Slammiversary - X Division King of the Mountain

Harthan

Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
Yesterday, via their website, TNA announced that not only would Mick Foley defend his World Heavyweight Championship in a King of the Mountain match, per tradition, but Suicide will defend the X Division title in a special X Division King of the Mountain match. I'm under the assumption that it follows the same rules as regular King of the Mountain matches, and we'll see this be similar to last year's X Division KOTM, which saw Kaz win a WHC match with Joe. This year, it's for the title, and Suicide puts it up against four other X Division stars.

I think we'll see one wrestler from the MCMG and one from Lethal Consequences a part of this match, and with hope, it's Lethal and Sabin. They're feuding with Suicide and match up well here, both to add intensity emotionally, and make this match that much better. I think Daniels will get his way into this, now that he's out of contention for the WHC KOTM, and also has a running interest in Suicide. I think the final man to get involved in this is another out of the running for the WHC KOTM, and that's Eric Young, who looks to be headed for a push.

I think this is the match where Suicide drops. Daniels and Eric Young both need some gold to validate their return and heel turn, respectively, and Suicide has the very gold they need. I think Young will win it, and actually be a halfway serious X Division champion this time, instead of the silliness of his previous reign, where he became the shortest reigning X Division Champion of all time. Great. Daniels is the #2 option, and obviously, there's nothing that needs said about why Daniels makes a great X Division champion. But, I think Young will take it and get a big push out of this as the new top heel of the X Division.

Part of me thinks it'll be MCMG and Lethal Consequences as the 4 other participants. This will stack the odds greatly against Suicide, who I still see retaining.

It seems like Daniels will have some sort of match with Shane Douglas, while Eric Young is going to continue slowly turning heel in some sort of multi-tag match (like at Sacrifice). He's been slowly steaming and a couple more incidents will put him way over the edge. I posted a more detailed "analysis" on the other KOTM thread

Could this not look more like a giant 4 against 1 match-up, in which it ends up being the Motor City Machine guns and Lethal Consequences against Suicide, not to mention one another.

If T.N.A were smart, they'd just have all 4 individuals not named after a video game character, team up and unmask the non-real Wrestler. I care more about seeing Kaz unmasked than I do seeing who would win the X-Division title.

Daniels would be great for this match, but because Shane Douglas attacked him - I likely see a Pay per view showdown between those two. And I could bring up Daivari & his Japanese friend, but both will likely be involved in something else as well. So it brings us back to who has the most storyline connection with Suicide.. Sabin, Shelley, Lethal & Creed.

In the end, I'm still banking on Suicide retaining.

Oh yeah, since we now have two title matches announced for one gimmick, might as well turn this into a 2nd version of Lockdown and make every title match a KOTM match. -- Love could defend against Wilde, Sky, Kong & Victoria. While Team 3D can defend against Beer Money, Daivari/Kiyoshi?, and the British Invasion.

It will more than likely be a good match, But no way in hell are Jeff, And the boys going to let this steal the show, Over the TNA title KOTM.

But with that being said, I'd love to see (as Harthan stated) Eric Young enter, And walk away with the X division gold. As a win would solidfiy his heel turn, And he would be a credible champion with his recent showing against Sting. The match desperately needs the Guns as well, And to round it off i'd place Jay Lethal in there.

EDIT: I've just seen the other thread, So yeah Daniels would be a viable option, As would the Sheik, And Kiyoshi.

Well, WWE does have two Elimination Chamber on a show. And that X-Division King Of The Mountain on last lears pre-Slammiversary iMPACT! made me want to see the real star one all the more. So I see this as being a positive addition to the card. Although that's easy for me to say, I won't be watching it.

This is interesting and surely will be more entertaining than the WHC KOTM match. I'll probably be Suicide against the MCMG. I think that Daniels will be busy with Douglas and I'm not sure how EY would fit in, I think he'll be too busy doing someting with Jarrett. I don't know, I don't have high hopes for him though.

As for the match, I would like to see Suicide finally unmasked, and still have Kaz win the title. I don't really see why only of the other 4 guys would need the title, and Suicide has had a pretty good run with it thus far.

This is goin to be a massive 4 on 1 handicap match against Suicide. With the guns and lethal consequences working together their gonna gang up on suicide, take him out of the picture and turn it into a tornado tag match basically. I think this is the PPV where Suicide drops the title and gets un masked...

I'm expecting lots of sick spots and at least one life threatening dive from the top of something. I'm gonna say one of the guns to get the win and suicide to get a beatdown/unmasked post match

Should be an alright match, probably most of it will be everyone trying to gang up on Suicide to try to unmask him. I think Suicide will overcome the odds in the end and continue his X Division reign.

Dagger Dias prediction: SUICIDE will win this.
_

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back