[Slammiversary] Samoa Joe v. Crimson

Who wins?

• Crimson

• Samoa Joe

Results are only viewable after voting.

It's Damn Real!

The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
slamm4.jpg

Announced on IMPACT Wrestling and IMPACTWrestling.com.

All discussion here.

Unlike Morgan/Steiner, the purpose and reason behind this match is pretty self-explanatory. This should be a solid bout as Joe is an extremely consistent performer and despite Crimson being very green, the guy shows a hell of a lot of upside.

I'm not sure whether Crimson or Joe will win here. On one hand you could have Joe end the streak here, but im not sure they are ready to do that yet. You'll probably see Crimson go over at Slammiversary, pushing Joe over his breaking point, making him obsessed with ending Crimson's streak. Not sure if this is a one time thing, or if this is going to be an longer program. I think Crimson should definitely go over, and move on to someone else, unless they really want Joe to be the guy who ends the streak and puts Crimson in his place.

Um, can someone tell me why they're feuding? I vaguely recollect something to do with Samoa Joe not helping Crimson when he got attacked by Abyss. But then Crimson said he didn't need Joe's help. So why the hell are they feuding? And more importantly, why should I give a shit about Crimson? I love Joe, but Crimson is like Rob Terry-dull.

I have no idea what this match will be like. Because, despite having an undefeated streak, I still don't really know how Crimson wrestles or how well he wrestles. I haven't seen enough of him. It's all very confusing.

As for the result, I assume that TNA want to keep Crimson's undefeated streak intact (because originality is overrated, apparently). I don't care about the result, I just want the best for Samoa Joe because he's better than small-time feuds like this.

As for the result, I assume that TNA want to keep Crimson's undefeated streak intact (because originality is overrated, apparently). I don't care about the result, I just want the best for Samoa Joe because he's better than small-time feuds like this.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you that they will probably have crimson win to extend the streak. i don't see them only hyping this thing up to have it only last a month.

where i disagree with you is somoa joe. For one thing crimson is tna's fastest rising star, so i wouldn't really consider this a small time fued. i honestly feel like joe is doing what he should be doing at this point and thats putting new talent over. what has he done in recent memory that shows he deserves another push? Is it the riveting feud he had with pope where he looked like he didn't give a flying fuck in every segment and match? I honestly can't even remember the last time he had a riveting match like he used to when he was in the x-division. And i attribute that to one fact... SAMOA JOE HAS GOTTEN FUCKING FAT! I know he wasn't a dainty little man to begin with but if his gunt gets any bigger hes gonna rip his spandex. BTW im sorry if i kinda went on a hater rant there. I am a big fan of joe, but I think his recent weight gain is a sign of laziness and lack of dedication and I feel its shown in his recent matches.

Crimson must go over here, it would make no sense whatsoever for Joe to go over. Crimson has the potential to be a much bigger star for TNA than Joe at this point. Given time and build he could be a dominant main event player for them in the future.

If you want a new guy to run over people, build a streak, and so on, is Samoa Joe the best option for his first real feud?

Crimson losing here wouldn't make a damn bit of sense. But, Joe losing to a rookie wouldn't make a whole lot of sense either. I think having this particular feud, so early on in Crimson's run, isn't the best idea. Then again, those in charge seem to see Joe as nothing more than a mid-card guy, so Joe losing this match probably means nothing to them.

If we have a clean finish, and that almost never happens anymore, I'm guessing Crimson goes over. He needs it more, and TNA isn't as high on Joe as they once were.

Well this is kind of a difficult one. I might want to go with Crimson on this. Bt it's a mixed felling so I really can't just go on about this.

This feud has felt so underwhelming. I know TNA is trying to build Crimson as the next big thing, but I just can't care about this feud. Crimson should go over here, because his win streak should go on for a little while longer. I don't have any expectations for this match, but I don't think it'll be terrible.

Oh Joe, how far ye have fallen. From world champ to jobbing to the greenest rookie under employment on PPV. Not expecting much out of this match other than a decisive victory for Crimson. They're going to push the kid, regardless of any actual talent he may or may not have and a win over Joe would be big for him at this stage.

I actually expect Samoa Joe to steal the win here. Ending Crimson's streak so soon would light the IWC on fire - yes, but think of how heated the feud would get from this point on. Crimson is a greenhorn with a lot to prove. He needs memorable feuds and moments, not a string of wins. It's fake wrestling for God sakes. Streaks are not impressive. They are in UFC or any real fighting sport. Here? Not anymore.

Let's say Joe somehow finds a way to steal one under Crimson's nose. Crimson's tough, but he's a rookie, Joe is not. Crimson would be FUMING that Joe ended his streak and the feud continues and it's not longer about one single thing, it's personal now. Have it go for another month or more if you can figure out how to keep it relevant and end it in some epic showdown where Crimson goes over. Some would say "why end it if he's gonna win in the end anyway?". Again, it's not about the streak it's about the storyline.

With streak or without streak - Crimson is impressive and is headed for the Main Event one way or the other, sooner or later. As cool as it is to see him holding on to it, I highly doubt that the fans are interested in a streak. These storylines don't really work anymore, unless your name is Undertaker, and his is a unique one.

Goldberg's streak was different. Goldberg was mysterious. Didn't talk. Just came in, fucked people, and walked out.

Joe's streak was also pretty good, and it worked because (correct me if I'm wrong) he had it in ROH as well and kept going in TNA.

Crimson's streak is kind of "oh, streak, okay". It's a good way to build him up, but I'd rather see him develop himself through actual feuds that showcase and compliment his talents in and outside the ring, instead of a fake statistic.

"Crimson is undefeated!". Big deal if I can't remember the last good promo he cut or the last great match he had or the last memorable feud he was a part of. Streak storylines are for talentless big men who really can't do much. It fits for Khali, Show, maybe Kevin Nash. Not Crimson. Crimson isn't as huge as they make him out to be. He's pretty agile and different. Plus, he can cut a darn good promo. Angle didn't become Angle by having a streak. Michaels didn't become Michaels by having a streak. Triple H, Rock, Austin - no streaks. They became legends because their talents were showcased, they were full packages and had the "it" factor. Crimson has it too. Use it.

I'm VERY VERY excited for this match between Crimson and Samoa Joe. I think that this match has the potential to Steal the Show at Slammiversary and be the Match of the Night. Crimson has really impressed and I have become a big fan of his, Joe has always been one of my favorites. Crimson had a pretty good match last month with Abyss who is not even close to caliber to what Joe in the ring and you put him with Crimson who I think is good in the ring I think that this will be A Very Good match.

Crimson must win here because they need to keep his momentum strong so he can become a more dominant character towards the top of the card in a more impressive way. Joe will continue to be booked badly due to Crimson being damaged more by a loss here. The match will probably be pretty good and towards the second half of the show.

DAGGER'S PREDICTION
Crimson will defeat Samoe Joe

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back