Steroids in Wrestling...

Trill Co$by

Believes in The Shield!
Like seriously, who gives a shit? It's not real fighting, and as long as they can maintain self control what's the big deal? WWE's not like UFC, NFL, or other sports where they legitimately compete for their championships. They're people who are MEANT to be larger than life characters that can put on an entertaining art. Honestly, that's like saying Vin Diesel is getting removed from the Fast & Furious series because he's on steroids.

Because this usage of steroids can worsen their life.

Self Control is easily lost when steroids are taken.

roids= roid rage followed immediately by lawsuits.

The Rock, Triple H, Brock, Cena and I'm sure a ton more are juiced through the gills and haven't had any of this roid rage.

Exactly one dipshit flipped out and killed his family, then himself. That dipshit also had problems with many other substances and severe brain damage.

Actors regularly juice for certain roles and nobody gives a fuck. Why should wrestlers, who are glorified stuntmen, be held to a different standard?

The public as whole doesn't give a fuck. I mean seriously, does anyone really care if these guys are juiced up or not?!? We expect these guys to perform athletically at the highest and are "shocked" when it turns out they use "performance enhancers?" That's like being shocked at women who use their bodies to make money are surgically enhanced. We want these guys to look like superheroes at least I do. So obviously they MUST take something to make them look that way for else we wouldn't care. Some guys can get away with the "natural' look guys like Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels, Daniel Bryan but we also want monsters like Brock, Batista, etc...guys who are larger than life.

Health reasons. Lance Storm mentioned WWE does not test for competition purposes (due to reason of duh) but rather for health. They last longer without all the drugs and shit.

Also maintain self control. Funny. We are not supposed to take steriods, it fucks up the body.

They come with the side effect of causing your heart to blow up like a basketball with prolonged use, which has the tendency to cause said hearts to explode in random hotel rooms.

For those of you who are going to be "well that was just Eddie", here is a link to a long ass list of professional wrestling deaths. What you're paying attention to here is all the names that died of heart attacks in their 30's and 40's, which is not a normal thing by any stretch of the imagination. You can especially watch those types of deaths start to take off post-1980 when steroids really started to enter the mainstream.

http://www.wrestlerbiographies.com/dead-wrestlers-list

So if you'd like to know why the WWE prohibits steroid usage, it's because they are undoubtedly dangerous to your long term health, and many of you idiots are happy to make the argument that something must be OK because a professional wrestler is doing it.

Doubt WWE would care if it didn't make them look like shit. There are so many wrestlers that have died young probably due in part to alcohol, prescription pills, hard drugs, and less notably steroids. But the media has always targeted steroid usage in wrestling and mostly, mostly, ignored a lot of the other shit.

It just makes them look bad to have all their wrestlers juiced to the gills, especially in the modern world. As far as fans go, I don't know if many people actually give a crap.

You could ask the same question about WWE testing for recreational drugs.

I think it's called the wellness policy, because it's supposed to care about the performers. I think in that sense, because it's harmful in the long run, steroids are banned.

One could ask why the lines are drawn at steroids and recreational drugs. I think we'll all agree that heroin is NOT good for the human body and also illegal. But what about certain steroids that are part of certain medicine (and the chemists feel free to help out here)? Is a little bit of pot as bad as alchohol abuse or smoking two packs a day? It's a tough question.

There is no law against soda and cake, but that could also kill performers if they get enough of it.

You could ask the same question about WWE testing for recreational drugs.

I think it's called the wellness policy, because it's supposed to care about the performers. I think in that sense, because it's harmful in the long run, steroids are banned.

One could ask why the lines are drawn at steroids and recreational drugs. I think we'll all agree that heroin is NOT good for the human body and also illegal. But what about certain steroids that are part of certain medicine (and the chemists feel free to help out here)? Is a little bit of pot as bad as alchohol abuse or smoking two packs a day? It's a tough question.

There is no law against soda and cake, but that could also kill performers if they get enough of it.

There's no law against living either, but I guarantee you once you get enough of that, you're going to die from it.

It's called the Wellness policy for the performers' health. Yes, soda and cake aren't necessarily healthy for you, but they don't shorten your life as rapidly as many of the substances that are on the Wellness policy do. Not to mention, many of the bad things in soda and cake are at least lessened by the extreme cardiovascular activity that these performers endure on a regular basis.

As for the basis of this thread, I don't care much what these wrestlers are taking, assuming that it's not going to cause harm to other people. I'm sure they know the risks to themselves involved with certain substances. But I completely understand WWE's side of it. It sounds cold, but from their standpoint, any time an incident happens and drugs are involved, it's a PR nightmare.

In WWE's case steroids are a big no no for alot of reasons, the biggest one being the steroid scandal WWE had in the 90's. They can act like it's for the well being of wrestlers all they want and I'm sure part of that's true but considering steroids almost destroyed the WWE and almost put Vince into jail I can understand why they separate themselves from their performers using steroids.

Yes, soda and cake aren't necessarily healthy for you, but they don't shorten your life as rapidly as many of the substances that are on the Wellness policy do.

This I can buy. So the policy is in place to ban substances that rapidly shorten the lives of performers... that is a good place to draw the line.

Now on the other hand, I'm not really a "legalize pot" kind of guy, but that is also on the naughty list. Do we consider that sonething that rapidly shortens lives?

This I can buy. So the policy is in place to ban substances that rapidly shorten the lives of performers... that is a good place to draw the line.

Now on the other hand, I'm not really a "legalize pot" kind of guy, but that is also on the naughty list. Do we consider that sonething that rapidly shortens lives?

Not as far as I know, but I also said "many of the substances," not all ;)

It's just there because it's currently illegal in most states. Well that, and I can't imagine they want to risk a performer going out there impaired... As we all know, this is a business where one mistake can rapidly shorten, or even end, your life.

I don't think you can actually get suspended for smoking pot, if I'm not mistaken it's usually just a fine and I think that's done because marijuana in most parts of the States is still illegal. I mean yeah you get punished but it's not nearly as severe as it would be if a performer was taking steroids. The truth is a lot of wrestlers have had early deaths due to steroids and a lot of others have been battling numerous health problems because of steroids, this has caused a large number of people to blame this on WWE (which I think is bullshit) so they are forced to do something about it, their options are either drug test or deal with the massive headaches that will follow after a wrestler kicks the bucket.

They come with the side effect of causing your heart to blow up like a basketball with prolonged use, which has the tendency to cause said hearts to explode in random hotel rooms.

For those of you who are going to be "well that was just Eddie", here is a link to a long ass list of professional wrestling deaths. What you're paying attention to here is all the names that died of heart attacks in their 30's and 40's, which is not a normal thing by any stretch of the imagination. You can especially watch those types of deaths start to take off post-1980 when steroids really started to enter the mainstream.

http://www.wrestlerbiographies.com/dead-wrestlers-list

So if you'd like to know why the WWE prohibits steroid usage, it's because they are undoubtedly dangerous to your long term health, and many of you idiots are happy to make the argument that something must be OK because a professional wrestler is doing it.
sendpm.gif

Please. Stop with the non-sense. Show me a case where steroid use caused a heart to "blow up like a balloon" and explode in a random hotel room?!? That's BS

Ok heart attacks in their 30's and 40's. What other drugs (both prescription and recreation) were these guys using? Do you know? Pills, cocaine, heroine, speed? I HIGHLY steroids were the only things these were abusing.

Yes there DANGERS when it comes to long term steroid ABUSE but we come to realize we can mitigate those side effects also. I have no doubt guys like Cena, HHH, Rock see a doctor on a REGULAR basis and do blood work on a REGULAR basis.

Uh we can't mitigate steroid side effects. If doctors found a way to make steroids healthy then everyone on earth would do them.

Steroids are testosterone. Our bodies have a natural balance of that. Too much or too little will cause problems.

The policy is for the wellbeing of the wrestlers AND to ensure their careers last as long as possible. Beneficial for both sides.

Also there's the effect on the youth.

If someone looks up to a wrestler and beleives they just train hard, work out and eat right that's motivation. To find out that person also uses steroids would possibly make that young person think 'What's the point'

Uh we can't mitigate steroid side effects. If doctors found a way to make steroids healthy then everyone on earth would do them

Really like what side effects? Some people get side effects some don't. You take the risk but there ARE ways to lessen the risk of experiencing side effects i.e. blood pressure pills, erection pills, anti-estrogen pills, hair growth pills. If you want to go down that road it's a PERSONAL choice and you HAVE TO DO RESEARCH

Learn to cycle on and off to make sure your testes get to normal, do PCT.

The problem is people are LAZY and think steroids are a "magic muscle pill" and there no side effects.

Now if you don't want to take precautions YES you should NOT do steroids BUT if you CHOOSE that path there are ways to lessen side effects and LIVE and LONG HEALTHY LIFE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back