SuperShow III: Grand Mystique vs. Team Strikeforce - Gauntlet Match

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kermit

the Frog
SuperShow III

Team Strikeforce: James Howard, Derek Jacobs, & Ricky Runn

The beginning of Aftershock 25 gave us a shocking reveal when it was announced that The Sacrificial Altar would take on Strikeforce & Derek Jacobs in a 3v3 War Games Match. Now, The Grand Mystique will have a chance to beat team Strikeforce down before they ever even meet at Kingdom Come V. The universal evil has watched his plan slowly unfold since Unscripted, but what will happen in the final pages of the final chapter?

Deadline is Wednesday July 10, 2013 @ 11:59 P.M. (Central). Soft Extensions Only

The scene opens to James Howard talking to Leon Kensworth in front of the WZCW interview set.

“So James, later tonight on the WZCW Super Show you’re going to be teaming with Ricky Runn and Derek Jacobs in a gauntlet match against the Grand Mystique. What have you been doing to prepare? Are you ready for the match?”

Howard snatches the microphone from Leon’s hands.

“Listen Leon, it’s simple. Do you know what I’ve been doing since the Lethal Lottery? I’ve been training every waking hour of every day. I’m up before the sun rises and I go to bed long after it has set. I train with Ricky Runn, I train with Derek Jacobs, and I train with Mikey Stormrage. I don’t sleep anymore. I’m a machine. A machine with one simple goal, destroy. Since I returned I’ve faced the best that The Sacrificial Altar has. I faced DC one on one and I beat him clean in the middle of that ring. Strikeforce took on DC and Westhoff two weeks ago and once again we were victorious. Last week we faced Rush and Sam Smith, you know, the guys who dominated the Elite X and Eurasian championships last year and who are facing Saxton and Saboteur for the tag championships at Kingdom Come. Once again they were forced to lie on their back for a three count.

“The fact is.

“The fact is that since I returned at the Lethal Lottery no-one has come close to me. Grand Mystique is on the ropes and swinging for the fences and this week he’s going to have to face me, one on one in the middle of that ring. His three cronies won’t be able to protect him. His allies that have shown time and time again that they’re no match for me. They’re no match for Strikeforce, or for anyone else with the grapes to stand up to them.

“Ricky Runn and Derek Jacobs are not exactly pushovers either. Don’t get me wrong Leon, this might be a gauntlet match but we’re still one on one with Mystique, and he’s a ruthless and twisted S.O.B. tonight Leon, I plan to give Grand Mystique a taste of his own medicine. Tonight he’s getting a preview of Kingdom Come and he’ll know what revenge tastes like.”

Howard drops the microphone on the ground and walks away the camera briefly pans to follow him before Leon lets go of a huge sigh.

???:"They wrote me off. I offer my help. My aid, my friendship, hell my own very body and they just reject me-- I've been through some lows in my life. But this. This has been an all time new low. Depression is at an all time high and confidence at an all time low. But now, now they want me. They want me for an advantage."

We are now taken to a dark room, with only a single light shining down onto a gloomy Ricky Runn. Who was sitting on a chair.

Ricky:"The world around me has been failing me bro. First my luck, then Voodoo Mama Juju, then Lucky, and now Strikeforce, my friends. At times like this, there's only one thing to really do. Really in the end, it's all we have left to do is--"

The lights in the entire building light up, and we see Ricky wearing a diamond studded jumpsuit, his hair was styled up with hair spray and his eyes were covered by shutter shades.

Ricky:"DANCE!"

Then suddenly the room was filled with random people. Which was shortly followed by a disco ball dropping from the ceiling and funky fresh music playing loudly. Flailing his arms up in the air Ricky began dancing with the crowd of random people. Though despite the loud music Ricky while dancing continued to speak.

Ricky:"At the Supershow I'm going to prove how useful I really am. That with my big long, pink, ding dong, SWAG! The supershow, where me, James, and Derek no good two timing weird guy with too much time on his hands because he is a doody head with no where near as much swag as me Jacobs are going to beat up Big Curly. This is going to be easy peesy lemon sque--"

???:"Ricky what are you doing in my house!?"

The music, the dancing, and the promo were all cut short by Rob. Who was standing at the front door. As Rob elegantly stated, it was his home and everyone was stopped in their feet. Ricky then turned his body to the direction of the DJ and commanded.

Ricky:"Keep playing the funky music white boy! I'll talk to the party pooper."

The DJ, who was Asian just shrugged and went back to blasting music. Ricky walked over to Rob who met him halfway with an angry look.

Rob:"Ricky what the hell man. I didn't say you can have a party in my house. What's been your problem lately?"

Ricky tilts his head and looks at his friend and says.

Ricky:"Know what's been my beef bro? I've been trying to party and show off my swag and you've been trying to hold me back. One does not simply hold back Swag, Rob!"

Rob then rolled his eyes and stepped away from Ricky and let out a sigh.

Rob:"Okay you know what, we obviously need some more time away from each other. Have my house for the night, I don't care. Just hire somebody to clean it up when you're done swagging it up or whatever it is you're up to. I hope Big Curly doesn't hear all the noise and come and get you."

Ricky:"Big-- Big Curly?"

Before Rob could go on about the bear that has haunted Ricky, he stepped away from Ricky and out of the house. Leaving Ricky alone in the crowd of people dancing like they were trapped in a 1980's music video.

DC sits with the look of a bored teenager in a science class. Next to him is David Whitman. These two men have traveled all over the world, fought and teamed together in countless companies. They have had the adulation of millions because they were the best. But their destinies are linked beyond what they have known to this point. There’s no way that they could have pictured themselves here together at this point in time. Not with this man in front of them.

“War is coming gentlemen and the time for games will soon be over. We have bent to the rules of WZCW for long enough and the time has come to impose our own will on the company. It will follow our destiny as we demonstrate what will be in the future.”

DC grimaces, his couldn’t-care-less mannerisms shine. He glances at Whitman but his friend is statuesque. David’s eyes are glazed over, he looks bored.

“We need to show some substance.”

“We need you to get your finger out G.” The biting comment draws no reaction from the masked leader. “You said we would destroy them. You said they were falling apart, had nothing left.”

“And -”

“And nothing! I’m sick of your bullsh*t! What was the point of agreeing to be in whatever this is supposed to be if we are not the best? You may not know what it is to be the best but we are used to being the best in the damn world. You have no idea what you are doing and we are wasted.”

“I understand you are feeling hard done by, let down. You didn’t expect your journeys within the Altar to be smooth did you?” DC raises his hands as he openly questions the Grand Mystique once more. “You are being tested. Your paths to this point have been laden with obstacles and pitfalls that have brought you down to all time lows, personally and professionally. Have faith that we will see you rise to the pinnacle of this company. But believe me when I say that your return must be alongside us because you cannot do this alone. And you were alone, more than you ever had been and you hated it. You couldn’t run with Michaels or Cannon, hell, even Sharpman and Bridges rejected you like a piece of trash. But with no family, you were beyond vulnerable.”

The names that GM mentions gets a reaction from both men but their lacklustre energies mean that their responses are low-key, barely noticeable.

“You and David have that in common. You have been left to rot in hell and we are picked up the pieces. I can tell you why you struggle so much, why you have nothing left and I can tell you why that struggle will end.”

“Oh this will be good.” Whitman glances at him. “I’m intrigued.” Both men smirk but it’s an empty gesture.

“Because Destiny has been kind enough to lay Mikey Stormrage at our feet a little early and I expect you to take what has been given to you in the manner that it is intended.”

“You’re crazy. You are clueless! For all the good it does us being able to destroy Stormrage, you get isolated in the same way?”

“You don’t understand -”

“Please, don’t you dare say “What the Lord giveth, he taketh away”, I’m not in the mood for that sh*t right now.” His normal arrogance replaced by a worn-down frustration.

“You feel the same David?”

“Heh.” His ironic chuckle is muted and muffled. “I’m in but I don’t like your odds.”

“Fear is something for them to dwell on. Let them mull it over in the days leading to come. Mikey Stormrage should be petrified about what faces him in your match. Howard, Runn and Jacobs will look in my eyes and see their own fear reflected back at them. I will torture them with their weaknesses and what I do in the ring will break their spirits and echo in eternity at Kingdom Come when they are ready to be sacrificed in front of the world.”

“So you want us to break the spirit of Mikey Stormrage?” D sounds fed up and he doesn’t even try to hide it.

“You think that is going to be simple?”

“Nothing is simple but I have had him on the edge of sanity for too long.”

“I would have believed you before the Lethal Lottery but he seems to have found his way again.”

“Every single superstar in WZCW wears a facade. My mask is more honest than most. Mikey’s is most fragile and he is ready to crack. He simply believes he is better because he has a semblance of normality back in his life. Howard is all he knows and we have crushed that aspect of his life, he will never have that crutch to support him and that is all down to the work Mason and I have put in. Stormrage is the physical and mental representation of everything that we are aiming to crush and it is nearly time for our project to come to fruition.”

“Really, what is that then?”

“You haven’t realised yet?”

“No, brain-ache, I’m not Sherlock Holmes and I cannot read your mind. I have no idea what your end game is.” D is tired and becoming stressed with the cryptic talk of the Altar’s leader but it’s the most energy either man has shown yet..

“Your final lesson will come in time and then all will become clear.”

We see the same room. Mason Westhoff, a much bulkier man akin to the Grand Mystique's own size, sit around the same table and it is instantly clear that the relationship between the two is much more amicable.

“What troubles you Brother Mason.”

“I fear for the stability of our Altar my liege. DC and Whitman have hardly caused shockwaves with their arrivals.”

“Doubt is a powerful tool Brother Mason and it should be coursing through your veins. Doubt me, be suspicious of our cause and you will emerge better for the experience.”

“I didn’t mean to be so obvious.”

“You weren’t. I see it in your eyes. Your heart was to embrace these two men, it is in your nature to see them as brothers but I never said that it would be easy to nurture that relationship to the point that is natural and reciprocated. I understand your hesitation and I hope your concerns will be allayed shortly.”

“We are hardly a cohesive unit and we are not ready for the battle that awaits us.”

“It is not about being cohesive or organised.”

“Then pardon my doubt sire but what is the point?”

“The time will come for my lessons to come about and reveal themselves because Kingdom Come is the beginning of our journey, not the end.”

“So what is next?”

“Justice appears in many forms. There are countless events that are unjust in WZCW. The Sacrificial Altar is the solution to these injustices. This company just doesn’t know about it but they will. ” Mason tries to hide disappointment but fails. “For now, just remember what I told you when we first met.”

I’d like to tell you a story. It’s a story about a man named Mike Christian.

Mike came from a small town outside of Selma, Alabama. He didn’t wear a pair of shoes until he was 13 years old. When he was 17 he enlisted in the US Navy to go defend his country during the Vietnam War. In 1967, Mike Christian was shot down and held in a Vietnamese 5x9 cell in a Prisoner of War camp for 5 1/2 years.

One day, Mike acquired a bamboo needle from one of the guards; every day, for two years, Mike worked on one project -- sewing an American flag on the inside of his shirt. Every day, Mike would work on that flag – and every day, he and the other prisoners would stand up in front of that shirt and say the Pledge of Allegiance. Mike Christian and his buddies, shot down in Vietnam, held in the worst kind of torture chamber, every day, they’d say the Pledge of Allegiance:

I Pledge Allegiance. To the flag. Of the United States of America. And to the republic. For which it stands. One nation. Under god. Indivisible. With liberty. And justice for all.

Every day. Until one day he got caught. And for 17 hours he was beaten and mauled and burned and decimated within an absolute inch of his life – and when he got back to his cell – when he got back to his cell – he took that t-shirt – and he held it up – and do you know what he said? Do you know what he said?

I Pledge Allegiance. To the flag. Of the United States of America. And to the republic. For which it stands. One nation. Under god. Indivisible. With liberty. And justice for all.

And when he said the Pledge of Allegiance. When Mike Christian, who didn’t own a pair of shoes until he was 13 years old, put his mangled hand on his tortured heart and said the Pledge of Allegiance – do you know what those North Vietnamese sons of bitches did to him? Do you know? Do you know?

They let him go.

The guards let him go because they knew that any man who would come back after a beating like that and stand right in their face and say, “Hit Me Again, You Bastards! I Will Not Back Down And You Will Hit Me Again!...” they knew that any man like that was more man than they could control – and they wanted to be as far away from that man as possible.

Grand Mystique, you have beaten, humiliated, mauled and outright tried to destroy myself and Strikeforce.

And it hasn't worked.

Your judgement is coming. And until you give up we'll keep saying "We will not Back Down And You Will Hit Us Again!”

Bank on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back