Summerslam - Intercontinental Title Rey Mysterio vs Dolph Ziggler

Baller

WZCW Veteran

Dolph Ziggler won a fatal 4 way on Smackdown to earn another shot at Rey Mysterio's Intercontinental title gold.

These 2 had a great match at Night of Champions, and Dolph Ziggler continues to impress me, more and more each time I see him. Dolph and Rey have worked well together over the past month and I expect Dolph to get his first taste of gold since being a member of the Spirit Squad as Nicky.

Who do you think will walk out Intercontinental Champion when Summerslam is over?

I hope DZ wins this, he reminds me of a young Mr. Perfect and kinda looks like a young Mr. P.... Plus Rey has vever impressed me

Ziggler should go over here...he has been impressive and as a. Good heel could have great matches and a nice run as IC Champ... Rey needs to continue bringing great wrestling to the SD! Brand and can be in the WHC picture. This is all IMO but he should be puttin over younger stars

i got alot of respect for ray mesterio but i think dolph gets the gold here, i think he is by know means a "mr perfect" but i think him and morrison are the future hey and isnt this the first title change to a new guy in a while? at least this isnt boaring

There match at NOC's was pretty good, but the crowd didn't seem to care about Dolph. But I still think he'll pick up the victory over Mysterio. Creative should let Dolph "destroy" Mysterio after the win, and put him out of action for a while to try and secure Dolph more heat.

So far their feud has been weak, so hopefully on the next few Smackdown's, they really bring up the fued a few levels, and make the fans more invested in it. Mysterio is over enough for the crow to get invested in this feud, which in turn hopefully get's Ziggler over as a hated heel.

If Mysterio does retain I can see another re-match since it seems as though the WWE are really trying to make something out of Dolph.

Rey Mysterio regains after a good match, although the wwe are trying to push Dolph Ziggler, I don't think he's ready for a title at the moment as the crowd need to know him more and he needs to get some more heat

Ziggler should go over at SSLAM. he was supposed to win the title at night of champions but wwe changed it the day of the show. also i can see maria making a heel turn to help ziggler win the title. They would get over well as a strong heel couple

I know what I'd like to see. I'd like to see Rey retain and the contendership move on. Frankly, I don't think Ziggy should have gotten the contendership in the first place. He's an annoying snotty twerp. Persona-personality aside, I also have this thing about superstars with unnamed finishers. If a wrestler can't put a distinctive name to his/her finishing move, then I don't think they should get anywhere near championship gold. But that's just a personal preference.

What I actually think will happen is Ziggy's gonna win it. It's pretty standard that the second try is the charm unless the feud is extreme and long-running...like say the HHH/Orton feud. Whatever the case, I think it's going to be an excellent match. As annoying as Ziggy may be on the mic, he's actually quite a talented athlete. Frankly, they wouldn't take Mysterio's belt away unless it's a match of epic proportions. The audience would expect no less from such an artist. If Ziggy wins, my only hope is that it's a clean win and not due to interference or something stupid like that.

Ziggler wins here and he does it clean. A clean victory over Mysterio is just what Ziggler needs to earn the fans respect but still be hated. I see a nice reign for Ziggler afterward probably involving a feud with Finlay to help Ziggler get over even more. Mysterio will probably replace Hardy in the main event picture.

I really like this feud. I personally think they put on the match of the night at NOC. The wwe has to do more to get dolph hated and known by the fans. I think dolph will win the title at Summerslam. This sets up some possible great feuds down the road...Morrison, finlay....

This is another match that has potential. I've been critical of Rey the last few years, but his feud with Jericho showed me that he stall has some left in the tank and can still put on a good match when he feels like it. Hopefully this will be one of those times.

Dolph is absolutely great, and one of the best up and comers I've seen in a while. All he needs to do is lose the ridiculous name and he could be future world champion material. I'd love to see him get the win here, and I wouldn't be that shocked to see it either. They've been building Dolph up more and more lately, an IC title run would really help him out at this stage in his career. We'll have to see what happens.

I really wouldn't mind picking Ziggler getting the win here. N.O.C would have been to soon. This seems like a perfect opportunity to put some actual investment in Ziggler as a future star. I just really hope he learns some new moves though, he has to rely on Rey to carry the match a little too much. Ziggler wins, and Rey moves on to the WHC scene where he belongs.

Ziggs should get the win here. He should have won it at the last PPV but they kept the belt on Rey. This time round, Rey will drop the belt. He has to.

Ziggs needs this title win and a good feud for it as champion. I think this is going to be a pretty decent match too. They can both put on a great mid card match so I'm actually looking forward to this one quite a bit.

This should be an interesting match, I'm a big fan of Ziggler, and Mysterio knows what he's doing. Ziggler has looked stronger and stronger in recent weeks - is that because WWE have a good Intercontinental reign in mind for him? I can see him winning, or losing but being made to look great by Mysterio only to go on and win at the next PPV. Either way, I think this will be a good match and should only mean good things for Zigglers future career.

Oh yeeesssssss. Doesnt make a ton of sense to have Mastrio hold on to it here, so im really thinking my boy Ziggles comes through. He put on a fantastic preformance at NOC, and I expect the same here, especially after winning the fatal four way to get here. One of my most highly anticipated matches of the evening

I'm still not sold on Ziggler. Still waiting for his character to do something more than say his name and rub his fingers through his hair. Haven't made a connection with his character yet, and he isn't ready to be top mid card guy in my eyes....YET.

He's a cookie cutter wrestling heel. I see no difference between him and Kofi Kingston as far a generic wrestlers go. No character depth, no real connection with the crowd. He's not quite ready. Give him a couple of more feuds before you put the IC strap on him. Wait until Survivor Series.

I think Ziggler will win in some cheap way like removing the turnbuckle pad, roll up, or low blow followed by finisher, then brag about how he beat Rey, which will lead to him challenging Dolph in a match where he says their can be no upsets a submission match. Where Ziggler retains and proves himslef as champion.

I think this match could honestly go either way. One one hand I like Rey bringing prestige to this title and being a champion, but Ziggler has made a hell of an impression as of late and I wouldn't mind a short reign for him. As long as this isn't the end of this feud yet, I'm happy. Sorry but I can't really make a pick here. Too hard to say who will win!

I hope Dolph wins here. I wasn't too disappointed when he lost at NoC, because this is the bigger show, and Ziggler will get a much bigger rub if he wins it at one of the big 4. Hopefully the feud continues regardless of the result, however, because these two work very well together.

Dolph winning here would be a huge win for his career. The thing is, Rey has held the title and made it mean something, which no one has been able to do in years. I would not be shocked to see Rey win here, but wouldn't be shocked of Dolph did, either. It could go either way, but I'd like to see a change of pace and have Ziggler hold the belt.

Why...Why must Vince make Rey open the show, and why must he always have the champion out first? How important are we supposed to think the belt is, when the challenger, Dolph frikkin' Ziggler gets to come out second for his first ever "Big 4" singles match?

Either way, this was a great match. These two definitely work well with each other, and it left me wanting more. I could see this feud going on for a few more weeks, maybe even leading a showdown at Breaking Point. I don't know what Dolph could do to make Rey quit, but if he can, it'd be a nice spot to switch the title.

Grade: A- This match's rating was helped a lot by the "Let's go Ziggler" chant midway through...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back