Steel Cage Forums: A Wrestling Forum That Won't Make You Sick And Kill You

Great point.
Yes.
Usually it depends on the context. If it's a bunch of freshman boys in the locker room joking around, it's usually just ignored. If it happens in the middle of class, with one student verbally accosting another, then it is dealt with. But, in that case, it is dealt with more because of one student verbally attacking another.

Do you think Yaz was verbally attacking wrestlingmaster55?

I will still love the movie Meatballs regardless but if it offends people that much I will take down all Meatballs and Spaz related open internet media content.
I've only seen it once. Thought it was hilarious, but only seen it once.
Do you think Yaz was verbally attacking wrestlingmaster55?
Yes (assuming that was the other poster's name). But not to the extent it violated the rules.

A couple of simple questions here for my two cents worth. 1) Did the interaction which resulted in the guy being called a “******” happen in the Bar Room, or elsewhere in the forums? 2) If the dude from Crave had simply said, we find the use of the word “******” to be offensive, a form of bullying, whatever, so I want you to clarify the rules in this regard, issue an apology to the guy who was offended (not his knight in shining armor), and let’s move on, would you have cooperated with his request?

Because personally, this would have been the easiest and cleanest solution to all of this. For me, the issue here is not the use of the word in question. Personally, I don’t like the use of the word. It doesn’t offend me personally, but I have seen first hand examples of people being quite offended by it for various reasons. So I can see where the poster in question is coming from. Clarification of the rules, and apologizing for offending someone seems like a easy solution. For me, the issue is the manner in which it was handled by Crave. Booting an administrator, who has contributed vastly to the forums for a decade, as well as a solid moderator, just because of one complaint, seems grossly excessive to me. And at the end of the day, the forums will suffer because of it.

. And at the end of the day, the forums will suffer because of it.

They already are.

Plus, the word ****** can be thrown around like whatever. Many people in this thread, for instance, are acting like fucking ******s. The rules are still the ones Sly wrote. Nothing changed other than removing a volunteer who made this place functional for the last decade. Hopefully THT knows how to do the things for the forum that Sly did for the place. Oh? No?.....

So all in all, THT and crave's actions have been a net negative for the forums, which will only worsen, and possibly destroy this community for those who enjoyed it.

So uh, great job and all that. After this place folds he can go on some other forum and tell them about how great he felt after he got his way.

This is my issue in the whole thing, and you would think that because I was the one who started all this that my opinion would matter.

Even if Crave truly believes that calling someone a ****** on a wrestling forum they own is going to damage their business, they have done almost nothing to change that. All they did was remove two people from staff. They didn’t come in and make sweeping changes, they didn’t set up new rules, they don’t maintain a presence on the forums. They simply heard someone who used to work for them was upset, took his side, and offered no courtesy as to even ask the other side what happened.

Check the rules, they are still the rules Sly wrote. They don’t care about this place, they took the easy way out. The path of least resistance.

For the record, I’m also disabled. My anxiety is so severe that I’ve yet to find a job that doesn’t cause regular panic attacks. Multiple attempts, multiple failures. I’m also on the high functioning end of the spectrum. I have a fairly regular routine and that routine included coming here daily and doing my mod duties. I know it wasn’t much, but it gave my life some purpose. Having that removed from me really screwed with my mood for a few days. Ask people, I was torn up over this. I still kind of am.

So yeah, I’m upset that all of this fixing of problems is just window dressing.

Then I am shocked that you would EVER behave the way you did in that post, much less try to defend it. Equally shocked that if that is the case and you hadn't at least told Sly... and that he didn't mention it.

If so it just shows how badly the whole thing was handled from start to finish... if those are your circumstances, I know better than most how it affects people. but we all have to take responsibility... disability doesn't get people a pass... just the right not to be made fun of for their affliction.

I am sure you'll pick up your routine on the new forums and in time things will settle, I wish you luck... but I can't say "there there never mind..." in the same way the people I work with have to take responsibility when they screw up and grow from it, some of them have been arrested or threatened with eviction. All anyone can do is explain the situation and what they need to do / offer support to improve their situation. We can't make their mistakes go away.

You mention finding work... would you ask the same question/make the same statements of a work colleauge or "swear they are f***ing ******ed?" If you did you'd be fired too... and your disability wouldn't matter.

A couple of simple questions here for my two cents worth. 1) Did the interaction which resulted in the guy being called a “******” happen in the Bar Room, or elsewhere in the forums?
Elsewhere.

2) If the dude from Crave had simply said, we find the use of the word “******” to be offensive, a form of bullying, whatever, so I want you to clarify the rules in this regard, issue an apology to the guy who was offended (not his knight in shining armor), and let’s move on, would you have cooperated with his request?
Yes, though the apology would have been on behalf of Crave.

Because personally, this would have been the easiest and cleanest solution to all of this. For me, the issue here is not the use of the word in question. Personally, I don’t like the use of the word. It doesn’t offend me personally, but I have seen first hand examples of people being quite offended by it for various reasons. So I can see where the poster in question is coming from. Clarification of the rules, and apologizing for offending someone seems like a easy solution. For me, the issue is the manner in which it was handled by Crave. Booting an administrator, who has contributed vastly to the forums for a decade, as well as a solid moderator, just because of one complaint, seems grossly excessive to me. And at the end of the day, the forums will suffer because of it.
Well said.
Then I am shocked that you would EVER behave the way you did in that post, much less try to defend it.
Who the hell do you think you are to tell Yaz how to feel or behave due to what he posted?

I don't think you could be any more offensive right now if you actively tried. Yaz mentions a situation which caused him problems based on something of which you played a major role and your response is to criticize how he lives with his issue?
Equally shocked that if that is the case and you hadn't at least told Sly... and that he didn't mention it.
If Yaz had ever told me something like that, there's virtually zero chance I would have told anyone else, as it is no one else's business.

Seriously, how stupid are you?

You mention finding work... would you ask the same question/make the same statements of a work colleauge or "swear they are f***ing ******ed?" If you did you'd be fired too... and your disability wouldn't matter.
This isn't a job, it's a wrestling forum.

Get over yourself.

Then I am shocked that you would EVER behave the way you did in that post, much less try to defend it. Equally shocked that if that is the case and you hadn't at least told Sly... and that he didn't mention it.

If so it just shows how badly the whole thing was handled from start to finish... if those are your circumstances, I know better than most how it affects people. but we all have to take responsibility... disability doesn't get people a pass... just the right not to be made fun of for their affliction.

I am sure you'll pick up your routine on the new forums and in time things will settle, I wish you luck... but I can't say "there there never mind..." in the same way the people I work with have to take responsibility when they screw up and grow from it, some of them have been arrested or threatened with eviction. All anyone can do is explain the situation and what they need to do / offer support to improve their situation. We can't make their mistakes go away.

That response was bang out of order.

So turn that around... if someone made fun of that information we now have, would you have punished them?

I am aware this isn't a job... as you yourself made so clear.You may or may not have "told me" but you'd at least hopefully have known and offered to talk to him about it rather than simply saying "it's OK, you can say it..."

Offensive is not what I am about. I've made my points here and they've been responded to by Yaz with that information. Ignoring it would be equally offensive, so I've offered some advice from my experience that may or may not be relevant... it's up to him he wants to listen, is offended by it or simply ignores it... but when other posters are saying "Way to fuck up his life..." I am VERY entitled to respond, I've tried to in a positive way.

So turn that around... if someone made fun of that information we now have, would you have punished them?
No idea what you're trying to say. Be more specific.

I am aware this isn't a job
Then stop pretending as if the situations are at all similar.

... as you yourself made so clear.You may or may not have "told me" but you'd at least hopefully have known and offered to talk to him about it rather than simply saying "it's OK, you can say it..."
This does not make any sense. As Yaz mentioned, we had a discussion about it long ago.

Offensive is not what I am about.
You literally just took to task someone who admitted anxiety over an issue in which you had a major contribution.

That's EXACTLY what you are about right now. You're just a hypocrite. Your concern for those afflicted with mental disabilities apparently ends where you can no longer pat yourself on the back for it.

Where's your apology?

I've made my points here and they've been responded to by Yaz with that information. Ignoring it would be equally offensive, so I've offered some advice from my experience that may or may not be relevant... it's up to him he wants to listen, is offended by it or simply ignores it... but when other posters are saying "Way to fuck up his life..." I am VERY entitled to respond.
The point

Your head

''I stand for all people with disability and will defend him justly.''

''You affected a disabled person negatively.''

''He can and should take care of himself.''

I think you backed yourself into a corner, mate.

No idea what you're trying to say. Be more specific.

Then stop pretending as if the situations are at all similar.

This does not make any sense. As Yaz mentioned, we had a discussion about it long ago.

You literally just took to task someone who admitted anxiety over an issue in which you had a major contribution.

That's EXACTLY what you are about right now. You're just a hypocrite. Where's your apology?

The point

Your head

So if someone made fun of Yaz now for his anxiety or disability would that have been punished by you?

I've "taken him to task..." no I simply expressed shock that anyone with an issue as severe as he says would engage in calling anyone a ******, lest they also suffer anxiety as a result.

I have not made a derogatory statement against him, merely expressed my own opinion which as you've said we are entitled to do... and others have in this forum and thread. If offense was caused I apologise to Yaz, but I stand by my advice.

So if someone made fun of Yaz now for his anxiety or disability would that have been punished by you?
It would all depend on the context. If the situations were reversed and the other poster had said Yaz was fucking ******ed, under the rules as I enforced them, no.

I've "taken him to task..." no I simply expressed shock that anyone with an issue as severe as he says would engage in calling anyone a ******, lest they also suffer anxiety as a result.
Liar.

We can all read what you wrote and we can see the capital letters you used in "EVER". We can see how you tried to shame him based on a future hypothetical job.

You are a liar.

I have not made a derogatory statement against him
You literally just used the disability he shared to try and further your position and did so in such a way to express there should have been shame on Yaz's part.

You are a hypocrite and a liar.
merely expressed my own opinion which as you've said we are entitled to do
Oh, so now the way I want the forum to run matters? Interesting.

Isn't it amazing how often you change your positions based on whatever is convenient in the moment.
If offense was caused I apologise to Yaz, but I stand by my advice.
That's not an apology. Try again.

''I stand for all people with disability and will defend him justly.''

''You affected a disabled person negatively.''

''He can and should take care of himself.''

I think you backed yourself into a corner, mate.

Not at all... I made clear that I support people with learning difficulties through difficult situations, however we cannot make bad consequences go away for them if they are unfortunate enough to make a mistake. We can liaise, try to smooth things over even offer training for work etc... we can't however lie to them and say they get a pass.

If "I affected a disabled person negatively here" then it was only in the process of standing up for others with disability... Out of respect I won't mention Yaz further...

Queer can be a homophobic slur but it still means and is often used by its original meaning, which was odd or unusual.

Social justice afficianados now regularly describe themselves as queer as their sexuality, even when they’re straight as an arrow. That has done a damn good job of lessening the usage of it as a slur.

Not at all... I made clear that I support people with learning difficulties through difficult situations, however we cannot make bad consequences go away for them if they are unfortunate enough to make a mistake. We can liaise, try to smooth things over even offer training for work etc... we can't however lie to them and say they get a pass.

If "I affected a disabled person negatively here" then it was only in the process of standing up for others with disability... Out of respect I won't mention Yaz further...
Still waiting on your apology to Yaz.

It would all depend on the context. If the situations were reversed and the other poster had said Yaz was fucking ******ed, under the rules as I enforced them, no.

Liar.

We can all read what you wrote and we can see the capital letters you used in "EVER". We can see how you tried to shame him based on a future hypothetical job.

You are a liar.

You literally just used the disability he shared to try and further your position and did so in such a way to express there should have been shame on Yaz's part.

You are a hypocrite and a liar.
Oh, so now the way I want the forum to run matters? Interesting.

Isn't it amazing how often you change your positions based on whatever is convenient in the moment.
That's not an apology. Try again.

No I will not apologise further sir... I will not allow you to turn this into the situation you seem intent on turning it into.

I have no interest in furthering a position, I have responded to posts made and information given late in the proceedings. Would that information have changed things earlier? possibly but unfortunately we are where we are.

As you have pointed out the rules have not changed as of yet, so I have responded with my opinion here...as others have done with impunity. They have not apologised and I will not be made to either, nor will I respond your "liar, hypocrite" responses.

I am not playing your game...

Why? Because your fit opened up an unwanted can of worms that didn't get you what you wanted?

No I will not apologise further sir
So if you deem someone else is offensive, they should apologize, but when you're the one who says something offensive, no apology necessary.

Hypocrite.

... I will not allow you to turn this into the situation you seem intent on turning it into.
You mean the fact you have just exposed you are a lying hypocrite?

I have no interest in furthering a position
You claim to support those with disabilities but literally just admonished someone who admitted their disability for how they behaved with their disability and tried to shame them by asking them how they would handle a future hypothetical job.

You do have a position and it is to make yourself feel good by claiming you support a cause, but you only support the cause when it is convenient for you to do so. You're a hypocrite.

I have responded to posts made and information given late in the proceedings. Would that information have changed things earlier? possibly but unfortunately we are where we are.
Yes, we are at the point where you want others to apologize for things which you yourself will not apologize.

As you have pointed out the rules have not changed as of yet, so I have responded with my opinion here...as others have done with impunity.
So, again, when my interpretation of the rules are convenient for you, it's okay for you to be offensive. But when it allows you feign outrage on behalf of others to stroke your ego, suddenly it is not okay for anyone.

Hypocrite.

They have not apologised
Nor will I. But it is YOUR standard, not ours, that an apology should be made.

So you are not living up to your own standard. Hypocrite.

and I will not be made to either, nor will I respond your "liar, hypocrite" responses.
You have no response, that's what you are.

I am not playing your game...
A game? That's all you've been playing for a week or two now. You're just playing a game, with the end goal being your own self-satisfaction.

Why? Because your fit opened up an unwanted can of worms that didn't get you what you wanted?

What I "wanted?" I want this level of shit? No... but what I will not put up with is a situation where the consequences of Sly's poor decision are turned into my fault. As others have pointed out, it wouldn't have taken much to resolve...

My "fit" was a simple complaint that any user could have made at any time... that others have decided to use it for point-scoring and are now trying to spin the death of the forums onto my shoulders is weak sauce.

Now trying to make out I am a hypocrite for showing genuine shock at late information that is relevant to the situation will not fly and I will not be apologizing further for any distress than I already have. Certainly not until the original poster is apologized to for the distress and anxiety they felt and that has been totally ignored.

Use the word as much as you like Sly... the truth is the hypocrite is one who has defended "his" rules, yet doesn't wish to allow others to benefit from them. you claim I admonished, if that came across that way it was not the intention... but neither was his I am sure to make WrestlingMaster feel like shit right?

What I "wanted?" I want this level of shit? No... but what I will not put up with is a situation where the consequences of Sly's poor decision are turned into my fault.
You're lying again.

This situation was caused by what you said directly to Yaz after he shared his issues.

Can you really not stop lying?

I will not be apologizing further for any distress than I already have. Certainly not until the original poster is apologized to for the distress and anxiety they felt.
Good to see your morals and standards are so important to you.

"I only believe in the things I say if I can get others to do it first".

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back