So who do you think won the main event last night?

Discussion in 'The Wrestling Archives' started by Piss Bucket, Jan 28, 2016.

?

Who do you reckon won last night?

1. Sami Zayne

2. Samoa Joe

3. The match was a draw, they kind of both "won"

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Piss Bucket

Piss Bucket Future British World Champ

So the 3 way main event last night ended somewhat controversially, there was a dispute on who Baron Corbin tapped out to, personally I think Samoa Joe won, but what do you lot reckon?

Vote in the poll and discuss!

2. ヒュー G. レックション

A draw of course, as it's impossible to determine which move Corbin tapped out to, unless maybe you asked him, to which he would probably just stare blankly :lmao:

But if I HAD to choose, if I was Regal I would set a precedent that whoever applies the sub!mission first would win, in this case Zayn. For all we know Joe could've seen Corbin was about to tap and put a hold on himself to prevent a clear win. This rule would prevent such instances.

It's the equivalent of Zayn pinning Corbin and Joe lying on top of Zayn. Sure Corbin was unable to kick out due to two men on him, but could you really give the win to Joe?

I love these hypothetical kayfabe scenarios haha but my guess is that Zayn will face Joe for a clear winner. Actually thought Corbin was gonna win this match!

3. Azane

Azane Mid-Card Championship Winner

Kayfabe wise, it's a double win and the way it should play out;
    1v1 match between Sami and Joe
    Triple Threat
    Joe attacks Sami before Triple Threat to build heat and change it to 1v1.

4. BenChillin

BenChillin Pre-Show Stalwart

What matters is that Corbin lost.

Man that guys a bum. Joe and Zayn carried the whole main event. Fighting each other and then Corbin comes in and a hard forearm and he's out off screen for another 3 minutes,

But back on topic. I'd go with the guy who put on the first submission. Always.

Kayfabe tie though.

5. Jack-Hammer

Jack-Hammer YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
    Staff Member Moderator

It'll be a draw and since Corbin was the guy who tapped, they'll probably go the route of having some sort of #1 contender's match between Joe and Zayn. Corbin has come a long way during his time in NXT, but he's still nowhere near being ready for the main roster. I have a feeling he'll wind up being NXT Champion somewhere down the line, but I don't see it going down anytime soon.

6. ShinChan

ShinChan Gone. For. Good.

I think Baron Corbin lost and both Samoa Joe & Sami Zayn won because both had their submission moves applied on Corbin when he tapped out. I am hoping they will keep a No.1 contender match between Joe & Zayn before Takeover: Dallas to decide who is going to face Finn Balor for the gold in Dallas.

About Corbin, I think he is Roman Reigns of NxT but unlike Reigns, WWE is gradually building him up. I too am hoping Corbin to be the NxT champion before Wrestlemania 33.

:devil:

7. Prince Vee

Prince Vee Better than I think I am

Like the most of the above commentors said, it's a win-win situation. Regardless of who applied the hold first, it should be considered both Sami Zayn and Samoa Joe are the winners. Kayfabe or not, NXT is much better than the WWE creative. I reckon it's just a classic Dusty finish but when you bring up a old thing after a very long time, it certainly might look just different. Triple H loves classical wrestling finishes I reckon, props for that!