[Slammiversary] Storm & Shelley (C) v. British Invasion [Tag Team Championships]

Who wins?

• "Gun Money" — Storm & Shelley

• The British Invasion

Results are only viewable after voting.

It's Damn Real!

The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
slamm2a.jpg

Announced on IMPACT Wrestling and ImpactWrestling.com

All discussion here.

This doesn't really excite me all that much. It'll probably be a solid match overall, it's just that there's virtually no build up whatsoever here and The British Invasion have been about as irrelevant as it gets since their reformation.

Also, I just think it's kind of a waste with Shelley substituting for Robert Roode. I get that his participation could lead to Beer Money losing the titles, thus causing a rift & eventual break up between the two. However, in my opinion, there are more interesting ways to pull that off without wasting Shelley's talent as a supporting character "accidentally" initiating the demise of Beer Money.

Yeah honestly Shelly came out of left feud. I mean it would have made more sense if Christopher Daniels stepped up to the plate instead seeing as he is a member of Fortune and doesn't have much of anything going on. Other than that I think the belts should have been stripped and have Mexican America vs. British Invasion to decide the new champs since Mexican America has actually been on a roll lately.

Alex Shelly has the perfect oppurtunity to be apart of the X-Division storyline that's going on as opposed to just being in this tag situation. I know stripping Beer Money of the titles would have been the easy way out but unfortunately thats the only route I can take the story.

What happened to Douglas Williams singles push. He was a former X-Division and TV Champ last year. During his TV title reign he was feuding with Immortal and then all of a sudden the British Invasion re-formed. Did I miss something. I mean I like the British Invasion but I actually thought Williams had a lot of potential as a solo act. At least a helluva lot more potential then Rob Terry.

I'm thinking British Invasion win this match because of some misunderstanding between Storm and Shelley..... However if the British Invasion do win I don't see any real "Face" Threat to challenge them. I think for the short time scheme of the tag division in TNA Shelley and Storm will win then go onto feud with LAX version 2.0 causing a rift of jealousy out of Roode for Shelley and Storm getting so close... Ending 'Beer Money'.

I'd like to know if Shelley and Storm are actually being called Gun Money, if so I'm sold on greatest tag name ever! But the match will be good, and an excellent opportunity to see new tag moves in TNA.

First of all, this should be a great match. Four of the most talented guys TNA has in it's roster? Yeah, I'll take that.

The idea of Alex Shelley replacing Robert Roode both excites and confuses me. I'm excited to see in what direction they go with it because I can sense a turn, or break-up. Something will happen and I'm looking forward to it. It confuses me on a kayfabe-level because there's a more obvious replacement. I don't know... maybe someone who is not doing anything and in the SAME STABLE as Beer Money. Why not use Daniels? But I guess they want to keep Alex Shelley in something as Sabin is out for the rest of the year. Why they don't put Shelley in the X-Division storyline I do not know.

I don't have a a problem with Shelley as a substitute here. He's one of the more talented guys on the TNA roster, and he should work well with Truth.

I think this could be a good match, and I wouldn't be surprised if The British Invasion went over here. I don't think Gun Money has a real future. The pairing between Shelley and Storm should only be temporary, and I expect both men to go their separate ways after the pay per view.

I'm really excited for this match between Gun Money and the British Invasion. BI are a Good Tag team with Douglas being Very Good in the ring and Magnus being good but not as good as Doug. Both Shelley and Storm are Very good in the ring and it will be interesting what type of chemistry they have as a team vs the excellent chemistry they had when they the had the excellent MCMG Beer Money best of 5 series. I that this is going a Very Good match and I'm not really sure who is going to win this match because I could see it going either way but I won't mind seeing either team because I'm fan of both teams.

This could wind up being match of the night if they give it enough time to properly develop. Storm and Shelley seemed to work well on Impact this week and the British Invasion are a great duo, so this should be solid tag team wrestling. My guess is the Invasion wins the titles here as well, since they probably want to get the titles off Beer Money because of Roode's injury.

This could very well steal the show and it is my likely pick for match of the night. I just hope they give each guy a chance to showcase their abilities. I would rather see Storm and Shelley with the belts than the British Invasion. "Gun Money" will probably wim because they are a more interesting team who could have an interesting reign together if it lasts long enough. Both teams are good though so we are in for a treat with this match! Looking forward to it.

DAGGER'S PREDICTION
Storm and Shelley will win the TNA Tag Team Championship.

With Shelley being Storm's partner, I suppose TNA has thrown out the idea of re-forming AMW? Unless Storm/Shelley lose this one, then I could see Harris coming in and asking to be Storm's new partner. And for what it's worth I did read a dirtsheet report that TNA is very high on the Brits (Magnus, Williams, and Wolfe) and that they are up for pushing them.

So here's what I think will happen, and we saw it this past Thursday on Impact Wrestling: Storm/Shelley will have a strong bout against the Brits, but eventually run into the issue of miscommunication and the Brits will pick up the win. This could then set up Storm turning on Shelley and/or just abandoning him, and Harris offering to be Storm's new partner. AMW re-forms and wins the gold back from the Brits, which could then create a rift between Storm and Roode.

This'll probably be a great match with these two teams. I really want to see how Shelley and Storm work together. Impact gave us a sample, and it was pretty good. British Invasion are, of course, very good in the ring, and already have their chemistry down. I see them winning here, because what happened on Impact between Shelley and Storm hints at a split coming soon for BMI. Shelley'll probably do something similar in this match, Storm'll get pissed, Roode'll try and calm him down, and they go from there. Like others have said, they should use Shelley for more than this replacement thing, so hopefully it's over after this and he can join the X-Division crusade.

This could wind up being match of the night if they give it enough time to properly develop.

My sentiments exactly.

The smart combonation of Gun Money is exciting to me. Alex Shelley could possibly have gotten a singles push in some form seeing as Sabin out with the torm MCL and ACL, but we also know that TNA wants to push Bobby Roode and James Storm belongs in the tag team division for another while.

As for The British Invasion. Doug Williams is always a pleasure to see, he's more than deserving of a singles push, and to be frank if TNA claim "wrestling matters" then Doug Williams should be on the fucking top of the list in assest to the company. Tremendous worker.

I have high hopes for this match, also I have to give props to Brutus Magnus. He came in from the UK version of Gladiators with no wrestling experience and has blossomed into something very good. Love The British Invasion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back