Song's by your favorite artists that you hate

My$terio_Fan

I can do whatever I want
Everyone has artists/bands that they love. But are there any songs the they recorded that you really just didn't like.

One song that comes to mind for me is Mariah Carey's huge smash "We belong together". That song was huge and every Mariah fan praises it as one of her best. I am a huge Mariah fan, but just didn't like it. The song just bored me to death, and really doesn't do anything for me. It's just not a song that I like.

Another one would be "Naughty Girl" by Beyonce. It was a big hit and did well on the charts but it basically is the only song of hers that I don't love. For whatever reason it doesn't stick and I just never cared for it. It's surprising since I love Beyonce and everything she does but not this song.

So does anyone else have songs that their favorites made that you just didn't like and felt that they were just not good songs, regardless if the artist was your favorite?

The only song by one of my favorite bands, that I absolutely cannot stand, is I Stand Alone by Godsmack. It's an OK song, but it's their biggest hit, by far, and doesn't even sound like a true Godsmack song. It was written for the Scorpion King, and did so well that the label made them put it on the album.

I can see how it was a good business move, but it wasn't necessary. As soon as the song was placed on Faceless, the fans were screaming sell-out. The only time that I like this song, is when they play it live, and there's 10,000 people singing along. They could've had that without putting it on the CD.

As some may assume, I'm a fan of the band Mayhem. The only song I can't stand by them is Chainsaw Gutsfuck. For some reason I can't get past that particular singers (can't remember his name, they've had so many) vocals, because he's a shrieker. Not what I'd expect after Funeral Fog.

Another band that I love is Our Lady Peace. They have a song called Somewhere Out There, that I don't get too thrilled over. It's not that it's a bad cut, but rather it's too much of a departure from their signature sound. Songs like Naveed and Supermans Dead are both very angsty, much like Whatever is. Then they release a soaring, sweeping ballad-esque single? Again not that it's a bad single, but just not their style, at least in my opinion.

I can't stand 'Enter Sandman', or 'Sad But True' by Metallica anymore. Both songs have been overplayed to death, and when i'm at a concert and they play Sandman during the encore, i take that as my cue to leave.

And then some bands do covers that they should definitely not have done. Cradle of Filth's cover of 'Temptation' springs to mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back