Summerslam 2013 & Aftermath Discussion (Keep it in here!!!!)

Who's #1?

• Cena VS. Bryan

• Punk VS. Lesnar

• Too Close To Call

Results are only viewable after voting.
Am I the only wanting to see the rock v hbk at wm30??

My wrestlemania 30 would be

Punk v lesnar
Rock v hbk
Undertaker v cena (streak v title) last match on the card.
Triple h v ryback
Ziggler v rvd

With the exception of taker v cena, wm30 should be matches that have never happened before.

After what just happened on raw, Itll probably be Punk vs Lesnar.

Now where does Heyman get involved in this as he wasn't at ringside

as much as i would like to say RVD vs Punk RVD doesnt deserve a match against the likes of Punk. RVD blew his chance at greatness he was good but not great.. Punk literally has carried the company on his back proving night in night out he is the best in the world.. Where has RVD been? He cant even hack it on a TNA roster probably hes too high to care anyway..

Yes,Lesnar is a part time wrestler. But Lesnar at the end of the day equals money and seeing as how he was heymans biggest client to date(Cant say Punk,Punk said he is Heymans friend not his client).. It will be a huge huge main event Lesnar vs Punk at Summerslam.. Can you honestly say you rather see Pot head RVD vs Punk or Punk vs Lesnar??

Punk tonight is a face Lesnar will always be a heel.. The match if it happens will be huge.. Dont forget Lesnar is a former NCAA heavyweight champion so most definitely he can legitimately wrestle.. All RVD can do is little fancy flips n kicks nothing in his arsenal impresses me at all!

from the looks of it they are setting up Lesnar and Punk, BUT is it for summerslam or money in the bank. alot of me hopes this is saved. as for RVD, i do NOT want to see him vs. CM Punk in anything except a money in the bank match. my hope is that Punk challenges Lesnar only for Heyman to not allow it and to say that he entered him in a MITB match qualifier or something. have Punk get into that match, have Lesnar then come and cost him that match which sets up Punk vs. Lesnar at SummerSlam. as for RVD, i think he should be a midcard guy from now on. i would have him feud with Axel after his ladder match (which i think he should be in).

My wrestlemania 30 would be

Punk v lesnar
Rock v hbk
Undertaker v cena (streak v title) last match on the card.
Triple h v ryback
Ziggler v rvd.
as for Wrestlemania 30, i may be in the minority, but i would love to see Cena vs. Punk (both faces) for the WWE title and no i dont want Cena having that title for a year. what i hope for is for Bryan to win the WWE title, either at summerslam or at money in the bank (via a cash-in) and for him to hold the title until Elimination Chamber then have Bryan move on to a good WM feud while Punk wins the Royal Rumble and then challenges Cena. Punk can easily sell his match with Cena and he could even tease (very well) the potential for a Bryan and Punk match which is why i hope that happens, though i doubt it does.

as for Wrestlemania 30, i may be in the minority, but i would love to see Cena vs. Punk (both faces) for the WWE title
Cena vs Punk, face vs face, sounds like an excellent Wrestlemania main event for me.
Those two work absurdly well together. Their matches are incredible, it really seems like their push each other to their limits. Many of their matches - even the RAW match their have prior to WM this year - were of high enough quality to feel right at home in WM.

With RVD coming back, Im having a hard time convincing myself that I really want to see Punk/Lesnar now. There was a part of me that wanted and knew...that program, and everything involved, would be nothing short of awesome.

However, I see a better match in RVD/Punk. Punk is a guy that I could see fitting into the OLD ECW. The matches these 2 could've had are beyond words to describe. a match at SS would be "match of the night"...MAYBE "match of the year" worthy.

I never saw RVD in TNA so I don't know how good he is doing now. Im sure WWE is giving him this month to get clean and get back in shape. Word is it is a limited schedule contract like Lesnar.

Let Punk get through Lesnar. There is no doubt in my mind that it won't be a good feud. Punk and RVD WILL HAVE a match eventually. Just look at the matches (aka quick feud)
he had with Daniel Bryan.

Frankly, there's more money in Punk vs. Lesnar than Punk vs. RVD.

What I'm thinking will happen is that we'll see Punk vs. Lesnar I at MITB in which Lesnar scores a win with the help of Paul Heyman turning on Punk at the event. I'm thinking that Heyman will play the role of a torn guy over the next month in which he's caught in the middle. Heyman will ultimately justify turning on Punk because, as Punk said on Raw last night, he's not Heyman's "client". He's a "Paul Heyman Guy" but he's not a "client". As a result, Heyman made a choice to support his "client" Brock Lesnar rather than his friend CM Punk.

After MITB, I expect another match between them at the next ppv in which Punk scores a win and they're tied up. I think SummerSlam will be the rubber match in their feud, but who wins is sort of up in the air. Lesnar could win the rubber match, as he won the rubber match during his feud with Triple H. However, unlike Triple H, Punk is someone who WWE is using as a frequent & consistent top tier player whereas Triple H is more of a specialty attraction now kind of like The Undertaker is for WrestleMania.

If Punk vs. RVD happens, I think it'll be later in the year or beginning early next year, especially if RVD winds up being a "Paul Heyman Guy".

Frankly, there's more money in Punk vs. Lesnar than Punk vs. RVD.

What I'm thinking will happen is that we'll see Punk vs. Lesnar I at MITB in which Lesnar scores a win with the help of Paul Heyman turning on Punk at the event. I'm thinking that Heyman will play the role of a torn guy over the next month in which he's caught in the middle. Heyman will ultimately justify turning on Punk because, as Punk said on Raw last night, he's not Heyman's "client". He's a "Paul Heyman Guy" but he's not a "client". As a result, Heyman made a choice to support his "client" Brock Lesnar rather than his friend CM Punk.

After MITB, I expect another match between them at the next ppv in which Punk scores a win and they're tied up. I think SummerSlam will be the rubber match in their feud, but who wins is sort of up in the air. Lesnar could win the rubber match, as he won the rubber match during his feud with Triple H. However, unlike Triple H, Punk is someone who WWE is using as a frequent & consistent top tier player whereas Triple H is more of a specialty attraction now kind of like The Undertaker is for WrestleMania.

I like that scenario...there is just 1 problem. MITB is the only PPV between Payback and Summer Slam.

Punk will come out next week and try and figure out what happened. Heyman will play innocent, like he didn't know. Now we won't get anything the following week.

Punk/ADR at MITB, Heyman causes a distraction and Lesnar comes out and gives Punk an F5 to cost him the match.

I think there is an extended feud between Punk and Heyman in the offing, with Punk vs Lesnar being the big match up/series of matches.

However, the booking would need to be clever with Punk having great trouble doing any damage to Lesnar any time they actually square off. With that I would be keen for them to be kept apart as much as possible. MitB could easily be Punk vs RVD with the latter another "Heyman guy" rather than Punk/Lesnar I. If not RVD, who isn't exactly the easiest to get over as a heel even with Heyman in his corner, then Punk vs Axel is also a decent possibility. There are plenty of other potential combinations of matches as well - Punk/HHH vs Lesnar/Axel/RVD.

But again, if Punk vs Lesnar is to be the centrepiece, then they must be kept apart as much as possible and when they do square off, Punk needs to be on by far the worse end of things, with only the bare minimum of light at the end of the tunnel.

Cena vs Punk, face vs face, sounds like an excellent Wrestlemania main event for me.
Those two work absurdly well together. Their matches are incredible, it really seems like their push each other to their limits. Many of their matches - even the RAW match their have prior to WM this year - were of high enough quality to feel right at home in WM.
yep which is why I want that to be the WM main event. so far that match has been great at MITB, SummerSlam and on RAW, I think if they keep them apart for a year and have them go at WM, it will be great and I hope it happens like I said. have Bryan win the WWE title soon, then have him carry it until Elimination Chamber, lose to Cena, and before EC have Punk in Jan win the rumble.
Punk will come out next week and try and figure out what happened. Heyman will play innocent, like he didn't know. Now we won't get anything the following week.

Punk/ADR at MITB, Heyman causes a distraction and Lesnar comes out and gives Punk an F5 to cost him the match.
agree with a lot except Punk vs. Del Rio. I don't see that happening. I think Del Rio should face Ziggler and hopefully in time let Ziggler re-gain the title, but as for Punk is have him call out Heyman, have Heyman play dumb, then have Punk challenge Lesnar for MITB only to have Heyman say he entered Punk in a MITB match or something, then have Brock screw Punk in that ladder match then set up the summerslam match with Heyman finally choosing to represent Lesnar.

My big matches at Summerslam would be:

Lesnar vs. Punk

Vince vs. Triple H - Street Fight and maybe with Steph as guest referee

WWE Title - Cena vs. Bryan

World Title - Del Rio vs. Ziggler - With some sort of gimmick

Taker and Kane vs. at least 2 if not all 3 members of The Shield - Previously I would of had this been the Shield's first defeat as a team of 3 on this night but that has already happened now

I see Lesner screwing Punk some how at MITB. I think they will play this out a bit longer, and it could even be possible to see Punk vs RVD at MITB with Lesner causing Punk to lose. Punk/Lesner is in my eyes one of the money matches for Summerslam. Heyman will be torn the whole way through finally siding with Lesner in the end. As to who the winner will be I am not sure. It seems like a feud Punk needs to win, but with the way they have booked Lesner I believe it could go either way.

It looks like it will be Punk V Lesnar at Mania. Remember, both guys are very big names in the WWE and SummerSlam is the second/third biggest PPV of the year. It is also, arguably, the PPV that requires the strongest card as RR and WM sell themselves meaning RVD/Punk is not a viable option.

Both matches would be great but they have already foreshadowed Lesnar/Punk. They have also made Punk face and there is no way in my mind that RVD returns as a face.

I see Lesnar vs Punk headlining SummerSlam and maybe NOC, but I don't think they'll meet again until Survivor Series where it'll probably be Team Punk vs Team Heyman. The way that I see it going is Punk being in the MITB ladder match and as it looks like he's about to win outcomes Heyman saying something then Brock coming out the crowd and attacking Punk. I'm not sure RVD vs Punk will happen straight away (which is why Brock vs Punk is before) because it'll be a struggle to get RVD over as a heel for a while in my opinion. But to keep Punk vs Heyman going until Survivor Series we might see Punk vs RVD at Over the Limit and/or Hell in a Cell. I think matches and feuds between Punk and RVD/Lesnar would be very entertaining even without Heyman but the fact that Heyman is in the mix will make it epic!

i would prefer to see Cm Punk vs RVD at Summerslam, but after what happened at the end of Raw and the reports that are going around it looks like it will be Cm Punk vs Brock Lesnar at the big Summer Event.

I don`t mind seeing Brock vs Punk but I just think Cm Punk and RVD could put together a much better and more exciting match than Lesnar and Punk.

UPDATED CARD:

CM Punk vs. Brock Lesnar w/Paul Heyman - Pretty much the only match that is a shoe-in so far & easily the most important to me. This is the one constant in my mind, this match NEEDS to take place at Summerslam 2013!
WWE Championship Match: John Cena(c) vs. Daniel Bryan - The rightful guy to defeat John Cena for the WWE Championship is Daniel Bryan & he deserves to win it at the 2nd biggest stage of the year.
Triple Threat Match for the Worlds Heavyweight Champinship: Dolph Ziggler(c) vs. Albero Del Rio vs. Rob Van Dam - I see WWE dragging out Del Rio/Ziggler for everything it's worth & i don't see why WWE would have RVD return unless they wanted to put him in some bigger matches & make some money off of him working with guys he never has before, could be a great title match.
Career vs. Title Match for the United States Championship: Dean Ambrose(c) vs. Rey Mysterio - I don't see Ambrose being part of a match with Taker at SS (even though I'd personally love it) & the only other big faces he could feud with right now that he hasn't already faced are the likes of Triple H or Chris Jericho, which they either looked already wrapped up in a story or questionable to show at SS. So is Rey but I think he will be back in time & an amazing match in LA w/Ambrose for the US title could be a great send off match for him.
WWE Tag Team Championship Match: The Shield (Seth Rollins & Roman Reigns)(c) vs. The Brothers Of Destruction (The Undertaker & Kane) - If the rumors are true, it looks like Taker will work SS & I can't see him facing anyone but The Shield.
No Holds Barred: Triple H vs. Intercontinental Champion: Curtis Axel w/Paul Heyman - This match & feud aren't over in my eyes & it is WAY too early to have Vince vs. HH already. Have HHH appear to raise buys that much more & take on Curtis Axel in a match that is worthy of the two.
Ryback vs. Chirs Jericho - Ryback needs a good feud with a Legend that can teach him some things & Y2J (if he is at SS) will need a decent opponent, i say this should open the PPV.
YouTube Pre-Show/Kick-Off: Lumberjack Match: The Big Show vs. Mark Henry - Mark Henry deserves a spot at SS but I have no idea what he could really do that would make sense & be entertaining. Have him put on a interested Pre-Show match & showcase the likes of him & Big Show working with all the younger & unused talent, that way more guys get face time as well.

If I had to guess as to what the final SummerSlam card will look like, based on what at least looks to be in place, what's about to be set into place or something I think just MIGHT be happening, I'd guess it's this:

WWE Championship: John Cena vs. Daniel Bryan

World Heavyweight Championship: Alberto Del Rio vs. Dolph Ziggler

WWE United States Championship: Dean Ambrose vs. Christian

WWE Intercontinental Championship: Curtis Axel vs. Rob Van Dam

WWE Tag Team Championship: Seth Rollins & Roman Reigns vs. Kane & The Undertaker

CM Punk vs. Brock Lesnar

Sheamus vs. Randy Orton

Punk - Lesnar is the one that will happen. Its set in stone pretty much although I would love nothing more than to see a Punk - RVD match at some point but right now the way things look at the moment, that won't happen unless its a one off match on Raw.

MITB sells itself and doesn't need a big match like Punk - Lesnar so it will be at Summerslam and not MITB. All the MITB matches (With a rumoured IC Title match to come) have been announced.

According to an article on wrestlinginc.com, there's some that are pushing for a triple threat WWE Championship match at SummeSlam with Cena taking on Mark Henry & Ryback.

If WWE wants to extend Cena's feud with Henry past MITB, I'm fine with it but I'm not excited about Ryback being back in the hunt at this time. If they do feature this match and ultimately move Bryan's title feud further own the road, then I think they need to put the title on Ryback or just completely get him out of the main event scene for a while. Ryback winning the title and having a strong heel run with it could be interesting in the long run with, probably, Daniel Bryan waiting in the wings with his MITB briefcase. They could run the story of Ryback still seeing Bryan as a "weak link" given that he & Ryback had two really great & physical matches. Ryback beat Bryan in one of them and lost the other via DQ but still ultimately left Bryan decimated.

If WWE doesn't go with Cena vs. Bryan at SummerSlam and opts for the triple threat match instead then, in my opinion, then yeah, Ryback needs to win the title. Eventually, after a strong heel run, I think the most interesting scenario would be Daniel Bryan challenging Ryback for the title at WrestleMania XXX. Otherwise, again this is just my opinion, I'd have Bryan cash in if he wins MITB at SummerSlam, win the title and go onto hold the title until at least WrestleMania. There's talk already of CM Punk winning the 2014 Rumble so Bryan vs. Punk at WM XXX, especially in some sort of specialty match, could be epic. I'd especially like to see them have an iron man match at WM to sort of prove which is "the best in the world".

If I had to guess as to what the final SummerSlam card will look like, based on what at least looks to be in place, what's about to be set into place or something I think just MIGHT be happening, I'd guess it's this:

WWE Championship: John Cena vs. Daniel Bryan

World Heavyweight Championship: Alberto Del Rio vs. Dolph Ziggler

WWE United States Championship: Dean Ambrose vs. Christian

WWE Intercontinental Championship: Curtis Axel vs. Rob Van Dam

WWE Tag Team Championship: Seth Rollins & Roman Reigns vs. Kane & The Undertaker

CM Punk vs. Brock Lesnar

Sheamus vs. Randy Orton

This is pretty much the card I was going to post except I wasn't sure if it might be Ryback vs Orton instead. I think Taker/Kane vs Rollins/Reigns will have a stip, either Buried Alive or a double Casket match, I also see Ziggler vs Del Rio having a stip, maybe an "I Quit" match.

I really hope they don't go with the triple threat match and just stick with Bryan vs Cena, it would be the perfect match for Summerslam. The only reason I could see for them going with the triple threat is that they feel Brock vs Punk can sell Summerslam and they are going to save Cena vs Bryan for Night of Champions.

If they do this then I wonder what they do with Bryan at Summerslam, I suppose Orton could turn heel on him but after 3 matches in the last week I don't see them wrestling again at Summerslam.

F4WOnline.com is reporting that WWE is putting plans in place, at least for the time being, pertaining to Dolph Ziggler, The Shield & The Wyatt Family.

As of right now, it's looking as though Ziggler won't be going after the WHC at SummerSlam as he's penciled in to face Big E. Langston. I don't know if this means WWE is killing Ziggler's push or if it means that they're going to work on building him up as a strong babyface presence before putting him back into the WHC picture. If this goes down, then it does leave the WHC scene wide open as it pertains to the WHC MITB briefcase winner.

In regards to The Wyatt Family, the current plan is for them to have a six man tag team match at SummerSlam against Kane and a couple of yet to be named partners. With WWE hinting that Kane MIGHT be taken out of the MITB match as part of the injury angle that was done on Raw, there's talk that Bray Wyatt might be put into the match in his place. There's been no announcement about that, however, and, allegedly, there was no announcement made about it at the SD! tapings.

As for The Shield, the initial idea was to have Rollins & Reigns take on Kane & The Undertaker. However, it's still being reported that Taker was injured, though what sort of injury hasn't been revealed, during the angle worked with The Shield in which he was put through the announce table. As of right now, WWE officials are considering putting them up against either Sheamus & Randy Orton or Antonio Cesaro & Jack Swagger. For Dean Ambrose, it's pretty much a done deal at this point that he'll be defending the US title against Christian.

The Wyatts in a six man match could be fun. As to who Kane's partners are, that could be interesting. Unless plans suddenly change, Daniel Bryan will be taking on John Cena for the WWE Championship; so there'll be no brief Team Hell No reunion. I'm guessing that The Family will probably, at least briefly, adopt The Shield's M.O. of attacking some wrestlers in the coming weeks that'll lead up to them teaming with Kane in the hopes of getting some payback.

As for The Shield, I think Orton & Sheamus would probably be the stronger opponents for them at this time. They've teamed up pretty frequently over the course of the year, they're two really over babyfaces, they're both multiple time World Champions, they both have long standing history with The Shield and they're much bigger stars than Cesaro & Swagger. I think Cesaro & Swagger need to be built up as a team for a bit and SummerSlam strikes me as too soon to see them as genuine contenders.

I'm still thinking Cena vs Bryan and Punk vs Brock will be the double main event, but with news that Taker is injured again and that Ambrose vs Christian has been canceled along with the plans for Big E vs Dolph, the rest of the card looks more up in the air.

I personally like the idea of Ziggler vs Big E and holding off on Ziggler's WHC win a bit long, but then who does Del Rio face? I think the best option may well be RVD. He's a pretty big name and could give Del Rio the type of clean win he needs even if it's across two PPV matches.

For the tag titles I like the idea of Rollins & Reigns vs Orton and Sheamus. I know some think The Shield working The Usos and Tonnes of Funk devalues them but the idea for me is they are trying to use The Shield to lift the other teams. However for Summerslam a genuine big match for the tag titles would be a good idea. I could even see it becoming a 4 way match with Cesaro & Swagger and Rhodes Scholars added.

With Y2J beating Axel twice this week along with the mentions during the matches of his record amount of reigns, I could see that being the IC title match for Summerslam. I know Jericho has a Fozzy commitment but maybe something has been worked out.

I think Kaitlyn may well win the Divas title back at MITB and set up a blow-off match with AJ at Summerslam, preferably some sort of gimmick match.

I'm really not sure what they will do with Ambrose if he doesn't defend against Christian as I can't see Miz being plugged in again as the mid card title jobber of choice.

I know the early theory is Kane will have two partners to face The Wyatt's in a six man tag but I wouldn't be surprised if it was a singles match between him and Bray.

WWE Title Match
John Cena vs Daniel Bryan

CM Punk vs Brock Lesnar

World Heavyweight Championship Match
Alberto Del Rio vs Rob Van Damme

Dolph Ziggler vs Big E Langston

WWE Tag Title 4 Way Match
Rollins & Reigns vs Celtic Vipers vs Cesaro & Swagger vs Rhodes Scholars

Divas Title Falls Count Anywhere Match
Kaitlyn vs AJ Lee

IC Title Match
Curtis Axel vs Y2J

Kane vs Bray Wyatt

After last nights events and the backstage reports which route youd like/ think will happen with ziggler and his Summerslam status....

Challenge Del Rio once again for the belt or should he feud with Big ae and Aj?

Both have pros and cons but ultimately i think he should remain in the title hunt ....

You?

Ziggler appears to be out of the title hunt for now. Del Rio got a relatively clean win over Ziggler. With RVD being advertised for a few Smackdowns I see him possibly challenging Del Rio for the title at Summerslam even though I think part timers should stay out of the world title picture. My Summerslam card would be:

WWE Title: John Cena Vs Daniel Bryan.

WHC: Alberto Del Rio Vs RVD

CM Punk Vs Brock Lesnar (w/ Paul Heyman and maybe Curtis Axel)

Dolph Ziggler Vs Big E Langston (w/ AJ)

MitB Briefcase: Damian Sandow Vs Cody Rhodes

Then there will be something involving The Shield and Mark Henry. Maybe The Wyatt Family will get involved with them as well.

Then there are others like Orton, Sheamus and Ryback as well. I don't see The Miz getting on this card unfortunately. Random I know but he's my favorite so I'm a little disappointed in that. Aha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back