• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Dolph Ziggler Vs. Rey Mysterio, IC Championship fued... should it happen?

wrestlingking

now all we need is some rape bait!
Hello all and welcome to my thread. Please tell me what you all think of this possible fued. Keep in mind it can happen as both men are on smackdown and with WWE these days, anything can happen. And just because Rey is a "main eventer" doesnt mean he cant fued for a mid card belt, so please dont bring that up because thats a dumb argument.

So I came up with the idea of this thread by reading a few other threads. Rey is loved as a face and when hes some type of champion, he gets even bigger crowd reaction. Why make him heel, leave him as a face. The Intercontinental Championship has lost its prestige and some guy whos a fake Mr. Perfect is champion. Not tryin to downtalk Dolph, hes got some skills but hes still young and has more learning to do. The man is IC Champion, hes not a popular guy, hes still early in his career. The last credible names in the past 5 years to hold the title have been Rey, Jericho, JBL and Flair. Some may say, what about Hardy or Punk or RVD, they dont draw like those others have/can.

Yes, Rey Mysterio is in a fued with Del Rios but they can change that if they wanted. Dolphs fued with Koif(is it?) right now can be ended. So then lets have a Rey Mysterio Vs. Dolph Ziggler fued for the Intercontinental Championship. Rey being champ again would add a bit of prestige back to the title. Dolph & Rey would put on some good matches, they're both smaller guys so the matches should be fast paced with lots of good moves. Put them in a fued for a few months and see how it goes. Have Rey win the title in their 3rd ppv meeting, first 2 Dolph wins would be dirty. Say the 3rd ppv match where Mysterio wins its in a cage. Let Ziggler face Rey 2 more times for the title but he loses both matches.

Rey Mysterio then holds the Intercontinental Championship for a while, give him like an 8 month reign at least. The longer he holds it, the more prestige the title regains. As Rey is, he'd defend it at every PPV since he's a fighting champion. I for one am tired of these short reign undeserving IC Champions. Hopefully then we actually see the Intercontinental Championship defended at Wrestlemania next year. When it's time for him to lose the title, bring Dolph back in the picture and have them renew the fued a little bit with Dolph walking out in the end with the Championship. Not only does this bring some prestige back to the Intercontinental Championship but helps Dolph Ziggle make his name a bit well known from the fued. Then have Dolph fued with another superstar there worth being in the IC title picture. Rey would find himself moving back into the world title scene shortly after.

So, what are the thoughts?

How was your nap?

These two feuded over a year ago, dude. And while the matches were good, Ziggler was always made to look like Mysterio's bitch. I for one do not want to see that again. Ziggler's a great wrestler and it'd be a shame to see him getting destroyed again by Rey.

As for your idea...about 95% of that also happened in the feud. Rey brought prestige to the title, held it for a long time, and defended at every PPV.

So in other words, NO.

I don't know if you're new but this happened awhile back, I believe it was Dolph's first IC fued. The two have good chemistry in the ring but it won't happen cause Rey is too much of a main eventer to go back to mid-carding in his final days.

Dolph is the champion now though. Before Rey was champion and it would make the fued a bit more interesting. I dont think the last one went over well enough. They could do better.

Dolph is the champion now though. Before Rey was champion and it would make the fued a bit more interesting. I dont think the last one went over well enough. They could do better.

But either way you'd know Rey Mysterio would be pulling backstage politics like he did back then.

Rey Mysterio and Dolph Ziggler shouldn't be feuding over the Intercontinental championship. Mostly because Rey has other things to do in the upper mid-card / Main event than to feud with a guy he feuded with a year ago.

Dolph Ziggler needs to feud with some of the people on his level. Prove and build himself against guys like Christian, Kofi Kingston, Matt Hardy and MVP just to name a few. They're the mid-card echelon of the show, and that's where Dolph needs to excel as the top dog. Not try to defeat a guy who's in a position above Dolph, unless they want to elevate Dolph. And I don't see that happening any time soon.

Rey & Ziggler would have great matches, but it's a feud that we saw pretty much last through much of last summer. Ziggler had a pretty decent feud with Kofi Kingston over the title, though I think booking so many standard matches in a short period of time did bog the feud down some. Last night was technically the second time we've seen Ziggler face MVP in an IC title match and I thought they put on a really good match together and I wouldn't mind seeing it go forward as it could be good. In the future, I honestly wouldn't mind seeing Ziggler have a feud with Edge for the title. I don't think Edge is going to be in the World Heavyweight Championship picture for a while and a feud with Edge could really be the one that puts Ziggler over the top. There's also the whole history with Edge and Vickie Guerrero that could be brought into play during the feud that could add a little dynamic to it.

As for Rey Mysterio, I look for his feud with Alberto Del Rio to continue for a while longer and it's shaping up to be a good one in my view. Both of them have won a match cleanly against the other, I think Del Rio has been money on the mic and it has the potential to be a fun feud. When it comes to Mysterio's future, there's been talk backstage of the WWE turning Kaval heel sometime in the future and Rey Mysterio has really been wanting to work a program with him, which would begin early next year.

I like the idea of a Ziggler/Mysterio feud, I wouldn't hate it if it came about, but I think that there are things on the horizon for the near future that seem to be potentially more interesting at this time.

Nope, I don't like the sounds of this feud. They had a great feud last year which exposed Ziggler, but not once did Ziggler go over. I think that Ziggler should keep feuding with MVP and keep the storyline with Vickie going. Possibly let Ziggler drop it to MVP so Ziggler can feud with someone in the upper card, maybe Edge or someone. But don't let it be to Mysterio, recycled feuds aren't very exciting.

No I don't think this should happen. Dolph would be better off going over somebody like Christian (when he returns) Or even edge before he gets thrown into the Main event status. It would be good for the belt and dolph and the fans. The only thing is Edge would then need another way to build himself back up.

I just think that the Rey Dolph wouldn't work out they seem to clash with each other and Nobody would benefit from the fued.

If you want to bury Dolph, then go ahead and do it. He lost like 10 times to Rey Mysterio in the past feud they had. Rey Mysterio makes all Of his opponents look like shit eventually. He buried Punk, buried, Dolph before and he beat Del Rio very easy on Smackdown. I won't say that he is too huge a star to go for the title like I said with HHH and the U.S. Championship, but at this point in his career I don't think it'd be the right thing to do. He should just finish his feud with Del Rio and possibly have one with Edge after that. Dolph can just go back to defending his title every week and maybe start another feud with i don't know maybe MVP.

This happened about a year ago?! This exact feud was a year ago and Rey Mysterio would always end up on top of Dolph Ziggler, Now Dolph finally becomes the champion and you wan't to do this all over again?? How about a no.

No I don't want it to happen cause Rey might not have much time left and shouldn't go back mid-carding. I'd rather see Ziggler feud with MVP again cause I really enjoyed their series of matches.

I don't think this should happen, but I wouldn't be surprised if it did. I think the outcome of the Del Rio/Mysterio feud will have a lot to do with this. If Rey comes out on top, then I do think he will be the next challenger in line. If Del Rio is able to come out on top, then I don't think Rey will challenge Dolph for the title. A lot of this will depend on how far WWE wants to go with Del Rio, but that's another discussion for another time.
I also don't think MVP is going to win the title from Dolph. MVP has been getting a nice little push lately, but I just don't see him becoming IC Champ. The Kofi/Dolph feud kind of peaked out a little while ago, so I don't see WWE having those two go against each other again any time soon.

Rey could be Dolph's next challenger, but if this is to happen, we won't see it for a while. Dolph beating Rey in a feud would help him out a lot. Although, Rey is always going to be way over with the fans, so it wouldn't surprise me if WWE decided to put the belt on him again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back