• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Some WZ news I'm sure all of you will love...

Mr. Killam, even though I'm pretty sure I've given you your fair share of shit over the years, I'd just like you to know that I've always truly been pretty ambivalent towards your involvement on the main site.

I'm still pretty ambivalent towards you leaving.

That British Point of view guy will be my new main page nemesis.

That has nothing to do with Wrestlezone. And I'm actually sitting in Cash's office right now in Arkansas.

Having nothing to do with me, without getting into their personal lives, it really just came down to money. Chris and a small team put together that website, I helped populate it with writers, and he really carried Russo behind the scenes for months, and spent way too much of his time answering his every whim. Eventually it came down to Chris needing to make money for his time and effort, Russo not wanting to give it to him, and it sort of exploded from there I think.

That has nothing to do with Wrestlezone. And I'm actually sitting in Cash's office right now in Arkansas.

Having nothing to do with me, without getting into their personal lives, it really just came down to money. Chris and a small team put together that website, I helped populate it with writers, and he really carried Russo behind the scenes for months, and spent way too much of his time answering his every whim. Eventually it came down to Chris needing to make money for his time and effort, Russo not wanting to give it to him, and it sort of exploded from there I think.

tl;dr- Vince Russo was an asshole, i.e. everything you expected to happen would happen.

I hope whatever you're doing with yourself is making you happy. Because you really do come off as a genuine person and I know you took a lot of crap on the main page for being too serious about wrestling. But at least you can say you're passionate about your work. That's more than a lot of other people can say.

So long... With you gone, who will ban the trolls now? Hope to see a return of the Mt. Killamanjaro articles from you in the future, once you've taken the break you need. Why don't you and Chris Cash start a new website together instead of working with guys like Russo? Both of you can make good use of your contacts and popularity.

I always held out hope that you would take over Raw reviews from Isenberg. At least with you I didn't feel like I was reading the same shit over and over again.

Tell all shoot once you have left employment?

Kayfabe Commentaries present, The Fall of Mt. Killamanjaro with Mike Killam and a guest appearance from New Jack.

Sean Oliver: Ok lets go to the Twitter questions for Mike. ImpactRasting#1Fans asks, "what size is Batista's dick?"

Nah seriously though, main page is shite. As someone whose done the rounds with wrestling news and editorial websites it can become a burden especially if everyone isn't pulling their weight and don't ask me why, but I imagine the boys on the main page are too busy filming that shitty talk show they do in their grandmothers basements where they jack off to the fact they paid Kevin Nash an extortionary amount of money to appear at their backyard indie show.

Because there's a lot more money to be made outside of owning yet another dirt sheet.

For instance... https://www.thewrestlingbundle.com/

Don't know if that's your site or if it's Labar's but my God it's cringeworthy. The layout for even a basic, "hey this is what we're gonna be doing, here's the descriptions" looks like it was done in about five minutes. And then the products themselves all sound horrible.

Who the fuck would pay to hear Justin Labar interview Matt Hardy?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back