Best two: San Francisco 49ers

RBH

Think before you post.
Since you all know that I am a 49ers fan, I decided to make a Niners thread. Maybe Norcal will join me. Anyways, the Niners have been crap for a while but the best two games I am going to pick are among the games in which they had Young, Montana or Garcia.

The best recent game among the 49ers was their 39-38 win over the New York Giants in 2002. They were trailing 38-14 in the third quarter and despite being down by that much, Jeff Garcia managed a comeback and led the Niners to a 39-38 victory. It actually would have been a loss possibly if not for a disputed penalty call. But whatever, it was a great win for Niners fans at the time.

The best win from the Steve Young years was when Steve Young completed a mircale pass to Terrell Owens who caught the ball between 2 players stuffing him and somehow someway made the catch to beat the Green Bay Packers in Steve Young's last playoff win ever. The next week, they lost to the Falcons, but that's not important. It was the only game in the 90s in which the Niners actually beat the Packers in the 90s.

If I had to pick a best win from the Montana years that I can sub for the Garcia game, it would be Super Bowl in which the Niners rallied for a 20-16 win over the Cincinnati Bengals thanks to Joe Montana.

Reactions: NSL
I was hoping people would follow suit and start some of these with me. I can't start them for every team, you know :lmao:

I hated that playoff game between the 49ers and Giants, and there's no way the Giants should've lost that. Not only by preventing the comeback, but by the stupid penalty at the end of the game.

My two favorite games with the 49ers are both Super Bowls. First is the famous "John Candy" game, where Montana led them down in an incredible drive to win. He was already a great Quarterback, but this cemented his place among the all-time greats.

The other was the Super Bowl against the San Diego Chargers. Not only because I hate the Chargers, but because of the way the Niners blew them out. I don't recall exactly what the score was, but I know it was ugly. Young used this game to catapult himself in to the Hall Of Fame.

Reactions: RBH
I would have to go with the 2002 game as well. The Giants were killing the 49ers through that whole game and I figured New York would just run the ball to kill time off the clock. The ending was crazy though and that game is probably what did Jim Fassel in as the coach of the Giants. Much credit to the 49ers for not giving up and kept on fighting. It just shows that no lead is safe in the NFL.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back