Skip Sheffield use of the spear

Christian42

Dark Match Winner
If you guys watched Raw last night You would have seen the Nexus attack both Edge and Chris Jericho. Here is a video...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0D_bWkYeUbg
Now id dont know about you but that spear Skip used looked pretty vicious. It actually looked more like a Goldberg spear... you compare
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0hLVGoA7A8
That brings me to my point. Do you think that Skip can use this a regular move? He could use like Goldberg did, where it was not used as a finisher but it set up for the Jackhammer. Skip could use it to set up for the Over the shoulder boulder holder... or the backpack stunner. I thin he has the possibly to bring the spear back to its original level of awesomeness... back when Goldberg used... Because lets face it Edge, Bobby Lashley, Batista, Rhino and Jesse Neal all don't do it eight.
So please discuss... Do think he will use this move more... or did he just use it to mock Edge?

I thought it had a huge amount of impact, he basically put Edge to shame with the delivery and sheer intensity of how he performed it. As I sat there watching I coudn'y help but think that the spear could be a permanent move in Skip's arsenal. It would certainly be a believable finishing move as he does have the size that would make it believable, but will the WWE let him use it? As a power wrestler he certainly has an edge when it comes to using moves of that impact. However this is a wait and see, I hope they continue to let him use because it fits his size and the power game he uses in the ring. I also see the WWE just letting him use it that one time on Edge unfortunately as well.

I was almost expecting a thread on this LOL. I definitely believe that Skip can use the spear as a devastating finisher or finisher set-up. It was definitely on the level of Goldberg and Rhino (the two best spear users IMO).

However, I'm not too sure that it WILL be a regular part of the arsenal. I remember when Tarver used a knockout punch during NXT and was told to change the finisher because Big Show was using the punch at the time. I'd much rather see the Lariat as a finish though seeing as Skip reminds me of a young Stan Hansen with the power build and the sheer impact of said Lariat.

It was a pretty good spear, but I doubt anything will come of it. I'm sure it was purely to mock Edge and nothing more. Besides, they wouldn't let two superstars on the same show share a finisher.

Sheffield has a pretty devastating clothesline so he should keep using that. In addition, he should bring back the finisher he used during NXT, whatever it was called.

I was extemely impressed when I saw it. He really should have it like a signature move. The way Batista used it. Not as a finisher. And really really hope WWE lets him have it.

I always imagined Lex Lugar's Torture Rack as this guys finisher but the spear would be pretty sweet. If he did that to me for real, I'd be broken in half for real.

Not much to say about the Spear. The ONLY guy that ever could have used it as a finisher was Goldberg, and he even used it as a set up to his finisher. His was the only REAL Spear . So what I'm saying is that the Spear should onlt be used to set up a finsiher, never as the finisher itself. Skip's was nice, but it just like Batista's Spine Buster. It looks vicious, not its not a finisher.

I kind of like the idea of Nexus embarrassing people by using their own finishers on them, and I think that is what happened yesterday. I would love it if this trend continued, because I think it adds something to the dynamic of Nexus. With that said, Sheffield is the guy who can mimic other moves best given his immense strength. I believe that Sheffield would have had more success slamming Mark Henry yesterday as well. When it comes to power, Sheffield is the guy for Nexus, and I hope he mimics other power moves.

As far as having it in his own arsenal, I think it's a bit of an overused move in all honesty. I like the lariat better because you don't see it used as a signature move all that often and I think he makes it work. Leave it at that and let Nexus continue to embarrass people the same way. Who wouldn't go nuts if Cena was Attitude Adjusted by one of those guys?

However, I'm not too sure that it WILL be a regular part of the arsenal. I remember when Tarver used a knockout punch during NXT and was told to change the finisher because Big Show was using the punch at the time. I'd much rather see the Lariat as a finish though seeing as Skip reminds me of a young Stan Hansen with the power build and the sheer impact of said Lariat.
Glad I'm not te only one who thought of that. Whe he hit the larit for the first time I thought that it needed to be his finish. With JBL gone you don't see that being used in WWE as the end of a match and Skipis big enough to make it look realistic.

As for the spear, he hit it hard and very well. I don't think it will be a finisher but I'd be glad with it being used as a set up for a finish.

I hope that it doesn't become a part of his arsenal. When Skip used it on Edge last night it made me mad it was like he was mocking Edge and I hated it. Edge is one of my favorites of all time {#4 behind Stone Cold, HBK and Batista} and my favorite in the WWE today. Also Christian42 Edge does do the spear right. I hope Skip leaves the WWE I don't like the Nexus at all now since they attacked Edge. So no I don't think that he should use the spear thats Edge's finisher and all he would be doing is mocking a veteran in the ring.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I hope that it doesn't become a part of his arsenal. When Skip used it on Edge last night it made me mad it was like he was mocking Edge and I hated it. Edge is one of my favorites of all time {#4 behind Stone Cold, HBK and Batista} and my favorite in the WWE today. Also Christian42 Edge does do the spear right. I hope Skip leaves the WWE I don't like the Nexus at all now since they attacked Edge. So no I don't think that he should use the spear thats Edge's finisher and all he would be doing is mocking a veteran in the ring.
Kayfabe is alive and well ladies and gentlemen!. At least I hope it's kayfabe you're living in and if not....wow! To want to get rid of someone because theyused a move that someone you like uses.......Are you secretly Teddy Hart? Even if he was doig it to simply mock Edge I think it was well done. I hope they don't use that every tim ecause that could only hurt the Nexus in the long run but if they give Skipth spear as a devastating move that he used it as onMonday he could well with it.

Kayfabe is alive and well ladies and gentlemen!. At least I hope it's kayfabe you're living in and if not....wow! To want to get rid of someone because theyused a move that someone you like uses.......Are you secretly Teddy Hart? Even if he was doig it to simply mock Edge I think it was well done. I hope they don't use that every tim ecause that could only hurt the Nexus in the long run but if they give Skipth spear as a devastating move that he used it as onMonday he could well with it.

Okay so I don't really know who Teddy Hart is so can you tell me who that is. Also I don't want Skip to leave just because he tried to take out Edge and because he used his finisher. I want him to leave because I don't think he is good enough to be in the WWE okay.

Reactions: TSG
I disagree, Rhino did the spear or "Gore" really really well and as he has gotten a little older it is a little tougher for him to do, but he still does a really really good spear.

the Gore was one of those "holy shit!" moves. it was always impressive in ECW and a lot in WWE as well. batista.. well i was never really a fan of his really.. even Goldberg made fun of him using it. Edge has been using it forever, BUT when he first started it wasnt his finisher, that killer DDT was. always loved that DDT. looked brutal.

but i liked the Spear last night. looked great. but yes, it was a one time deal, sorry.

and sorry for sayin it Nicole13Edge/HardyFan, but i loved the beat down of edge and Y2J last night.. and im a jericho fan. but it was about time a heel got it too. and yes, all the Nexus are good enough to be there, because they are there. if they were not good enough, then they would be in the FWC still. just have not had a chance to really have them show what they got, but Skip was one of the ones that really impressed me in NXT, his size alone is something missing off RAW since Batista left. and with a bit more time, you'll see that they all are actually pretty good, yes, even Young and Slater. you cant denie that the 450 is a BEAUTIFUL move.. way better then Jeff Hardy's old move, because it's harder to do right. like the Air Bourne.

Okay so I don't really know who Teddy Hart is so can you tell me who that is. Also I don't want Skip to leave just because he tried to take out Edge and because he used his finisher. I want him to leave because I don't think he is good enough to be in the WWE okay.

Ehem....<giggle>

Anywho... After watching the spear, he actually is a bit off to the side. I think, had he hit it dead on, it woulda looked way more devastating. And, I see this move becoming part of Skip's "move set". Let us be honest, Edge's spear is crap... Davey B has "quit". Skip could use it on the show. He is big enough, and with practice, could start delivering Goldberg-esque spears. The kind where the guy flys back and folds over.

On a side note.. Who thought Wade Barrett wasn't gonna be able to pull off his firemens dump move on Big Ol' Mizzark? ME! And he kept grabbing his back after, he seriously coulda pulled something hefting that big 'un and almost losing him the way he did. Henry didn't help the matter by holding the rope, but you have to figure he isn't in that situation much!!

And, there you have it.

Really???Really???
Hey sorry I was at football practice could not respond sooner.... this could possibly be the most weird reply's I have ever seen posted... It was like the most biased thing ever. Here is an example of what it was like...
Ya I think Kane should leave WWE cuz uh Undertaker did chokeslam first and he should not be mocked... so Kane should be fired. Undertaker is my favorite ( #3 behind John Cena and Hulk Hogan) so kane should get fired because Undertaker was firsrt and better and i like him more so kane sucks.

That was what your post essentialy was...

Okay Christian42 I don't think that Skip should be fired because of what he did to Edge I didn't like it but he shouldn't get fired because of it.

I just don't think that he has that much potential to make it in the WWE, I'm sorry but thats just my opinion I think that Wade Barrett overshadows everyone because he has good mic skills and good in-ring skills. I think that if Skip does stay he will just be stuck in the mid card section I think that he would do better in TNA okay.

Skip hit a decent spear, IMO. I would actually like to see Skip Sheffield given a role where he is used to use other wrestlers finishing moves against them. I also think that Skip Sheffield is a potential shining star in the Nexus group. Time will tell how far he will go, but he has the potential of becoming the next "monster", if WWE decide to use him that way.

On a side note.. Who thought Wade Barrett wasn't gonna be able to pull off his firemens dump move on Big Ol' Mizzark? ME! And he kept grabbing his back after, he seriously coulda pulled something hefting that big 'un and almost losing him the way he did. Henry didn't help the matter by holding the rope, but you have to figure he isn't in that situation much!!

QUOTE]

I Immediately thought the same thing when I saw it. That Barrett probably legitimately messed up his back up on that. I thought the move actually looked sweeter than normal last night because Henry's weight brought Barrett down with him and it looked like a Pittsburgh Plunge move like Mr. Anderson uses. Then again when Cena's Team hit the ring he ran up the stands pretty fast. So who knows.

Like others have said, I think it was purely an attempt to mock Edge. If I remember correctly at an FCW event the same week Nexus attacked Cena they attacked Miz and Christian and Slater used the killswitch on Christian. Was a vicious spear though

I like Skip Sheffield. Always have. I'm glad he's not a babyface, he's way more intense as a heel. That said, I thought the spear was devastating to witness. To nit-pick and say that he was off the mark, or whatever, I mean, that's just being petty.

Skip is a big guy, reminds me a whole lot of Batista only more flexible and nimble in the ring. It's like he's lighter on his feet. He should be able to use the spear, the power bomb, and the spinebuster in his moveset. He's got the build to pull it all off.

That said, I'm not lobbying for Batista 2.0. I liked big Dave alot and don't think he needs "replaced" with an imitator, but alot of his moveset would look fresh on a younger guy like Skip. In fact, the only thing I don't like about Skip is that damn name. Skip. Why not Hopscotch or Double Dutch....christ.

Okay, I may be way off here, but, hasn't skip used that move before. I seem to recall him using it on one edition of RAW where NEXUS all ganged up on one person. In fact, If I'm not mistaking, he used it the night when nearly every NEXUS member hit Cena with some sort of power move. Now, if I my memory does indeed serve me correctly, this would be the second time (at least) that we've seen this move from him. If so, then we certainly can't say he used it to "mock" edge. And furthermore, it would go to show that this move is already a part of his repitoire, if not his finisher. Am I dreaming, or has he used the spear before?

That was definitely a very powerful looking spear, I could see him using it in the same way that Batista or on occasions Taker use it just as a regular move maybe setting up for that backpack Stunner or maybe even that clothesline he has been using in the beatdowns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back