So what Happens to Barrett?

KKKKwe

Occasional Pre-Show
I mean Barrett was the leader of the most dominating faction in WWE ever and now he's wiped off the face of the earth. With Punk as the new leader of Nexus better thing will definitely happen. Maybe this was what Wade was talking about back in June about how there is a bigger picture and he's coming but he was never coming he was just right under our nose. So what do you think will Wade Barrett be in Nexus still? Will he be kicked out by Punk for not fullfilling what Punk wanted him to do(Taking out Cena)? Or will wade just go to Smackdown?

The answer is all in your hands well not really but tell me what you guys think?

IF WWE wants more top heels on Smackdown, than i see Wade Barrett going to Smackdown which in my opinion would be better for him, after the Edge/Kane feud ends, he can get involved with Edge, maybe even with Barrett winning the rumble??? who knows, but i think Barrett should go to Smackdown.

Of course there was a bigger picture, but it was NEVER about a secret leader. They had not ever mentioned a higher power, and Barret had always said he was the top dog. We heard tonight that Nexus was under NEW management.

As for what the bigger picture Barret had in mind, died not long after he said it. Creative just didn't know where they were going with it.

And Punk, he had nothing to do with Nexus before Cena took out Barret, he just took over.

Going to be interesting, really not wanting a face turn, but I don't really know what he'll do on Smackdown alone.

But I also can't see him working too well with Punk, the group can only have one mouth piece, and Punk isn't going to take a backseat to Barrett, and I don't really know if it's the best move for Barrett to take a back seat.

But a plausible solution, just have punk be a de-facto leader, have Wade come out huffing and puffing, have them embrace, and then just mention they are all on the same page to take Cena out. Punk can mention something like "And it doesn't matter who the leader is, we're all equals" or something like that.

I think in one of these raws you are gonna see punk and nexus beating down cena and barrett comes out and has to make a choice and he is gonna help beat down cena and stay with nexus. I remember right after the nexus helped bury the undertaker, otunga threatened to tell cena the real reason they attacked taker. Could the real reason beat that Punk, who was the higher power all along, told them to. just my opinion but i think this ultimitely leads to Punk vs Taker at wrestlemania

Barrett goes after Daniel Bryan for US Title... To prove he doesnt need Nexus and to also show Bryan was never good enough for him to begin with

I was hoping the WWE Creative Team would end the Nexus story by making David Otunga the centre of attention which would result in the other members turning on one another. However, I do believe Wade Barrett has the potential to have a successful singles career. The Nexus story was great while it lasted but now it's beginning to drag on. It was one of the better storylines written in years and I hope the WWE writers come up with something that will grab us by surprise again.

CM Punk is a very talented wrestler/entertainer, both in the ring and on the mic. But I'm not sure if this is the right move for the WWE to take. Punk is capable of having a great rival with Cena without the Nexus behind him. Punk's talent alone has proven this in the past on many occasions. I guarantee Barrett will be absent from Raw for a couple of weeks before they make him return. It will make the fans suspicious as well as give the Creative Team more time to figure out what to do next. There are two likely possibilities that can come out of what happened tonight on Raw:

1.) Barrett returns and has a feud against Otunga, causing Nexus to fall apart or
2.) Barrett returns and has a feud against Punk, which will also be the beginning of the end for the Nexus

After all is said and done, Barrett can finish what he started with Cena or let bygones be bygones and turn face. What do you think?

somebody help me out please.....when Nexus first debuted who were the first 2 men they went after? oh yea, John Cena and CM Punk....they beat the hell out of them.....or was the entire thing orchestrated from Punk from day one, including letting them beat him down to make it look legit? im confused but def interested.....this may be the bigger picture finally

I mean Barrett was the leader of the most dominating faction in WWE ever

I don't think Nexus is the most dominating faction, in fact after they lost Tarver and Sheffield, they got a lot weaker. Looking back, they weren't so impressive after SummerSlam when they got their asses handed to them.

The most dominating faction is probably still Evolution.

Its clear the CM Punk respects Barrett, or so it seems. I don't know if Barrett will like a new leader taking over his group seeing as this was a decision made by Otunga. Anyway, it would be cooler to see Wade come back and fight with Otunga for CM Punks lap dog position.

Here's what I think could very well happen:

CM Punk manipulates the nexus to join him in his crusade against Cena to destroy Cena, putting aside the fact that nexus beat him down, and takes over after Barrett is kicked out. Cena comes out one night and calls out Barrett, then, despite their past, tries to convince Barrett to let bygones be bygones for the moment, join him and help him destroy Nexus. Barrett is reluctant at first, but he allies with Cena and they both work together to destroy the nexus. Barrett faces Otunga at the Rumble, and Cena defeats the new leader of Nexus, CM Punk, at wrestlemania, to end the nexus once and for all.

EDIT: I also don't think Punk is the bigger barrett was talking about. I think it's simply a case of him being replaced. Wouldn't make sense for that to be the bigger picture anyway.

All I can say is PLEASE NO FACE-TURN! Nobody will buy it! Just like Randy's 2004 so-called turn that didn't even last 6 months! That would be horrible writing even for WWE creative! Yeah, I said it! The show I have religiously watched since Summerslam 1998 is usually guilty if crappy writing! I know, I can't complain too much, I keep coming back week after week.

Wade as a face is an awful idea.
He just needs to stay off TV till the Rumble. At that point, return as a Tweener or still a heel. I can't see WWE spending so much time building him up to be a major heel on Raw just to turn him face within such a short time period (less than a year). Doesn't make sense IMO.

Wade as a face would make about as much sense as Mark Henry,Great Khali,Yokozuna and Viscera in a Fatal 4 way ladder match.
Wade is a natural heel. I don't know whether it's his accent or just his arrogant demeanor. He is a straight natural born heel.
I seriously hope they have him come back as a mega heel in which he has to choose between Cena and Nexus.. But I see it playing out a bit differently. Having him come down and having to choose is really too obvious. I would hope creative may have him make the "save" without actually acting aggressive towards Nexus.

Cena's getting beaten down by Punk/Nexus and suddenly Nexus music hits and Barrett hits the ring with a weapon. Nexus and Punk flee. Barrett helps up Cena, and the show ends for that week with Cena staring at Barrett really confused about what just happened.

Then the GM announces that the next week there will be a tag team match featuring Cena/Barrett vs. Punk/Otunga.

That would get people interested in next weeks show.

Then during the tag match Cena works majority of the tag match and he starts to build momentum. Then he goes for the hot tag. Suddenly the rest of Nexus hits the ring. Barrett runs outside the ring and grabs 2 steel chairs. Giving 1 to Cena. Yup this will give the little kids hope that Cena won't get crushed again. Then *WHAM* Barrett levels Cena in the back with the chair (due to that damn no head shot garbage and no blood policy the back is the only sensible place for the shot to happen). Then the entire Nexus destroys Cena again.

From there you could take it anywhere you want. You could have Punk/Barrett eventually begin to have an internal power struggle, you could have a number of other scenarios take place. But the most important thing here is it would be a pretty big surprise for fans. They wouldn't know up until the chair shot whose side Barrett is really on.

I mean Barrett was the leader of the most dominating faction in WWE ever and now he's wiped off the face of the earth.

First of all, Wade Barrett has not been wiped off the face of the Earth. He's been gone for two weeks, relax.

Also, how in the hell do you view Nexus as the most dominant faction in WWE history? No member of Nexus even held a World title. They were in the main event scene, but I think many factions were more dominant (DX, The Corporation, Evolution, The Alliance, The Hart Foundation (1997), etc.).

When it comes to Barrett, I have no clue where he goes from here. Does he re-join Nexus as a member, and not leader? Does he move to Smackdown, and maybe feud with Edge? Do Tarver, Young and Sheffield team up with Barrett? There are so many possibilities, I have no clue where to start.

But do not think Barrett is done. He's easily the most well-rounded guy coming out of Nexus, and should be a fixture in the main event scene for years and years to come.

There are quite a few ways they can go with Barrett, and one that might be interesting is a new group/stable. Well not QUITE new. Darren Young is still on Raw, and Sheffield should be healthy mid January. Don't know the status of Tarver, but if they end up having a "face" Nexus group and a "heel" Nexus group (Like nWo and nWo Wolfpac in the WCW days) they have a lot of ways they can go storyline wise. You could have guys switching sides do to loyalties to a certain member, and all sorts of swerves. While I still think Wade Barrett is an amazing heel, and would be illogical to make him face, WWE needs to test guys on both sides of the heel/face arguement to see what works best. The Randy Orton situation that was mentioned before when he had his first face run is a good example, but it gauged him as a young talent.

I really do like all the possibilites that are out there with Barrett now. While having C.M. Punk be the new leader has the potential to make Punk look a little weak if booked wrong, there are ways to really elevate Barrett here.

And do not be suprised if whatever storyline they do have has Skip Sheffield involved. WWE was REALLY high on this guy before the injury. I remember there even being reference to him being the "physical leader" while wade was the "mental leader" of the group. Remember all the talk about Nexus losing steam when he went down? Well he was the most impressive in the ring, has an amazing look, and just bursts with charisma.

I'm just gonna sit back and (hopefully) enjoy whatever WWE Creative comes up with here. While the nexus angle has had a downturn or 2, it has been generally exciting to watch since it's inception.

i think barrete will stay on raw after being outsed from nexus and maybe well see a barrete /cena team up to battle the nexus

Who said Barrett was kicked out? Nexus is under "New Management", but doesn't say Barrett was ousted.

I think Barrett should stay in Nexus, but be sorta independent, and then maybe have a feud with Otunga, which would eventually lead to them being phased out of Nexus. I think Barrett can do just fine in a singles career... Otunga would need a bit of work... but the ultimate goal would to have most of the Nexus guys establish themselves, rather than end up being another Spirit Squad disaster.

somebody help me out please.....when Nexus first debuted who were the first 2 men they went after? oh yea, John Cena and CM Punk....they beat the hell out of them.....or was the entire thing orchestrated from Punk from day one, including letting them beat him down to make it look legit? im confused but def interested.....this may be the bigger picture finally

I'll help you out. I just went back and watched the Nexus debut again...Punk was there for about 4 seconds. He got kicked a few times, a few punches thrown in there, and then he was gone. They were definitively not going after him and did not beat the hell (or anything else) out of him. It was Cena and only Cena. They just did what they had to do to get Punk out of the way.

That said, I don't think Punk had anything to do with Nexus until a couple weeks ago. I think he swooped in under Barrett's nose and took over and wasn't with them from the beginning. But if he was, you can't say they beat him up.

As for what happens to Barrett, I doubt he's done with Nexus. Will he join forces with Cena and try to destroy them? Will he go after Punk and try to take back control? Will he try to coax the Nesus members to come back to his side? Either way, this angle has once again been given a breath of fresh air, and Raw continues to be exciting to watch every week.

"The most dominating faction ever"?

You must be new.

Anyways, Barrett's going to be absent for a bit, and then he's going to jump back into the Nexus angle, as a tweener or a heel depending on what he does. If he doesn't rejoin Nexus he's going to tween for a bit against them. It's either that, or he'll reluctantly rejoin under Punk's leadership. That's really the only thing for him to do on Raw.

I'm not sure what's going to happen concerning Barrett or nexus. I guess it just depends on how creative is feeling an hour before the show starts next week. All i know is that I'm sick of seeing the same ending to each show every week. Cena getting the shit beat out of him. I'm a Cena fan, and i dont mind if he's not always on top, but holy shit. Each and Every WEEK? It's such a lazy cop-out. Why cant they write something that doesn't involve Cena being unconscious in the middle of the ring at the end of the show. It amazes me that Cena even knows what the hell is going on anymore.

But i agree with Darbare

when Nexus first debuted who were the first 2 men they went after? oh yea, John Cena and CM Punk....they beat the hell out of them.....or was the entire thing orchestrated from Punk from day one, including letting them beat him down to make it look legit?

This is a very likely possibility. That or Punk is just REALLY pissed about that diet coke.

Whatever the case may be, I know creative really dropped the ball on the whole Nexus angle... I really think it was time to just hang up the armband for the last time.

i think we will see wade back on raw and he will team with cena it seamed that as far as wade was concerned tlc was going to be the end of this now punk has took over and wade out i think he coming back to help John

and i think justin will b out he didnt raise his hand to punk like the rest

Guys Barrett has not been kicked out, Punk has been defending Barrett since he got knocked out by the "23" chairs. In fact Punk said he was paying Cena back for what he did to Wade when he first returned.

Punk is the mysterious leader of Nexus that the WWE universe has been dying to find out about for the last 6 months.

PS this is going to be awesome thanks to CM Punk.

Yes I feel Barrett is a bit directionless now that Punk is the leader of Nexus. He cannot turn face as that would make no sense. Cena destroyed Barrett at TLC and it would make no sense if Barrett aligned with Cena. But he also cannot return to Nexus. Today Otunga said that they were now under a new ruler and as we know now Punk is the leader of Nexus. Also Barrett was not on friendly terms with Otunga and in fact he did not help Otunga when he was getting mauled by Cena. Now Otunga as we got to see today is an integral part of this new faction as well. So I do not think that he would allow Barrett to join Nexus once again now that he is no longer the leader of Nexus.

It'll be really interesting to see what happens here. I think Barrett will either be drafted to Smackdown for a fresh start or feud with Otunga when he returns when Otunga denies Barrett access into this new stable. Still I think that Barrett should keep away from Cena as it would only make sense if Barrett went after Cena because Cena, as we know, has harmed Barrett. So, in my view, Barrett would be better off feuding with Otunga or staying away from the Nexus storyline by going over to Smackdown or taking a break altogether.

I defintiely can't see Barrett as a face, so I imagine he will either fall in line behind Punk or he will move to Smackdown for a fresh start.

I think he'll probably be back in the Rumble as a surprise entrant as Nexus is dominating the rumble, but he won't win it though.. IMO

Well, I think he has to be involved in the new Nexus in some fashion. It would just leave so many holes to have him move on like that.

There are two options. The first option is that he stays with Nexus, provided that Punk was a leader from the beginning. If thats the case, Barrett was just a figurehead or Punk's right hand man. Now Barrett becomes one of the minions like Gabriel and Otunga.

The most likely option, and probably the most interesting option is that he is no longer with Nexus. He becomes upset that Punk has taken his spot as the powerful leader and maybe he turns and sides with Cena. Other than those two options, both of which are unlikely, I have no idea what they are going to do with him. It seems to me that they might have booked themselves into a corner. I hope they have something good in mind for Barrett, because if they dont, it could be a problem that could mar the entire Punk/Nexus story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back