Super Bowl XLVII: Baltimore Ravens vs. San Francisco 49ers

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
I doubt many people had this one at the beginning of the season.

Anyway the game is set for Sunday February 3 in the Superdome in New Orleans. Use this thread to talk about the game, the conference championship games, the teams, and anything related to the Super Bowl.

The Niners came close to slipping against Atlanta, but they pulled it out. Nothing but an inspired game by the Ravens in the second half. I didn't want to see another Brady bowl this year. Top it off it's another battle between the Harbaugh brothers. The Super Bowl looks to be a good one featuring some good defense.

Me and a buddy of mine actually predicted this game before the season started. Of course I wasn't so sure because of the Mannings and became even less sure with all the injuries. But here we are folks. Ravens dominated the second half and the 49ners held on against the Falcons in the second half to make it to the Superbowl. I look forward to this game and I really hope I'm off of work that day. Here's hoping!

I picked the Ravens to win the Super Bowl at the start of the season (of course I had them beating Philly but one out of two isn't bad) and I'm sticking with them. New England was seen as the favorite going into the playoffs and Baltimore beat them soundly on the road. The two teams are very similar and it should be a close game. I will give a more detailed analysis/prediction closer to the actual game.

I got to pick the 49ers to win this one. I have to be honest and say my choice has to do with me being a Steeler fan. I really hope Ray Lewis goes out with a Super Bowl loss. This should be a good close and fun game to watch. I'm interested to see if Kaepernick (hope I spelled it right) can finish the amazing playoff run against the Ravens defense.

As the season went on, I changed my picks, and I wouldn't have lined this one up going into the playoffs. I would have said something like Denver Broncos vs the Packers or something. But, believe it or not, when I watched the first week of football, I said that these were the two best teams in their respective conferences. Maybe I should have more faith in my first impressions.

Admittedly, a ton has changed about one of these teams from the beginning to the end of the season, and that's Colin Kaepernick taking over as QB for the 49ers, which worked out pretty well for them yesterday versus the Falcons. Joe Flacco again had a great playoff performance, so it looks like we're due for a great QB battle, along with star RBs on both teams, and strong defenses. It's rare to see such two similar teams in the Superbowl, and it makes it incredibly hard to predict.

It's difficult to say that the Ravens are totally responsible for eliminating the Patriots offense yesterday, as Gronkowski was out with injury again, and Steven Ridley was lost midgame. So I think it's fair to say these two teams match up almost evenly in this coming game. It'll be interesting to see how it turns out; my money is on the 49ers pulling it off, and they're also the team they're rooting for. I can't give any support to the Ravens; I respect Ray Lewis as a player, but I hate the idea of the Ravens franchise ever winning a Superbowl again, so...let's go 49ers.

I picked the Niners to win at the beginning of the season and I'm riding that pick into the ground win or lose. Looking at the situation though I do think they'll be taking out Baltimore at the Superbowl. They've got a great defense and when their offence starts clicking they are really hard to stop. Kaepernick has filled the starting QB role like a seasoned veteran and even though he only has 2 seasons under his belt (1 1/2 of those seasons were spent on the bench) you would never know it watching him play and makes me think San Fran will be contenders for a LONG time.

I honestly didn't see the Raven's coming at all, they were a team that completely surprised me to make it to the Superbowl. Flacco has looked otherworldly these playoffs but I don't know if he can do the same against San Fran. Either way I give Baltimore all the credit in the world and if they happen to pull it off I won't be surprised at all at this point.

Both teams definitely deserve to win it all and I'm hoping it ends up being a good game. All in all though, I gotta take San Fran.

Go Niners!

I'm quite looking forward to this one. 50 percent right on my Super Bowl prediction as I had the Niners going for the NFC and Broncos for the AFC. Both teams are hot right now and playing some damn good football. Niners showed last week that even being down, they weren't out and Kaepernick brought them back. Kid has been damn good during the stretch run. Speaking of damn good, same goes for Joe Flacco and the Ravens as a whole. Right now they are my pick to win this in a tough hard fought game. Plus the whole Ray Lewis retiring thing has been dwelling in my mind, so that is another reason.

Either way I think we are in store for a hard nosed football game that's just gonna be brutal and in the end the more physical team is going to win (I sound like a shitty ESPN analyst). Right now my gut says the Ravens and that's who I'm rooting for to win it.

I think Baltimore will take it. I think the Ravens are using Ray's retirement as motivation. Look at how my Colts played this year after Pagano was diagnosed with leukemia. Powerful motivators for both teams. I think Baltimore has proved itself more than San Fran has in the playoffs as well. They beat a solid Colts team in Baltimore, went into Denver and knocked off the hottest team in the league, and then went into Foxboro and took out the Pats. That is a tough stretch of games. On top of that I think Baltimore has a more complete offense. Flacco has been playing like a man possessed, Ray Rice is a more complete back than Frank Gore, and I would give them the edge when it comes to their receiving corps. Kaepernick may cause trouble with his legs and big arms, but it isn't anything Baltimore's vets can't handle.

I had the Ravens going far in the playoffs after Ray Lewis announced his retirement after the season. However, I didn't expect the Ravens to make it to the Super Bowl. I have been actually a Ravens fan ever since I can remember. I remember when the Ravens beat the Giants back in 2000-2001. Guys like Tony Saragusa (sorry if I spelt his name wrong), Shannon Sharpe, Trent Dilfer, Jamal Lewis etc. The 49ers are loaded on defense. However I think that they don't have a lot of depth behind their starters. Frisco is very physical, especially with their secondary. Their DE/LB are freaks in Justin and Aldon Smith, Navarro Bowman, and of course Patrick Willis. Joe Flacco has seasoned himself into a nice solid quarterback. Colin Kaepernick is solid as well, but let's remember he is still newer to starting. If Baltimore can put some numbers on the scoreboard early, they should be in good shape. RB's Ray Rice is very explosive for being 5'8. His backup is real fast. Bernard Pierce is a real good compliment behind Rice.

That being said here's my prediction:

What I want: Baltimore 34 - San Francisco 31

What I think: San Francisco 27 - Baltimore 24

I think the Tight Ends for both teams will play a factor. To me they could determine the outcome for the Super Bowl.

I got to pick the 49ers to win this one. I have to be honest and say my choice has to do with me being a Steeler fan. I really hope Ray Lewis goes out with a Super Bowl loss. This should be a good close and fun game to watch. I'm interested to see if Kaepernick (hope I spelled it right) can finish the amazing playoff run against the Ravens defense.

You do realize the short-sighted irony of this statement right? If the 49ers win, they tie the Steelers for most Super Bowls ever. Not just that, they would also be undefeated in them as well.

As for the game, I find Super Bowls where I have no stake in them whatsoever to be the most fun to watch. I've got no team in the game, and I've got no money on it. So I can watch with complete ease. If I had to pick, my heart would say Baltimore, because it's hard not to want a complete legend of the game such as Ray Lewis to go out on top. Say what you want about him personally (bring up his overbearing personality and I will question your love of professional wrestling), but as a football player he's one of the greats. My head says San Francisco because they also have a stellar defense, but a more dynamic offense. I will also commend Jim Harbaugh on turning a franchise around so quickly. I mean, he made Alex Smith look good.

I guess I'll pick Baltimore, simply because they're a really hot team right now, and that seems to be the trend these past few years.

You do realize the short-sighted irony of this statement right? If the 49ers win, they tie the Steelers for most Super Bowls ever. Not just that, they would also be undefeated in them as well.

I'm not going to root for my second most hated team in the NFL just because the 49ers will tie the Steelers in super bowl victories and be undefeated in them as well. I would rather see Ray Lewis, a man I have hated for over ten years retire after a loss in the super bowl.

Is it bad that I am only rooting for Baltimore because of the movie Blindside? I devote most of my sports watching energy to college football, so I only start watching NFL at the very end of the regular season. I don't have a specific team I root for except for maybe the Rams.

I think the Ravens are losing and passing the torch to the 49ers as dominating defense, but I shall be rooting for the best defensive player I remember seeing (I was born in 88 and really started watching in the mid 90s) win the Super Bowl.

I just have a feeling it's going to be a blowout.

went 2-0 on Championship Sunday but here's my Super Bowl prediction

#4 BAL vs #2 SF - I honestly don't care who wins but right now I just can't go against this Ravens team. One reason I'm picking BAL to win is because they are more playoff tested & have been close to getting back to the Super Bowl for the past 5 years that I can't see them losing now in what will be Ray Lewis' last game. Also, this could be the last hurrah for BAL with not only Ray Lewis retiring, but with key guys like Ed Reed, Kruger, Cary Williams, & Ellerbe set to hit the FA Market this spring (Flacco will be a FA too but I expect him to get tagged at the very least).

Anyways, I think this game will come down to QB play & special teams. I think both QBs will play well, but I expect Kaepernick to have more turnovers than Flacco while Jacoby Jones will score on either a punt or KO return. In the end, David Akers will miss the game-tying FG with a couple of seconds left in regulation giving the Ravens their 2nd Super Bowl title. BAL wins 27-24 & the MVP will go to the other Ray in Ray Rice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back