Someone Help Me Out Here....

...I mean, what's with all the bannings? One day I'm PMing and talking to a poster, the next minute I log on to see their names crossed out with the text "BANNED" written below it. WTF?

Is it due to all the "infractions" that pile up, or what? Three posts in I was given an infraction for simply stating that I was "old school like that" when it comes to the WWE. I was impressed with the WWE in the late eighties and early nineties as opposed to now. Simply stating that warranted an infraction, but that isn't what this is about.

Serious, what are these offenses that are getting people banninated left and right? I can see how calling someone a "********" in the graphics thread may warrant a ban but does speaking your mind warrant one as well?

Seriously, the mods have done a decent job of intimidation as I am weary about venturing into certain threads for fear of saying something innocent that may be interpreted as a jab. Has it always been this strict and tight? Someone help me out here.......

All the mods know & do their jobs to the best of thier abilities. Noone is banned unjustly. And infractions are given out for people who don't stay on topic, or more importantly, who aren't detailed in what they say.

If you simply post that you liked the past more than the present, but don't give a detailed reason why, thats considered spam.

Furthermore, I think we're very relaxed on cursing, until it involves flaming another user. For example, several people will say "F this" & "F that" to a storyline, or wrestler.. & thats just their way of talking. Sure some may not take kindly to it, but don't read it then. However, when someone steps across the line.. & says "F you for your opinion" thats considered flaming & depending on HOW badly it is, it could also be an instant bannable offense.

None of the mods are trying to be intimidating, they're simply doing there jobs.

I think the mods do a pretty decent job around here, especially with the amount of posters that come on. I remember when I first joined there was spam EVERYWHERE, and I mean everywhere (there were threads about Randy Orton's tights for goodness sake :lol2:). So it really isn't that strict here- just remember to explain what you're saying so it can add to the discussion.

Flames Out
Dragon

If you had read the complaint thread then you would have your answer. This has been stated about 100 times this month already.

Do what Eternal Dragon says.

If you can't be bothered to add a little substance to your post the you really shouldn't be posting here.

People who sapm should use the Live Discussion section. That's what it's for. I didn't make it just for people to talk about live Raw.

And saying you're too intimidated to post is pathetic. It's a forum. If you're like that over the internet I dread to think what you're like in real life.

Yeah, I never had a problem with any of them. They can make a mistake and if they made one, they will usually fix it. I have never had a problem with any of them, and i dont believe i have ever been given an infraction unless i forgot because of my some timers. But if you just add to the topic there shouldn't be a problem.

If you can't add more detail to your post, or think 3 sentences is too long then you shouldn't be posting. It's pretty simple.

There's sections provided for people who want to make short comments, say lol, agree with people etc.

If you can't add more detail to your post, or think 3 sentences is too long then you shouldn't be posting. It's pretty simple.

There's sections provided for people who want to make short comments, say lol, agree with people etc.

Lol... I agree. :)

It took me awhile to get it also. I got infracted a few times because I didn't provide enough details. If you wish to vent, they have rooms like this set up where you can get stupid and shit and not worry about getting banned.

I've been to boards on all subjects where it has degenerated to people talking about each other's mothers, race, religion and even threatening one another. Are the mods here strict? Yes. But, they have to be or shit would get out of control, especially with young people, who are emotional and used to expressing themselves quickly. As one of the oldest, most decrepid members on this board, I think I can say that. Is there anyone else over 30 out there? :D Seriously, don't get too upset if you get an infraction. It is simply a way of teaching you. If you screw up enough times to get banned, you'll probably never learn.

Also, no need to be intimidated. None of the mods here can hurt you, just ban you. This is just the internet.

It took me awhile to get it also. I got infracted a few times because I didn't provide enough details. If you wish to vent, they have rooms like this set up where you can get stupid and shit and not worry about getting banned.

I've been to boards on all subjects where it has degenerated to people talking about each other's mothers, race, religion and even threatening one another. Are the mods here strict? Yes. But, they have to be or shit would get out of control, especially with young people, who are emotional and used to expressing themselves quickly. As one of the oldest, most decrepid members on this board, I think I can say that. Is there anyone else over 30 out there? :D Seriously, don't get too upset if you get an infraction. It is simply a way of teaching you. If you screw up enough times to get banned, you'll probably never learn.

Well thank you very much Sandman for being the first to explain the situation to me in an unemotional, well-thought out post. It's laughable that I express myself on here and some took it so serious that they neg repped me, lol. Christ.

It's probably the lack of explaining myself that ruffled some feathers. I'm not used to message boards that send warning to the PM system for just posting a sentence consistenting of four or five words. I thought that if something can be said in ten words, why use 65? All the extra yik yakkity yam yak could constitute as spam, could it not? Oh well, time to just move along, find some spicy pics of J-Lo on the 'Net and rub one out.

Well thank you very much Sandman for being the first to explain the situation to me in an unemotional, well-thought out post. It's laughable that I express myself on here and some took it so serious that they neg repped me, lol. Christ.

It's probably the lack of explaining myself that ruffled some feathers. I'm not used to message boards that send warning to the PM system for just posting a sentence consistenting of four or five words. I thought that if something can be said in ten words, why use 65? All the extra yik yakkity yam yak could constitute as spam, could it not? Oh well, time to just move along, find some spicy pics of J-Lo on the 'Net and rub one out.

It's been explained millions of times. If you had read some other posts then you would have got it without needing to make a thread. In the Bar Room no less. I'm surprised some of the regular posters didn't rip the shit out of your post.

Dude it's not a hard concept at all. I would explain it to you, but A.) It's not my job, I'm not a mod or Admin and I don't like to act like I am, and B.) Jake and a few others beat me to it. I've been here for a little while now and when I first joined I was nearly banned due to infractions. They were all my fault I knew it, and I wasn't going to bitch and complain about it cause what they last a big 6 weeks. As far as being intimidated... No real comment on that I mean seriously if your intimidated by anyone on the net, you either need to get off of the net, grow up, or stay away from the things that are intimidating...

The topic has been over and done with for over three days now, Pinnochio. Saying that you're a little late would be an understatement. There were a few questions about board procedures that I had. They got answered. Some answers were e-motional, others were well-thought out, and some, like yours, just came off as someone very slow trying to keep up and sound intelligent. They are laughing at you, not with you. But your efforts are appreciated nonetheless. Now I will kindly ask the mods to either lock this thread, or let it die a slow, miserable death. Not because the answers will not help me, or some other newb in the future; no. But so we can prevent people like the cocksmoker above me from making complete fools of themselves. Thanks.

hmmm thanks for the flaming btw... It was well deserved and I am sorry. If you'd like please bend over and I'll kiss your ass... and looking at the dates... It seems that you posted in here today asking if that's all Jake's got... Then Jake said he simplified it for you... Looks like that happened today, so get your facts stragiht before you flame :) Kthxbyeee

This thread can run and run for all I care.

Is asking a question that's been asked multiple times not foolish? Especially when the answer is pretty much in the rules.

This thread is really rather good. I'm changing all the rules as we speak, so that spammers can do as they wish.

hmmm thanks for the flaming btw... It was well deserved and I am sorry. If you'd like please bend over and I'll kiss your ass... and looking at the dates... It seems that you posted in here today asking if that's all Jake's got... Then Jake said he simplified it for you... Looks like that happened today, so get your facts stragiht before you flame :) Kthxbyeee

Hey man, whatever makes you happy, chode. I will even go the extra mile to get you the footstool you will get down on when you pucker up your thin, pinkish lips and kiss my sand brown behind. I aims to please and I will certainly make every bit of your request as pleasurable as I can for the both of us. :shooter:

I just enjoy going back and forth with ya. Maybe they should pit us against each other in match in the very near future....

Hey man, whatever makes you happy, chode. I will even go the extra mile to get you the footstool you will get down on when you pucker up your thin, pinkish lips and kiss my sand brown behind. I aims to please and I will certainly make every bit of your request as pleasurable as I can for the both of us. :shooter:

wow....ok....That was really cool?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back