I Can't Stand Your Voice

Little Jerry Lawler

Sigmund Freud On Ritalin And Roids
Whenever I listen to music, I like to hear great lyrics being sung and the great voice of the person singing those lyrics. My favorite singer is Amy Lee and I can listen to her sing forever and she has great songs. On the other end of the spectrum, there are some artists who have great songs but I can't stand their voice.

My first example is Plies. He is a good rapper to me but his voice just makes me want to cover my ears. I love the song "Please Excuse My Hands" with Jamie Foxx and The Dream but I felt Plies took away from that song because I couldn't stand his voice. I feel the same way with Shawty Lo and some T.I. songs. I love their lyrics but I feel the way that sound gets in the way of me enjoying their work. I know that shouldn't be but it irritates me sometimes.

So is there a favorite artist of yours that have great lyrics, but their voice gets in the way of enjoyment?

eminem - (especially on 3 a.m.) great lyrics, he and Jay-Z are the only Rappers/Hip-Hop(-ers) i can listen to on the radio, but he HAS THE MOST ANNOYING FAKE ACCENT, OR WHATEVER THE F that is when he raps, he can sing but not while rapping :/

Have to go with Anthony Followill of Kings of Leon here. There's really not that much good about his vocals. He actually reminds me of Russell Brand, in terms of being a singer. Read; he reminds me of a very annoying British Comedian. I just think the guy's voice is extremely whiny. To the point that it will make your ears bleed when he sings, "I hope it's gonna ma-a-ke you notice." That fucking make.... It drives me bat shit crazy with how whiny it sounds. It's almost as if he's pleading for attention, like a little child. When little children want attention, their voices get all cracky, they tend to get higher pitch, and they whine. That's exactly what a typical Kings of Leon song sounds like. So damn nasally, and so damn annoying, that I want to punch baby children if I here it.

Look, some people here love them, and that's all well and good. Personally? I find them to be absolute horse shit, for plenty of reasons. And one of those reasons? The whiny voice of that fucking lead singer

If I'm being totally honest, it all comes down to three men. These three men are, in fact, the bane of my musical existence. Who are they, you ask? Well, they are none other than: Alex Band (douche from The Calling), Jason Wade (idiot of Lifehouse fame), and Scott Stapp (jackass lead singer of Creed). Now, why, oh why do I hate these guys? Simply because they couldn't find their own vocal style, so they ripped off Eddie Vedder. I can hear people now: "Oh, but Dewey, you're being too hard on these guys! They obviously want to pay Eddie a little homage!!!" BULLSHIT! These gentlemen (and I use the term lightly in Stapps case) knew they'd get instant cred if they raped the singing style of Vedder. Granted, Scott had a lot more success than the other two, and I'm not going to hold that against any of his fans. But the fact that the other two bands couldn't sustain a longer career cracks me up. Note, I didn't list Vedder. That's because he's the original, so by default, better. Every time I hear "Wherever You Will Go" or "Hanging by a Moment", I want to abuse senior citizens. GET YOUR OWN FUCKING IDENTITY GUYS!!!

Like it was said in Tenta's post... Kings of Leon. Caleb Followill. There's just something about his voice. It has such an intense whinyness to it. Let me rephrase that, an intense whinyness with a Southern twist. Still doesn't change that it's so incredibly annoying. And this is coming from a guy who is a huge Smashing Pumpkins fan. That should tell you how tolerant I usually am towards whiny voices. Also, Charmer is the single most irritating song I have ever heard in my life. Again, I'm a Pumpkins fan. Ouch.

But the thing that really pisses me off about Caleb is that he can actually sing without sounding so annoying. His old stuff, with his low southern accent, sounded cool. And it was actually pretty impressive considering how young they were then. But alas, the want to sell records corrupts another young band as Kings of Leon decided Caleb should make singing more radio friendly. It might be radio friendly, but it ain't ear friendly.

Ma$e. Maybe he's a little more old school than this thread was intending for, but I had to make it known. I could not stand anything that this guy put out...His beats were OK, but any time he opened his outh it sounded like I was listening to his records underwater. He couldn't sound out anything, and his voice didn't make it any easier.

I'd also give honorable mentions to Lady Gaga and Tyson (from AAR)...

Just yesterday I heard the song "Big Yellow Taxi" by Joni Mitchell. Good song, but maybe I'm too used to the cover version. This version really annoyed me. Her voice was just funny sounding, and the bit at the end where she tries to do a deep voice and giggles made me want to hurt something. It was embarrassing just listening to the song.

I was watching the trailer to Clash Of The Titans (remake) and loved the music to it

[YOUTUBE]qpZ5D_Wc4cA[/YOUTUBE]

and I was looking through the comments to find it was an instrumental of The Bird and the Worm by The Used so I searched it

[YOUTUBE]12dBCgAo-RA[/YOUTUBE]

and I REALLY dislike this guys voice its a great song but this guys voice kills it, if he tried to sound less 'emo' then it might be better

Tom Delong from Blink 182. First off, the band is a piece of shit. Secondly, I can't stand hearing the guy sing. It sounds like he cut off his nose, and then swallowed it and choked. His voice is absolutely awful.

Another one is Kenny Chesney. Why this guy is even famous is beyond me. It sounds like someone is strangling him when he sings. Go live on the island that you sing about you fuck tard, stay away from Country Music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back