MD89: Derek Jacobs vs. Mason Westhoff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viola Moonlight

I'm Literally Just Here for WZCW
MeltdownLogo_zps4bdaf09b.jpg

Derek Jacobs returned to WZCW and to the Sacrificial Altar at Lethal Lottey - or so it seemed, until he turned on his former partners and tried to make peace with Strikeforce! Mason Westhoff is undoubtedly furious at the betrayal, but Derek Jacobs finds himself in no man's land, as he's excommunicated himself from the altar, but no one else knows if they can trust him! He'll try to prove himself by knocking off his former friend as the war between Mikey Stormrage and Grand Mystique threatens to encompass all of WZCW.

Deadline is Tuesday, May 28th 2013, at 11:59 P.M. (Central Time Zone)

May 24, 2013
7:55 PM

At a WZCW house show Derek Jacobs is sitting in the middle of the ring, microphone in hand. Slouching in the chair, he is ready to make a statement. After making his shocking return at Lethal Lottery, and NOT as a member of The Sacrificial Altar, Dr. Pain feels as though he should explain to the crowd what is going on inside his head. As the crowd's cheers die down, Jacobs brings the microphone to his mouth and begins to speak, head bowed.

"Hello Milwaukee, my name is Derek Jacobs, and I'm going to hell."

The crowd falls silent at these harsh words.

"Over the last year of my life I have thrown away every person I ever cared about, became a monster I never knew I could be, and ended careers of people all in the name of "the Almighty."

Jacobs' chest swells as he takes in a deep breath.

"Then when I felt like I was at my lowest point, when I lost 2 months of my career and I didn't think I could ever wrestle again, the very same people that I stood by and called my brothers abandoned me. They left me for dead."

At this point, Derek snaps his head up. He has a cold, calculating look in his eyes. He barely speaks above a whisper.

"Then to make matters worse, the one person that I could have counted on, the one person that truly cared for me no matter what happened between us is taken from me as well."

Derek Jacobs' eyes are icy.

Deadly.

"My name is Derek Jacobs, and I am going to hell."

The day before, while most of the WZCW roster are celebrating their wins at Lethal Lottery or recalculating their next steps, Derek Jacobs was doing something more personal.

When Derek arrived at the large cemetery, he headed straight for the grave of his best friend. Changed now into a pair of dark jeans and a t-shirt and boots, Derek knelt in front of James' grave, touching the cold stone that marked the spot where he now laid; and his other hand was grasping the letter that had been given to him hours earlier by his best friend's lawyer.

"Asshole. You know how much I hate lawyers."

Derek laughed gently to himself. His bottom lip began to quiver.

He still couldn't believe that James was gone. He missed him so much.

"So it was you. You were the one who emailed me James Howard's phone number. You're the one who put this whole plan into place."

Derek smiled down at the grave of his best friend as he wiped a tear from his eye. James always looked out for Derek, and it seemed that was still the case.

"I made a promise to you James. I promised you that I would find myself, and I've taken the first step to accomplish that. I'm back in WZCW, but this time no preacher or wannabe deity is influencing me. This time I'm back to right the wrongs I helped commit. The Sacrificial altar will feel my wrath, and one by one they will fall.

I'm back to do what we set out to do in the first place:

Kick ass."

We are back in Milwaukee as Derek Jacobs finishes speaking to the fans.

"But see, If I'm going to hell, I'm gonna take some people with me. And I'm gonna start with Mason Westhoff."

The crowd boos heavily at the mention of the Preacher.

"Mason, we rode up and down a lot of roads together, and I loved you like a brother. You showed me what kind of monster I could be. Together we ended careers, destroyed lives.

Then, when you felt like you had used me for everything I was worth, you pulled the plug just thinking I would go away easy. And that's where you're wrong. I'm back in WZCW for good, and my first order of business is to kill what I helped create. By my hand the Sacrificial Altar will die. Every sin you've committed since coming to this company has been paid for by my blood. I've been your scapegoat for long enough. And I don't care if it's Grand Mystique, DC or anyone else; if you interfere in this match, you'll go to hell with us."

The crowd cheers this declaration of war.

"But I'm not gonna do it alone. You see, they might not trust me, but my brothers in this fight are two people you, no we tried to destroy. James Howard, and Mikey Stormrage, Strikeforce!"

The crowd lets out a massive pop at the mention of the reunited tag team.

"At Meltdown 89 on June 1st, Mason, I'm going to hell. And I'm taking you with me.

Bank on that."

The best laid schemes of mice and men
Go often awry​
- Robert Burns, “To a Mouse”​

Lethal Lottery was supposed to be the end of the Mikey Stormrage problem. After months of waiting, The Grand Mystique and Mikey were locked in a steel cage, with an added stipulation that if Mikey were to lose, he would join The Sacrificial Altar. The match was happening, however, Grand Mystique had come up with an alternate plan.

Despite what the match stipulations may say, Mikey Stormrage will never be a willing member of The Sacrificial Altar.

The scene cut to a small, dimly lit room where Grand Mystique is addressing Brother Mason Westhoff and the man who was returning to WZCW for the first time in many, many years, DC. The distant crowd noise and distinctive blue and yellow paint scheme reveal this meeting taking place at the Scottrade Center in St. Louis, the night of the Lethal Lottery.

That’s where you two come in. I don’t care how you do it, but we need to get Mikey backstage. I’ll get a room set up and after an hour or so, he’ll be ready and willing to do our bidding.

How are we supposed to get a 300 pound man out of a cage and back to a room?

He said that was for us to figure out. Besides, I think I have just the thing.

DC glances at Brother Westhoff with a skeptical look, but Grand Mystique begins speaking before Brother Westhoff notices.

You two sort it out. DC, I want you to be the one to handle this. Brother Westhoff has shown his loyalty to The Sacrificial Altar, and now, it is your turn. Do not fail me.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

We find Brother Westhoff in an open field at night. The only way he can be made out is from a dim light coming from a lantern he holds at his side as he walks forward.

The Lethal Lottery was supposed to be The Sacrificial Altar’s greatest night. The addition of Mikey Stormrage and a victory in the Lethal Lottery match? We would have been the force to reckon with in WZCW.

It took two men, not even on the active roster to stop us. Not just that, but two men that we have already eliminated from competing once before. James Howard, I must admit that I’m impressed that you’ve made it back, but that won’t stop us from sending you right back home to your family, permanently this time.

Brother Westhoff finishes his sentence, but does not continue speaking. He walks for nearly a full minute, before squatting down and inspecting some debris on the ground. As he handles whatever it is, he begins speaking once more.

The Almighty is the ultimate Creator, making anything fathomable out of absolutely nothing. This grass, those trees, the stars, you and I; all the products of The Almighty. Despite my best efforts, I cannot create perfection out of nothing like The Almighty. That hasn’t stopped me from trying, however. Twice I have nearly accomplished perfection. The first was Bridge to Salvation Church. The second was Derek Jacobs.

Brother Westhoff stands, the piece of rubble still in his hand.

Derek Jacobs, when I first met you, there was just about no one lower than you on the totem pole around here. You went from a random new guy to less than a second away from holding the WZCW Tag Team Championship. Do you really think any of that would’ve been possible without me there, holding your hand and guiding you down The Almighty’s path?

I drug you out of the pit of irrelevance and made you a force in this company and you thank me by ruining the efforts of The Sacrificial Altar. You can help Strikeforce and claim you’ve changed, but don’t you forget for a second that their blood is on your hands too. You stood alongside me as James Howard’s neck was broken and attempts were made to do the same to Mikey Stormrage.

Brother Westhoff takes a couple steps forward, and picks up another piece of debris.

Bridge to Salvation Church was my first attempt at creating perfection from nothing. I was so close, but, in the end, I was left with no choice but to destroy it. There are two options, Derek. Either you haven’t changed, and you need to beg for forgiveness or you have changed. If the latter is the case, you can expect to end up just like this once glorious church: a forgotten pile of wreckage, destroyed by its creator.

Brother Westhoff throws the pieces of the church at the ground, and the scene fades to black.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back