• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

SPOILERS- Hulk Hogan and Ric Flair's in-ring debuts

Sorry Guys just getting the hang of this just registered and totally lost my post if it shows up twice I will delete the first I now have few more points. Ok as for the Flair "retirement" I could care less how many times did Funk do that and I still watched him. As for Hogan in the mix it depends how they work it. Now some of you hate this idea but in my opinion its how they work it.
1) If they work it like when Edge and Hogan had the belts or Flair and Dave it could be a big plus. Both let the other do most of the work Hogan even let Edge do the Leg Drop of Doom to win the belts and the double big boot was cool. Plus a lot of none TNA fans have no Idea who Abyss is and even fewer remember AJ from WCW (Backland had the belt when I first started watching so sorry if a remember useless stuff). But people will tune in it is a big chance for AJ and Abyss to get more main stream attention.
2) They are gearing up for Monday Night Wars 2.0 what better way to get viewers then the two biggest draws in most peoples opinions being in a match it is like Tyson fighting again people will watch.
3) The writers Bischoff and Russo love to swerve every one. We have Pope and AJ set up pin fall and beat down already. Does Pope get involved? Sting Flair don't know if its true but one more match? Abyss/Foley and the Band?
The point is let Hogan and Flair in there if they even half @$$ pass the torch by letting AJ and Abyss shine cool..... If they get people to tune in very cool (they will).... if they end it in a way that keeps us talking all week speculating on what is next MISSION Accomplished.

and you old men haters stop you know you will watch this one

and you old men haters stop you know you will watch this one
And if they don't they will still come in here and run their mouths about a product and people they don't watch. I'm all for people watching and having issues with the product, that's all well and good. God knows I don't agree with everything a company I watch does (I am still scratching my head over Tyler Black winning the ROH Title) and I will air my greivance. But the fact is I WATCH the shows that I have issues with. I don't instantly hate something because of what company it's being done in. Like I've said, if the tag team match on March 8th is a stinker I will be the first to say it and I will admit that it was nowhere near the best match on the show, but I also stated that I don't expect it to be and I full expect Hogan and Flair to be the icing fun nostalgic 2 minutes with Abyss & AJ carrying the rest of the match. Everything Hogan is doing is being questioned and shit one but here's the million dollar question: Aside from a few questionable signings, what has he done that has been so terrible? And if someone bitches one more time about the 6 Sided Ring I am officially willing to label you a "Crucial Crew" member.

I really don't know how to feel about this. You would think Hogan or Flair wouldn't event wrestle, especially Hogan. I knew they were going to wrestle sooner or later but this soon? in a tag match? I know they want ratings but I think they are going about it the wrong way.

I can't judge it yet though until I watch Impact and see the match itself. It's just weird that Hogan and Abyss would tag together. You would think it would be Hogan and Angle or Hogan and Joe. I just hope that Abyss or AJ gets the pin in this match. There is no need for Flair or Hogan to beat Abyss or AJ.

The good thing is they advertising their main event for the first Impact. It would of been better to see maybe Jeff Hardy go against AJ or something huge like that. The good thing is we won't see too much ring rust with Hogan and Flair in a tag match. I just don't know if I want to see Abyss and Styles though.

hulk hogan is really helping tna. whats the big deal if he does one tag match? there going head to head with Raw. He is the biggest attraction in the history of wrestling, its smart. Ric Flair and Hogan paved the way for everyone. I really dont think it matters. How come nobody talks about Bret Hart making a ass out of himself appearing on RAW. he lost all his pride for a paycheck. He can barley move due to his stroke. TEASE BRET HART HE FINALLY GAVE INTO MCMAHON . SELL OUT. so seriously give Hogan a break he could of just marched into TNA with the nWo and took shit over. and walked around with the title. I know in the past Hogan played alot of back stage politics , but now he realizes he cant be a everyday wrestler. He finally realized it and now he is helping the younger guys become stars. I'm sorry about my first post insulting wrestling fans. it just gets me mad how people have such a grudge with Hogan when all of you grew up watching him. i love wrestling and i just want to see it like it use to be.

hulk hogan is really helping tna. whats the big deal if he does one tag match? there going head to head with Raw. He is the biggest attraction in the history of wrestling, its smart. Ric Flair and Hogan paved the way for everyone. I really dont think it matters. How come nobody talks about Bret Hart making a ass out of himself appearing on RAW. he lost all his pride for a paycheck. He can barley move due to his stroke. TEASE BRET HART HE FINALLY GAVE INTO MCMAHON . SELL OUT. so seriously give Hogan a break he could of just marched into TNA with the nWo and took shit over. and walked around with the title. I know in the past Hogan played alot of back stage politics , but now he realizes he cant be a everyday wrestler. He finally realized it and now he is helping the younger guys become stars. I'm sorry about my first post insulting wrestling fans. it just gets me mad how people have such a grudge with Hogan when all of you grew up watching him. i love wrestling and i just want to see it like it use to be.

it's not the fact Hogan is wrestling that's getting the ire of the fans, it's the fact he can't wrestle anymore. i watch Impacts and the guy is limping and can barely make it through the ramp, let alone making it through a match. i can understand if Abyss and Styles take the majority of the bumps and minutes, but even if Hogan takes 30 sec to wrestle, it'll still be painful to watch. if they want to use names to build up the product, manage guys and milk money out of the names, he doesn't need to get in the ring and put on a horrendous match

just wondering if anyone has thought that mybe tna is just announcing the match with them in it, but then something happen during the night to make it so it not the same match by the time it happens mybe like flair and aj or the band attacking hogan so it leaves abyss by himself (seeing hogan cant wrestle or take pump as flair can) so flair and aj wont be that bad in the ring seeing flair still buts out a pretty good act.... so lets say the match starts with abyss vs aj and flair ... then music hits and it Jeff Hardy or even better would be Finally RVD that would not only make a awsome live impact but would make news all week and piss the wwe off seeing where RVD goes ever person on RVDTV goes .... people just dont see how much of a deal he would be if he went to TNA... not only would he be a huge draw ratings but with merchendice to which is what help tna alot.... So befor you go talking about the tag match u should really see what happen during the show first because i think this is all just a promotional thing to get people to watch with a great storyline that gona wow us behind it

Bret is essentially getting his final swan song match. Whatever it is will be enough, I hope.
Flair had his epic final match which will now be tarnished when he displays his glorious manboobs again. (Thanks for nothing, Shawn.)
Hogan has had about 30 final matches. Really, there's nothing left for him to tarnish. I think he wipes his ass with his legacy and doesn't care as long as cash spews out of his bidet.
I sadly suppose that Flair and Hogan will only truly retire when the crumbling remains of their knees and hips finally concede defeat.
C'mon TNA. Why the refried WCW? I almost miss WCW.....oh, I think I threw up in my mouth a bit there!

I absolutely 100% do not see what the big fucking deal here is people. OH MY GOD HULK HOGAN WAS IN A WRESTLING MATCH?! Fill up your canteens, pack your bags, the fuckin armageddon is coming! The sky is falling! Run, run the sky is falling!

It's a fucking tag match with Abyss, AJ Styles, and Ric Flair. Someone explain to me what is so wrong here? It makes logical sense that this would lead to a match, and it's not like they're having this headline Bound for Glory or some shit, it's just a tag match on an episode of Impact, and it's a tag match that like ir or not, people are going to want to see. I know, shocking, right? Guess what: people would rather tune in and see Hogan and Flair in the ring than Wolfe vs. Pope. No, maybe it's not right, but it's the cold hard truth.

Besides, I actually really like the pairing of Abyss with Hogan. I mean, no, if you're going into this expecting a fucking five star classic you're insane, but I doubt it's going to be so bad that we're going to kill ourselves or something. Fuck, if it's even 1/10th as bad as some of the wrestlecrap Hogan has been involved in, I'll eat my words gladly.

Well, Flair said that he would likely be wrestling again soon anyways, so I'm not all that surprised. As for Hogan, it was really just inevitable. Some might say he's in no condition to wrestle, but honestly Hogan doesn't need to do a lot in the ring to get over anyways. Personally I have no interest in seeing this (or Hogan in general), but I'm sure it will draw some viewers to Impact.

My only real concern is: why Abyss? I watched his matches on the ppv last week and honestly, he just doesn't have it anymore. Abyss needs to lose his current gimmick (and about 50 pounds) and get back to the 'monster' he was a few years ago. As of right now, there are a lot of guys I would rather see in this role. For example, Hernandez, Morgan, Pope. Also, I would have thought that Angle would have been the obvious choice, as he is feuding with AJ.

Guess what: people would rather tune in and see Hogan and Flair in the ring than Wolfe vs. Pope. No, maybe it's not right, but it's the cold hard truth.

I AGREE. wolfe and pope are nobodys. Hogan and Flair are two performers that can never be matched. these new guys all suck. wrestling will never have the star power it use to have. i rather watch hogan vs flair any day then some wwe rejects and roh scrubs. :worship: hogan flair

It's a fucking tag match with Abyss, AJ Styles, and Ric Flair. Someone explain to me what is so wrong here? It makes logical sense that this would lead to a match, and it's not like they're having this headline Bound for Glory or some shit, it's just a tag match on an episode of Impact, and it's a tag match that like ir or not, people are going to want to see. I know, shocking, right? Guess what: people would rather tune in and see Hogan and Flair in the ring than Wolfe vs. Pope. No, maybe it's not right, but it's the cold hard truth.

It's exactly what needed to be said. It may suck, but it is the truth. The audience that TNA is trying to tap into needs a hook to get them in the door. This match is that hook, pure and simple.

And not only is it on Impact, but I'm pretty sure it said the match was for a TAPING. Because TNA is going live alternating weeks, they will announce this match during the live Impact and use it essentially as an ad for people to tune in the week after.

Anyone expecting a 5 star match with Hogan in it should be used to the disappointment anyway :p

Also, did you guys know if Hogan attempts to leg drop AJ styles the world will implode in itself in a fiery explosion of negative energy? Or so I've heard.

So TNA is combating Criss Angel's guest host spot on Raw with Hogan/Abyss vs Flair/Styles. I give the nod to TNA, Hogan vs Flair is deff the bigger MindFre...screw that...its a mind fuck. Personally I was hoping that Hogan would never step in the ring again, i guess he lost all cred. for me back during "The Fingerpoint of Doom" debacle. I do like how he and bischoff are running things though (minus this and a few other minor details.) The good news about this match for me is that I read the spoilers for the next two weeks and when it comes to Flair/Styles, its like good ol JR says, "Business is about to pick up!"

I actually think that this could be quite exciting. To my mind, Ric Flair has done nothing to warrant the slack that he is getting from everyone. Until a two years ago, he was still competing week in and week out on the biggest wrestling promotion in the western world. I know that his wrestling was far from brilliant and I know that the performances he gave didn't set the heather alight but, to be honest, he is still a decent enough worker to be able to pull off a match in TNA. Hulk Hogan is a strange case however, I really haven't seen him doing much wrestling in recent years and I honestly could not comment on how well or poorly he is going to do because I just have no idea.

From what people are saying however, I would hazard a guess that he is going to be carried through the match by Abyss. I hear that he has had a lot of operations to repair injuries and that it is going to be a train-wreck. I really don't know about that and I think that once Flair and Hogan get into the ring, you will love to see it. Both of them are huge personalities in the wrestling world and having them in the same ring, if only for a few minutes, could be quite exciting. I fully expect Styles and Abyss to carry the match so I am not against the idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back