Suing WWE for Wrestlemania 28 Experience

The Rizz

Anthony "The Rizz" Rizzano
So if this is not allowed, remove the thread.

Ok so, long story short, spent $1300+ dollars, got a seat behind a palm tree, had to watch most of event on screen (could have stayed home and done that) so I want my money back. I already have several other people who want to join me in the lawsuit (found em via Miami CL, couple on the WM28 facebook group) and wondered if anyone who is a member here on WZ had a similar seat and wanted to join me. I have already contacted a lawyer.

It sounds pretty similar to what happened to a lot of NFL fans at Superbowl 45. That does sound like shit, did they make any attempt of making you more comfortable? With the NFL thing, I believe they gave the fans who owned that seat free tickets to the next Super Bowl. Did they offer anyone who had those seats anything?

I have a couple of questions:

1) Did you buy your ticket from the box office or from a "scalper?"

2) Did you read the fine print on your ticket?

A ticket to an event constitutes just that. A ticket to enter the building during the event and sit or stand in a specific area or seat. WWE does not guarantee you a specfic view or that your view will not be obstructed from that particular seat.

If I got a plant from my conservatory and put it in front of my couch, does that count?

Wow dude, that sucks. But you kind of know what WWE are going to say, don't you? "At least you got to see the event live". I'd pay alot to go see WrestleMania. One day I will. But if I was sat behind part of the set and couldn't see anything, I'd be pissed off too.

nearly had same problem,got to stadium bout 4:30,got to seats and are view was obstructed with one of those damn palm trees,as a few more people sat in seats beside us,they realised what a shit view we had,after a few minutes of all us cursing our luck, some guy(presume events manager,or somebody with bit of authority)call us over and after we showed we had valid tickets,he said to follow him,we got seat right beside the ramp....

only for this slice of luck,would proberly be joining you in compostaion...lets us know how you get on or if you get any reply as planning to go next year and presume there is good chance of some obstruction,so would be interested to see what they say

You have every right to sue. If i pay for a ton to see a WWE event up close and i get an obstructed view..without knowing in advance that is what i'm paying for then they deserve to compensate me.

I remember hearing on one of the radio shows that if you got bad viewing seats to hold on to your ticket, contact WWE and they will give out some free tickets to future events or something to that effect. Apparently someone already cashed in on it.

This happened to me at a Pittsburgh Pens playoff game. I got sat behind a column, and had to move around the whole game to see it. There is fine print on the ticket however that says view may be obstructed, and I had also bought the ticket from a scalper. Nothing was done for me, but I didn't spend nearly as much money for you. I think that if you were that miserable they should definitely try to keep you happy in some way. I would not however involve a lawyer right away. Try to get a hold of someone on your own first, and if they don't want to help you then get the lawyer involved.

I must say if anybody is against this report they probably never been to a live show before. I've been to a house show and I sat pretty near a group of people who complained about not being able to watch the wrestlers fight in the ring, but the screen instead. Paying $1300 is unjust, and you have every right to sue something as bullshit as that.

Double check what your ticket says exactly. I've been to many shows where the ticket says "Obstructed view" when I try to purchase it off Ticketmaster, and after attending one show that said "Obstructed view" I learned not to buy those tickets again. If your ticket says "Obstructed view" or anything like that, then you can't sue.

Also, did you sit on the floor? This year was my 8th WrestleMania that I attended, and two times I ended up sitting on the floor (both times around 25th row). Both times I ended up watching the majority of that WrestleMania (23 and 27) on the big screen since my view was blocked by everyone in front of me. I was able to speak with WWE both times, but I didn't get any type of resolution. I learned this year to sit more elevated, and I had a much better view this time around.

Hope everything works out for you, but if it says anything like "Obstructed view" on your ticket, you are out of luck.

I was there. One of the biggest chants that night was "Palm Trees Suck!" Don't know if the audience watching at home heard it..

Anyway, I think this is a problem everyone had. They had these huge massive palm trees obstructing the view some way, some how, whether you were watching from a corner or not. If a match took place near a corner, any corner, you wouldn't be able to see depending on where you sat. I think that even if you sat right in the middle, your view would be obstructed somehow. It really sucked.

I would bet you have a solid case, especially since said palm trees are not a part of the actual building. (unless I missed something, and the Professor built the stadium)

Go forward, and good luck. The more people you get for your claim the better your chances. Don't forget to include court costs. :)

Were you not advised about this?

I was advised of possible visual disturbance to a Metallica gig (bolder in the way of the stage) I hangled the wife down on the price for the tickets for a steal got the venue and we were no where near the bolder so was a win/win for us, but i thought it was cool they'd advised us on the bolder.

I would consider contacting my lawyer - he's a great man with an incredible court record (not to mention a flawless sense of style). His name is David Otunga, and you can find him on Twitter.

Seriously though, this isn't going very far. If a lawyer takes the case, which they likely will not considering how ridiculously large the defendant is, you'll still lose and end up spending MORE money by the end of it.

Reactions: IHW
I had the same problem and am interested in getting more information about the suit. I only paid $130 for my ticket but I could only see two thirds of the ring. Whenever someone would be whipped across they would disappear and then appear again on the other side of the damn palm tree. My ticket says nothing about an "Obstructed View" and the back of the ticket doesn't say anything either.

Ya, I doubt you will win. I'm only in my 2nd year of lawschool, but most of those tickets have contracts of adhesion on the back. If you are allowed to sue, the contract on the back prob states that your case will be in fron of a arbitration board. The board will be made up of people who work for the WWE. Thats how companies like this work. You will not win unless the WWE chooses to settle so that they don't have bad press. Legally how ever, you prob have a low chance of winning.

I waited to buy my seats until the day before the show. Because of that, the seats I ended up getting were directly behind one of those palm trees. The only difference between you and me is, I knew what to expect. It had been well known that WWE was going to use this kind of set as a precautionary measure in case of rain and other types of weather. You need to know what you're getting yourself in to when you're buying these seats.

When I got to the area, I quickly talked to security, and me, along with quite a few others in my same section got upgraded seats, which were basically seats here and there that hadn't been sold to the general public. Hell, one of my friends ended up moving all the way to fifth row ringside.

Am I saying you shouldn't sue them? No, do what you wish, but all I'm saying is, you wouldn't need to had you known what was clearly public knowledge about what seats gave you what kind of view.

Not yet. I have contacted WWE twice now, and no one has gotten back to me.

Interesting, because one of my friends was in the exact same situation, and he received an e-mail from WWE two days ago offering him free tickets to any three future WWE events in the state of Florida. You might be getting one of those e-mails as well, but if you don't hear from them soon, then go with the lawyer I guess.

bro you really have two options.

1. quite while you are ahead before suffer defeat and waste all your resources to get your 1300 dollars back. This is the wwe, not some indy company.

2. assemble a class action lawsuit against the E. thats your best chance to create awareness and draw wwe attention

I have a couple of questions:

1) Did you buy your ticket from the box office or from a "scalper?"

2) Did you read the fine print on your ticket?

A ticket to an event constitutes just that. A ticket to enter the building during the event and sit or stand in a specific area or seat. WWE does not guarantee you a specfic view or that your view will not be obstructed from that particular seat.

1) I bought the ticket from Ticketmaster.
2) The fine print on the ticket said nothing of views or lack thereof, nor any guarantees or non-guarantees. I have checked over and over.

If I got a plant from my conservatory and put it in front of my couch, does that count?

Wow dude, that sucks. But you kind of know what WWE are going to say, don't you? "At least you got to see the event live". I'd pay alot to go see WrestleMania. One day I will. But if I was sat behind part of the set and couldn't see anything, I'd be pissed off too.

Except I only got to see about 1/3rd of it live. The rest of it, the other 2/3rds, I had to watch on the screens, which I could have done from my couch while watching it on PPV. The experience was not worth the cost, and had there been an advanced warning that I would only be able to see about half of the ring and about 2/3rds of the stage/ramp, I would have chosen not to make the purchase.

I had two tickets that would have been obstructed views also if I had gone. Due to unforeseen circumstances I couldnt attend. And after seeing those palm trees I was happy I hadnt. I would have been pissed too. Looked like quite a few people thought they were gonna have good seats only to be bent over like you. Sorry. That sucks.

Did you say anything to anyone there? Didn't read the whole thread so apologies if this has been said already but I read a report elsewhere with someone that had had the same problem and when they complained at the event they got moved elsewhere. If you didn't say anyone to someone at the time I imagine it would hurt your case... Although that's a guess rather than based on fact/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back