fans send us TOUT's and us airing them. Most fans who do those aren't very bright. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Dave: Oh, come on Chuck. We really should encourage fans to be more interactive with us.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Myles: What? Is getting autograph sessions after each show not enough? I hardly see how to be more interactive than being face to face with us. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Vance: What's TOUT? Is that like that Wiistation One everyone keeps talking about?[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Dave: …..ummm....[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]-Knock Knock-[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Chuck: Saved by the bell. Come in![/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Matt Tastic walks in wearing casual jeans, t-shirt and a hoodie. He shakes hands with the Gms before Dave asks him to sit down.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Dave: Hello Matt. Congrats on the big win, Matt. I knew you could do it.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Myles: Crazy as usual, kid. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Matt: Thanks.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Myles: Well I guess you wanna know what's next, right?[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Matt: Yup. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Dave: Well, we've got big plans for you. We've got an upcoming special event and we have you penciled in to headline it. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Vance: It's a very cool concept and you should fit right in.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Matt: All-Stars? You guys want me to headline All-Stars?[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Vance: No, we haven't planned that one yet. It's something new, but it's also a one-time event.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Dave: Where's your sceptre?[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Matt: My sceptre?[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Dave: The one you won from Bowen. I saw you leave with it at Wrestlezone. See this event is about the May--[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Matt gets up in a huff and shows the sceptre off then stretches his arms out in order to get the GM's to be quiet. Not too pleased by what he hears.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Matt: OK, I'm gonna stop you right there. Dave, guys. Just how long have I known you? How long have I been working here nonstop?[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Chuck: Almost 4, right?[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Vance: That doesn't sound like much.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Chuck: You're old as hell, I'm almost sure you see everything in monochrome. The company is just 6 years old.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Vance: Wow, really? I did-[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Dave: Enough of that. What's your point?[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Matt: My point is that somehow, despite being here for so long the best that it seems I get lately is headlining B-Shows. Aftershock 1, 25, Wrestlezone Weekend, now you're talking to me about how I may have to headline another one? [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Dave: What's wrong with that? You're headlining shows.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Matt: No. What I'm doing is babysitting these smaller shows because you need someone to. And since I haven't been able exactly been able to be a main event guy, I've become the guy that helps put other smaller guys and shows over.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Dave: You are not.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Matt: Really? Then why can't I have a shot at headlining other shows like Apocalypse or Redemption? Hell how did I not have a match or appearance at Kingdom Come? It would've been my fourth one. How did Steven Holmes go over me? Hell, I'm still pretty mad about Gordito getting the pass over me because I had a title back then and he didn't. And that was 3 years ago! Listen, I'll stop right there because I'm starting to sound jealous.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Chuck: You're not jealous? Because you're fooling me otherwise.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Matt: It's more like frustration. I get that these guys managed their own breakthroughs and I have nothing against that, but after a while, it starts to sting seeing other people pass you by like that. It happens so often that it's just becoming too hard for me to ignore. Ever since I got in this business for me it's been all about breaking through the glass ceiling but yet I haven't gotten close enough to break that glass.And...... It becomes frustrating. You see guys that start off after you. Each and every day. And they go by. It eats at me. It becomes a harder pill to swallow each and every day. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Vance: Well, you might get your chance. The Gold Rush Tournament is coming up this round and we need you guys to fill those brackets.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Dave: Great. Matt here can enter it.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Vance: Already done. A nice little reward for the win over Bowen. I got the first round list done. And yeah, I took Isabel Stone's bye into account.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Matt: Aaaannnd? Well, who's the first guy I gotta face? I'll do my absolute best to go all the way to the Finals and win. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Vance: Your first round opponent will beeeee........ -looks at wrinkled paper he pulls out of his pocket- Dr. Zeus. ….....................Oh my....................[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]A silence fills the air. Chuck's eyes open wide, Dave puts his hands on his desk and Matt crosses his arms as Vance just looks at the paper.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Chuck: AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!![/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Chuck's laughter fills the air and echoes all over the place as Matt crosses his arms in clear frustration. Dave looks on wondering what's the laughter about as Vance pulls the paper very closely to read it better.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Dave: And just what in the bloody hell is so funny about that, Myles?[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Chuck: Oh come on. How's that not funny? He asks for a shot to move up the card, and he gets the major up and comer that just happened to beat him a few weeks ago. In a random draw no less. I just love wrestling.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Dave: Vance, did you really make these draws at random?
[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Vance: What? Of course I did.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Chuck: Must've been one of those wrestling randomizers that takes stor--[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Dave: Enough. It is a hell of a challenge though. Will you accept that match? Or would you rather go for something else? Because with that sceptre, I was thinking you could--[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Matt: Don't tell me you don't think I can win.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Dave: Well....... it's just that...... ugh....[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Chuck: Actually not at all. It's just that Zeus has a, by far, bigger chance of winning than you. Listen, we know you are really talented, but this guy is damn near unstoppable and so far totally unbeaten. It's been a long time since I've seen someone like him. He's like a beast.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Matt: Oh, really? An asylum runaway with odd quirks who likes to rampage in the ring? Am I describing my opponent or Showtime next challenger? Listen guys, I've been very complaisant for nearly 4 years but a chance is a chance and I am gonna take it. I have backed down from no challenges and have fought and beaten guys similar to Zeus. So why would I be afraid this time? I've already been beaten to the point of needing a stretcher. That's nothing new to me. I'll take the match. They don't call me the Super Saiyan Of Pro Wrestling just because of a cartoon I like.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Vance: It's not?[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Matt: No, it's because no matter how badly I'm beaten down, I get right back up. I know the fans stand beside me and support me when all else fails. I wouldn't be much of a Mayhem legend if I didn't know how to take a punch either. That little moniker is a testament to my fortitude and my warrior spirit. And I'll be damned if I just step down from a match fearing for my health just after winning the title “King Of Mayhem”.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Dave: Listen Matt, I know you can take care of yourself and I know you're a great talent. I just don't think you'll be able to beat this guy. He's bizarre, he's imposing, he's..... He rhymes! Listen, I've been around the block for a long time myself and I don't think I've seen something like him. There's a unique sense to him that I just can't put my finger on. I don't know if it's the bizarreness or if it's that ability to stay “focused”, I guess, no matter what. There is just something about him that I feel is genuinely unique to him. I truly believe he's the next big thing.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Matt: Oh, give me a break! “The next big thing”? I've heard that about so many guys. I remember starting out here and people saying that about Corey Payne. Guess where he is? Not here. They said the same thing about Ty Burna. But his time is sadly up. Same about Triple X. Michael Winters was another guy people had high hopes for. But they are all sadly gone. You know who else they said that about?[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Dave: Who?[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Matt: A fellow by the name of Big Dave. Know him?[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Dave: ….........[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Matt: I'm sorry if it bothers you, but it's the truth, boss. But guess who's still around after all this time. Time passes and big things come and go. The “next big thing” becomes a figure of the past and in comes a new crop of guys to show what they've got. But there is one thing that in these few years has not changed. One thing that has been constant. Going out there every night until he can't go anymore and then comes right back for more. There's one constant that no matter how badly he's beaten, he gets up and smiles to the crowd. Why? Because it's what he enjoys doing. It's not some sick form of masochism. It's not a gimmick. It's a love for this business that's been showcased since before many guys in this roster today were around. You say Dr. Zeus is the “next big thing”, but I am “the one big constant”. I don't change. I'm always here. WZCW is the ship and I am the it's caretaker. I have and will always be around to serve the fans that have embraced me and the company that gave me a home. I was just an aimless kid before I got into pro wrestling. Not an inmate in a mental institute. Not a secret spy. Not a preacher. Not an actor. Just an average kid. Who eventually clinged to something he loved and found his purpose. I haven't stopped dreaming though. I want and plan to walk away with this tournament under my resume. Because I truly believe that it's not a matter of whether I win the World Heavyweight Championship or not. But when.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Dave: I'm very glad to hear that you want to work your way to the top. And I even doubt Dr. Zeus cares about it at this point. He's purely obsessed on Kurtesy and Desserts. Who knows maybe you can exploit that. But regardless, he has shown to be a real danger. So please try not to hurt yourself. And good luck out there.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Chuck: I still don't think you can do it. But it's not like you'll need a hearse to carry you out. Go out there and fight. At the least, I think you can give the guy a real challenge and not lose a limb trying.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Matt turns and walks off to the door with a smile enlightened by his renewed confidence and the stamp of approval given by his superiors. He stops just before walking off as something suddenly comes to mind.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Matt: By the way, how come that one time I did a Christmas Carol with nothing but rhymes, I ended up forced to enter Lethal Lottery at #1 while Dr. Zeus gets pushed to the moon for speaking like that all the time? [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Dave: It's a hell of a lot more than just the rhyming Matt. There's still a few hours before the show here starts. Why don't you go--[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Matt: Greet the fans. That sounds like an awesome idea. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Dave: I was gonna suggest to grab a bite to eat but I guess that works too.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Matt: It's a freakin' sunny summer day and they're just standing out there waiting for the gate to open. Zeus is gonna get some Kickassery delivered, but the fans deserve some Coolassery bad. Mind if I take a few cold bottles of water and hand them out?[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Chuck: Pay for them.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Matt: Cheep bastard.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Chuck: I don't trust you with that stuff after you threw away over $5000 in masks a few years ago.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Matt: -_-[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Matt pulls out his wallet after delivering a stoic face not too thrilled about the remainder and hands out some cash to Chuck Myles. But before he can walk out again.....[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]
Chuck: And the money for the cooler?[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Matt: >____<[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = [/FONT]​

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Fading ahead in time as Matt walks backstage, now in his ring gear and a shirt reading “Tastic Iz King”, holding the cooler in hand. He grabs a towel on the way and drapes it over his neck as he finally reaches the admissions gate. He opens it up to find the large lines of fans. Some waiting to be allowed in and other in line to buy their tickets. As soon as Matt peeps his head all eyes to turn to him and all indistinguishable noises turn to cheers as Matt raises the cooler over his head.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Matt: Yo!!! I was inside and..... UFF, it is hot today. The heat was just killing me. So I thought to myself, “Damn, the Z-fans are probably feeling worse because they have that hot, steamin' sun over them”. Then I thought of something nice to do. Here's a cooler with water bottles in it. And it's real simple. I'm gonna hand bottles to the people that show me just how pumped they are for today's show. So let me hear it!![/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]The crowd cheers loudly as Matt goes around handing bottles of water to them to drink. He hands them mostly to younger kids and ruffles their heads while posing for camera shots. He looks highly motivated as well as greatly enjoying the support from the crowd. The passion he has for the business is reflected off the gleeming smile in his face. It's clear that it's a joy that cannot be easily erased from him. It's both a feeling of acceptance and purpose. He hands a lot of bottles out but eventually runs out. The crowd “awws” sadly at it as Matt looks at the cooler and puts it down. Clapping hands with the people. Though in steps the beauty known as Becky Serra. Clad in a white t-shirt and daisy dukes with a cameraman in tow. One has to wonder what she's here for. She approaches Matt as he plays with some kids.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Becky: Matt. Matt! Big Dave told me you were out here. I just wanted to get your thoughts on your upcoming match with Dr. Zeus at Ascension. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Matt stops and turns to Becky. He lifts his head up high and takes a very deep breath as he thinks up his words.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Matt: I belieeeeeeveeee.......... The 'Z needs to stop recruiting talent from asylums. It's starting to get silly. I hear they just signed a doctor who dips his nails in poison.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Becky: Matt, it is the first round of the Gold Rush tournament. The match is very important. The winner of this tournament gets a shot at the World title. Shouldn't you be more focused?[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Matt: I belieeeeeeveeee.......... Focusing too much on something becomes a distraction. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Becky: What does that mean? This tournament can put you in your first World title match. You can achieve your dream of being a World Champion.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Matt: I belieeeeeeveeee.......... I know that Becky. But I'm not gonna stress my brain and rattle my nerves over the match. I know this is big. And I know how important it is. Don't get me wrong. I want to win it. Bad. Very very bad.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Becky: Then what did you mean by “focusing too much becomes a distraction”?[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Matt: To win this I need to beat 4 different individuals. I can't just focus on the big win and ignore those 4 people I need to go by. I also can't just aim all my strength on Dr. Zeus because then I'll be too exhausted for the next rounds. I need to take it all a step at a time. I can't just focus all my attention into one match every time I get a big opponent or a big opportunity. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Becky: But this is Dr. Zeus. This man has been unbeaten for a good while with no real challenge as of yet. How can you hope to beat him?[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Matt: Becky, I got the same thing from management. I've been here since January of 2010. I've won titles and lost battles. I've also fought in many wars and done many big things backstage as well. I've been around the block. I've beaten giants in Rush, I've beaten psycho's in Barbosa and I've beaten hyped wrestlers in Big Dave. I don't have my sceptre here but I'm also the “King Of Mayhem” now. I've proven I can take a beating and give it back tenfold. So why do so many people here doubt me when it's clear that I can get the job done?[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Becky: I-I don't know. I just don't see it happening. He beat Sandy Deserts at Kingdom Come and--[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Matt: And I won my match too you know. Is the doubt because my match wasn't on Kingdom Come? Is it because I didn't win the Eurasian title at All Or Nothing? Was it because I didn't win King For A Day at Kingdom Come last year? The past is in the past, Becky. I focused too much on goals and did not see other obstacles coming.I failed then, but I can change that now. Zeus is a supposed monster but all he does is pay attention to his rhymes and Kurtesy. He's too focused on that. And if he keeps it up, his vision will be too narrow and it will lead to him being distracted and make a mistake. But my vision is not so narrow, Becky. No, I take the time to look at the details around me. Time has taught me that. Something Zeus does not have. I've outlasted so many hereand I'll outlast Zeus in the ring too. It's experience and past mistakes caused by too much focus that led me to this point and time, Becky. I've become much wiser. And it's that wisdom that helped me win the title of “King Of Mayhem”. And just so you know, I am a king of the people. Which is why I'm here quenching the thirst of the people. Literally and theoretically. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Becky: What do you mean by theoretically?[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Matt: Becky, our job as entertainers is to..... Well entertain. That's our job in the ring and out of it. I'm making it worth it for these people to wait out here under this scorching sun and then afterwords, I'm gonna have a match and make it their moneys worth. It's because of them that we have a stage to showcase our skills and what we are all about. Whether it's our outlandish personality or our heart and desire to persevere. Zeus is way too focused on Kurtesy and Desserts to notice. Whether it's the people around him or even what makes this business tick. He comes out with a hospital bed but in reality he spends every moment with nothing but blinders on. Keeping his eyes straight for his one objective. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Becky: You say that but he made you submit at the Supershow.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Matt: I'm a Super Saiyan, Becky. When I'm near defeat, I come back stronger. He got the best of me once but not this time. I'm going to defeat Dr. Zeus just like I've done to so many after just as many years here. I outlasted them all and it won't be any different with Dr. Zeus because the crowd is here to support me. Now WHO WANTS TO SEE ME DELIVER KICKASSERY TO DR. ZEUS?!?![/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]The crowd cheers in approval as Matt high fives those that are near. He grabs the cooler but points Becky's mic back to himself.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Matt: Becky. Becky, you're sweating. It's a hot day today, isn't it?[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Becky: Yeah, it's very hot today.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Matt: Are you hot?[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Becky: Yeah, I am pretty hot.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Matt: Nah, don't be modest. You're smokin' hot. Isn't she smokin' hot, Z-fans?[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]The people cheer on with a few males shooting off cat calls.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Becky: Aw thanks. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Matt:I think you should cool off.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Matt takes the cooler and pours it over Becky soaking her in melted ice and wetting her t-shirt revealing a bikini top under it. At first she seems to freak out over the cold water but as Matt finishes pouring it, her face turns to a smile. He takes the towel he had and drapes it on Becky's neck as the people cheer rabidly and he laughs on with joy in his face. The shot of a man covering his son's eyes while still cheering is shown as well as Matt posing around with Becky for more pictures and grabs the mic one final time.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Matt: Dr. Zeus! You have the title of a doctor, the name of a god and the speech of a storyteller. But you don't heal. You destroy. You don't rule. You wrec. And you certainly don't entertain. You just creep people out. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Last time you put me down. I fell asleep onto the ground.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Like a child you left me asleep without making a sound.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]But this time as we fight, I'm turning things around.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]The gameplan will be simple. I'll put on the pound.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]And once I beat you, I'll move onto the next round.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]At Ascension, the king of the people decrees you get a delivery of Kickassery as I take a step towards the World Heavyweight Championship. Spread the word! Kick-As-Sery! Kick-As-Sery! Kick-As-Sery![/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]The crowd cheer it on loudly as the screen fades to black.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif] Kick-As-Sery![/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Kick-As-Sery!
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif] Kick-As-Sery! [/FONT]

[/FONT]

[/FONT]
[/FONT]

[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Kick-As-Sery! [/FONT]​

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]==============================[/FONT]​

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Time goes by as a fun time is had at the show. By Matt and the fans. The scene opens one final time as Matt re-enters his home carrying his luggage and the sceptre at hand. Draped over his neck is the towel he gave Becky. He puts his stuff to the side and grabs the towel looking at it before once again examining the completely empty home. Lonely and devoid of any noise, it's the polar opposite of the arena in which he was. The arenas are vivid and filled with life and excitement. But that's all over for today. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Matt: -Sigh- Today was a good day.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Matt feels no doubt in his abilities. Though he's alone at home, his life becomes a thrill when he steps into the ring. Confidence flows through him fueled by the acceptance of the fans. He'll need it. Because it's not just the challenge of beating the good Dr. Zeus. But also other participants who may be just as hungry as Matt. [/FONT]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back