Steel Cage Forums: A Wrestling Forum That Won't Make You Sick And Kill You

Sod is homophobic. It comes from sodomy which comes from Sodom and Gomorrah.

Incorrect - Yaz got himself reported for his behavior... Sly declined to act and advised me to take it further if I wasn't happy... I did so and action was taken.

Hausman is the misnomer, I don't think he had a choice... I think he was told by Crave... I have no "rapport", we're not in contact since... the matter was resolved. end from his point of view and mine.

There is no conspiracy, no plan, I made a complaint, he was the one who answered. That they were not properly informed is between them and WZ/Crave... I don't make their policy, I just asked how the response I got and the original insults from Yaz fit with them... again, I can't be blamed on HOW they answered nor for asking the questions.

They got themselves removed with their choice of behavior and how they handled the situation... indeed how Sly continues to handle the situation shows this. Did I mention it could happen, yes... not as a threat but because the media landscape has moved on from when Sly wrote his rules... if as he stated, no one had bothered him from Crave in 8 years, then you can guarantee THEIR policies had changed in that time, even if his hadn't.

Ultimately, Sly chose to take a punt... let him send an email and he bet they wouldn't do anything rather than fix the problem... they did more than anyone expected...quickly. Again, not my fault...nor my problem.

Asking for an apology to the poor sod who was abused at the start? damn right, that should have happened immediately but they don't see it as they did wrong... so it wouldn't be sincere even if it came...

I can live without one for me, but I won't accept being called for behavior that Sly continues to display himself.

Yes, what I said was correct; you contradicted yourself in your first paragraph because you yourself said you took the action to go further. I'm not trying to argue whether you were right or wrong to do that, but you were responsible for taking the matter further and getting Crave involved. That was your responsibility.

By rapport, I mean, you got into contact with CraveOnline and Nick Hausman by extension. That's undeniably been a very difficult thing for the admins of the website to accomplish. I'm not trying to suggest nepotism or conspiracy, but what is objectively true is that Crave seldom, if ever, take action on the forum.

Your message to Crave is what caused these events to transpire as they did. I'm not saying Crave have zero responsibility in this issue, or you have all of it, but objectively speaking, had you not contacted Crave, nothing would have come of this, correct?

Not in the UK... and don't even try it...

Here it means unfortunate... and you damn well know it from where you're from.

Shit thanks for telling me how words work in the UK. I would never have guessed.

Yes, what I said was correct; you contradicted yourself in your first paragraph because you yourself said you took the action to go further. I'm not trying to argue whether you were right or wrong to do that, but you were responsible for taking the matter further and getting Crave involved. That was your responsibility.

By rapport, I mean, you got into contact with CraveOnline and Nick Hausman by extension. That's undeniably been a very difficult thing for the admins of the website to accomplish. I'm not trying to suggest nepotism or conspiracy, but what is objectively true is that Crave seldom, if ever, take action on the forum.

Your message to Crave is what caused these events to transpire as they did. I'm not saying Crave have zero responsibility in this issue, or you have all of it, but objectively speaking, had you not contacted Crave, nothing would have come of this, correct?

Semantics... and not going to accomplish anything with them.

It was the behavior of the 2 mods that created the situation, not my reaction to it... Had Yaz not written his bile at the person concerned, there'd be nothing to react to... had that persons complaint been properly dealt with, no need for me to complain too... had that complaint been properly dealt with, no need to take it further... indeed had Sly offered Hausman's name or email... he'd have got the email Crave did... perhaps the reaction would be different but again, not in my control.

That I received an email from someone and that being more interest than they'd show in the past, again... nothing to do with me...

There is no objectivity in your suggestion, had the complaint not been necessary then no action would have been... again that was not in my control.

It was the behavior of the 2 mods that created the situation, not my reaction to it... Had Yaz not written his bile at the person concerned, there'd be nothing to react to... had that persons complaint been properly dealt with, no need for me to complain too... had that complaint been properly dealt with, no need to take it further... indeed had Sly offered Hausman's name or email... he'd have got the email Crave did... perhaps the reaction would be different but again, not in my control.

That I received an email from someone and that being more interest than they'd show in the past, again... nothing to do with me...

There is no objectivity in your suggestion, had the complaint not been necessary then no action would have been... again that was not in my control.

It's not semantics, it's actually a large factor in determining how much responsibility you are willing to assume in the situation. And it's safe to assume that based on your replies to me and others, we're looking at less rather than more.

You were invariably the catalyst that brought Crave into the picture. Again, I'm not trying to say whether that's a good or bad thing, that's subjective. The fact of the matter is, if you were not present in this story, Crave would have not gotten involved. That is undeniable.

A list of acceptable insults is being compiled by the WrestleZone Illuminati right now and will be released soon.

Don't worry, THT is not part of the WrestleZone Illuminati. Neither is Milenko. Nor Dagger, for that matter.

Not in the UK... and don't even try it...

Here it means unfortunate... and you damn well know it from where you're from.

So what you're saying is, words have more than one meaning? That the fact you didn't intend to be homophobic is all that matters? That we can brush off any offence felt because *you* don't think the word is homophobic?

Just checking.

Incorrect - Yaz got himself reported for his behavior... Sly declined to act and advised me to take it further if I wasn't happy... I did so and action was taken.

Ultimately, Sly chose to take a punt... let him send an email and he bet they wouldn't do anything rather than fix the problem... they did more than anyone expected...quickly. Again, not my fault...nor my problem.

indeed had Sly offered Hausman's name or email... he'd have got the email Crave did... perhaps the reaction would be different but again, not in my control.
You are such a liar. Let's recall what you said earlier in the thread:

I politely protested and was met with what I considered to be an unsatisfactory response, so I made clear I reserved the right to go above him. I then wrote a email directly to Crave including only the original post from the moderator and the response I'd received and I asked 3 simple questions around whether the situation/original and responses were consistent with their brand.

I received a reply from Sly that indicated I was free to go "above him" but that it wouldn't do any good and no one would care. I replied advising I had already contacted someone.

Earlier in the thread, you stated that you had already sent an e-mail to someone at Crave before I ever mentioned you were free to push it up the chain. Now, later in the the thread when it is convenient for you, you're insinuating you only did so because I told you to and if I had just told you who to message, maybe things would be different.

You are a liar. Plain and simple, out and out liar.

Christ you're a fucking drama queen. I have to commend you for the ability to type so fluently using only one hand.

Why is he asking for an apology for someone who hasn't even expressed interest or concerns?

That's beyond weasely behaviour. What a pansy.

I just don’t understand why somebody who is just a member would play hall monitor to the point of contacting the owners over perceived abuses of one of the shittiest posters in WZ history.

Unless, of course, this member is just making a play so he can be king shit of a dying forum.

Guys, stop piling on Rob, he's probably going to call his mommy again and she's going to come take our ball away.

One thing this thread has proven is that mental illness is not easy to detect.

But I'm sure you don't think I'm referring to you person reading this comment.

Guys, stop piling on Rob, he's probably going to call his mommy again and she's going to come take our ball away.

I don’t think he wants the forum to go away so much as he wants everybody who even slightly disagrees with him ban’t.

Could I have done things differently? Yeah. I didn't have to respond to Rob Taylor's indirect comment about my choice of words, just like he didn't have to try to white knight for someone else.

I'm not angling to get my spot back, what's done is done, but it has become clear that Rob Taylor didn't do this out of the kindness of his heart. He had an agenda. He claims he wants disabled people to be treated as equals, but then says I should have reported my own disability to Sly. Why? Am I supposed to wear a pin? One that says "Hi, I'm different." Should my user title read "Disabled: Please treat accordingly." Doesn't seem like that is equal treatment. It seems that it is being insinuated that my disability would have prevented me from doing my job here. Who knows, maybe it did. Maybe I'm the one who is fucking ******ed.

I'm not sure what his end game was. I could list plenty of reasons as to why I think he did it, but it will change nothing. He has shown his true colors, made this entire situation about himself, proven to be a liar and a hypocrite, and went on a crusade. In the end, he won, but ask yourself, at what cost?

Just because I am disabled, doesn't mean I owe it to myself or anyone to go above and beyond for others who are disabled. If I choose to do something, great. If I choose to focus on myself, I'm not automatically an awful person. No one here knows me that well outside the forums. Some of you I am lucky enough to call friends and interact with on Facebook or online gaming communities or other services, but I'm the only person here who knows what goes on in my day to life, who knows what type of person I am and how I treat people I meet. I've fully admitted to be an asshole on the internet. It isn't a good thing, and admitting it doesn't automatically make it better, but I can separate an angry remark made on the internet from a person's real life actions.

In the end, my life will go on with or without WrestleZone. I don't need to talk about how valuable I was here anymore. I don't need to flaunt my real life accomplishments here. I will simply continue to be Yaz, just without the bold name. I'll eventually find something else to fill that void in my life that modding here filled. I don't need fake sympathy from someone who thinks they know me. I don't need hollow words from someone with a clear agenda.

Also, considering this started as an issue between myself and wrestlingmaster, if wrestlingmaster wants me to apologize, I will consider it. i will have a civil discussion if he wishes it. If he is satisfied someone else was outraged for him, so be it. He knows how to PM me. I already sent him a PM before all this went down, saying that he could address any issues he had with me Sly or KB, provided him links to both profiles, and told him I would lay off for a few days until he got his complaint sorted. All of that was never brought up because of the faux outrage, agendas, and rash decisions. Since it has become about much more, I'm sorry my choice of words caused it all.

Until such time as this blows over or the forum shuts down, I will likely just stick to the WZCW section. I've caused enough trouble elsewhere. I invite wrestlingmaster to chat with me if he feels so include and I give my word I will remain civil. I also invite Rob Taylor to kiss every square inch of my fat ass.

So i was reading this post at a good pace, then about half way through, the pace gradually became slower.

It's as if there was a ritard in the thread.
music pun FTW.

Could I have done things differently? Yeah. I didn't have to respond to Rob Taylor's indirect comment about my choice of words, just like he didn't have to try to white knight for someone else.

I'm not angling to get my spot back, what's done is done, but it has become clear that Rob Taylor didn't do this out of the kindness of his heart. He had an agenda. He claims he wants disabled people to be treated as equals, but then says I should have reported my own disability to Sly. Why? Am I supposed to wear a pin? One that says "Hi, I'm different." Should my user title read "Disabled: Please treat accordingly." Doesn't seem like that is equal treatment. It seems that it is being insinuated that my disability would have prevented me from doing my job here. Who knows, maybe it did. Maybe I'm the one who is fucking ******ed.

I'm not sure what his end game was. I could list plenty of reasons as to why I think he did it, but it will change nothing. He has shown his true colors, made this entire situation about himself, proven to be a liar and a hypocrite, and went on a crusade. In the end, he won, but ask yourself, at what cost?

Just because I am disabled, doesn't mean I owe it to myself or anyone to go above and beyond for others who are disabled. If I choose to do something, great. If I choose to focus on myself, I'm not automatically an awful person. No one here knows me that well outside the forums. Some of you I am lucky enough to call friends and interact with on Facebook or online gaming communities or other services, but I'm the only person here who knows what goes on in my day to life, who knows what type of person I am and how I treat people I meet. I've fully admitted to be an asshole on the internet. It isn't a good thing, and admitting it doesn't automatically make it better, but I can separate an angry remark made on the internet from a person's real life actions.

In the end, my life will go on with or without WrestleZone. I don't need to talk about how valuable I was here anymore. I don't need to flaunt my real life accomplishments here. I will simply continue to be Yaz, just without the bold name. I'll eventually find something else to fill that void in my life that modding here filled. I don't need fake sympathy from someone who thinks they know me. I don't need hollow words from someone with a clear agenda.

Also, considering this started as an issue between myself and wrestlingmaster, if wrestlingmaster wants me to apologize, I will consider it. i will have a civil discussion if he wishes it. If he is satisfied someone else was outraged for him, so be it. He knows how to PM me. I already sent him a PM before all this went down, saying that he could address any issues he had with me Sly or KB, provided him links to both profiles, and told him I would lay off for a few days until he got his complaint sorted. All of that was never brought up because of the faux outrage, agendas, and rash decisions. Since it has become about much more, I'm sorry my choice of words caused it all.

Until such time as this blows over or the forum shuts down, I will likely just stick to the WZCW section. I've caused enough trouble elsewhere. I invite wrestlingmaster to chat with me if he feels so include and I give my word I will remain civil. I also invite Rob Taylor to kiss every square inch of my fat ass.
I love you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back