Storyline turned clusterf*ck

ztwhite

The Future Mr. Kelly Kelly
So after last nights Raw, I believe the McMahon family / Legacy storyline has become a complete clusterfuck.

It started out as HHH vs Orton. Then it became the McMahon family (HHH included) against Legacy. Then it became the McMahons / Legacy / Batista (extended McMahon family). Now, it's become the McMahons / Legacy / Batista / MVP.

When it started out, they had a good thing going with the McMahons & Legacy. Argue if you will, but at least it made sense to a certain point.

Why bring all the other guys into the mix ??? Why not extend the McMahon & Legacy angle a few more months (which they're going to do anyway) and let the other guys start feuds with someone else ???

I half expected Mr. Kennedy.......KENNEDY........ to come out last night and save Shane. Hell, there was even a moment when I thought Hornswoggle may jump out from under the ring :(

Thoughts ???

I think its going to get much worse! Given the fact that Dibiase is rumoured to turn face soon, it could become even more of a clusterfuck. If they keep this storyline going we could see Dibiase side with Shane and the McMahons whilst Triple H and Batista feud and could still be thrown into the mix.

Oh god, its just truly awful.

And then Cena will get involved after his next movie just because its Cena. You know that will happen.

Would u guys stop whining...MVP is out of the storyline he's gonna fued wit Regal..Shane ankle is "shattered" and now its just Batista vs. Orton until Triple H comes back and that's when Batista turns heel...the story is shifting from the McMahons vs. Legacy to a personal feud over the WWE title..its very simple..so quit the complaining

I thought it started of shit and they were just continuing along the same vein.

It's better if they add other wrestlers to it because Triple H & the McMahons are the least sympathetic babyfaces of all time. If they're not going to elevate younger talent with this storyline (I don't think Rhodes or Dibiase have benefited from being involved), then you may as well add popular members of the roster so it can go in another direction.

Just reminds me of the old days, all of the top names got involved in the main running fued somehow. Only it was popular then, not now it seems.

I think it's good, have more people come out, finish the show with a 30 man tag or something. Give as many people the benefit of the exposure as possible.

Besides it being a complete clusterfuck, my main problem with this feud is what Orton does now that he's 'eliminated' the McMahons. The obvious move right now, as far concerned, is for Orton to attempt to take control of Raw, maybe even add to legacy. I think the dynamic between Orton and R&D is similar to Undertaker and the Ministry, minions that do his bidding. Add one or two more guys to Legacy, and have them completely dominate Raw for a few months. Something like that would definitely fit Orton's character and if done right would probably work out well. And besides, it can't make the storyline any worse

I'm in total agreement with Jake. The whole storyline never really did it to me, it seemed forced for one thing, and the McMahons are not meant to be faces. HHH, who has been a good face for the company since his turn, got involved too late for him to really fit in, why wasn't he there to protect Stephanie in the very beginning?

Now that Legacy has finished off the McMahons, after they take out Batista at Judgement Day, they'll be out of enemies. I guess MVP has been bothering them, but I don't think he's ready to take on all of them yet, that's a job best left to HHH or Cena. I have some fears that the WWE is going to go crazy here and really mess up the storyline. I had a dark thought that they might bring out Dx to feud with them, or maybe form some sort of TNA Frontline type group to take them on. Hopefully, the WWE will make them implode on themselves, that would be the only way, in my opinion, to elevate Rhodes or DiBiase to the upper-mid card to main event status.

I don't see how this is a Clusterfuck at all. If anything, I'm shocked more hasn't happened yet, and more people haven't turned. And to be honest, I am happy they are taking the time to develop the storyline so in 5 years we discuss it with the same reverence we speak of Evolution with.

Oh, but adding more members to Legacy? Bad idea. The trick to a great stable is to keep it small and keep it elite. Sim Snuka and Manu made Legacy feel cheaper - like all you needed to be was a 2nd or 3rd generation guy to be in it. And I actually liked Manu.

But look at the nWo. After a while, it was ubiquitous, and WCW fans couldn't get away from it. They didn't see plotlines that didn't involve the nWo, and pretty soon anyone on the show seemed to be or have been a member of either the nWo, the Black and White, the Wolfpack, the LWO, etc. It was too hard to follow.

Here, our main players are organized. MVP gets some major face time on the new show before starting the feud with Regal. Is it just me who fails to see what this was a good idea to give MVP the main event rub early on?

And Miko is right. In the old days, it was Hogan and <insert marginally talented hanger-on such as Duggan, Beefcake, Tugboat here> versus the entire heel roster at times. In fact, the only time it was organized was at Survivor Series!

Having MVP involved is kind of like when Bubba Ray had that brief push against HHH after the 2002 draft. I think they are just trying to legitimize Porter by having him in the mix with Orton but he is in no way ready to be anything more than a nuisance at this time. DiBiase will probably step up and try to bring the US title to Legacy. They need some gold and the US title would go great with the tag titles that R&D are starting to go after.

What storyling over the last while hasn't become a clusterfuck, in fairness?

Orton/HHH angle went from great to clusterfuck.
Cena/Edge became a clusterfuck due to the random inclusion of Big Show and Vickie
Santina... Well that whole angle started as a clusterfuck in the clusterfuck diva battle royale.
Kane/Rey- Actually started with some potential... but then creative realised Kane was involved, so that became a member of club clusterfuck.

It's really sad to think what WWE angles have become. I remember WWF's angles in 2000. They were all pretty cool. the Angle/HHH/Steph love triangle. The Austin/Rikishi/The Rock thing. Undertaker's return as the badass. All these were so interesting and they even intertwined and didn't match to get messed up. They even made a 6 amn hell in a cell that didn't mess everything up, dammit!

The Orton/HHH to Batista feud is just another victim. Get Batista out of there, give Orton a feud with a young midcarder to tide him over for a few months, them give him some sort of brutal gimmick match with a returning HHH.

They tried to do too much to fast with this story...

1) they created a new and intriguing character ( Orton with IED not being in control of his actions) and then destroyed his credibility within 2 weeks

2) they created a new interesting stable... then spent about a month feeding them to Triple H

3) Shane cant wrestle ( i know thats nota n example but its just plain true)

Hopefully now with the batisata/oirton stuff boiling down to a one on one maybe we can salvage something from this trainwreck of a storyline which had so much potential

Am i the only one that was thinking the ''Win and your'e in'' on Raw last night was the perfect place to lay the foundations for either a Batista Heel turn or a Dibiase Face Turn?? Especially when they had Shane's leg on the steps, Orton could have handed Ted the Chair to ''Show his Worth'' and Ted could have turned and planted the chair shot on Orton and Rhodes!!! I wanted to open a thread with this question but for some reason i'm not allowed lol...So...Thoughts please :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back