Why do you like Lil Wayne?

Uncle Chester

I see you, and your penis.
LilWayne has some catchy songs but they are far outnumbered by shit songs. And for all my mental power I seem to be incapable why he is so damn popular. I mean I understand people are obsessed with 'cool' characters but his music is soooooooooo fucking bad. Pop songs are fun and simplistic and I understand how people like listening to artists like Rohanna or Katy Perry at least they're easy to listen to and are fun. But Wayne is annoying, his voice, the lyrics that make little sense. Ughh. I just need to know from his fans why they like him.

Discuss.

He's kind of funny and he has some fairly clever metaphors. That's pretty much the only reason I like him at all, but it's still not enough for me to actually buy anything he puts out. He's pretty much just a half a step above where most other mainstream rap artists are these days. The key today seems to be "Come up with a catchy hook and surround it with mediocre verses." Wayne does the same shit, but occasionally his verses have some memorable bars.

I like him a little bit, but for the most part I consider his music garbage.

While he may have his bad moments and some songs he has made have sucked terribly, he is one of the hardest working men in music. He alone has made around 700 songs and has been featured in over 3,000. That is pretty crazy when you think about it. The guy has skill which you can't deny. Some of his songs are fucking fire mainly the ones on his mixtapes. I wouldn't consider myself a fan of his music nor would I say I respect him as a human being, but I respect him for working so hard and coming up from nothing.

I don't like Li'l Wayne. In fact the only songs I have on my ipod featuring him are "My Life" by The Game, Game's new one that I cant remember the name of, and "No Love" by Eminem.

His grating voice annoys me, and while he comes up with good lyrics, the vocal delivery just spoils it for me. A friend of mine showed me some of Wayne's stuff a few years ago thinking I would love him....I don't.

I like his mixtapes where he doesn't need to autotune it coz he doesn't even give a shit about them. If he did that with his albums he'd be a lot more popular.

When asked this question I usually say that I love his verses in other people's songs (Forever by Drake, My life by Game etc.).

I've also heard about his amazing work ethic and I respect him heaps for it. He's always rapping on or producing other people's stuff and Young Money is doing really well.

I like Lil Wayne because he has a different sounding voice that I haven't really heard before. I don't listen to a ton of new rap anymore (really just Eminem, Jay Z, Ludacris, some Drake), but he is one guy that I just find interesting. Most of the rap I listen to is older.

He has some really catchy lyrics and is creative in his writing.

I am a big fan of the Birdman and Mannie Fresh and Lil Wyane has either been featured in many of their songs, or he has featured them. I guess that he has really grown on me.

Lil Wayne is somebody different. He doesn't like to rap all that fast, he doesn't do what the media tells him to, and he is his own person. I saw him in concert about two weeks ago here in Calgary and honestly found him to be hilarious. He is so funny and that is what makes him appealing to listen. He always can put a smile on your face especially when he is performing music that has lyrics that just make you laugh. He has an array of serious and funny songs and he isn't your typical rapper these days.

Lil wayne is good and has great punchlines and good flow which makes everbody so drawn to him but he isn't nothing special I believe drake is better but lil wayne is creative and I respect that.

I don't understand it in the slightest, it sounds just like the rest of rap/hip hop to me, random jibberesh thrown together to a computer created beat backed by zero musical/lyrical talent.

The song that REALLY got me into Wayne was, "Shooter" with Robin Thicke.

I really think late 2009 was the downfall year for him (whatever year he made the "Bedrock" song was his downfall)

Don't get me wrong, I like Wayne, he has some really hard beats on his songs and he makes clever metaphors and lyrics, which sometimes make me think, which no other rapper has made me done besides Eminem, Jay-Z, and some T.I. He cleary has the talent, just listen to his verses on, "Shooter", "Drop The World" and, "We Be Steady Mombin" Like I said before, he has some of the best beats, he has a large fan base, he has the lyrical skill, I'm not saying he's 2PAC, Kool Rap G, or Biggie material, but he's improving and he's one of the best we have in the rap game today.

But...

..Auto-Tone is the reason why I don't like him. There's only one rapper I can stomach that use Autotone and that's T-Pain (does he even classify as a rapper?) and that's because it's worked really good for him. "Prom Queen" Is a song I like because of the rock theme he puts in and the lyrics, but the autotone he uses makes it fucking annoying. "Bedrock" is a song I cant stand, I just don't like it all together and Nicki Minaj (even though I kinda like her now) makes it fucking annoying.

So there, those were Lillyanya's thoughts :)

I hate the Lil Wayne from 2008 to present. But from 1999 to 2007 he was straight fire. Tha Carter and the Carter 2 was one of the few albums that all of the tracks were really good. I think the difference is that back then, Lil wayne was hungry, was was working his ass off to be on top. Now that he's on top, he doesn't have that same drive and hunger anymore that got him to the top, so now his music is lazy garbage bullshit. LOL sad but true.

was was working his ass off to be on top. Now that he's on top, he doesn't have that same drive and hunger anymore that got him to the top, so now his music is lazy garbage bullshit. LOL sad but true

What?! Lil Wayne is still probably the hardest working man in music. He is still featured on most high profile songs and nearly every high end artist has made a song with him. The guy is and has always been a workaholic. Only difference is he tries new things which most people don't like. Don't question his work ethic and don't say he's gotten lazy because that shit is fucking asinine.

What?! Lil Wayne is still probably the hardest working man in music. He is still featured on most high profile songs and nearly every high end artist has made a song with him. The guy is and has always been a workaholic. Only difference is he tries new things which most people don't like. Don't question his work ethic and don't say he's gotten lazy because that shit is fucking asinine.

LOL ok let me rephrase what i said. Im not saying he doesn't work as hard to get on songs, Im not saying that. Every song you hear he's on it. But you can't tell me he has the same flow that he had back about 5 or 6 years ago. I don't know if it''s drugs or what but he just rhymes different. Go and listen to Tha Carter 2 compared to his newer shit and tell me he hasn't lost something. Listen to his track "Feel Me" and ask yourself if he can still produce tracks like that now because i don't see it happening.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnRxyl4vj0g

[YOUTUBE]A2NCdY3ZiJY&feature=BFa&list=FLjkA8CXXM6js&index=13[/YOUTUBE]

Wayne KILLS this song. The song itself sucks and the first two verses are terrible. Wayne saves the song though and destroys the beat.

[YOUTUBE]EVsdXnAMeJM&feature=BFa&list=FLjkA8CXXM6js&index=18[/YOUTUBE]

Yet another song that Wayne kills from 2008. When he wants to rap, he is an animal. There's a reason why he has the following he does. Obviously there are many other songs he has made in the past few years that are good, but I can't post them all. What makes me like him is that he isn't content with just rapping. He shows versatility in his music unlike many artists. He wants to switch it up and sing sometimes and whether you like those songs or not, it just shows how he wants to be more than a rapper.

[YOUTUBE]A2NCdY3ZiJY&feature=BFa&list=FLjkA8CXXM6js&index=13[/YOUTUBE]

Wayne KILLS this song. The song itself sucks and the first two verses are terrible. Wayne saves the song though and destroys the beat.

[YOUTUBE]EVsdXnAMeJM&feature=BFa&list=FLjkA8CXXM6js&index=18[/YOUTUBE]

Yet another song that Wayne kills from 2008. When he wants to rap, he is an animal. There's a reason why he has the following he does. Obviously there are many other songs he has made in the past few years that are good, but I can't post them all. What makes me like him is that he isn't content with just rapping. He shows versatility in his music unlike many artists. He wants to switch it up and sing sometimes and whether you like those songs or not, it just shows how he wants to be more than a rapper.

You right with everything you said bro and everyone is entitled to there opinion. He can rap great when ever he wants to. im just saying im hearing more of his clown rap then his real shit. He's not rapping the same hood shit he use to, not saying he can't but he's just not. He's out the hood so there's no need to be rapping about that anymore but his lyrics be lacking at times and you can tell. To me, he ain't running with the same shit that got him hot in the first place so it's just not the same to me. Hopefully Tha Carter 4 won't dissapoint.

Look , I'm not a rap guy in the 1st place I listen to pop/rock/metal but I do for some reason like Lil Wayne

In fact of all his songs I hear on the radio I NEVER hear one I don't like

Maybe hes only bad in the eyes of some rap enthusiast/critic who analyzes the actual lyrics more or something? I don't know but as someone who doesn't even generally like much rap I think hes great

I admit Lil Wayne is good with metaphors but I don't like him.It takes more then good metaphors to be a good rapper, because honestly if rap was simply about metaphors, most people probably wouldn't waste their time in school because all you would need is an elementary-middle school education to learn about language, similies, metaphors, play on words, figures of speech, etc just to help you in your career. I like his deep song sbut overall Lil Wayne is just a step up from mainstream rap. He just raps about the same, money, cars, clothes, and girls.

Wayne is just garbage most of the time. I respect how hard he has worked. He came up from nothing and put his own name and heck, even his city on the map when it comes to hip-hop. He has good stuff. "Drop the World" is a jam for me, and songs like "Ice Cream Paint Job" and "Right Above It" are good. His verse on "No Love" with Em kills. One of the better verses I've heard that hasn't came from Eminem or Lupe Fiasco. And "Steady Mobbin" is decent, and it gets me pumped up crazy. But then he puts out so much crap I cannot even remember the titles of them all. He is good when he wants to be, which is hardly ever, and follows the trend of rapping about nothing but clubbing, drugs, and getting women instead of taking the time to tell a story. And then there is that awful auto tune he uses and just the way he sounds normally.

He does have two things going for him though. He can usually but a good beat opn a song, and have a good flow with it. And he does have some pretty catchy punchlines and metaphors. But it takes more than that to stay a consistently good rapper and Wayne just isn't. Unfortunately most mainstream rappers are right there along with him, other than Shady. It's a shame.

First off his speech is impaired because of the fact that the man hardly ever sleeps. I can tell that the guy probably gets about 2 hours a sleep as night, because the fact is that his tour bus is a recording booth. And when he's not on his own songs, sure enough, there's a rapper somewhere wanting his words on a song.

Secondly, the guy's following comes from his earlier rhymes and mix tapes. His mainstream stuff can be alright at times, but when it comes down to it, it's the songs like Louisianimal and A Milli that get people behind him. He's one of the few people who actually loves the rap business and even though he's one of the top major players, he can still stay relevant.

But I will agree, a lot of his popularity did sort of come from left field. I can remember when I was in 9th grade and first played fireman... people had no idea who the fuck he was. But now everyone's all over him.

First off his speech is impaired because of the fact that the man hardly ever sleeps. I can tell that the guy probably gets about 2 hours a sleep as night, because the fact is that his tour bus is a recording booth. And when he's not on his own songs, sure enough, there's a rapper somewhere wanting his words on a song.

Secondly, the guy's following comes from his earlier rhymes and mix tapes. His mainstream stuff can be alright at times, but when it comes down to it, it's the songs like Louisianimal and A Milli that get people behind him. He's one of the few people who actually loves the rap business and even though he's one of the top major players, he can still stay relevant.

But I will agree, a lot of his popularity did sort of come from left field. I can remember when I was in 9th grade and first played fireman... people had no idea who the fuck he was. But now everyone's all over him.

A Milli is one of the most atrocious music works I have ever heard in my life. The song is nothing but some of the most nonsensical gibberish lyrics laid over a club beat and filled with auto tune on an already horrible voice. It completely sucks and I wish I could go my entire life without hearing it again. I never got the appeal of that song and I doubt I ever will.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back